The really slow loss team!

It's 12 months today since I started back on this losing weight lark and I am not a happy bunny this morning, to say the least!

It's a gain of 1¼ lb since last Monday for me. So I'm off the norty step.

I know its only carb bloat - I had roasties as well as yorkshires with my roast beef yesterday - and I know it'll probably be gone again tomorrow but I'm still mad at myself.

Off to bridge now and I just hope we do better there as last week was a disaster.

*** Skulks off in annoyance ***

Never mind my lovely - it'll soon come off again :bighug: - as I said on my diary post, it looks like I've gained 1.5lbs just over the weekend whils tI was away at my friend's in Devon, but every ounce is deserved so I'm not complaining too much :rolleyes:

Good luck with the bridge :)

It's 12 months today since I started back on this losing weight lark and I am not a happy bunny this morning, to say the least!

It's a gain of 1¼ lb since last Monday for me. So I'm off the norty step.

I know its only carb bloat - I had roasties as well as yorkshires with my roast beef yesterday - and I know it'll probably be gone again tomorrow but I'm still mad at myself.

Off to bridge now and I just hope we do better there as last week was a disaster.

*** Skulks off in annoyance ***

Poor Pomette....damn carb bloat :(

Lets hope you have a super week this week x

pomette :( maybe change your weigh day to midweek? i think post weekend weigh in is lethal cos even if you have been on plan we tend to have bigger portions and more carby stuff on a weekend which can cause temporary bloat. i had roasties and yorkie puds yesterday, all synned and fine but i feel bleurgh today.

thats a good attitude to have jenny, if you didnt follow a healthy eating plan while trying to stop smoking you would end up gaining weight quickly as your appetite increases when trying to give up. i think your fab! keep going hun and just think how healthy you will feel in a few weeks time! stopping smoking is damn hard and anyone who manages it straight off deserves a medal, my hubby cant do it, he wants to but just cant get to grips with it and hes so so horrible when hes trying to give up. are you using patches or going cold turkey?

i am convinced i have gained, my bloat is mega!>? my xmas binging has come right back at me for sure! dreading weigh in tomorrow.....almost want to avoid it. I know i always say i have gained and i havent but i know it today.

pomette it really is a killer isnt it ? weights just fluctuate so much without good reason (well reasons enough to satisfy me that is).

well done jenny i am so glad i never started smoking, i am sure it is hard to stop.

hi all may i join you here....

have been reading for a while - i'm loosing weight so slowly its driving me potty

i've lost 19lb since july. usually 1/2-1 lb per week.

i do red/green as i cannot eat much fruit/veg due to a medical condition - i have to have a low fibre diet so cannot do extra easy.

still, i am loosing, just slowly but would like some support before i fall off the wagon.

i attend class and WI monday evenings. 1lb off this week.

saidan

welcome!! theres some great support on here, well done on your pound loss!!

felicity-your bloat may go down by tomorrow hun, try not to panic and please go to group. i nearly didnt go the week i gained 5.5 pound but i am glad i did as it snapped me out of it and back into sw mode big time! i have been plodding for ages but i feel ive really gotten into the swing of it suddenly, im hoping my effort pays off...it remains to be seen haha! but dont lose heart cos of 1 gain, you can do this and the only thing standing in your way is yourself....so go and face it and give yourself a kick up the bottom if needed, or come here and ill give you one :D xxx

pomette :( maybe change your weigh day to midweek? i think post weekend weigh in is lethal cos even if you have been on plan we tend to have bigger portions and more carby stuff on a weekend which can cause temporary bloat. i had roasties and yorkie puds yesterday, all synned and fine but i feel bleurgh today.
That was one of the reasons I chose Monday to WI in the first place. I know I will always be at my heaviest!

You're right though about roasty meals. I synned all mine too yesterday and was still within all limits. But it's just the quantity of carbs.

My WI day shouldn't make a difference to me, I'm retired and every day is the same. But we still have our SUnday roast - the only really British meal and tradition that we hang onto.

Last edited:
There is no link, don't know how to do it. Just assumed you'd be able to see it in the relevant forum :(

THANKS POMMY FOR THE LINK, IT SAVES MY LAZY EYES SEARCHING FOR IT, oooo capslock sorry !! ha ha ha i have comented on the diary and will say it actually looks quite strict, i am not sure your eating enough free/superfree and under synning (lucky thing). more syns lady!!

Lou, cheers mate x just going for weigh in at work (cant afford class any more)

edited...huge tummy bloat and a STS *sighs and stops panicking*

Last edited:
THANKS POMMY FOR THE LINK, IT SAVES MY LAZY EYES SEARCHING FOR IT, oooo capslock sorry !! ha ha ha i have comented on the diary and will say it actually looks quite strict, i am not sure your eating enough free/superfree and under synning (lucky thing). more syns lady!!
:) Syns scare me :D What do you use them for?
I thought my free/superfree portions were huge :confused: What is it you've seen that makes you think otherwise? Any input is welcome, folks :)

actually re looking at things it does look fine. i guess you are eating big amounts of the superfree?

what do i use my syns on? ha ha ha what dont i use them on ?! generaaly its wine, wine and oh wine. plus a biscuit here and there, a chocolate here and there, a few crisps here and there, a bite of my sons tea (just to check its not too hot), a stolen chip off someone elses plate, a few sweeties from my sons stash, a bite of toast from someones plate,a scrape of butter on my brown toat, a blob of tommy ketchup on my scramblies, a smidgen of mayo on my brown bread sandwich.....oh dear god i better stop now i look odd

I'm the same :( I feel like I'm just gaining weight, I'm swelling visibly like a puffa fish. And I haven't had a period since 25th November :(
I'm dreading Thursday, I really am :cry:

poor you ! homones huh? they have allot to answer for!

i have had a word with myself today.....apologies again as i always seem to panic and need reassurance when i need to weigh in and the scales have been kind to me. sorry guys its not fair to give me reassurance to me anymore i am a twit.

i think my belly is expanding but perhaps the loss is elsewhere where i dont notice it as much,,, if that makes sense?? i wish i could lose it off my fat head...

Back