The really slow loss team!

what do i use my syns on? ha ha ha what dont i use them on ?! generaaly its wine, wine and oh wine. . .

That's my girl!!! That's exactly what I save my syns for.

The other biggest thing for me is Olive Oil. I can't stand FryLight (and it's VERY expensive to get here) so I much prefer to fry things in a tablespoon of olive oil which is only 3 syns for me (hubby obviously has other half!) and makes things taste so much better. I also have an oil sprayer bought in Lakeland, and do my SW chips with OO instead of FryLight but as a spay is less than 2 cals it is free anyway and they taste SOOOOO much nicer.

I also syn things like peas and parsnips on a red day, or an extra bit of meat on a green.

So syns don't actually have to be norty stuff - just stuff that you want to add in that day.

meadowbankles - to keep your diet balanced you need to have at least 5 syns a day.

hi all thanks for the welcomes.

I joined a gym today. Am hoping to go twice a week, i really enjoyed the class so that helps.

i'm on a red day today - need to go start a caserole for dinner tonight :rolleyes:

syns for me have to be crisps & chocolate, gotta have my daily fix :break_diet:

saidan

What if you have a flexible sins night out at the weekend? Would you say continue to have 5 syns a day?

I would say not but i dont really know, i am not a big fan of saving syns up i think you need the constant of low calories rather than a blow out but when you have to you have to! its a betetr compromising than mine....blow outs and 10 + a day !!

hi all thanks for the welcomes.

I joined a gym today. Am hoping to go twice a week, i really enjoyed the class so that helps.

i'm on a red day today - need to go start a caserole for dinner tonight :rolleyes:

syns for me have to be crisps & chocolate, gotta have my daily fix :break_diet:

saidan

welcome aboard !

hello everyone!
les, i too havent had a period since the 30th november, im covered in spots and am bloated all the signs etc but no period, i even put i was having a * week last week as i was so convinced it was coming but nothing..weird. mind you i am never regular anyway.

felicity- you and your wine hee hee. dont worry about your pre weigh in jitters, we all get them hunni x

pom- if it were me and you get just bloat on a monday i wouldnt weigh in that day, i would find it demoralising, especially if i knoew the rest of the week i was less :/ ive had veg and chicken soup for 2 days and have veggie bloat...that was an oversight on my part eh ha ha x

i use my syns for, sauce sauce and more sauce, gravy, i dont count my alcohol normally which is why i dont lose much weight haha so i have a 4 drink rule now and have been counting them as syns, so it will include alcohol. i dont eat chocolate cos im not a massive chocolate fan (yes i know im weird) i have it every now and again but have to really fancy it, im more of a fruity pudding person, like lemon cheesecake, well anything lemon flavoured actually, erm i would also use my syns for stuff like a kebab, a meal out, an extra bit of cheese (my vice) or extra slice of bread, an extra alpen light, try not to spend them on heavy calorie stuff cos you get less food per syn, and now i sound like a greedy mare dont i?

i am getting weighed tonight but wanted to ask you all something. i have been more than good this week, i have been success express good, low syns, snacking on fruit etc etc...but i have started a heavy regime at the gym, and just got on the scales and doesnt lok like ive lost much :( yet on saturday before i started at the gym i had lost 4 pound on my scales?? would 2 heavy sessions at the gym hinder loss due to water retention around the muscle? or is my body being stupid again? i wanted to lose 2 to get back to where i was before christmas. it makes me feel like not going to the gym if im gonna gain weight or not lose...even though logically i know it is ony temporary it doesnt take much to tip me off plan, and a sts or teeny loss will push me off my motivation wagon when i have been ridiculously good this week and the week before. am i just having pre weigh in jitters?

Oh Lou, I don't know whether the gym will affect weight loss or not, I would've thought it shouldn't though.
I think we're all starting to obsess because our weight losses are so rubbish, though. I've just been talking to my sister, it just drops off her, and she seems to think alcohol is to blame for me. But I've been off the wagon since starting again (except for Christmas and New Year) and my only alcohol tends to be one of those little one glass sized bottles of wine (6 syns) and I always count it. I love chocolate but haven't had any. My syns tend to be a tsp of honey on my yogurt, gravy on my Sunday dinner, a glass of wine, a cereal bar .... I'm just so darned fed up at the moment and seriously thinking about chucking meetings as my consultant is so unmotivating and as dry as dust :rolleyes:
I was thinking I could save £5 a week towards my fruit bill and carry on with the support of this great forum. But I wouldn't have access to syns online etc so then I though I might change to being an online member, then I don't have to slink in every week and feel humiliated by truly rubbish losses (and gains).
Can you eat too much fruit????

Oh Lou, I don't know whether the gym will affect weight loss or not, I would've thought it shouldn't though.
I think we're all starting to obsess because our weight losses are so rubbish, though. I've just been talking to my sister, it just drops off her, and she seems to think alcohol is to blame for me. But I've been off the wagon since starting again (except for Christmas and New Year) and my only alcohol tends to be one of those little one glass sized bottles of wine (6 syns) and I always count it. I love chocolate but haven't had any. My syns tend to be a tsp of honey on my yogurt, gravy on my Sunday dinner, a glass of wine, a cereal bar .... I'm just so darned fed up at the moment and seriously thinking about chucking meetings as my consultant is so unmotivating and as dry as dust :rolleyes:
I was thinking I could save £5 a week towards my fruit bill and carry on with the support of this great forum. But I wouldn't have access to syns online etc so then I though I might change to being an online member, then I don't have to slink in every week and feel humiliated by truly rubbish losses (and gains).
Can you eat too much fruit????

i dont think so, its super free so you can have as much as you like and better than snacking on pasta or potatoes! do you exercise much? your body has maybe gotten used to what your eating and you maybe need to shake it up a bit? i know i keep harping on about it but i would recommend success express, i am less hungry and feel loads better. and lost 3.5 pound in 5 days...definitely worth a shot.

i stopeed going to group a while ago...before i joined this time, and i did manage to lose weight but i found as i had no reason to get weighed on that set day ie i wasnt losing money or having my c texting me i was making excuses to not go which led to me thinking that i could have that extra food and then just delay getting weighed and be extra good leading upto it, but i never was extra good and i just stopped losing weight. if you can be strict with yourself then go for it, but i was ready to throw in the towel before christmas and not go to group but im so glad i didnt now. keep at it hunni, your effort will pay off xx

Lou I do think the first week back at the gym can have an impact on WI at least I know it does with me. Your body does catch up after the initial shock.

Meadow I found changing groups made a big difference to how I felt. Are they other groups in your area ?

Weigh in tonight for me as well.

Yes, there are other groups. There's a Wednesday night one which gets a good rep. Thinking of turning up there for a WI to see what it's like but NOT tomorrow as it's the footie :D

When I started at the gym I actually gained weight. Your muscles store water as they're repairing from a work out. It should settle down soon when your body gets used to it but for me, I want to lose most of my weight first and THEN go to the gym to tone up and get fit, because i'm still getting exercise doing day to day things, but when i'm nearing the end of my journey that will be my last little hurdle when I'm not too bothered if I gain a pound or two, because I would be slimming and I know that the gain would be from toning up my body.

Hope this makes sense?

X

thanks guys, im glad i read your replies before i posted cos i lost a pound and was a bit miffed since i have done 5 days success express and only about 50 syns all weeks. i feel swollen today and my stomach is killing from the exercise. i would normally be absolutely over the moon with a pound dont get me wrong im not being ungrateful but success express is mainly veg and fruit and i know ive done it properly, and last week over 5 days i lost 3 and a half pound? i just wanted 2 pound off so i would have what i gained over christmas off. but i am after all a tortoise team member...i cant expect big losses every week. the other thing is i havent been having breakfast i wonder if this has hindered weight loss? im not a breakfast person and i find it a real effort to eat first thing. would this make a difference?

how did you get on felicity

I also lost a measly pound after putting on 5 last week. I am not happy at all as last week was star week plus Christmas bloat and my scales show at least a 3lb loss.

Hey Lou & Latte

Well done to both on your 1lb losses .... I know your not overjoyed with it at the moment ( I lost 1/2 last week so know the feeling) but it still came off and it wasn't an STS. Weight loss is a mystery, but keep at it and you will get there :)
Can u remind me of this on Saturday when I come on for a similar conversation lol x

Fellow tortoise team - I think we're all struggling a bit - I know I am.
Xmas 2011 has messed with a lot of us - me included

50 weeks sticking to plan - 40 lbs lost. 5 DAYS off plan - 5 pounds gained.

And now I just cannot get my head into gear. WTF!!! I know how to do this but don't seem to be able to get there.

We need to stop being so hard on ourselves. I'm sure if I could just stop stressing about it I would feel a lot better.

So from tomorrow, I'm going to chill, be cool calm and collected about food and stop beating myself up!

Come on tortoises. WE CAN DO THIS!

Meadow

I actually do it totally on my own as there are no groups here - no online membership either - and you do have to be VERY disciplined, otherwise it is so easy to fall off the wagon and just not climb back on. It's probably the main reason why my average weight loss is slow. I've had a few big losses but quite a few gains too. You just have to learn to take the rough with the smooth and keep going.

So deffo try another group as I'm sure it is easier with a good C and group.

Think I need to go on the naughty step again!! Thats 5lbs in 2 weeks. Not sure what is happening as before Christmas I lost that over about 13 weeks. Then subsequently put it back on & then some over Christmas!! Argh!!

Oh well, I might as well get my money's worth out of SW and follow the plan!!

I have filled in the food diary & F.I.T. log this week. My partner & I have come up with an incentive. For every stone we lose, we can buy a treat!! Mine will be a Garmin Watch to assist with running. My partners is Forza!! Think I will have to lose 2 stone to "afford" my treat!! Better get cracking then....

well done greedy guts!! i am jealous haha but pleased for you obviously :D

i came home in an arse and ate 35 syns worth of food. oops. mainly in sausages. i even had chocolate, thats how mad i was, i thought i have lost a pound some weeks when ive had take away and drank myself stupid and the week i really follow it strictly and have just 4 drinks i lose the same? it didnt seem fair so i sabotaged myself cos im a total div. i didnt enjoy it the sausages were horrid and i dont really like chocolate so i wasted all those syns for nothing. see what i mean about me...doesnt take much to tip me off that wagon. but something miraculous happened..i cut myself a piece of cheese fit to sink the titanic and put biggest loser on, then i just sat thinking 'what are you doing?' so i threw it in the bin, chopped my pineapple up, peeled and orange pulled it into segments shoved it all in a bowl and ate that with fat free fromage frais instead. i wish i hadnt had all that crap now and had just had a bag of crisps was what i really wanted tbh and it would have only been 5.5 syns ffs. what a moron i am. so i return undefeated, screw you scales and screw you body...i WILL lose weight and you may have won this small battle bt i will win the war!!!

rant over.

Right girls (and occasional boys)
I have lost the plot. Like Pomme said, Christmas has ruined me. I can't get back on. Had a 100% day today until family meal time when I had my red day and a massive bowl of chips came out for the others. I said out loud "I don't want them". I didn't want them, I knew I couldn't have them yet still when I'd finished my grilled bacon steak with green beans, carrots and mushrooms, I still ate the left over chips. Not a few, LOADS with mayo.
I'm so annoyed at myself and now more than ever I need to do this. If you didn't see in the NSV thread, Mike proposed before Christmas and today we've set the date. I officially am on countdown. 277 days until our wedding day.
I've been reading still every day but not posting and I didn't realise how much contributing made a difference to me. So I'm back, regularly posting, I'll get my diary back in check and start listening to advice, offering advice, update my stats which are so out of date, throw myself into this, buy another countdown and work 100%. Not for half a day but for a whole day, then 2, then maybe a week.
I have to do this and I need your help. The naughty step seems a distant memory.

Sincere congratulations to everyone who's managed to either ignore xmas or get back on. I never thought it would be this hard!

Back