The really slow loss team!

Right Hels - operation wedding it is then!

I think the problem is that you and I have been at this for soem time, our BMI is NOT that far above 25 and it all just gets harder and harder to lose those last few pounds.

So get ready for some of these from me to keep you in check! :whoopass::asskick:
But I promise plenty of these too when required! :hug99:

PS You're allowed to kick me back when I waiver or whinge too!

yay hels thats the spirit!! get that motivation back..you can do this. christmas is a **** and i dont care for it much at all. if it wasnt for me seeing i had gained all that weight in one single week i think i would be struggling too, but the thought of gaining 5.5 each week im totally off plan mortified me in less than 6 weeks i would have put all the weight back on that its taken me 7 months to lose...face the music, get back on it and start a fresh.

bev your right about when your closer to healthy bmi or in it, it is definitely harder to lose the weight. i get stuck at 10.7 every time i do sw, my bmi is healthy at that weight but i want to lose another stone on top of that so it is frustrating...im miles away from that now like haha x

Hi all!
Very well done to our losers and a special well done to those who lose slowly but are still here!
So, what strategies are we going to put in place to stop those sabotage moments? For me , quark, options, sweetener and fruit works very very well to make that cheese cake type taste... But I have to have quark in the house!

Lou, if you need to 'pig out!' which we all do sometimes, eat something you like and enjoy it!

Stay with it everyone!
My sneaky peak says 2 lbs off so far since Sunday but I am sure that will come back by next Sunday just to annoy me :)

Lou, you can see gains with gym training but i wouldnt have thought it after one week, are you drinking plenty of fluids (water not gin or wine)? there are allot of toxins released when you return to exercise and they need help to be flushed out. eventually with exercise you have a better metabolism, in that it functions better if that makes sense? its constant and more effective with no peaks and troughs.

what a shame you only lost a 1lb after all your hard work??! get back on the track hun and keep going we promised to kick you up the arse and i am kicking *kicks* today is a new day. i have to say yes sucess express will work BUT its not sustainable really is it? it worries me folks may gain when stoping it but thats just my ill informed opinion.plus 50 syns isnt enough 10 per day is the law

meadow bankles i left my group for financial reasons but i would have switched if i were to have kept going. my C was also pants whereas other groups were rocking ( i went along to a diff group one week but got there too late). try another group without your sllimming buddy LOL

Pommette i am absorbing your coolness, which is excellent advice btw!

greedy guts well done !! do you run allot i am convinced running is the best fat burnng exercise around

Hels your getting married !!?? how exciting and big congratulations to you xx well done for eating chips and mayo*drools* but today is another day. get back to it

LOu, it appears i stayed the same, hence why i apologised for my panic (again) i go on my tummy bloat as my guide for weight gain which is squiffing things for me i think

Last edited:
thanks felicity. ive been drinking loads, but i keep randomly blowing up for no reason? im sure its hormone related again, i feel like * week is coming constantly but nothing is going on...if hubby hadnt had the snip i would swear i was pregnant. but this happened before my last period, so wondering if its just temporary bloat caused by my hormones going on a rampage...im going to plod on regardless. im not doing success express this week, i have enjoyed doing it but im going to switch it to shake things up a bit...gonna try a mix of red green and extra easy days this week, going to still have loads of super free foods as ive felt better for eating loads of fruit and veg, and ive had more energy.

my c and my friend who does a lot of training, running marathons etc have both said that when you first start doing any form of heavy exercise to the point your muscles hurt you temporarily retain fluid in your muscle to help repair it but as your body gets used to it, it dispurses and thats when you see the benefits, im not giving up the gym anywa ive only just re joined haha! im guessing 50 syns last week but it was possibly more...definitely not over 105 anyway, but i wasnt really needing any most days cos i was so full from my super free and free food meals and then i had all my healthy extras to snack on...but, i was thinking this morning i was having 2 healthy extras a and b, as i was doing success express but im wondering if maybe my portions were off a bit...i dont think they were...but maybe they were and having the extra healthy extras was a mistake?
anyway line drawn underneath it, i still lost a pound and that will teach me for getting my hopes up that 2 big losses in a ro is possible hahaha. silly me.

back on it this morning and forcing down breakfast of scrambled egg, toast and cooked toms and mushrooms. aching like crazy from the gym too so wont be doing much today :D

thanks felicity. ive been drinking loads, but i keep randomly blowing up for no reason? im sure its hormone related again, i feel like * week is coming constantly but nothing is going on...if hubby hadnt had the snip i would swear i was pregnant. but this happened before my last period, so wondering if its just temporary bloat caused by my hormones going on a rampage...im going to plod on regardless. im not doing success express this week, i have enjoyed doing it but im going to switch it to shake things up a bit...gonna try a mix of red green and extra easy days this week, going to still have loads of super free foods as ive felt better for eating loads of fruit and veg, and ive had more energy.

my c and my friend who does a lot of training, running marathons etc have both said that when you first start doing any form of heavy exercise to the point your muscles hurt you temporarily retain fluid in your muscle to help repair it but as your body gets used to it, it dispurses and thats when you see the benefits, im not giving up the gym anywa ive only just re joined haha! im guessing 50 syns last week but it was possibly more...definitely not over 105 anyway, but i wasnt really needing any most days cos i was so full from my super free and free food meals and then i had all my healthy extras to snack on...but, i was thinking this morning i was having 2 healthy extras a and b, as i was doing success express but im wondering if maybe my portions were off a bit...i dont think they were...but maybe they were and having the extra healthy extras was a mistake?
anyway line drawn underneath it, i still lost a pound and that will teach me for getting my hopes up that 2 big losses in a ro is possible hahaha. silly me.

back on it this morning and forcing down breakfast of scrambled egg, toast and cooked toms and mushrooms. aching like crazy from the gym too so wont be doing much today :D
I'm exactly the same, I even did a test on Monday (despite the snip happening nearly three years ago and me being a bit long in the tooth).

Morning chicas - cool, calm Bev here!

Today I got up feeling more positive, hopped on the scales and then jumped up and down a bit with joy. :D They have started moving in the right direction at last. Amazed really as yesterday we were taken out to lunch by some lovely friends and we had a 4 hour lunch! :eek:

Yesterdays food - there was lots of it eaten - will probably catch up tomorrow which means the scales will probably go up again to really pi$$ me off but I' calm.

I'm having a "cleansing" day today. Lots of water, loads of fruit and veg and no carbs whatsoever to see if I can get rid of this bloated feeling too.

Ladies - I haven't had a * week for over 20 years! Hysterectomy and no ovaries and therefore in theory no hormones. But I still swell up like mad and get spots - yes spots at 56!! (Sorry to depress you but it can go on a bit!) So my hormones do odd things. Put that together with probably too many carbs and the result is a great big huge ball of a stomach for a few days and then - hey presto - it goes away again. Perversely, I sometimes think that lots of veg makes me swell up as well. I think it matures in my stomach and gives off lots of gas and I stay swollen until *ahem* it's escapes the other end !!!!! :D:D:D

Best boob forward and let the battle of the bulge 2012 commence.

Have a nice day chicas.

best boob forward :D

i'm off to a beginners circuits class in an hour :eek: hopefully it will be fun LOL. aiming to go 3 times per week, but don't want my weight loss to slow (couldn't really get much slower!). why does working out make your weightloss slow? its not like i'm building muscle at this point.

i'm on a green day today - normally red but throw in a few greens for variety.

i don't get any bloatiness etc like you are talking about - one of the benefits of having no colon & an ileostomy!

saidan

best boob forward :D

i'm off to a beginners circuits class in an hour :eek: hopefully it will be fun LOL. aiming to go 3 times per week, but don't want my weight loss to slow (couldn't really get much slower!). why does working out make your weightloss slow? its not like i'm building muscle at this point.

i'm on a green day today - normally red but throw in a few greens for variety.

i don't get any bloatiness etc like you are talking about - one of the benefits of having no colon & an ileostomy!

saidan

It's all about water, Saidan. Something to do with muscles holding on to it, needing, some technical jargon. If you're exercising, keep your fluids up more than normal. I've just started "30 day shredd"ing and afterwards I downed a whole pint of water in about 20 seconds and another one 5 minutes later. It normally takes me all day at my desk to drink that much. If you hate water get some no added sugar squash. A personal favourite of mine is the white label cherry Vimto. In fact, I've convinced myself. Instead of the Diet Pepsi I was about to open, I'm going for the squash.

Thanks everyone for your supportive messages. Already I've woken up this morning feeling fabulous and ready. Breakfast, Melon, 0% total and a tsp honey, lunch is a BLT (microwaved WW Bacon), 2 x 400g loaf WM bread with a Side Salad. Tonight is grilled pork chop roast where I'll avoid the yorkshires, frylight the potatoes. EE day to the MAX. Could just be the first 100% days since 20th December!! If I shred again tonight I might even get a STS.

New Years Res: Stop sneaky peaking. I have NO idea what the scales say!

It's all about water, Saidan. Something to do with muscles holding on to it, needing, some technical jargon. If you're exercising, keep your fluids up more than normal. I've just started "30 day shredd"ing and afterwards I downed a whole pint of water in about 20 seconds and another one 5 minutes later. It normally takes me all day at my desk to drink that much. If you hate water get some no added sugar squash. A personal favourite of mine is the white label cherry Vimto. In fact, I've convinced myself. Instead of the Diet Pepsi I was about to open, I'm going for the squash.

Thanks everyone for your supportive messages. Already I've woken up this morning feeling fabulous and ready. Breakfast, Melon, 0% total and a tsp honey, lunch is a BLT (microwaved WW Bacon), 2 x 400g loaf WM bread with a Side Salad. Tonight is grilled pork chop roast where I'll avoid the yorkshires, frylight the potatoes. EE day to the MAX. Could just be the first 100% days since 20th December!! If I shred again tonight I might even get a STS.

New Years Res: Stop sneaky peaking. I have NO idea what the scales say!

Good start Hels....looks like a plan for a 100% day!
How are you getting on with Shred?

im with you hels, i will do a full week of not stepping on my scales, oh my god i cant believe i just signed myself up for that. that is actually harder for me than doing the plan!!! but i will do it hun, im gonna get hubby to put them in the shed outside, he has the key and takes it to work with him so i cant be taking a sneak peek. also on the pregnancy thing i said to hubby to get me a test last week an he said if i am pregnant then i must have been cheating cos hes had the snip :/ made me feel like rubbish, so i havent done one, but after trying for 3 years i seem to get pregnant really easy now and im paranoid that the results came back wrong or that he had a stray one left in there and ive managed to catch it haha. silly i know but it does happen!!

i am so cold today!!!! making me want to eat bread.

oh also i think i may know why my loss didnt reflect doing mostly success express...i ate a FULL slow cooker of super free, super speed soup, lentils, mixed beans, carrot, swede, onion, passatta and chicken...i cant get off the toilet today...and surprise surprise im not bloated today!! oops haha x

Cleogin said:
Good start Hels....looks like a plan for a 100% day!
How are you getting on with Shred?

Thanks, Cleogin. Got shred for xmas, left if for new year, did day one last week and couldn't even put my coat on the next day, I was a wreck. Had to brush my teeth by moving my head rather than the toothbrush! Picked it up again last night and loved it. It still killed me but I HAVE too do it. OH watches to make sure I don't cheat and encourages me through it. I'm aching today but that's a good thing, right? Day 2 tonight.
Are you doing it too? Have you ever done it before?

Brilliant, Lou. Slow losers scales amnesty. Anyone else? Just a week to start...

There is no way I could give up my scales !

Congratulations Hels on the engagement that is lovely news

Meadow I think I read somewhere you are a fellow Scouser ??? I got to a meeting in Liverpool on a Tuesday as I tried one on a Wednesday and just didnt like the vibe.

im with you hels, i will do a full week of not stepping on my scales, oh my god i cant believe i just signed myself up for that. that is actually harder for me than doing the plan!!! but i will do it hun, im gonna get hubby to put them in the shed outside, he has the key and takes it to work with him so i cant be taking a sneak peek. also on the pregnancy thing i said to hubby to get me a test last week an he said if i am pregnant then i must have been cheating cos hes had the snip :/ made me feel like rubbish, so i havent done one, but after trying for 3 years i seem to get pregnant really easy now and im paranoid that the results came back wrong or that he had a stray one left in there and ive managed to catch it haha. silly i know but it does happen!!

i am so cold today!!!! making me want to eat bread.

oh also i think i may know why my loss didnt reflect doing mostly success express...i ate a FULL slow cooker of super free, super speed soup, lentils, mixed beans, carrot, swede, onion, passatta and chicken...i cant get off the toilet today...and surprise surprise im not bloated today!! oops haha x
That's a bit off! My friend's hubby had to have it done twice (he's rather proud of the fact :D) and it took a full 12 months for Neil to get the all clear and I always worry that they just got sick of him. We had letter after letter saying sperm present until eventually he had to give a "live" sample (which meant getting it there within about 40 mins) and after that we suddenly had a letter saying no live sperm, consider op complete. I always distrusted it ....
However, test was negative (thank heaven) but I feel I'm young to be peri-menopausal :confused: (although my same-age work colleague is)

There is no way I could give up my scales !

Congratulations Hels on the engagement that is lovely news

Meadow I think I read somewhere you are a fellow Scouser ??? I got to a meeting in Liverpool on a Tuesday as I tried one on a Wednesday and just didnt like the vibe.
I don't live in Liverpool, I live near Wigan. I think you've seen me saying I support the reds and go to Anfield :)

I don't live in Liverpool, I live near Wigan. I think you've seen me saying I support the reds and go to Anfield :)

In that case ignore my PM as I was telling you which group in Liverpool I go to !!

Right answer re who you support ;)

. . . but I feel I'm young to be peri-menopausal :confused: (although my same-age work colleague is)
Menopause can strike at any age.
One work colleague was only 34 and another over 60!

Back