The really slow loss team!

No this isn't fast forward - fast forward is very strict and is based on a points system that you and your consultant agree. There's a bit of weighing but there's nothing to "fill up on" lol We aren't allowed to discuss FF because it's so strict it can only be given by a consultant and they don't like giving it out!!! I've done FF and SE. Id try one week of being 100% first - write out a diary plan your meals and make sure your having your 1/3 superfree and measuring your HEs - as we get used to the plan we do tend to guess these things.
If this doesn't work then go for a week of Success Express as a kick start. It's basically EE but you have 2/3 superfree instead and all your snacks have to be superfree (so mullerlights cannot be a snack as they are free not superfree) EE and SE you don't need to weigh or measure. Trust in the plan it does work sometimes it needs tweaking to suit us. As I got closer to target I had to drop my syns to around 8 as by having 15 I wasn't losing anymore and if I have too many bananas I gain lol if your doing a diary for your consultant you can work together to work out what's going on
Hope this helps x

I've struggled since day one. I did SW before and lost on average 3lb a week but this time round i'm lucky to lose 0.5lb. I showed my food diaries to my C and she couldn't see where I was going wrong. I did a week of SE and I STS. I did a week of SAS logs and still nothing. It was boggling my C so much that she had to go to the RO. The RO said that the weeks I'd had my HxB I had either STS or gained, so I should try cutting out my HxB.

I did that and I did have a shift in weight, but not a massive amount.

I did a week of 777 (thread on here) and actually lost 2lb that week! So now, i've reduced my syns down to 7 a day every day.

I didn't know whether my body had got used to the SW plan and just needed a kick up the back side by portion control.

Since the first week i've..

(First week) -5lb
-1lb
-1.5lb
-1lb
+0.5lb
STS
+1lb
STS
-1lb
(777 started) -2lb
-2.5lb
-0.5lb
-2lb
+6
+2

So it've very up and down :( just had enough and want the numbers to go down!

No, she's so unmotivational, I didn't bother, I just walked out before I disgraced myself because I knew I was going to cry :cry:

Dearest Meadow,

I am with you whole heartedly. After a week of 100% on plan and less than 10 syns per day, I gained da....da... 2 lbs!!!!!

I was not going to go to group but I did and now I wish I had not because it has made me feel so disheartened and yet again I have lost only 5.5 lbs since August.

It is ridiculous. I sit there while people who have been boozing and having take aways have losses and there am I and I have a gain.

I did not cry but I wanted to. I am sure the SWC could have done without my mini rant, because they are so damn positive about it being so wonderful etc. It is, but I'm not having much success.

Arrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggghhhh! I could effin scream the place down.

so last week I supposedly lost 2 lbs after four days on plan and this week I gain 2 lbs. Not happy, not happy atall.

PS. You look absolutely lovely in your picture. :)

Dearest Meadow,

I am with you whole heartedly. After a week of 100% on plan and less than 10 syns per day, I gained da....da... 2 lbs!!!!!

I was not going to go to group but I did and now I wish I had not because it has made me feel so disheartened and yet again I have lost only 5.5 lbs since August.

It is ridiculous. I sit there while people who have been boozing and having take aways have losses and there am I and I have a gain.

I did not cry but I wanted to. I am sure the SWC could have done without my mini rant, because they are so damn positive about it being so wonderful etc. It is, but I'm not having much success.

Arrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggghhhh! I could effin scream the place down.

so last week I supposedly lost 2 lbs after four days on plan and this week I gain 2 lbs. Not happy, not happy atall.

PS. You look absolutely lovely in your picture. :)

Whilst I feel your pain, I'm so glad I'm not alone. Right now, I feel like a complete failure and wonder what on earth I'm doing wrong and how I'm ever going to fix it :( I don't want to contemplate remaining this size, I so want to be, if not "slim", then at least a size 14
PS thank you so much for the compliment x

Well I had my first operation today and I am in so much pain.

My days food has gone like this nil by mouth from midnight till after the operation and recovery then .

3 shortbread biscuits in hospital

At my mums now and she is a wonderful feeder so

4 slices ww wholemeal bread with flora light
4 hovis biscuits
Grapes
Cherry toms
1/4 big bag kettle crisps
Some cheese

Big sigh but I just need comforting and I am in such much pain

les and flabulous- big big hug to you both. that is so pants, i dont know what to say. have you lost when you really havent been on plan the last couple of weigh ins? cos i know the official sw stance on it is that weight doesnt catch up with you but it bloody well does, i dont care what anyone says. i had a week last year and i lost 2, i wasnt really on plan i had drank and eaten ****, i then pulled my socks up and did 100% the next week and i gained. was so pissed off and felt like sayiong well when i eat crap i lose so may aswell eat crap but deep down i knew it was the undeserved loss biting me on the bum. remember its post christmas and new year, were all trying to get back into the swing of it and the damn cold weather doesnt help when all you want to do is stay at home and eat cheese on toast. theres a couple who go to my group, the guy is at target and the woman has lost a good 3 and a half stone, they are both so lovely and they know the plan inside out but last week he gained 3 pound and she gained 2! i dont think they knew why, and there were a few others saying they hadnt lost as much as usual or had gained when they didnt deserve it. maybe theres a conspiracy to make the scales say they weigh more than they actually do haha. in all seriousness though please please dont give up, you know the drill, food diary, shake it up a bit, try a different plan, up super speed, make sure your syns are a reasonable amount, not too many and not too few and increase exercise. if all else fails, laxatives and water tablets before weigh in next week :)

Sorry I was selfish and didn't read anyone else's upsets.

That is me to a tee really good and a gain for no reason with the person sitting next to me boasting about their chippy dinners and losing weight. It annoys and really upsets me

Whilst I feel your pain, I'm so glad I'm not alone. Right now, I feel like a complete failure and wonder what on earth I'm doing wrong and how I'm ever going to fix it :( I don't want to contemplate remaining this size, I so want to be, if not "slim", then at least a size 14
PS thank you so much for the compliment x

You are definitely not alone Meadow. I feel like a failure too - and I was embarrassed and felt humiliated even though the consultant was very nice. I was the last to be read out and was about the only one with such a large gain.

Thank goodness for this thread or I would go insane - or to KFC! (haven't had one of those in 20 years - darn it!).

Thanks Lou and Latte :)
Latte, I'm not sure what you've had done, but it sounds painful, take care x (and you're not selfish, I'm a whingeing mare)
Lou, I'm not giving up on me, but I think I'll give up on that class :( . Consultant is sh1t with a a capital S. I spent bank holiday Monday out delivering leaflets for her and she hasn't even acknowledged THAT, let alone my weight gain for the last two weeks. I've heard good reports about another group on Wednesdays, may give it a visit next week.
This weeks plan is EE and 10 syns a day.

Lou I think you are right about the weight gain catch up. they said I had lost last week but I found it hard to believe. In fact I am losing faith in most of it. I look at the pictures of what you are supposed to be able to eat and I think.....hmmm....I don't seem to fit this picture.

Latte, big hugs and hope you feel better soon. Don't worry about food right now, you have enough on your plate!!!! :)

awwwwwwww i am so sad to read these posts with so much hard work not being shown in your loss. it is natural to feel despondent just try and not let it drag you down and off plan.

latte hope your okay, you will be back again soon i promise.

big hugs to you all xxx

An expected 0.6lbs on for me this morning............

I am saying no more - it has all already been said by others :-(

right ladies..and gents (if there are any). we all need some motivation to keep doing this. we know it works, but we know that there are times when the scales dont reflect our efforts, but there are also times when the scales are kind and give us a loss when it really should have been a gain. those damn fickle scales! over all we have all lost weight on the plan, yes, slowly, but thats why we are all in the tortoise team!! we can reach target, it doesnt matter if it takes us 2 years! as long as we get there in the end. whats the alternitive? give up, try a lot of faddy diets and end up bigger than where we started off (cos we all know thats what inevitably happens when its a diet and not a lifestyle change and no one can sustain shake diets for the rest of their live, or completely no carbs or treats...its just not do-able) i think this week almost all of us have been a bit disappointed by the scales' result, i have ended up sabotaging myself twice this week, on tuesday and last night..i had a takeaway late on. i woke up this morning and broke my scales amnesty to discover i have sts as i was on tuesday...possibly even gained...but I have done this by not sticking to plan, had i carried on i possibly would have seen a shift downwards on the scales but nooooooo i had to get in a mood decide it doesnt work when im good so 'may aswell be bad'. yes louise, thats the best plan isnt it? derrrr. so now im going to have to be strict with myself until tuesday in the hope of a small loss or a sts. success express again for me. i refuse to throw in the towel as i KNOW this plan works, its just sometimes when we need a motivational boost from the scales they dont want to give us it...that doesnt mean out hard work wont pay off and sometimes weeks of hard work puts you in good stead for when you do fall of the wagon temporarily and you get those nice moments of a loss or sts when you really deserved a gain..i think eating well is like a bank....it all gets saved up and you can afford the occasional slip up, but keep slipping up and then its all run out and you start getting the big gains, so you have to start saving it up again...sounds crazy i know but that is the way my body seems to work anyway. please please dont give up ladies, dont shy away from group and dont sabotage yourselves like i have done, cos youll just feel mad with yourselves like i do right now. get angry at the damn unjustified gains, sts and measley little losses that dont reflect effort and decide to kick some butt. we can do this and next week we are all on that naughty step...even if its too late for me now you can all save yourselves haha and ill just whip you from the good step while your all partying on the naughty step :D

Annya said:
An expected 0.6lbs on for me this morning............

I am saying no more - it has all already been said by others :-(

And me, Annya. 1lb on. Closely followed by a lady weighing in straight after me losing 11lbs!!!!! I deserve an oscar for the performance I gave. Wanted to wallop her with my book!

So, just over 6 months, 1 stone lost and three weeks of consecutive gains. Why am I even still trying to do this? It's making me unstable!

annya- are you still on your high dose of steroids hunni?

I'm afraid so........ on mahoosive doses until March or Arpil now. You can tell as well - I am grumpy, short tempered, bloated, fat faced and growing a beard :sigh:

Still, it's better than the alternative - and I was saying my dear husband I am still 9lbs lighter than I was this time last year and I am focussing on that :)

Back