The really slow loss team!

After everyone's bad news I am uncomfortable reporting a 3lb loss :-(
I'm only doing it as I will need your support next week as I NEVER lose this kind of number, and am assuming that I will be battling to STS next week.
I'm gonna slink off to the naughty step, but am sending lots of good wishes to all for this week x
Nonsense! That's why we're all here, to lose weight, and it's FAB that you've lost 3. Well done you x :)

Forgot to mention, I've been contacted through facebook by a woman I barely know (although I have spoken to her once or twice and she seems very nice). She was at my SW for the second time last Thurs and, in her own words, "that woman is about as motivational as a squashed frog".. :D
Anyhoooo, she saw me scoot out in a hurry and she's asked if I want to join her and her friend at another group next Wednesday, so I'm going with them :)

Forgot to mention, I've been contacted through facebook by a woman I barely know (although I have spoken to her once or twice and she seems very nice). She was at my SW for the second time last Thurs and, in her own words, "that woman is about as motivational as a squashed frog".. :D
Anyhoooo, she saw me scoot out in a hurry and she's asked if I want to join her and her friend at another group next Wednesday, so I'm going with them :)
Lesley - that sounds absolutely fantastic. It's really nice when other people respond so positively!

After everyone's bad news I am uncomfortable reporting a 3lb loss :-(
I'm only doing it as I will need your support next week as I NEVER lose this kind of number, and am assuming that I will be battling to STS next week.
I'm gonna slink off to the naughty step, but am sending lots of good wishes to all for this week x
Don't you DARE slink!!! Run there, jump up and down and be proud.
cleogin dont you dare skulk about!!! well bloody done girl!!! stand on that naughty step and do a dance. iAM gonna be on it tuesday. even if i gain im gonna gate crash hahahaha.
Tortoise losers unite! I'm gate crashing the norty step too! I've been cool, calm and collected all week and not had a single solitary panic. And so far this week . . . I've gained ½ lb. FFS . . . I haven't been perfect but I haven't eaten that much!

Oh well as my school report always used to say . . . could try harder!

Have a lovely weekend my tortoise friends.

Last edited:
Cleogin, wallow in it sweetie, well done. It gives us all a little hope that next week, it could be us.

I see your 3lbs and I raise you.... (tell you thursday!)

meadowbankles said:

That is excellent news, some new slimming buddies and a new class :)
X

meadowbankles said:

Awww that's lovely - and reassuring its not just you feeling that way. Well done on the loss x

jennyc_uk said:
Awww that's lovely - and reassuring its not just you feeling that way. Well done on the loss x

Sorry that was aimed at cloegin

The group I go to and the leader are all so lovely and friendly.

I am going out for a meal tonight. With my sweetheart. I feel like I just need to get out and stop obsessing about weight and food and enjoy a night out without guilt and worry and anxiety.

I will get back on plan tomorrow.

I feel like my weight has taken over my conciousness and that nothing else matters, so I am giving myself a break.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Maybe I will be one of those people at group who lost 3 lbs despite eating kebabs, pizza and consuming vast amounts of alcohol though I doubt it somehow!!!

will be sensible (ish).:)

Enjoy your night out Flabulous. As you say, we all deserve a break!
Hopefully the fat fairy will visit us and remove some pounds!

Well the chocolate has come out. I am just feeling so sorry for myself. I have completely lost track of what I have eaten and what I am meant to be eating.

I have had 3 chocolate biscuits 1/2 a galaxy bar and 1/2 a quality street big purple bar which I am assuming will amount to 20 to 25 syns and I have no idea how many I had yesterday. I need to get a grip.

Sorry you feel so low Latte. If you are eating choc now, just stop, finish the piece you are on, enjoy it- put the rest away and go brush your teeth. You will feel better if you stop, I promise :) tomorrow is another day x

oh latte :( i dont know what to say hunni, you have just had an op havent you? oculd you not just give yourself a bit of a relax on the diet til your feeling better..i dont mean stuff your face, btu just try to do your best without the guilt, keep telling yourself this isnt forever and once you are back on your feet you will be able to do better on plan, but after an op its hard, its boring and when you fel down, its comforting to eat chocolate and carbs. i hope you feel better soon xxx

. . . I've been cool, calm and collected all week and not had a single solitary panic. And so far this week . . . I've gained ½ lb. FFS . . . I haven't been perfect but I haven't eaten that much! . . .
Well I've just re-read this and after a very strange evening I realise that I was actually talking a load of bulls doodah! The only true bit is that I've gained ½ lb.

Hubby and I had a chat earlier today and from his perspective he says I've been a real pain all week. He reckons I've been obsessing with the scales, obsessing with food and snacking left right and centre.

Once he said it I realised he was right! I've had a light bulb moment - in reverse.

I've been all over the place since xmas and have decided tonight to actually called a halt for a few weeks.

I have been at this losing weight lark for over 5 years - albeit not for ALL of them, just 2 and a bit! Never in all that time have I been obsessive about food or snacked on rubbish. Well this week I have been doing both and it has been driving me and t'other half crazy.

So I am having a pause for a few weeks and see if I can get this obsession out of my head. I'm going to stick to SW principles and maintain for a couple of weeks (well I did it for 3 years!) and then refocus and carry on.

It's all just getting a bit much and being obsessive about food and my weight, which I now realise I have been this week, is just not healthy.

I will not be deserting you though chicas - I'll still be here to crack the whip at you and dole out lines when needed - so don't think you can slack! :eek::eek::eek:

Night girlies

Hope you slept well Latte x
Pom, sounds sensible, we can get rather obsessed eh? Just don't vanish on us!

Weigh in for me today 2 lbs off :)

Very pleased, I worked hard for it and due to ups and downs that is 2 lbs off since August!!!
Slow? Me? Never :)

Woodland girl said:
Hope you slept well Latte x
Pom, sounds sensible, we can get rather obsessed eh? Just don't vanish on us!

Weigh in for me today 2 lbs off :)

Very pleased, I worked hard for it and due to ups and downs that is 2 lbs off since August!!!
Slow? Me? Never :)

Well done WG :)

Are you coming to the naughty step with me??
xx

Latte said:
Well the chocolate has come out. I am just feeling so sorry for myself. I have completely lost track of what I have eaten and what I am meant to be eating.

I have had 3 chocolate biscuits 1/2 a galaxy bar and 1/2 a quality street big purple bar which I am assuming will amount to 20 to 25 syns and I have no idea how many I had yesterday. I need to get a grip.

Morning Latte

Hope you are feeling better,
We all do it & none of us know why..... See if you now have it out of your system :)
If you haven't......... Carry on, there is no point obsessing if it's what your body wants. You know how the plan works, cut yourself a bit of slack until you are ready to get back on it 100%
xx

Back