The really slow loss team!

Thanks for asking :)

morning people. im meant to be going to my friends tonight shes just moved house, she wants me to have a glass of champers or 2 with her but i dont want to drink, it isnt bothering me not drinking but no one seems to want to respect my decision. im doing it for me, i get hurrendous hangovers for 3 days, i dont know when ive had enough, im nothing short of vile when ive had too much, and i eat and eat and eat for the 3 days i feel hungover. the cons out weigh the pros atm. i would be happy to go to a friends and just have water or a cuppa but i just get moaned at for not drinking, its ridiculous..people wouldnt push drugs on someone why is alcohol different? im not being boring for not wanting to drink, i am looking after myself and doing the best thing for my family, i am not saying i will never have a drink again, but IF i do decide to have a drink again it will be MY choice, no one elses. gets me so bloody mad. so now im going to have to cancel tonight and just stay in cos i cant be doing with being moaned at for not drinking, since when did we all have to be completly sh1t faced in order to have a good time or to be remotely interesting?

rant over.

Sorry to hear of your loss Grannie Anne.

Lou,

Once my consultant had a look at my food diary and she said she could see nothing wrong with it but had noticed I did use my syns. This I don't really understand. Either you can use them or you can't??

I told her I was not prepared to make any more changes (ie. deprivation) to my way of eating. I have given up nearly everything most people take for granted that they can eat!!

Hi All.

I did not go to group this week. After my disastrous 2 lb gain and feeling like I was going to burst into tears, I decided to stay home. I felt even fatter and could not face hearing I had gained despite being on plan all week.

I am keeping a diary now to give to her when I return. I'm on a bit of a downer about whether SW is ever going to work for me or do I have to go back to being hungry and limit my calories which I dread the thought of. I need to be able to eat a fair amount or I will not be able to cope with my job.

Anyway, I am pleased for the ladies who lost over the last week, but I do feel so left out.

I'm fed up of being clapped one week, and then the next week being told I have had a gain - the exact amount I was being clapped for. It feels horrible.:(

I feel like my body is betraying me. Anyone else feel like this? As if it says, oh no you have lost a pound, so now I have to make another pound of fat and by the way, here's another one for luck!;):D

Hoping this down feeling will pass soon.:cry:
Flabulous, you are so not alone. I can feel your pain with every word and you sound like I was feeling last week. Yes, I've lost this week, but who knows if it'll last :(. My projected progress line on the SW website has sodded off, too, and seeing it go up and down like a flipping heartbeat really hacks me off. And then we have to sit in class and listen to people losing 3 or 4 pounds and wondering what the hell they're doing differently. The weight is dropping off my sister in this way and when I've discussed her menus with her, it's clear she's not even following the plan properly, I.e. she invents HexA and HexB to fit in with what she wants to eat. She's also not counting syns properly.
I don't know what to suggest. Like you, I could live with half to one pound a week, at least we'd know we WILL get there eventually.

morning people. im meant to be going to my friends tonight shes just moved house, she wants me to have a glass of champers or 2 with her but i dont want to drink, it isnt bothering me not drinking but no one seems to want to respect my decision. im doing it for me, i get hurrendous hangovers for 3 days, i dont know when ive had enough, im nothing short of vile when ive had too much, and i eat and eat and eat for the 3 days i feel hungover. the cons out weigh the pros atm. i would be happy to go to a friends and just have water or a cuppa but i just get moaned at for not drinking, its ridiculous..people wouldnt push drugs on someone why is alcohol different? im not being boring for not wanting to drink, i am looking after myself and doing the best thing for my family, i am not saying i will never have a drink again, but IF i do decide to have a drink again it will be MY choice, no one elses. gets me so bloody mad. so now im going to have to cancel tonight and just stay in cos i cant be doing with being moaned at for not drinking, since when did we all have to be completly sh1t faced in order to have a good time or to be remotely interesting?

rant over.
Well said. It took me a long time to get my husband to understand that if he wants to drink like a fish and damage his health, that's his decision and that deciding to limit my own intake didn't make me a boring cow.
Funny, though, he thinks it's great if I don't drink when somebody needs to drive ........

how many of us was it that had pcos symptoms? quite a lot wasnt it? i do think that hormones could be playing a big part in this groups lack of weight loss...i wonder if we all have some sort of hormonal imbalance and this is why were not losing at the rate anyone else is? or perhaps our bodies are getting used to the plan and weight loss has ground to a halt cos of that? like when you exercise and you do the same thing over and over your body gets used to it so the effects wear off a bit. hmm...there must be a reason why we all follow the plan and still have trouble having regular losses. on the pcos thing i have been taking that agnus castus stuff and after a week i finally came on my period hurrah!! id recommend anyone with an irregular cycle or hormonal problems to try them, they are brilliant

Hi all.

Thanks for all the support.

I cannot even stop drinking alcohol - stopped about 10 years ago and I agree with you Lou, some people go on and on encouraging you to drink.

I went out with some people at Christmas. They kept on and on at me to have some wine and I had to keep refusing. If anyone has ever seen the episode of Father Ted where they keep on at a tv presenter to drink, it is the funniest thing. He goes absolutely ape and smashes the place up.

For all these people know I could be a sober alcoholic!!

Cleo, bless your heart. I wont post a diary online as I am so busy and only for that reason.

Meadow, I weigh everything. All my {a} and {b}. I use a baby bottle for liquids and have a scales that measures in grams. I know I am not cheating on that level.

Also I do mainly green as I don't really want to eat meat, however I did do a red day yesterday. Salmon and salad and Chicken and veg for tea.

Try to not eat a thing after 7 pm. Also have cut out tea during the day and gone on to herb tea, just incase I was having too much milk - it's hard if you forget to take your allowance out with you to guage what people are putting in a cup.

All I can do now is reduce portions. I may do this in conjunction with Paul McKenna - you know only eat till you are full. I tend to fill up as I don't want to be hungry later and then fall victim to grabbing anything.

Only fruit between meals.

So it is day 21 of no chocolate. It is supposed to be 21 days to break a habit and I have to say it is getting easier not having the temptation.

I do still have Oatly choc milk drink - 200 mls for an {a} - anyone else tried it - it's gorge.

My other problem is that I suffer with chronic acid indegestion. I take tablets but even so I still have to be fairly careful so I cannot overdo tomato, pepper based type stuff which features so heavily in SW. Plus I loathe fromage frais!!

One doctor told me I should not eat so many vegetables, no yoghurt and eat lots of bread!! Bread, especially white causes it for me.

Anyway sorry to go on.

Love you all and thanks so much. Have a great weekend. :)

PS. Have stopped eating hi-fi bars as they have some chemicals in them that I am obviously allergic too. Absolutely blow up like a balloon and get stomach cramps. So they are out too!!!

Hels - just wondered if you have these? Only I had to take a day of work this week after having one the night before, up and down to the toilet all night and next day. It's happened before and now I believe it is no coincidence. Just a thought. :)

Last edited:
fabulous...i have ibs, which i know is different to what you have with your tummy but i was told that some digestive disorders can prevent you losing weight, its common for people with ibs to not be able to lose weight, i dont know why? but ive been told it several times, maybe to do with the gut not working as it should and working slowly? my husband is always going to the loo and has a fast metabolism, yet if i dont eat loads and loads of fruit and veg i can easily go 10 days without going...hes as skinny as a rake and loses weight easily cos his body is using up and ejecting his intake quicker, im greedy and milk my food for all its worth haha. thats my other excuse for being a slow loser anyway haha. do you exercise? this makes the biggest difference in my losses

Thanks for the lovely posts, it`s good to be back among friends.

At the moment I`d say I`m 90% on plan although I haven`t got back into my walking routine. Fed up with dark evenings.

Still got a bottle of gin left over from Christmas. My head tells me to chuck it down the sink. My heart tells me there may be a time when I need it!! lol

fabulous...i have ibs, which i know is different to what you have with your tummy but i was told that some digestive disorders can prevent you losing weight, its common for people with ibs to not be able to lose weight, i dont know why? but ive been told it several times, maybe to do with the gut not working as it should and working slowly? my husband is always going to the loo and has a fast metabolism, yet if i dont eat loads and loads of fruit and veg i can easily go 10 days without going...hes as skinny as a rake and loses weight easily cos his body is using up and ejecting his intake quicker, im greedy and milk my food for all its worth haha. thats my other excuse for being a slow loser anyway haha. do you exercise? this makes the biggest difference in my losses

I think you mentioned once that you clean? Well I do too, around 30 hours a week, big houses too, lots of up and down stairs and bending and lifting etc. I walk when I can but not between jobs as would never get there!

I do have a walking dvd (it's American - Walk away the Pounds) and will dust that off and try and do it at least 3 times a week.

Quite frankly I physically could not go to a gym, too exhausted. Not only that, I seem to have pretty weak joints and previous attempts have resulted in bakers cyst, back problems etc and as my job depends on me being fit, I am a bit reluctant to take on anything too energetic. So many excuses eh???

Hopefully when the days get longer, we will feel better and want to get out and about a bit more.

Hi all.

Thanks for all the support.

I cannot even stop drinking alcohol - stopped about 10 years ago and I agree with you Lou, some people go on and on encouraging you to drink.

I went out with some people at Christmas. They kept on and on at me to have some wine and I had to keep refusing. If anyone has ever seen the episode of Father Ted where they keep on at a tv presenter to drink, it is the funniest thing. He goes absolutely ape and smashes the place up.

For all these people know I could be a sober alcoholic!!

Cleo, bless your heart. I wont post a diary online as I am so busy and only for that reason.

Meadow, I weigh everything. All my {a} and {b}. I use a baby bottle for liquids and have a scales that measures in grams. I know I am not cheating on that level.

Also I do mainly green as I don't really want to eat meat, however I did do a red day yesterday. Salmon and salad and Chicken and veg for tea.

Try to not eat a thing after 7 pm. Also have cut out tea during the day and gone on to herb tea, just incase I was having too much milk - it's hard if you forget to take your allowance out with you to guage what people are putting in a cup.

All I can do now is reduce portions. I may do this in conjunction with Paul McKenna - you know only eat till you are full. I tend to fill up as I don't want to be hungry later and then fall victim to grabbing anything.

Only fruit between meals.

So it is day 21 of no chocolate. It is supposed to be 21 days to break a habit and I have to say it is getting easier not having the temptation.

I do still have Oatly choc milk drink - 200 mls for an {a} - anyone else tried it - it's gorge.

My other problem is that I suffer with chronic acid indegestion. I take tablets but even so I still have to be fairly careful so I cannot overdo tomato, pepper based type stuff which features so heavily in SW. Plus I loathe fromage frais!!

One doctor told me I should not eat so many vegetables, no yoghurt and eat lots of bread!! Bread, especially white causes it for me.

Anyway sorry to go on.

Love you all and thanks so much. Have a great weekend. :)

PS. Have stopped eating hi-fi bars as they have some chemicals in them that I am obviously allergic too. Absolutely blow up like a balloon and get stomach cramps. So they are out too!!!

Hels - just wondered if you have these? Only I had to take a day of work this week after having one the night before, up and down to the toilet all night and next day. It's happened before and now I believe it is no coincidence. Just a thought. :)
Hi Hun, you didn't think I was suggesting you didn't follow it properly did you??? Because I was just ranting about my sis not following it yet getting great results x

I think you mentioned once that you clean? Well I do too, around 30 hours a week, big houses too, lots of up and down stairs and bending and lifting etc. I walk when I can but not between jobs as would never get there!

I do have a walking dvd (it's American - Walk away the Pounds) and will dust that off and try and do it at least 3 times a week.

Quite frankly I physically could not go to a gym, too exhausted. Not only that, I seem to have pretty weak joints and previous attempts have resulted in bakers cyst, back problems etc and as my job depends on me being fit, I am a bit reluctant to take on anything too energetic. So many excuses eh???

Hopefully when the days get longer, we will feel better and want to get out and about a bit more.

yeah 30 hours cleaning is more than enough exercise, its hard bloody work isnt it?
i just noticed your stats hun and i saw you dont have much to lose...it doesnt say how tall you are so not sure what your bmi is, but i have heard people saying that once you get into your healthy bmi range its really difficult to lose weight, i have never gotten below 10 stone 7 in years, i stick there and its like my body will not allow me to get any lower unless i starve myself i am 5 foot 5 and a half (the half counts haha) and i think the higher end of my healthy bmi is 10 stone 10. i am determined to crack that wall of 10.7 when i eventually get there again i am going to have to really reduce what i eat, i think it will be red days with an occasional green day to keep me regular and lots of exercise.

Flabulous said:

I bought my first hifi bars at group on thursday and my pains etc. were on Tuesday but have just started having fibre plus bars so that's worth thinking about definitely. I think it was just a bug and ibs though. I'm normally the other end, constipation, bloated rather than regular visits. Like Lou I can go up to 2 weeks between visits normally so to go 100 times in a day is a wrong un!

Hi Hun, you didn't think I was suggesting you didn't follow it properly did you??? Because I was just ranting about my sis not following it yet getting great results x

No I didn't think that Meadow. Just waffling really. I know what you mean though, there do seem to be members who aren't really following the plan atall, yet they are the ones who lose the weight!!

I bought my first hifi bars at group on thursday and my pains etc. were on Tuesday but have just started having fibre plus bars so that's worth thinking about definitely. I think it was just a bug and ibs though. I'm normally the other end, constipation, bloated rather than regular visits. Like Lou I can go up to 2 weeks between visits normally so to go 100 times in a day is a wrong un!

Maybe our sensitive bits cannot cope with too much fibre especially with all the chemicals in these bars. Heaven knows what they are doing to us all. They are tempting though when real chocolate and biscuits are a no-no.

PS. I too suffer with the other end of the spectrum. Either one or the other.

Lou, I don't have a lot to lose but it is important to me to try and get to 9 stone 7 as I look and feel so much better. That is probably still too much for my 5 feet only height, but let's face it, with this struggle to get to even 9/7 anything below that is a fantasy I think.

The doctor weighed me in at 10/3 - she is testing me for a thyroid problem. part of me is hoping that could be the reason, if not, well I just don't know what more I can do. One thing is for sure, us ladies on here do not have fast metabolisms.

The SW scales always weigh me in 2 lbs heavier, which is a real drag as you gain anyway in the daytime.

Oh dear :eek: :eek: :eek: :sick0019: :sick0019: :sick0019: poor you :(

Maybe our sensitive bits cannot cope with too much fibre especially with all the chemicals in these bars. Heaven knows what they are doing to us all. They are tempting though when real chocolate and biscuits are a no-no.

PS. I too suffer with the other end of the spectrum. Either one or the other.

Lou, I don't have a lot to lose but it is important to me to try and get to 9 stone 7 as I look and feel so much better. That is probably still too much for my 5 feet only height, but let's face it, with this struggle to get to even 9/7 anything below that is a fantasy I think.

The doctor weighed me in at 10/3 - she is testing me for a thyroid problem. part of me is hoping that could be the reason, if not, well I just don't know what more I can do. One thing is for sure, us ladies on here do not have fast metabolisms.

The SW scales always weigh me in 2 lbs heavier, which is a real drag as you gain anyway in the daytime.

oh i know what you mean, i have set my goal for 9 stone 7 but i think that i will probably end up giving in and stopping at 10.7. i dont know what your height and weight makes your bmi off the top of my head but is it in the healthy range? like i say ive heard a few people say they just got into the healthy range and then couldnt seem to lose anymore. i dont have any answers though it is a mystery to me, all we can do is keep plodding on regardless in the hope that we get to goal eventually eh? get all your hormone levels tested while they do your thyroid hun, you may just have an imbalance?

i have had a green day today, made omelette for tea. my friend cancelled our night anyway so that worked out well!! did you all know you can have nimble white bread (2 slices) as a hexb now?? i have bought a loaf and saved a hexb to try it later...i havent had guilt free white bread EVER its going to feel like a real treat!!!

Hi Lou

Yes I occasionally have the Nimble white and use it to make eggy bread, much nicer than with wholemeal.

Someone on here told me about cutting the top crusts off any 800g loaf of wholemeal and it then weighs in at 60g or so. Much cheaper than always buying Nimble, which somehow never seems like real bread to me.

Re: My bmi - I am sure that even at 9/7 I would be considered overweight but you know what, that's where my body would feel best. I did it once before a few years ago but due to pressure at SW to get it a bit lower, I gave up - it took ages then too, but not as bad as this time!

You are right, we can only keep plodding on. :)

PS.At SW they have a little directory of low syn foods (its a mini one at £1.95) and at the back it has a list of healthy a's and b's. That's where I found the white Nimble and that lovely drink Oatly.

More cereals etc. very good to vary your choices a bit more.

Edited to add about the top crusts being cut off an 800g loaf.

Last edited:
I've just had a curry. Tried to hold it together but what with beer at the football and the vodka I've got now, I think I'm over budget on syns tonight.
Ps the football was dire and I can't remember being as cold for a long long time ......

Back