The really slow loss team!

Morning peeps - sorry to me missing in action for the last 3 days - seriously nasty bug has had me either in the loo or in bed!

I haven't caught up so just doing a quick post and run as I am supposed to be stewardinga t horse show - 15 minutes ago. Will speak again later

Morning peeps - sorry to me missing in action for the last 3 days - seriously nasty bug has had me either in the loo or in bed!

I haven't caught up so just doing a quick post and run as I am supposed to be stewardinga t horse show - 15 minutes ago. Will speak again later[/QUOTE

My loved one had this bug last week - it is very nasty and he still feels rough. Best wishes to you. :)

ooh i will be buying that!!!

do you know what ive done, bought weight watchers white bread thinking it was nimble...2.5 syns per slice ooops. never mind, ive gone over my syns a little bit today but i dont mind too much, ive been good the rest of the week. im still quite hungry though :( fruit time i think

I doubt it will make much difference Lou. I am pretty sure SW do deals with Nimble, Muller etc. Crikey, the Co-op wanted 74p for Muller light yesterday!

PS. Great news about your sister and the new baby.

I doubt it will make much difference Lou. I am pretty sure SW do deals with Nimble, Muller etc. Crikey, the Co-op wanted 74p for Muller light yesterday!

PS. Great news about your sister and the new baby.

thanks hun :) i am counting it as a healthy b anyway just for this week cos im not throwing it away and i refuse to use my syns on it and then have another healthy extra on top. on my head be it!! haha.

well attack of the prying eye strikes again, had a sneaky peeky and i have miraculously GAINED 5 whole pounds over night! beat that everyone. i have been spotting and have hurrendous stomach cramps and cant keep my eyes open and keep eating choc so think a monstrous * week is about to grace me with its presence. so i dont hold out any hope this week i feel the size of a small continent

Afternoon peeps - back from said horse show. 5 hours stood up in the sunshine, shepherding highly strung dressage horses is not fun! And I now stink - had to walk across a 3ft high manure pile to get back to my car as some idiot blocked me in. Grrrrr

Anyway, Acc & Hels - well done chicas.

Welcome back Grannie Annie, so sorry to hear about your FIL but that's some going to only gain 2lb after a few weeks off.

Flabulous I'll post something later - it's a mad day today, as I now to have a quick shower and get off to the airport to collect some friends.

I did a 9k walk (well more like a jog with an energetic Doberman in tow :chores016:!) around the Usk reservior today, so if I don't lose anything this week there is no bloody justice in this world. Said Doberman and dear husband now both flat out on the sofa :snoopyhouse:

My promise to myself for this coming week is to do some exercise every day whether it be 30 day shred, YMCA, Zumba or just a half hour on the cross trainer or bike :whacky068:. I have been so busy of late that I have let it slip and I do feel better for it today.

Annya I am going to attempt for at least 3 times during the week to Walk Away The Pounds - an American dvd but it's very uplifting. Will report back if I have actually done it!! :)

Evening all - now de-smelled, friends collected from airport and we've had a lovely meal and evening with them. But I'm here now.

Now then all you tortoise losers, just you listen up here! Especially you Flabulous, as I hope what I am about to say will give you all some encouragement.

I used to suffer with endometriosis and IBS - then had a hysterectomy and gained 2 stone. The start of the fatter me. But at least the IBS was more tolerable. 14 years later, 3 stone more gained and now at least 5 stone overweight I decided I HAD to do something. My arthritis in my knees, hips and back were at the point of becoming unbearable and although I needed a new knee and hip my doctor told me that at 49 I was a bit young! And that if I lost a bit of weight it might help the arthritis.

So I tried to diet - WW, CC, the lot and bog all happened, zilch on the weight loss. The past endo and IBS seem to stop me losing.

Then I moved to Spain and decided that if my mum could lose 4 stone at age 70 using SW there was no reason I couldn't do it too. So I stole her books and just did it alone.

I lost 10 lbs in the first 2 weeks!!!! :eek: and then reality settled in. It took me another 48 weeks to lose another 18 lbs! FFS!
There were lots of ups and downs - including a BIG up (10 lbs during a 5 week visit back to the UK). So an average of just over ½ lb a week in that first year!

I tried for another YEAR to lose some more and i could just not shift it.
A lb on, a lb off, 2 on, 2 off . . . you all know the drill. So I gave up trying to lose weight BUT was determined not to gain so maintained that 2 stone loss for another 2 & a bit years.

And then my artritis started playing up again so I decided I really did need to lose another 2 stone. So last January after a 7 lb gain over Xmas and New Year :eek: I hit the SW trail once again.

Had good losses in the first 2 weeks again and then settled down to a nice 1 lb a week average. 20 weeks later I had lost 26 lbs and not a single gain. YAY. No big losses though either but a nice steady plod. And then reality hit once again.

At this point I had a BMI about the same as you have now Flabulous and the losses and gains syndrome started all over again. It took me another 30 weeks to lose the last 14 lbs. An average of less than ½ lb a week! Ok I had a few biggish losses - one of 4 lbs and how I did that I do not have a flippin' clue! But also a 5½ lb gain in 5 days. :eek:

So what am I trying to say?

Flabulous - your BMI is not enormous but you are getting ever closer to that magic number of 25 which so many people find hard to catch!

I have decided I will not even try to get there. Now at almost 57 my "ancient" skin will just not take it so I am stopping at a BMI of 26 - if I ever get there!!!!

It can be done - it is just bloody hard work. And there will be lots of knocks, ups and downs, and days when you ask yourself "Do I want to do this any more?"

The answer is YES - a great big resounding YES.
Just keep plodding on you lovely tortoises.
I know it's hard and I know it can be demotivating but please don't give up.

Do not let one crappy WI depress you too much. I've had weeks where I have honestly been 100% and not lost a single solitary little gram (I weigh in kgs). Then other weeks when I've been over on syns, cheated on the HexBs, had loads of crisps and I've still lost!

Our bodies are a law unto themselves. Sometimes it takes me a week for a bit of cheating to catch up. Some bodies don't like carbs - mine certainly doesn't and I have to seriously restrict processed carbs to lose at all now. You just have to work out what it is that is right for you.

But I will plod on and I will lose these last few pounds so I hope you will all keep me company and stick with me.

Now as for tomorrow's WI. I may or may not get on the naughty step! I lost a serious amount when I spent 2 days in close proximity to the bathroom but I suspect it may all be back tomorrow as I have been drinking BIG quantities of water to get rehydrated. We'll just have to see!

Sleep well my lovely tortoise friends.
WE WILL WIN THIS RACE! At our speed.

Last edited:
great advice pom..tried to rep you but it wont let me haha. i dont seem to be able to get away with the same level of naughtiness i did 2 stone ago, which is why i chose to cut out alcohol. losing weight is hard, which is why its a multi billion pound industry and why there are sooo many different diets out there, if there was one sure fire easy way to do it then it wouldnt be the huge industry that it is today...and this is what i tell myself when the going gets tough! lol

felicity, you have been very quiet!! you ok lovey?

well * week has well and truly kicked in, which explains the 5 pound gain i was sporting this morning. i am in so much pain and so so tired, i fell to sleep on the sofa earlier, which i NEVER do. i have missed the gym and all i want to do is eat and eat and eat, im craving sugar badly, im trying not to give in but its all i can think about. i dont want this week to be a move in the wrong direction though so having a real battle with myself today. i had 1 club bar earlier which is 5 syns and then i had some olive oil but didnt measure it so not sure how many syns, some gravy and 1 small yorkshire pud so i have definitely gone over syns today. ive had fruit, a free meal that i had left in the freezer but cant stop thinking about damn chocolate and crisps!! eurgh. it is not ok to eat them i know that but i guess i just want someone to tell me its in the interest of my health that i eat a mars bar and bag of crisps..no one? lol

Annya I am going to attempt for at least 3 times during the week to Walk Away The Pounds - an American dvd but it's very uplifting. Will report back if I have actually done it!! :)

Let's have a deal then - when we do something on the exercise front, we post it....... see if we can help each other out here :hug99:

Thanks Pom. I was just reminded of the story of the tortoise and the hare. Will hang in there. On my way to work so I will re-read your post later to really take it all in.

:):)

morning everyone! god im really having trouble with this period. it keeps starting then stopping again but im in agony. ive tried looking up to see why this could be happening but cant find anything, my herbal tablets never turned up from holland and barrett so i rang to see where they were and apparently my order never went through as they are having difficulties, she tried to get me to place the order again but couldnt guarantee that original order wouldnt go through aswell so i am now left with nothing, which is annoying, so i have emailed them to complain about poor service. ive never had this with my periods before, normally i come on and thats it, this is awful, i feel faint, look deathly pale, hungry all the time, i cant wake up in a morning and am going to bed 2 hours before i normally do, ive got no energy and am in a lot of pain. has anyone experienced this before?

Well - budge over you lot. I'm on the norty step, and I'm bringing more voddie & diet coke with me as I seem to have drunk last weeks supply when I wasn't even supposed to be there. :D

I had a massive loss during my 2 day bathroom conference and although I've put a lot of it back on it still leaves me with a net loss of 2½ lbs.

The challenge comes in keeping it off! Think I might try and have an angelic week . . . although I don't remember the last time I could ever have been classed as an angel! :eek:

Last edited:
morning everyone! god im really having trouble with this period. it keeps starting then stopping again but im in agony. ive tried looking up to see why this could be happening but cant find anything, my herbal tablets never turned up from holland and barrett so i rang to see where they were and apparently my order never went through as they are having difficulties, she tried to get me to place the order again but couldnt guarantee that original order wouldnt go through aswell so i am now left with nothing, which is annoying, so i have emailed them to complain about poor service. ive never had this with my periods before, normally i come on and thats it, this is awful, i feel faint, look deathly pale, hungry all the time, i cant wake up in a morning and am going to bed 2 hours before i normally do, ive got no energy and am in a lot of pain. has anyone experienced this before?

Hi Lou

I'm afraid I haven't had this but didn't want to ignore the post.
I would suggest that if you feel that weak and have no energy, that you fill yourself up with food if you are hungry, fluids to flush you through and get yourself a few hot water bottles to help with the cramps/pains. You sound a bit anaemic which can sometimes happen....maybe some iron rich foods???
Periods are horrible....my symptoms change on a month to month basis, so I never know what i'm going to have.
Hope you feel better soon x

Back