The really slow loss team!

Well, it's a 0.5lb gain. I'm not happy, but I suppose I must blame the drinks on Saturday and the curry after ... Though it WAS shashlik and salad again.
Is it possible to eat too much fruit? Am I going overboard with the melon and berries despite the fact that they're speed foods, do you think?
I've got ANOTHER big night out this weekend. You must all think I'm a party animal but honestly I'm not, I usually go weeks, even months, without an event :rolleyes:
We're going to watch Thin Lizzy at The Manchester Apollo, but we're making a day of it and going to Bem Brasil at 3.30 and of course there'll be alcohol involved as nobody is driving, it's a train job. So I think it'll have to be a red day with flexible syns for the booze. Any tips on how to minimise the damage?

Meadow sorry to hear about your gain. That is so disappointing. I am dreading going back to the club. I am now on day 10 of 100% and keeping a diary for the consultant, however I feel as fat as ever and certainly don't look like I have lost any weight and my scales at home do not show a loss either.

I honestly don't know how to advise you about your day out - maybe you should just have a day off - hey you may even lose weight.....seems to work for lots of people!!! Grrr If you just stick to protein, then you will probably do as well as you normally do.

I am like you, wondering if I am eating too much, especially fruit, even if SW states it is free. I am very confused right now.

I really did not want to feel this way but I do. I've said it before and now again, I have spent so much money on the right foods, going to club (£150) to date and still have this measly bl**dy loss and I am so fed up!!

I am going on Thursday. Our group has grown to ginormous proportions after Christmas. It's not feeling like Image Therapy for me, more like torture.

Ooh I feel like such a grump pot tonight. Why oh why is SW taking over my life in my head these days?

Just enjoy your day out and forget everything, as you say you don't go out much.

Another 1lb off for me!! 8lb in 4 weeks :)

Really chuffed that I have managed to lose 4 weeks in a row :)

Want my stone within next 2 or 3 weeks!! Halfway to my gold body magic award too :)

Well done all the losers this week!! If u didn't lose don't be too disheartened!! Just keep at it and write a food diary!! Oh and keep moving!!

xxx

Well done greedyguts.
This is supposed to be the "Less than 1 lb a week gang" and you've gone and lost 8 lbs in 4 weeks! :eek:

Want my stone within next 2 or 3 weeks!! Halfway to my gold body magic award too :)

Well done all the losers this week!! If u didn't lose don't be too disheartened!! Just keep at it and write a food diary!! Oh and keep moving!!

xxx

i think we should ignore this person from now girls *fold arms and swishes hair*

okay we wont, well done what is your success??

i stayed the same again, as I am not doing it properly I cant complain. The thing for me now is my chap....he thinks i have done enough but in my head i wanted to be around the 10 stone mark. I am 4-5 lb away from that point. I cant actually be arsed working to get those flammin last lb's mind you but cant decide if to put the work into it again.

Meadow sorry to hear about your gain. That is so disappointing. I am dreading going back to the club. I am now on day 10 of 100% and keeping a diary for the consultant, however I feel as fat as ever and certainly don't look like I have lost any weight and my scales at home do not show a loss either.

I honestly don't know how to advise you about your day out - maybe you should just have a day off - hey you may even lose weight.....seems to work for lots of people!!! Grrr If you just stick to protein, then you will probably do as well as you normally do.

I am like you, wondering if I am eating too much, especially fruit, even if SW states it is free. I am very confused right now.

I really did not want to feel this way but I do. I've said it before and now again, I have spent so much money on the right foods, going to club (£150) to date and still have this measly bl**dy loss and I am so fed up!!

I am going on Thursday. Our group has grown to ginormous proportions after Christmas. It's not feeling like Image Therapy for me, more like torture.

Ooh I feel like such a grump pot tonight. Why oh why is SW taking over my life in my head these days?

Just enjoy your day out and forget everything, as you say you don't go out much.

poor love i want to hug you :cry:

i stayed the same again, as I am not doing it properly I cant complain. The thing for me now is my chap....he thinks i have done enough but in my head i wanted to be around the 10 stone mark. I am 4-5 lb away from that point. I cant actually be arsed working to get those flammin last lb's mind you but cant decide if to put the work into it again.

Felicity I just wanted to share with you my experience last time I did SW.

My weight loss journey was very very slow compared to most, however with much upping and downing, I finally hit 9 stone 7 lbs and was feeling very well in myself and looked pretty good.

Most of the people around me said I looked fine as I was.

I asked at SW if I should accept this as my target, but was encouraged to keep going to lose some more. It would not come off. In humiliation and defeat (much as I feel now) - I left the group and left to my own devices, gained the weight back slowly over a few years.

How I wish I had just accepted my weight then. I would kill to be 9 stone 7 lbs again. You have read my journey and how hard it is for me to lose - I cannot work it out and it fills my head daily!!

So my advice to you is be very careful - you may be where your body wants to be and the number on the scale is just that, a number, maybe not the right number for you.

Hope this makes sense? It is shared with genuine empathy.

I noticed SW have put my 9 stone 7 as an interim on my book but that would be a goal as far as I am concerned. XX

xxx

This is very encouraging if a little sickening ;), however your positivity and enthusiasm have made me feel a little better and determined to press on so thanks. :)

Don't worry I am here to keep the flag flying.
Lost 0.5lb this week which means since July so 6 months I have lost a whole 10lbs big big sigh beat that slow losers !
My consultant virtually dances when I lose as she knows how difficult it is for me.

Meadow I am out in with the girls in Manchester city centre Saturday evening as well ! We are going to spinningfields

Don't worry I am here to keep the flag flying.
Lost 0.5lb this week which means since July so 6 months I have lost a whole 10lbs big big sigh beat that slow losers !
My consultant virtually dances when I lose as she knows how difficult it is for me.

Meadow I am out in with the girls in Manchester city centre Saturday evening as well ! We are going to spinningfields

Me too Latte - I have lost 10lbs since MAY 2011 :cry:Got my stone sticky and lost it again twice so far :cry:

Ah well, we can but plod on - according to the scales this morning (I know I shouldn't peek, but I do!) I am on track for a STS this week...........

Thank goodness I am not the only one Annya.

I got my stone award just before I went away on holiday in November as I had an outrageous 6lb loss in one week which all know isn't right but the computer said way hay 1 stone off. I really really wish that hadn't happened as it feels so wrong to have that sticker on my book.

I have lost 2 1/2 stone since spril 2010!!since put half a stone on finding losing weight for me is very very slow,but I will get there I' m in it for the long haul 30 lbs to go!

Well, it's a 0.5lb gain. I'm not happy, but I suppose I must blame the drinks on Saturday and the curry after ... Though it WAS shashlik and salad again.
Is it possible to eat too much fruit? Am I going overboard with the melon and berries despite the fact that they're speed foods, do you think?
I've got ANOTHER big night out this weekend. You must all think I'm a party animal but honestly I'm not, I usually go weeks, even months, without an event :rolleyes:
We're going to watch Thin Lizzy at The Manchester Apollo, but we're making a day of it and going to Bem Brasil at 3.30 and of course there'll be alcohol involved as nobody is driving, it's a train job. So I think it'll have to be a red day with flexible syns for the booze. Any tips on how to minimise the damage?

i never managed to find a balance between drinking and still being able to lose weight, some people dont count their alcohol and this is enough for them and they still lose weight. i strongly dislike these people lol. ive cut out drink cos it was holding me back or so i thought but i lost a pound on a success express week and a pound and a half on a good week mixing all 3 plans, its hardly startling considering ive cut out several hundred calories in not drinking wine? i have no answers i dont even understand this diet anymore, how does it work so well for one set of people but not for another despite us following it better? its bull plop. i would say be as good as you can, try not to obsess cos im sure this doesnt help matters, enjoy your night out have what you want for that evening and get straight back on plan for the next meal, you have to have a life, once sw takes over and you stop doing things you like (like i have) it just makes you miserable and obsessive. i really dont think 4 halves of lager would mean a 1/2 a pound gain, i would say it must be bloat..maybe you have a bit of an intolerance to something your eating? just a thought. big hug though hun i know how frustrated you must be xx

xxx

well done hunni, now stop being greedy, youve had a run of losses someone elses turn hee hee. just kidding really really welld one be proud of yourself hunni xxx

i wonder if there is a link between obsessing too much about what we eat and lack of losing weight? they say the mind is a powerful thing and i know that when your stressed you release cortisol which actually stops weight loss, maybe there is a link? cos the people who have large weight losses seem to be so relaxed about it and the more stressed i seem to be about it the less weight i seem to lose. but how on earth do you chill out about it but still follow the plan? hmm...this is my thought for the day anyway, probably talking complete nonsense haha

i am back on plan today after a day of eating rubbish, i needed it. at doctors at 2 and i think im going to ask to be put on progesterone only pill, the other type disagrees with me so ill give this one a go and see if im any better, either that or metformin but im not sure i can face the side effects. ill have a chat with doctor and see what they think about it all. i know theres something wrong cos to gain 5.5 in one week when i honestly wasnt that bad then to only lose a pound after success expressing it and only having around 50 syns is ridiculous. im having lots of other symptoms which are pointing to a hormone imbalance and after doing my homework yesterday it seems my oestrogen levels could be staying high for too long? which explains the hurrendous pms i had, and slow starting period etc. fingers crossed i dont get fobbed off again. chin up all my lovelies, we may all want to lose weight but it doesnt define us as a person and i think you are all lovely lovely people, youve been a great support to me through some hard times and im so grateful. xxx

lou get them to check your thyroid as well. if you need the expensive iron-ask for a prescription and smile very sweetly whilst asking for double the normal amount....honestly ask for two bottles to go on one script. good luck

you are very right about cortisol, i also supect maybe intolerances/hormones all play a part it is just hard to predict who will suceed easily and who wont. have any of you girls done any other diet plans at all in the past??

Felicity I just wanted to share with you my experience last time I did SW.

My weight loss journey was very very slow compared to most, however with much upping and downing, I finally hit 9 stone 7 lbs and was feeling very well in myself and looked pretty good.

Most of the people around me said I looked fine as I was.

I asked at SW if I should accept this as my target, but was encouraged to keep going to lose some more. It would not come off. In humiliation and defeat (much as I feel now) - I left the group and left to my own devices, gained the weight back slowly over a few years.

How I wish I had just accepted my weight then. I would kill to be 9 stone 7 lbs again. You have read my journey and how hard it is for me to lose - I cannot work it out and it fills my head daily!!

So my advice to you is be very careful - you may be where your body wants to be and the number on the scale is just that, a number, maybe not the right number for you.

Hope this makes sense? It is shared with genuine empathy.

I noticed SW have put my 9 stone 7 as an interim on my book but that would be a goal as far as I am concerned. XX

i always read your posts with a warm feeling, you do have a lovely way of typing things, thankyou x

Last edited:
Awwww.... it sounds like many of us need a good squeezy warm hug - I know I do - so here ya go.................

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Oh and Happy St Dwynwen's Day to you all - it's Valentine's Day here in Wales today :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Wednesday comes round so quickly.
Here I am with another WI looming tonight.

Went back to group last week having gained 2lbs. Gradually getting back into the swing of SW but not entirely there. If I maintain I`ll be happy as I`m still not exercising.

Had a stange week and can`t face exercise, even though it`s supposed to make you feel better. As a fifty something I`m very menopausal at the moment. Crying for no reason, wanting the comfort of chocolate and alcohol. Not to mention hot flushes and night sweats!! GGGRRR!!!

Hubby wondering what he`s done wrong!! lol

Back