The really slow loss team!

please can I join your group?

I have pretty much STS since Sept, only have 6 lb to go to target, would be nice to be with people in the same boat.

Thanks Kerry xx

I have a very good friend whose teenaged son has Kleine-Levin Syndrome (aka as Sleeping Beauty Syndrome) and he can literally sleep for days, completely unrousable.

Thankfully he does eventually wake, unlike poor Hels' friend, but it is nevertheless a terrible worry for her and he is missing loads of schooling because of it and has become a virtual recluse - so very different to the outgoing and popular lad he was 6 months ago before it all started................. :-(

There is no known cause and no known cure so she will just have to pray that he "grows out of it" - most do, but others are affected for the rest of their lives..............

We really must count our blessings - kinda puts our weight loss journeys into perspective a bit, doesn't it?

It absolutely does, Annya. It's such a terrible shame that so many peoples lives are affected by horrible illnesses and afflictions. When we first heard about the accident, we only heard that Kim was suffering with a broken leg and we all laughed that she was going to furious not to able to wear her new shoes for Chrsitmas. Little did we know it was as bad as this. It's shocked us all into the reality of "is it really that bad" if we're a size bigger than we want to be/we can't afford to go out at the weekend/we're having a bad hair day. That said, it's also made me realise that my weight loss and getting to target is really important to my happiness and I will not waste any more time being unhappy about how I look or how much I weigh. I'm getting to target and I'm bringing all you lot with me, by the hair if I have to.

Thursday - Who's in for 100% for the rest of January? It's only until Tuesday and I'm totally going for it. Diary and everything.

Welcome Kerry! :)

It absolutely does, Annya. It's such a terrible shame that so many peoples lives are affected by horrible illnesses and afflictions. When we first heard about the accident, we only heard that Kim was suffering with a broken leg and we all laughed that she was going to furious not to able to wear her new shoes for Chrsitmas. Little did we know it was as bad as this. It's shocked us all into the reality of "is it really that bad" if we're a size bigger than we want to be/we can't afford to go out at the weekend/we're having a bad hair day. That said, it's also made me realise that my weight loss and getting to target is really important to my happiness and I will not waste any more time being unhappy about how I look or how much I weigh. I'm getting to target and I'm bringing all you lot with me, by the hair if I have to.

Thursday - Who's in for 100% for the rest of January? It's only until Tuesday and I'm totally going for it. Diary and everything.

Welcome Kerry! :)

Hiya Hels,

Really sorry to hear about your friend....such a sad story.

I'd love to stick with you on the 100%. I already do my diary but I am out on Saturday at friends, so food may be a bit of an issue there. I've been 100% since Monday morning after an indulgent Sunday, but the scales have gone up not down grrrrr!

Hiya Kerry, welcome to the group x

With you all the way Hels! I am being really good - keeping my diary, watching my syns, 100% on plan, and even trying to squeeze in a bit more exercise along with the 2+ miles power walk with Lily every day, but the scales are not kind to me at this time of year as you know. However, at least I know why, which makes it a TEENY bit easier to accept!

I had a sneaky peek this morning (I know, I shouldn't) and I might get away with a STS this week, perhaps even a small loss at weigh in tomorrow - we shall see!

Kerry, welcome to the tortoise/sloth group. With only a few pounds to go now, you are going to find it harder than ever. Jump on board - we will all support you as much as we can............. there are a few on here finding those last few pounds a "challenge"!

Last few?! Heh, the first few were bad enough!

It's great, Kerry. By a million miles, the best thread in the whole forum. However, if you go and lose them last 6 in a week I'm never taking to you again. Deal?!

Last few?! Heh, the first few were bad enough!

It's great, Kerry. By a million miles, the best thread in the whole forum. However, if you go and lose them last 6 in a week I'm never taking to you again. Deal?!

Deal, the liklihood of me losing 6lb in a month never mind a week is so far removed from the rest of my weightloss journey x

kerryathome said:
Deal, the liklihood of me losing 6lb in a month never mind a week is so far removed from the rest of my weightloss journey x

Tell us about it. We're all the same. Looks like you'll fit in a treat.

welcome kerry!!!

hels - so so sorry your friend hasnt improved hun, thats such a sad story, i love your optimism though about them bringing her back a bit, its a good attitude to have. i will also stay positive that she pulls through

annya - your friends son;7's condition sounds awful, poor lad :( i hope he does grow out of it too

felicity- i agree on the nurse thing you do a fab job, one of my closest friends is a nurse and its a thankless job but extrememly rewarding at times, she loves it.

sorry if ive missed anyone. im on plan but not realy having much time to think about food. the move is speeding through, my 2 year old is being a nightmare and im trying to fit everything in that im supposed to be doing, frazzled today!!!

Sorry ladies very busy with work still - expected 1lb gain. I've invested in a slow cooker do hopefully things might be better this week x

...and an unwanted and unexpected 2.5lb gain here. Exactly what I lost last week. Over the moon obviously! :p

...and an unwanted and unexpected 2.5lb gain here. Exactly what I lost last week. Over the moon obviously! :p

Hels first of all so so sorry to hear about your friend. It kind of puts things into perspective.

Now what you have written above is exactly what happened to me over the last two groups. I lost 2 lbs and the following week gained it back - and I was mad as hell, as had been 100%.

So tonight "the scales" say I have lost 3 lbs so I report this very quietly and tentatively with no whoop whoops. I just want to get my head down and try to drop the negativity, just keep going forwards. I was truly on the verge of giving up but have committed to finish my countdown - have 8 more weeks to go.

So am joining you in the 100% challenge.

I just want to say how great it is to have all you tortoises here for support as I am sure I would go insane if I could not come here and share our "ups and downs".

felicity62 said:
i think we should ignore this person from now girls *fold arms and swishes hair*

okay we wont, well done what is your success??

Ha ha I was very unsuccessful for 10 weeks prior to Christmas. Fella proposed. Back on track!! 8lbs down in 4 weeks and exercising like a lunatic!

Well done, Flabulous. For committing to group and for your loss this week. I know what you mean not wanting a big deal about it but credit where it's due. :)

Just caught up with the last few days (sorry been awol again - been away with no internet grrrrrr).

Reading about Hels friend and Annya's friend's wee lad really does make you appreciate how lucky you are.

Ok so the bloody scales go up and down like a yo-yo but I'm healthy and so what if I'm still a few pounds overweight. I will just thank my lucky stars.

please can I join your group?

I have pretty much STS since Sept, only have 6 lb to go to target, would be nice to be with people in the same boat.

Thanks Kerry xx
Nice to meet you here Kerry - seen you around on some of the other threads.

Snap - I was 12:1½ on 5th Sept and 12:1½ on 16th Jan. Although I did lose 3lbs to get to interim in between but shot back up again!

So welcome on board and to our tortiose team.

welcome kerry !!

this group dont just post about themselves, they also help others and actually read whats written, i find on some threads people just talk about me me me me without a thought for anyone else nor do they actually read others posts! You will fit right in chuckie poo x

my job is the best in the world, and yeah you think you are having a bad day until you come to work and get a smile from someone who is having a truly rotten time, that makes my day! that said, your personal problems are relative to you, if you are upset you are upset!

flab, notch that loss down and run to the step with acc!!

Back