The really slow loss team!

I agree it is hard not to focus on the scales and what weight they say we are, and these diets thrive because of it.

I need and both resent this discipline.:eek:

What a grim day it is today. Have felt very oppressed and lethargic. :(

Hiya Annya,

I would be happy with 4lbs a month to average out, This month i've managed 2lb.

Take heart dearie - I weighed 175.4lbs at the beginning of January - and I weighed EXACTLY the same yesterday - so I haven't lost a bean this month :sigh:

And when I got on the scales this morning I have gained half a pound overnight too :rolleyes:

We can do it..... in all probability I will be the last over the finish line, but I don't care as long as I get there sometime this year!

I too am happy to lose 4 lb a month,anything else is HUGE bonus!!!
It' s taken me from april 2010 ti lise 2 1/2 stone and have put 7 back on and since the begin of jan have losr 4 1/2 lb!! Us tortortises need to stick together were all in it for the ling haul.;-)

I think we should give up our home scales and give them to someone we know to mind them (if we are not brave enough to give them up altogether).

When you think of it, it is crazy that we have this piece of metal and plastic and let it be the barometer of our moods day in and day out. Talk about sabotaging any chance of happiness we might have.

I know people who don't go to group will need to be able to weigh once a week but surely we can go to a friends, mum or dad who can monitor our scale addiction.

Scary concept, but just think how much more positive we could be if we only had to experience the up and down syndrome once a week?

Providing you stick to any eating plan, weighing once a month is more realistic, but these diet clubs would not survive for very long would they?

I am going to put my scales out in the shed - so cold at the moment to go out to get them and see how I do. :)

Annya said:
Take heart dearie - I weighed 175.4lbs at the beginning of January - and I weighed EXACTLY the same yesterday - so I haven't lost a bean this month :sigh:

And when I got on the scales this morning I have gained half a pound overnight too :rolleyes:

We can do it..... in all probability I will be the last over the finish line, but I don't care as long as I get there sometime this year!

:-( it sucks doesn't it??

Flabulous said:
I think we should give up our home scales and give them to someone we know to mind them (if we are not brave enough to give them up altogether).

When you think of it, it is crazy that we have this piece of metal and plastic and let it be the barometer of our moods day in and day out. Talk about sabotaging any chance of happiness we might have.

I know people who don't go to group will need to be able to weigh once a week but surely we can go to a friends, mum or dad who can monitor our scale addiction.

Scary concept, but just think how much more positive we could be if we only had to experience the up and down syndrome once a week?

Providing you stick to any eating plan, weighing once a month is more realistic, but these diet clubs would not survive for very long would they?

I am going to put my scales out in the shed - so cold at the moment to go out to get them and see how I do. :)

Good idea Flabulous

I'll see if I can get hubby to hide mine and only let me see them on Saturday!

acc said:
I too am happy to lose 4 lb a month,anything else is HUGE bonus!!!
It' s taken me from april 2010 ti lise 2 1/2 stone and have put 7 back on and since the begin of jan have losr 4 1/2 lb!! Us tortortises need to stick together were all in it for the ling haul.;-)

It's really hard acc isn't it? 2.5 stone is a good amount though, well done. It just gets harder the lower we get.

Right girls - we are all having a sh!t January (I weigh roughly the same as I did on 5th September). Soooooooo

Let's all draw a line under the whole bleddy month and start afresh next week.

I'm planning on having loads of red days - but with a day TOTALLY off plan next Saturday for a Minis meet.

If I can lose 2 lbs in February I will be ecstatic! Who's with me?

Right girls - we are all having a sh!t January (I weigh roughly the same as I did on 5th September). Soooooooo

I'm planning on having loads of red days - but with a day TOTALLY off plan next Saturday for a Minis meet.

I'm in :)

I'm in for the total day off! :D

there was an article in the evening paper saying that January was the worst time to try and diet, stop drinking, smoking etc as it was such a miserable time of year.

We are all suffering from the January effect.

hey everyone! just been catching up.

sarah, sorry youve been having a crappy time. this whole losing weight thing has become a mystery to me lately, ive never struggled like this to lose weight before, its frustrating and demoralising when your following it and not getting the results you deserve. big hug x

well i went out and had a great night, i was completely wasted, fell over several times and have 2 massive grazes on my knee, fell to sleep on the sofa, was sick everywhere and have been mega hungover all day. have eaten lots of pizza and drank lots of diet coke. and i dont care about the diet today. my scales are broken and in the bin so i cant weigh myself anymore. i did my measurements yesterday and after 2 weeks of gymming it i have lost 7.5 inches in total. according to boots scales i have gained a pound...i dont care i would rather be losing inches and my weight not coming down. i wore a short dress for the first time in ages and got loads of compliments. i think im going to stop going to class and just back away from being so obsessive about the diet, i am sure this is hindering my weight loss cos i spend every second of every day thinking about food and wishing the day away so i can get to bedtime and feel 'safe' knowing i cant sabotage myself. thats just wrong. i shouldnt be putting my whole life on hold and feeling like a complete failure every second of every day because im not losing weight. all we can do is our best, and we shouldnt feel bad because sometimes the scales dont reflect our effort, its unfair and upsetting but it isnt our fault. i think the last few days weve realised that most of us have some sort of problem with hormones or health issues that hinder our weight loss yet we continue to feel like its somehow our fault....it isnt. you are all lovely fabulous people and i would be lost without you all, i will still be coming to check in on here and im going to have a think about whether or not i want to go to group anymore, i like going but i dont like feeling rubbish about myself when other people lose 5 pound in one week when they have had pizza and alcohol and say they only follow the plan for breakfast and dinner and eat what they want at tea time, ive started feeling really bitter towards them and its not a side of me that i like. i might get weighed at boots once a fortnight instead of once a week and get weighed in the morning on a friday on my way to work. i may regret this decision and end up putting weight back on but all i know is i cant carry on like this, its not healthy and its no good for me mentally xx

Pommette said:

I'm in too :)

100% from today

I'm up for it too, 2lb would be a canny start on my journey and a whole lot better than what I've done since Sept xx

conlou1 said:
hey everyone! just been catching up.

sarah, sorry youve been having a crappy time. this whole losing weight thing has become a mystery to me lately, ive never struggled like this to lose weight before, its frustrating and demoralising when your following it and not getting the results you deserve. big hug x

well i went out and had a great night, i was completely wasted, fell over several times and have 2 massive grazes on my knee, fell to sleep on the sofa, was sick everywhere and have been mega hungover all day. have eaten lots of pizza and drank lots of diet coke. and i dont care about the diet today. my scales are broken and in the bin so i cant weigh myself anymore. i did my measurements yesterday and after 2 weeks of gymming it i have lost 7.5 inches in total. according to boots scales i have gained a pound...i dont care i would rather be losing inches and my weight not coming down. i wore a short dress for the first time in ages and got loads of compliments. i think im going to stop going to class and just back away from being so obsessive about the diet, i am sure this is hindering my weight loss cos i spend every second of every day thinking about food and wishing the day away so i can get to bedtime and feel 'safe' knowing i cant sabotage myself. thats just wrong. i shouldnt be putting my whole life on hold and feeling like a complete failure every second of every day because im not losing weight. all we can do is our best, and we shouldnt feel bad because sometimes the scales dont reflect our effort, its unfair and upsetting but it isnt our fault. i think the last few days weve realised that most of us have some sort of problem with hormones or health issues that hinder our weight loss yet we continue to feel like its somehow our fault....it isnt. you are all lovely fabulous people and i would be lost without you all, i will still be coming to check in on here and im going to have a think about whether or not i want to go to group anymore, i like going but i dont like feeling rubbish about myself when other people lose 5 pound in one week when they have had pizza and alcohol and say they only follow the plan for breakfast and dinner and eat what they want at tea time, ive started feeling really bitter towards them and its not a side of me that i like. i might get weighed at boots once a fortnight instead of once a week and get weighed in the morning on a friday on my way to work. i may regret this decision and end up putting weight back on but all i know is i cant carry on like this, its not healthy and its no good for me mentally xx

Thanks Lou x

Think you have hit on a few things there. I too think about what I'm gonna eat and when I'm gonna eat it constantly ..... I'm sure "normal" people aren't this obsessed about food.
Well done on the inches, that is a really excellent result :)
Yuck to the hangover tho!!! Sounds rough, hope you feel better today.

Good idea with the weighing, make sure you don't leave us, we need you here x

Conlou, I feel your pain. I agree that getting away from the obsessiveness we all feel from time to time is important and doing healthy things that make you feel good is right!
But, don't put it all back on :) be a little careful and come see us here sometimes x

Well, a deserved 1 lb on, back to 10.7! Loads of exersise but too many syns!

On the gainers step doing step ups. Anyone else here??

Yes, 2 lb off in Feb challenge for me :) love it. Most groups go for 10 lb a month ha ha x

Pommette said:

I'm in too. 2 lb for me,any thing we all lose will be amazing;-)

Conlou, I feel your pain. I agree that getting away from the obsessiveness we all feel from time to time is important and doing healthy things that make you feel good is right!
But, don't put it all back on :) be a little careful and come see us here sometimes x

Well, a deserved 1 lb on, back to 10.7! Loads of exersise but too many syns!

On the gainers step doing step ups. Anyone else here??

Yes, 2 lb off in Feb challenge for me :) love it. Most groups go for 10 lb a month ha ha x
I'm on the gainers step ..... I'm +1 for January, how rubbish is that? :(
I'm joining a gym this week. Was going to wait until my friend is free to join with me (She's on nights this week) but I think I'll go alone and go with her when she's ready.
Lou ... Your hangover sound spectacular :D But please stay with us, you always manage to cheer me up and make me feel better about myself :wave_cry:
As for me, I had a great day. Liverpool beat Man U, Bem Brasil was yummy and Thin Lizzy were awesome. My ears aren't working, my feet are killing me and I feel sick :rolleyes: but I'm content :)
Josh is playing the team that beat them 2-1 last week but I'm letting Neil go to that match as he's home on a Sunday for once and I'm going to relax.

I'm right in there Pom! 2lbs would be GREAT for me :D

I'm going to chat up my GP tomorrow to see if I can't crank down the steroids, even just a wee bit. Now I live in the back of beyond and am not surrounded by people with bugs in overpopulated South East England any more I have only had one cold in 2 years - does that sound convincing enough to warrant a cut back (pleeeeaaassse!)? Well, I can but try, but pretty sure what the answer will be :rolleyes:

I'm on it 100% ans will TRY and fit in a bit more exercise this week too, but I am often so late finishing work (no such thing as "regular hours" for me) that it's hard to motiviate myself after 12 hours in front of a desk :sigh:

We CAN do this girls :)

Back