The really slow loss team!

Flabulous said:
OK.............deep breaths, don't punch the walls, don't scream, don't shout obscenities...just got back from group and 1.5 .......ON.

Sorry, that's it...no more group for me. I have had enough. I just walked out of there with my sanity...just!!!!!!

So ladies, I am not giving up..not giving in...but I really don't want to waste another minute of my life in group.

It is humiliating to have put it on for no reason and I could not face sitting there waiting for the usual.

I shall continue on my merry way with you tortoises, but no more scales for me. If I lose any flab, I shall be flabulously pleased.

I like to eat SW way anyhow.

Give me a hug someone please............!!!!!!

Big big huuuuuge huggles from me!

I know how it feels........ Scream & let it all out!

Keep with us flabulous..... This tortoise team is fab & we will all support u x

conlou1 said:
oh no cleo, i dont want you to leave either :( no matter what you choose to do please come on here and talk to us all. i read the weight watchers starter pack, the new one and felt really confused so didnt bother doing it lol. i wish you luck in whatever diet you do hun. they say a change is as good as a rest...maybe switch to another diet for a bit then try sw again with fresh eyes? you might find next week that you have a good loss. starting exercise can make you retain water hun, which if youve been exercising more than normal would explain a gain at first and once your body adjusts you see the benefits. have a good long think over the weekend like you said and take it from there. maybe have a weekend 'off' if its making you miserable, it might just be what you need to kick start the loss again.

i have been semi on plan, im so rushed off my feet sorting the house move i dont have the time to be counting and weighing stuff. im making the best choices i can but not sure what plan im actually doing lol. made a beef casserole for tea, which is pretty healthy. i had a bag of crisps earlier but thats within my syns allowance. im aching really bad today, dont know if i have this virus the girls have had or if its from shifting boxes yesterday lol. i ache in places i never knew i had!!

Thanks Lou. You tortoises are luvverly

Went to WW.... It's weird!

Gonna read it all over anyway and go from there. Feel rough today so I might have picked up a bug..... Might explain my ratty behaviour of late.

Keep at it Lou, moving is a stressful time, hopefully you have had a good workout too moving boxes x

OK.............deep breaths, don't punch the walls, don't scream, don't shout obscenities...just got back from group and 1.5 .......ON.

Sorry, that's it...no more group for me. I have had enough. I just walked out of there with my sanity...just!!!!!!

So ladies, I am not giving up..not giving in...but I really don't want to waste another minute of my life in group.

It is humiliating to have put it on for no reason and I could not face sitting there waiting for the usual.

I shall continue on my merry way with you tortoises, but no more scales for me. If I lose any flab, I shall be flabulously pleased.

:bighug::bighug:
bless you hunni. if going to group makes you feel worse and its not helping you stay on track then your making the right decision. maybe not having anyone to answer to will help you as you wont fee so bad if you dont lose. hope your ok x

Massive hug heading your way .... I really feel for you and wish I could come out with some words of wisdom ... But I can't, sorry :wave_cry::wave_cry:

MASSIVE, HUMUNGOUS, HUGS OF EVERY DESCRIPTION I COULD FIND!!

:bighug::bighug::bighug::grouphugg::patback: :hug99: :gen126:

and a massive :massmoon: to those hated scales too :p

thanks for all the messages of support - it means a lot.

Only thing I have to face now is the SWC who will ring and try to persuade me not to give up (I'm not) and that "there has to be something I'm eating or drinking" that is standing between me and SW plan working for me.

I really feel like I have given it my best shot - going to group I mean - and to be back to having lost 7lbs since last July, well I don't think anyone can blame me for being fed up of the whole thing.

I actually feel a bit liberated too - no more S. Clubs for me. I would be better spending the money going to yoga or something relaxing.

My son said tonight "Mum, you are older now. Stop worrying about your weight and just enjoy your life. I have never known anyone be so obsessed about what they weigh" - that's not good is it?

What really gets me is that I packed in eating chocolate too and I lurve chocolate!

Tomorrow is a new day! :)

Hugs, Flabulous. As long as you're happy with your decision. Plenty of people follow the plan from home and are successful. And like we all say, we're here for each other. More hugs. :)

Thanks Hels. I think from now on I will just stick to healthy eating the SW way without all the scales angst.

I know I will have to be very careful though, but there are some things I never want to go back to eg. white bread, but apart from that except on the odd occasions I was making very healthy choices any way. There is no more I can do without giving up all pleasure in life. As Annya says..it is such a drag for the people in our lives too.

My loved one walks on egg shells every time I have been to group. I knew last week I should not get too excited about so called losing 3 lbs, but then he says I am being negative, but it's just such a familiar pattern, that you don't trust gains or losses in the end.

flabulous...i did the plan mostly at home last time after my middle child and lost 4 stone in 8 months doing it at home. i didnt weigh in every week...i joined and left group 3 times in that 8 months but just couldnt afford to keep it up and while i was going it was making me miserable when i wasnt losing as much as i thought i should be. but when i took the group away i was losing more. if i had a heavy weekend i just wouldnt weigh in until later in the week, i didnt have a set day to get weighed and would sometimes go 3 weeks between weigh ins but it kept my motivation going that every time i did get weighed i had lost cos i just waited until i felt like i had lost before i got on the scales. i know its maybe not the best way to do it but it helped me. i dont know why i go to group now tbh cos i would probably feel better doing it at home but i enjoy my hour and a half break from the hubby and kids, and i love my consultant shes really nice, and ive met some lovely people. i havent been obsessive this week after last weeks craziness and then having a great loss that i didnt deserve as i felt ashamed of the fact i had lost after making such a fuss. im determined to tone it down a bit as i am convinced completely that stressing and obsessing stops a weight loss-here i found this, its a bit long but it is interesting to read:

Does stress affect eating, weight, and where fat is distributed on the body? This is a question that has begged an answer from experts for many years. The body makes cortisol to help us handle stress. When stress goes up, cortisol levels go up. And it's often repeated that obese people have higher cortisol levels than lean people.
Cortisol is a hormone in a group of steroids commonly referred to as glucocorticoids. Cortisol is a hormone produced by the adrenal gland as a part of your daily hormonal cycle. However, it is also a key hormone involved in the body’s response to stress, both physical and emotional. Cortisol increases blood sugar levels, increases blood pressure, and suppresses the immune system, which is part of the body’s fight-or-flight response that is essential for survival. Your hypothalamus, via the pituitary gland, directs the adrenal glands to secrete both cortisol and adrenaline.
Adrenaline production increases your alertness and energy level, also increasing your metabolism by helping fat cells to release energy. Cortisol has widespread actions which help restore homeostasis after stress, including increasing production of glucose from protein to quickly increase the body’s energy during stressful times.
However, cortisol has a two-fold effect on fat. When the stress first occurs, fat is broken down to supply the body with a rapid source of energy. When we experience something stressful, our brains release a substance known as corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH), which puts the body on alert and sends it into "fight or flight" mode. As the body gears up for battle, the pupils dilate, thinking improves, and the lungs take in more oxygen. But something else happens as well: Our appetite is suppressed, and the digestive system shuts off temporarily. CRH also triggers the release of the hormones adrenaline and cortisol, which help mobilize carbohydrate and fat for quick energy. When the immediate stress is over, the adrenaline dissipates, but the cortisol lingers to help bring the body back into balance. And one of the ways it gets things back to normal is to increase our appetites so we can replace the carbohydrate and fat we should have burned while fleeing or fighting.

so there you have it, being initially stressed speeds up your metabolism and burns more fat BUT the after effect is cortisol which makes you put weight on!! time to chill i think ladies :)

A not unexpected STS for me this week ladies. Like others, I cannot do any more than I am now without being starving hungry all the time and living on speed soup and fruit, which is not a healthy way of eating nor maintainable in the long run.

I am in this for the long haul - and it could have been worse - so I am just going to continue plodding along but not allowing myself to fall into that spiral of despair that so many of us have been in of late........

Next week is another week and if it's another STS then I will be OK with that and if it's a loss that's OK too - but I am not going to get excited about it either way as I have accepted that yo-yoing is just something my body does now.... and I feel very liberated by that!

Onwards and downards for us all girlies - let's all try and be happy with who we are but have it in the back of our minds that we would like to be a bit lighter if humanly possible without making both ours and other people's lives a misery in the process.... life really is too short!

Huge loves to you all...........

Last edited:
I still have seven weeks of my countdown left so I may return - don't know right now, but I will definitely not be spending any more money on group. £150 to date to lose between 5.5 - 7 lbs.

You know after "losing" the 3 lbs last week, I really thought I had turned a corner! So to have such a gain, is a real slap in the face.

Like Annya says there is not a lot more you can do than be 100% and I am not prepared to make any more changes - I feel I have made every healthy change possible.

Even the poor woman who does the weighing looked startled when she saw the scales. She has been witnessing my yo-yo ing and I don't think she was expecting that!!!

I know I will have to be very careful though, but there are some things I never want to go back to eg. white bread, but apart from that except on the odd occasions I was making very healthy choices any way. There is no more I can do without giving up all pleasure in life. As Annya says..it is such a drag for the people in our lives too.

SW promotes a healthy LIFESTYLE doesn't it so even if you don't intend to follow plan & weigh in every week your healthy will still benefit.

Ladies, I've had an awful week, had some bad news about one of my cats, I posted in the "Off Topic" forum. I'm so upset I'm struggling to eat, I'm not hungry at all so anything I get down I'm making myself eat. I doubt I'll have any loss next week, not that it matters to me right now to be honest.

SW promotes a healthy LIFESTYLE doesn't it so even if you don't intend to follow plan & weigh in every week your healthy will still benefit.

Ladies, I've had an awful week, had some bad news about one of my cats, I posted in the "Off Topic" forum. I'm so upset I'm struggling to eat, I'm not hungry at all so anything I get down I'm making myself eat. I doubt I'll have any loss next week, not that it matters to me right now to be honest.

oh no what happened to your cat hun? hope your ok xx

I've just read your off topic post, I'm so sorry to hear about your cat :( . It's always difficult to lose our pets, they're part of the family in a way non-pet owners can't understand :(
Big hugs xxx

Back