The really slow loss team!

We went to Florida in November.

I know what you mean about doing everytjibg by the book. It has got to the point where I can say I do all that and still nothing bloody works. It is so disheartening but we just need to battle on through.

I have finally made it back to the gym after six months as I know I can't do any serious damage since it is gynae and not muscular. I only managed to do 10 mins on the cross trainer and some weights but it is a start

hi everyone hope your all ok

i ended up dosing myself up and going to that wedding, i only had 2 wine spritzers and a vodka lime and soda then had diet coke and water, i started feeling rough around 10 but couldnt drag the hubby away lol. im glad i went but have felt really rough again today, tonsils are covered in white spots :( i havent been on plan at all this week, but havent really eaten much so not sure which way the scales will swing, hoping for a sts tbh, not bothered about a loss as i havent done a day on plan but a sts would be great. got loads of compliments last night on how much weight id lost which made me feel good. feeling really calm this week about it all, but i think thats cos ive been ill and packing so not had time to even think about it. looking forward to being able to get back into it properly after the move....6 days eek!! excited!

flabulous- i hope that not going to group helps your weight loss or at least helps you to relax about it hun

les- i dont know why men lose more than women, but they all seem to lose quicker, women naturally store fat and our metabolisms are slower so thats probably why and i think men dont tend to stress about it as much as we do which helps

annya- thanks hun, im glad were moving i hope the next house doesnt have a hidden mould problem too haha. i dont think it does though tbh.

sorry if ive missed anyone. hope you all had a great weekend

We went to Florida in November.

I know what you mean about doing everytjibg by the book. It has got to the point where I can say I do all that and still nothing bloody works. It is so disheartening but we just need to battle on through.

I have finally made it back to the gym after six months as I know I can't do any serious damage since it is gynae and not muscular. I only managed to do 10 mins on the cross trainer and some weights but it is a start

i can only do 5 minutes on the cross trainer, i hate that machine. lol

I used to do an hour on the crosstrainer followed by 45 mins on the stepper . When I was super fit cardio was 1 to two hours followed by weights or a gym class. It wasn't unusual for me to spend three hours at the gym.
I am now so proud of my half hour today.

Hi,

Can I join this group please?? I have been doing SW since new year, had 4 weigh in's and in total lost a grand total of 2lb!! :cry:

I feel soooo disheartened as i am trying so hard i am sticking to the plan i have built in exercise (2 zumba classes a week and extra walking) whereas before I would've laughed at the thought of exercising!

I dread Wednesday's as its wi day!! xxx

Welcome pinkprincess! Jump on board.... all tortoises fit right in here.

It's a fabulous group and it is so good to know you are not alone in your sloth-like weight loss journey. We are up and down like fiddler's elbows on here!

Morning all!

WELCOME PINK PRINCESS :)

Well here I am - have done a mile walk with my dvd and am feeling very virtuous.

Now I have left the group, I am so determined to keep going.

I have worked out that during the week I shall do 7 syns and then on Friday, Sat and Sun, I shall allow myself 15 so I can have it a little easier. Weekends are a bit tough I find.

Have a good week all you tortoises and I shall read your progress (or lack of it!) with great interest.

Much Love xx

Thank you for the warm welcome :thankyou:

I am most definitely a tortoise lol!!

Got a zumba class tonight, I really can't be bothered i've been full of a cold for a week but if i am ever going to shift this weight i am going to have to get my trainers on and get my zumba on!!

Hope you are all well xxx

welcome pinkprincess!!

nothing new to report here. still packing, still ill, still not being able to follow plan. my 10 month old is still ill bless her and stepped it up a notch today by throwing up. house of the damned! going to make an attempt of following plan today. i have prawns and salad for dinner and chicken and veg for tea. hoping the snow clears by the weekend so moving day goes smoothly!!

We have a relatively quiet slow loss team today. How's everyone's week going?

Thank goodness all the snow has cleared here. I couldn't go through all that again.
No idea what to expect at weigh in tomorrow as I am ashamed to say I am still not tracking or writing stuff down as I was so disheartened last week after my gain which was not deserved.
Been to the gym twice and done weights so no idea if that will impact.

latte i hope you have the loss you deserved last week hunni

i have text my c and told her that im not going to group for a couple of weeks while i get moved and get my head straight im going to try to stick to plan as best i can but just cant be doing with feeling stressed trying to remember what ive had and havent had. im aiming to maintain until i can get back into it again

Hi ladies,

Well after my news with my cat I'm still struggling to eat. This is the first time ever I've not turned to food for comfort, it had the opposite effect! My WI is tomorrow, it may be a gain as I haven't eaten much but I'll have to see.

Hope you're all ok x

Hi all. Sorry I've not been around ... I thought this thread was awfully quiet and then realised I'd removed my subscription by accident :eek:
I've not done too bad this week, I'm at the gym again tonight for "last chance training" :D before I WI tomorrow.
Good luck to everybody this week ... I've got a countdown now as we've booked our annual "girly holiday" today - off to Majorca for four nights in September with two other ladies :):) (one of whom is a size 10 and about 5ft 7 and the other lost two stone before last year's trip and probably a size 8 - if not smaller). But I have bigger boobs than either :p

I have an unexpected morning off work so have been out to stock up on some nice fruit.

It is very quiet here at the moment!

Probably our energy and motivation levels are very low. It is a tough time of year even without all the doom and gloom constantly assailing our ears.

I can't tell you how relieved I am to know I don't have to go to group anymore. I think with all the support I get from you girls I am going to be much happier with keeping on posting here.

Just look after yourselves everyone - it's been a disappointing few weeks for all of us so we must be kind and patient with ourselves. (Says she who was going insane last week!!) :)

I can't tell you how relieved I am to know I don't have to go to group anymore. I think with all the support I get from you girls I am going to be much happier with keeping on posting here.

I felt the same when I stopped going to class. I did like my C & I loved hearing how people had done, but I'd come home in tears every single week & for a couple of days I'd feel rubbish because I wasn't losing & my C couldn't help. Its funny how much it can mess with your head! You'll find you're more relaxed I bet :)

hi everyone

les- oooh a girly holiday!!! get you!! dont put too much pressure on yourself trying to get to a certain weight by then, cos i sometimes find setting goals for myself has the opposite effect and i end up not losing anything cos i get obsessive

i have been for my blood results..as suspected everything has come back normal :/ but my testosterone levels havent come back at all yet, so got to ring for those next week. she said that as they were done straight after i had had a period this explains why they are normal its like my body has balanced itself, she said it could be a good sign and maybe my body is getting back to some regularity - oh i bloody hope so!! she offered me orlastat or xenacal, as she said she is confident its pcos, as they tend to go off symptoms and my lack of periods and the fact the endocrinologist wrote letter to the doctors a while ago saying i had pcos was enough for her, and she said if i can get my weight to the lower end of the healthy range then my symptoms will improve dramatically. but i declined, i dont fancy being incontinent and as i lost 2 pound last week after having a period i am hoping that this means my body is resetting itself, so im going to wait it out and keep taking the herbal tablets. i feel really happy today, my horrid virus is on its way out, i dont feel pressurised by the diet and am actually eating less cos im not obsessing about my weight all the time, and its just 4 more days til we move WOOOOOOOOO!! i dont even know if im going to go back to group again. i got weighed on boots scales today and i had jeans and 2 tops on (i normally get weighed in leggings and a vest top) and i only weighed a pound more than i did last tuesday so im reckoning if i weighed in the same clothes i could have sts or possibly even lost half a pound? but either way not being obsessive about it hasnt led to me piling on loads of weight like i feared it would and im saving 20 pound a month woo!

LisaC said:
Hi ladies,

Well after my news with my cat I'm still struggling to eat. This is the first time ever I've not turned to food for comfort, it had the opposite effect! My WI is tomorrow, it may be a gain as I haven't eaten much but I'll have to see.

Hope you're all ok x

I am so sorry I missed this. We have two cats and my mums cat had to be put to sleep the other week with acute kidney failure. It was devastating she was about 12.5 and up until the Friday she had never had a worry then Saturday and Sunday she took ill and Monday my mum took her to the vets and they couldn't do anything. It happened so fast 48 hours tops. I cried the rest of the day and all evening. My thoughts are with you x
Weigh tonight for me

Back