The really slow loss team!

I am so sorry I missed this. We have two cats and my mums cat had to be put to sleep the other week with acute kidney failure. It was devastating she was about 12.5 and up until the Friday she had never had a worry then Saturday and Sunday she took ill and Monday my mum took her to the vets and they couldn't do anything. It happened so fast 48 hours tops. I cried the rest of the day and all evening. My thoughts are with you x
Weigh tonight for me

Oh thats so sad :( Brought a tear to my eye. My little boy has chronic kidney failure, I'm just hoping we can build him up for now. Just wondering, did the vet not suggest any treatment to your mum? Acute k/f is treatable, whereas chronic isn't...?

It must have been chronic then I wasn't with my mum and the vet said there was nothing they could do. He smelt her breath and her bum and apparently he could just tell she had gone. As I said up until the Friday she had been her usual out and hunting all night in during the day affectionate talkative etc. She had only been for her yearly jabs two weeks before and they said what good health she was in. She could have been 13.5 as I am sure my mum had her for at least 12 years.

It must have been chronic then I wasn't with my mum and the vet said there was nothing they could do. He smelt her breath and her bum and apparently he could just tell she had gone. As I said up until the Friday she had been her usual out and hunting all night in during the day affectionate talkative etc. She had only been for her yearly jabs two weeks before and they said what good health she was in. She could have been 13.5 as I am sure my mum had her for at least 12 years.

So sad :( My cat is only 6 which is why I'm taking it so hard, we're doing everything we can though. A vet actually said last night that it seems to have all come on in 2-3 weeks which according to what I've read is strange as Chronic failure develops over months/years. Maybe it was the same with your mums. I hope your mum is doing ok x

I think she took it better then I did to be honest. She has always had cats and now her house is so quiet but at the age of 72 I don't think she will have another. Our two are about 12.5 and one has already survived cancer. Please give your kitty an extra cuddle from me xxx

First gain of 2012!! 0.5lb on!! Been laid up in bed since Sunday with bad back so no exercise got done since Fri nite.

Silly me went to Marksy's on Saturday and got a lovely loaf of bread and have polished it off!! Naughty naughty!!

Back on it tmrw :)

Another bloody pound on I really don't know why I bother.
Three women have been going for four weeks and already they have lost between 8 and 12lbs and I haven't even lost that.

My sister has also lost 6.5 in four weeks and she is already a stone lighter then me.
My consultant has no words as she knows I am doing everything right. I am just so upset.

Hi everyone I think I might have found my home, I've only just started sw, kept to the diet did all the right things and lost nothing the first week :( next weigh in on Monday, hoping for any amount if weight loss !

Jean

Hi everyone I think I might have found my home, I've only just started sw, kept to the diet did all the right things and lost nothing the first week :( next weigh in on Monday, hoping for any amount if weight loss !

Jean
Welcome to the tortoise team, Jean :wave_cry:

Thanks for the welcome Lesley, I feel very much like a tortoise, but hoping to head in the right direction.

Had 2 days of 100% as well0:) and only 5 syns a day! Feeling so virtuous! Oh and exercised as well0:) 0:) Long may it last:-/

Last edited:
hi jean welcome :D i hope you have a loss next week

latte hugs hun. could it be down to your health issues why you arent losing? i know youve not been well lately, could this be the culprit?

was watching the biggest loser last night and i get so annoyed watching that...the man was disappointed with a 4 pound loss. yes he has wuite a lot to lose but still, 4 pound!! and then turning their noses up at a 2 pound loss, whats that all about? stupid programme i dont know why i watch it it just stresses me out. im FINALLY feeling better after weeks of stupid illness, im left feeling really tired though, went to bed at 10 last night and had to drag myself up at 8 this morning. going to try to have a 100% day today as was a bit too relaxed with it last night. hope everyone else is well

Quite possibly Lou I don't lose properly anyway so on top of everything else I don't think it is helping and my state of mind is rock bottom at the moment.
Welcome to New people this is the thread for hugs and understanding.

My tasks for the week are to re start my diary, go to the gym twice and continue doing weights, count syns properly and cut down where I can.

I am aiming for 5 syns today as I have no idea how many I had in the form of biscuits or chocolate after class last night (

Latte - sorry to hear about that, goodness it is frustrating. So glad I no longer have to hear about the "you have lost 6.5/4.5/2.5 brigade" - I was beginning to hate them!!

I notice you joined around the same time I did and we are still struggling with the same amount of weight loss!

Conlou - I refuse to watch any of those losing weight programme. Since when did overweight people become entertainment for the masses. Sorry but I find the entire concept cruel and voyeuristic, as is the majority of the rubbish they pump out.

For Christmas, someone gave me a mug with some tea bags and in cellophane packet two biscuits. It has sat there since that time, but last night I opened them and ate them. Not worth it as they were actually not that nice!

Funny how having two biscuits for some is considered falling off the wagon!!

WELCOME _ Ms Jean, you are in the right place at the right time with the right people! :}

A very quick moan here. My loved one and I used to share a big bag of Maltesers of a Saturday night and yet since I stopped that it has not made a blind bit of difference so Latte I do understand why you feel it is not worth bothering!

Oh boy, not good results for the tortoise team so far this week, really feel for everybody and can feel the familiar tense gripe in my tummy already - and I don't go until 7.15pm.
I keep trying to analyse the fit of the dress I'm wearing for work, trying to decide if it's looser or tighter.
On a positive note, my Wii isn't working - not sure what's wrong with it - so I haven't been able to hop on and off it, will just have to take what's given tonight.
Re The Biggest Loser, I've always enjoyed it in the past and have been genuinely delighted and emotional at seeing the contestants gradually get smaller and fitter, although I do find it hard once they start to weigh less than me. But have to confess Davina is really getting on my pip with the awful "sympathetic" way she's referring to 2lb losses - I'd kill for a 2lb loss right now. And that lackwit trainer who said "4lb is just not good enough right now", I could've slapped him.
And Gerard and Jessie all shocked and shaken over their 5lb and 4lb respectively - that's 16lb for him in two weeks and 14lb for her in two weeks :mad::mad::mad::mad: what would WE give for THAT???
OK, rant over :eek:

Back