The really slow loss team!

My consultant has no words as she knows I am doing everything right. I am just so upset.

That is EXACTLY what I used to find. When you know you've stuck to plan & the weight doesn't come off the C should be there to give advice, I found after weeks of constant gains for no reason my C was clutching at straws, she ended up saying in front of class that I was doing too much exercise & it was making me gain....about 60mins a week is too much is it....? She couldn't help me anymore so I felt I was wasting my money.

I STS this week. Not shocked as I've had such an afwul week from stress but my jeans have felt SO much looser. Odd.

big hugs to everyone, feel like you all need it, I get weighed tonight but star week so not sure what'll happen, feeling good in myself and in my clothes so hopefully will do ok, xx

Hi everyone I think I might have found my home, I've only just started sw, kept to the diet did all the right things and lost nothing the first week :( next weigh in on Monday, hoping for any amount if weight loss !

Jean

Welcome Jean. You will fit right in here.

Oh, and if it's any comfort to you I actually GAINED my first week on SW - what was that about!!

latte you poor thing, i was going to ask about your diary, lets see if we can help with that. do you mix your days up at all or do you just do the one plan now?

welcome Ms Jean, like annya I gained on my first week but i now realise i took the extra easy option far to literally and "ate way to much extra easily"

acc, 5 syns wont help things hun! you need the syns to boost metabolism and to prevent stalling weight loss *wags finger*

Lesley i wouldnt give anything to be in their shoes!? they have double weight to lose so wouldnt want to be in their shoes at all. lol.

I do think the diary will help a lot.

I was under the impression you csn have between 5 to 15 syns a day,5 syns has been enoughh,tge other 10 woild be a waste, as not hungry

Oh boy, not good results for the tortoise team so far this week, really feel for everybody and can feel the familiar tense gripe in my tummy already - and I don't go until 7.15pm.
I keep trying to analyse the fit of the dress I'm wearing for work, trying to decide if it's looser or tighter.
On a positive note, my Wii isn't working - not sure what's wrong with it - so I haven't been able to hop on and off it, will just have to take what's given tonight.
Re The Biggest Loser, I've always enjoyed it in the past and have been genuinely delighted and emotional at seeing the contestants gradually get smaller and fitter, although I do find it hard once they start to weigh less than me. But have to confess Davina is really getting on my pip with the awful "sympathetic" way she's referring to 2lb losses - I'd kill for a 2lb loss right now. And that lackwit trainer who said "4lb is just not good enough right now", I could've slapped him.
And Gerard and Jessie all shocked and shaken over their 5lb and 4lb respectively - that's 16lb for him in two weeks and 14lb for her in two weeks :mad::mad::mad::mad: what would WE give for THAT???
OK, rant over :eek:

This is precisely why I could not bear to watch them. that plus I can't stand Davina!:eek:

My friend watches them and told me what goes on. Surely very overweight people need to start gently and work up to strenous exercise?

I hate most reality shows though so I am the worst one to comment. Must be my age!! :)

Good luck with your weigh in.

That is EXACTLY what I used to find. When you know you've stuck to plan & the weight doesn't come off the C should be there to give advice, I found after weeks of constant gains for no reason my C was clutching at straws, she ended up saying in front of class that I was doing too much exercise & it was making me gain....about 60mins a week is too much is it....? She couldn't help me anymore so I felt I was wasting my money.

I STS this week. Not shocked as I've had such an afwul week from stress but my jeans have felt SO much looser. Odd.

Yes my consultant was like this. One week I gained 2 lbs and after the inquisition I double checked that Geo Organic Chick Pea and Lentil Dahl was free (from Waitrose - divine!).

She pounced immediately. "Have you been snacking on them" - Hah, that's a laugh. No my son and I have half a tin between us with basmati rice and sometimes mixed with quorn pieces (free!!) and for me salad.

If I am not going to lose, most likely gain or if lucky STS then I don't want to venture out in the freezing cold and sit for 1.5 hours to be told any of those things!

Ooh that bit where she would go round the group and all the ones who lost seemed to be surprised because they had been out and eaten kebabs and got bladdered at the weekend. Not fair!!:mad:

Last edited:
PS. Just wondered if anyone has purchased a Genie/Aah bra?

I received my pack of three yesterday and while they don't have the greatest uplift, the comfort is fabulous - I don't have such a sensation of being enormous when your bra cuts in.

Hardly any back bulge too. I am 34E so quite a booby lady but they don't sag too much.

That's another thing! I thought you were supposed to lose weight from your boobs - mine never seem to go down whatever I weigh.

Anyone else find this?

Nope never heard of them. Yes even when I was a size 10-12 I was a 32DD or E depending

i said that about the biggest loser...surely they are asking for a heart attack, people so over weight to be made to do such strenuous exercise straight away? i think we should write to them and get the tortoise team on hahaha, they would be having near heart attacks at our teeny losses and wed be jumping up and down in joy over a 1 pound loss haha, would make great viewing

my 100% on plan day hasnt gone to plan...had a kit kat (snack sized one) and some white bread again. damn bloody bread. onl;y a tiny bit though but i reckon that about all my syns gone for the day now. on the syns thing you can have anywhere between 5 and 15 a day. some people dont have any all week then have them all on a weekend, which seems to work for them. if i dont have enough i dont lose if i have too many i dont lose...obviously lol, so i try to aim for 10 a day when im being good on plan, this amount seems to keep the balance right but if ive had a heavy binge session i will cut the syns back a little bit for a few days.

ive decided once weve moved at the weekend im going to give success express a whirl again, i feel like i want to get back on plan again now, but its so hard cooking when most of your stuff is packed and you dont have much out, but im starting to feel sluggish and i havent 'been' for 2 days again, which is probably from the days of needing to take co codamol for that virus but still, i need to not use this ove as an excuse to fill my face, i will only regret it...could do with a foot up my arse someone please :D

PS. Just wondered if anyone has purchased a Genie/Aah bra?

I received my pack of three yesterday and while they don't have the greatest uplift, the comfort is fabulous - I don't have such a sensation of being enormous when your bra cuts in.

Hardly any back bulge too. I am 34E so quite a booby lady but they don't sag too much.

That's another thing! I thought you were supposed to lose weight from your boobs - mine never seem to go down whatever I weigh.

Anyone else find this?

im a 34E/F and i really struggle with back fat, what is that all about? i hate it!! i have saggy boobs courtsey of 3 kids...i might check them out

Can I join too? Losing very slowly - in my first week I only last 0.5 pound! 2 other people who joined the same time as me came in for their second week and got their half stone award. I was very disheartened as i followed the plan strictly and did half an hour of exercise a night. I suppose a small loss is better than any sort of gain though!

im a 34E/F and i really struggle with back fat, what is that all about? i hate it!! i have saggy boobs courtsey of 3 kids...i might check them out

Lou if you read the reviews, some people think they are no good for anything above a C cup.

If you go into the Shopping channels they are constantly being advertised. I got mine much cheaper through Amazon, but they seem to be sold out at the moment.

I don't think mine look great even in a supposedly correctly fitting bra, so if it means being comfortable then I would rather have that. I must say they are very very comfortable - like you are not wearing one atall.

I used to sit down at night and have to take mine off they were digging in so much under the ribs. Despite being told I was wearing the correct size, they always dug in.

Pah, to think some people have implants this size, they must be nuts. :rolleyes:

They definitely cut out a lot of the back fat, I have hardly any in this bra, so thats a plus.

Can I join too? Losing very slowly - in my first week I only last 0.5 pound! 2 other people who joined the same time as me came in for their second week and got their half stone award. I was very disheartened as i followed the plan strictly and did half an hour of exercise a night. I suppose a small loss is better than any sort of gain though!

Hi Jen, that must have been so disappointing for you.

Welcome and let's hope you get some progress here very soon. :)

Afternoon all, huge hugs to all of you :hug99:

I had my weigh in this morning and lost 2lbs i am so happy but so shocked as well!! I ate loads of superfree foods last week and even had some foody syns (previously i had been drinking syns in wine but now have discovered ww wine!!) so fingers crossed i have cracked this weight loss thing but i doubt it lol!!

Jen I only lost 05lb on my first weigh in and i was genuinely gutted but please stick with it, we all loose weight at different speeds i have friends who the weight is falling off them but i try and try not to compare myself with them (it is very difficult though!)

Good luck with the wi's everyone xxx

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I do feel at home here, many of your stories sound familiar. I hope you all manage to loose something when you get on the scales, must confess to being anxious about being weighed even though it's not till Monday! Have been good so far This week, but it's hard, have found writing everything I eat down helpful.

Ooh that bit where she would go round the group and all the ones who lost seemed to be surprised because they had been out and eaten kebabs and got bladdered at the weekend. Not fair!!:mad:

That right there is the exact reason I left group. Too many had great losses every single week even though they'd pigged out. Not fair at all!

Anyone else find this?

I blimmin' hope not! I'm only a B, and only just! I think you've got my share ;)

i had a look at those bras and whilst they look ok on the model with a small very perky chest i think my boobs will more than likely make a break for it out the bottom and attack my kneecaps. i need scaffolding im afraid...oh well back to the back fat! its my back fat that keeps me motivated to lose weight tbh, i despise it. i always had a lovely back, really toned and trim despite being a size 12-14 but since having the 2 girls close together it is very flabby and gross. i am looking forward to getting back to the gym tbh. i have the kids in nursery and creche tomorrow but i dont even know where my gym kit is...i am surrounded by boxes as we speak and everything is packed in boxes and bags, so im going to have to put it on hold until next week when we got unpacked again, and not feel guilty about it, its just one week and it cant be helped. just sat snacking on satsumas and have a soup to snack on later...i WILL be good!!

Back