The really slow loss team!

All that lifting and carrying of bags and boxes will do your back and shoulder muscles the world of good Lou- you are getting a work out, just not in the gym :)

PS. Just wondered if anyone has purchased a Genie/Aah bra?

I received my pack of three yesterday and while they don't have the greatest uplift, the comfort is fabulous - I don't have such a sensation of being enormous when your bra cuts in.

Hardly any back bulge too. I am 34E so quite a booby lady but they don't sag too much.

That's another thing! I thought you were supposed to lose weight from your boobs - mine never seem to go down whatever I weigh.

Anyone else find this?

I have a Genie bra - by far the most comfy bra I have :)

I'm a 36EE, but at 53 my boobies are not what they used to be (hubby reckons they still look good though ;)) so I find it lacks in the support department - especially if I have to break out into a run :eek: - I'd end up with two black eyes if I wore it for exercise!!!

I am lucky in that I have virtually no back fat all (plenty everywhere else though) just a wee bit by my armpits which is slowly disappering with the 5kg hand weights I use when I do my Zumba dvd now. My poor niece, who is only 24, has rolls all down her back even though she is really not very fat anywhere else and she HATES it :(

Oh, and I don't really lose much off my boobies either - if I get back down to target I'll still be a 36E so only one cup size down for a 20lbs weight loss.

Ahhh Minimins. If we're not talking about poo or periods, we're talking about bras. I love this place. Gentlemen, beware!

I also have the same problem as (can't remember who it was... Latte? Pomette? Flabulous?) with my bra. No matter how many times I get sized in how many shops with how many different styles I always end up in agony when sitting down watching tv at night or in the cinema. Bra off time is met with a massive "aaahhhhhh". I'm a 32-36 D-E so god knows what size that is. I've been sized 4 times in one day before now and they were all different!
Seen the aaahh bras, thought about it then just bought a wonderbra sports bra. Doesn't matter in this weather what it looks like and best thing I ever bought bra wise.

I still have my back boobs, they were a massive reason why I joined in the first place. They are on their way out though, hopefully. I was born with 3 nipples as it is, the last thing I want is tits on my back!!!

Hi all, I'm back with a little half off :)
We're on boobies now are we? I'm a 38DD to 40E depending on which bra I'm wearing .... To be honest, the 40E looks better on and gives great support and cleavage. I'm a great believer in hoisting them up and wearing something with a deep v neckline when I'm feeling particularly fat as it pretty much guarantees that nobody looks anywhere else but there and so misses the fat bits :D

Well done Lesley. Looks like you could be on for the 2 lbs in a month challenge. :)

I shall weigh on Sunday and report back then.

I had the greatest laugh tonight. Got my loved one to join me doing the walking dvd. It's not just walking, but you do a few kicks and side moves and hand raises but it is great fun'

Best thing about it is you need very little room.

hels, that made me burst out laughing!!! tits on your back...love it!! i do have tits on my back, my back fat is hurrendous, i wouldnt mind but i have lost almost 2 and a half stone and am only 10 pound away from my healthy bmi range yet i still have back fat? so unfair!! i have found my boobs dont shrink much until i hit 10 and a half stone, then they seem to suddenly shrink 2 cup sizes its weird...its happened 3 times now!

Well back from chilly Britain after a fabby meet up with some of my Minis mates!

The naughty days from 10 days ago finally caught up with me, as did the 6 days in the UK so . . .

I gained 1¼ lbs. At least I'm off the norty step,
Now back at 2 lbs off target. Grrrr

Not had a chance to catch up yet - will do so tomorrow.

Hi everyone, well done on your weight loss Lesley, I took the plunge and got on the scales, weigh ins not till Monday but as I was dreading it so much thought I would get on them and see how I was doing, wasn't expecting a huge pound weight loss or anything more (but one can hope), just a bit or even stay the same but No Horror put on Half a pound!!!!!why oh why and more to the point how?

Jean

Starting weight 14 st 11lbs
Week One 14st 11 lbs
Week Two (probably be gaining weight the way I'm going! Lol)

went for my WI last night and had lost 3.5 pound! was very happy :) still going to stay in this group though as this week I am going out for dinner 5 times this week :eek: going to try to be good but i have a feeling no matter how good I am there still might be a little gain next week lol

Hi everyone, well done on your weight loss Lesley, I took the plunge and got on the scales, weigh ins not till Monday but as I was dreading it so much thought I would get on them and see how I was doing, wasn't expecting a huge pound weight loss or anything more (but one can hope), just a bit or even stay the same but No Horror put on Half a pound!!!!!why oh why and more to the point how?

Jean

Starting weight 14 st 11lbs
Week One 14st 11 lbs
Week Two (probably be gaining weight the way I'm going! Lol)

Big hugs - so frustrating :mad:

went for my WI last night and had lost 3.5 pound! was very happy :) still going to stay in this group though as this week I am going out for dinner 5 times this week :eek: going to try to be good but i have a feeling no matter how good I am there still might be a little gain next week lol

That's a great loss and yes, you must stay - some of us here do have the occasional good result. But this does mean the naughty step for you, as you've lost more than 1lb. Off you go, please ...

jean...dont take the result of your scales please, they are different scales, you have weighed on a different day at a different time, probably wearing different clothes. disregard it and try not to dwell. i have done this just about ever week since i started sw and my scales never match those of sw scales and i either think ive lost big when i havent or i think ive gained big when i havent. my son broke my scales which led to all kinds of panicky moments, but now ive gotten used to not weighing myself 100 times a day i feel liberated and a bit calmer about it all. my advice...put the scales away and forget about it until weigh day, just do the best you can and eat stuff that is 'allowed' and dont cheat on the plan and hopefully your efforts will pay off. youve only just started on this diet, so if you have gained next week chances are it maybe just needs tweaking a little bit...weve all been there. why dont you start a food diary on here then people can look and help if your slipping up anywhere xx

jen- well done!!!

well i actually had breakfast today for the first time in weeks, and it was slimming world friendly. i didnt do my usual snack fest last night as i have had this stupid headache since yesterday morning, i thikn its stress with moving or something. i am considering taking myself to the vet to be put down.

also...welcome back pom!!! ive missed youuuuuuu!!!!

x

you will get detention for that loss!!!! well done but do not do as well next week...you hear??? (joke)

Finally caughgt up! Phew. Only 7 pages to read! You talk too much.

Boobies, tell me about them!

After the first 28 lbs there was no absolutely reduction in size even though 4" went off me bum! In total I've now lost 65½ lbs with a mere 4" off the boobs but 10" off hips. So I'm another one that manages to keep big boobs. Now shrunk to a mere 36E.

And men !!! How do they lose so much?

When I started SW over 5 years ago my Hubby weighed in at 11:3 BMI = 23.8, size 32" jeans. So not overweight. First time round he lost 9 lbs without blumin' trying and just by eating the same food as me. Still drinking loads of wine.

This time round he's only lost 8 lbs in the last 12 months and now weighs 10st on the nose, with his BMI at 21.3 and now takes a size 30" jeans.

I HATE MEN ! :cry:

Welcome to all you lovely new ladies. It's nice to have some new friends on the tortoise team.

Now to the rules.

If you lose more than 1 lb you head off to the naughty step.

More than 2 lbs and you have to pay for the party there (x_Jen_x get your purse out and pay for a round of drinks. Oooh should be nice and cheap as there's only you there I think :cry:)

Lose more than a pound 2 weeks in a row and not only are you on the naughty step but you get lines as well.

Do it 3 weeks in a row - err well it's never happened yet so haven't worked out what to punish people with yet.

And our February Challenge is to lose just ½lb a week and lose 2 lbs in the month.

A few of us are off to a good start - me with my 1¼ gain for one!!! :wave_cry:

LisaC - I am so sorry about your lovely cat. I am a huge cat lover - as you can tell from my avatar of my 2 girls - and have had cats since I was a tiny 2 year old and now couldn't live without them! I always cry buckets when one leaves me.
My old lady, that I left in the UK with friends when we came to Spain, died last year aged 23 and I was inconsolable for days. So I really do feel your pain.

Flabulous - don't you dare give up chica. OK stop going to group as your SWC sounds like a real ****** but you can do this on your own and with us here to give you :hug99: or these too :whoopass: as and when required.
There may be something though that is causing you to bloat hun and not lose weight. With me it's processed carbs so I really can't eat pasta, bread etc etc but I'm okay with spuds and rice. I know your C has probably looked at your diaries but probably only from a perspective of what and how much you've eaten. It may be worth looking through them again and see if you can spot any pattern.
I feel your pain chica so have lots of these at the mo :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Thanks for the rules, made me laugh, I don't think there's going to be any problem with me loosing loads!
Lou thanks for the advice, will bore you all to death with my food plan if I make no progress on weigh in on Monday. Would love to blame scales but weigh in at home, naked so no excuse from weight of different clothes, but the sight in the mirror makes me carry on lol.
I'm a great cat lover, currently have a massive black and White one on my lap, she's also on a diet and doing as well as me, loosing nothing! My other cat, a ginger stray that has adopted us is a perfect weight but then he is a male and as previously discussed Males have this amazing ability to loss tons without even trying my hubby started dieting same day as me and has lost 6 yes 6 pounds!

One of our cats is ill at the moment and I am really worried about her. The vet doesn't know what is wrong with her and she is now off her food. She might need a food drip tomorrow to get some nutrition into her ( .
Foodwise I am doing ok and starting my diary again has helped.

Back