The really slow loss team!

Hi hun, you get 10 to 15 a day LOL, don't panic. As they say, tomorrow is a new day, just follow the plan religiously until Wednesday, keep doing your exercise, be positive, and if you do have a weight gain you start anew from Thursday. You're going to be just fine. ;-)

Pommette said:
greedyguts1980 - can't advise on the scan bran front as I've never had them, but they do say they work wonders.

If you stick to lots of fruit and veggies you should be fine. If you've any 0% yoghurt lurking have some of that too with breaky. It works wonders for me.

Fingers crossed chica.

Will give the yogurt and scan bran a go and the green tea!! Exercise of course. I weigh in on tues 6pm will be running before I go so fingers crossed xxx

greedyguts1980 said:
Will give the yogurt and scan bran a go and the green tea!! Exercise of course. I weigh in on tues 6pm will be running before I go so fingers crossed xxx

If you're eating scan bran, over compensate with water. Buckets and buckets of it. It should help. Good luck.

Thanks HelsAngel :) I drink lots of water at work to avoid coffee!!

Hooray! Jump round the room! Lost one whole pound:):):)
Only 69 more pounds to go!

Start Date Jan 30th * * *14 st 11 lbs
Target 70 lbs in 60 weeks

Week One 14 st 11 lbs * * *Lost 0
70 lbs in 59 weeks*
Week Two 14 st 10 lbs * * *Lost 1 lb
69 lbs in 58 weeks Total Lost 1 lb

I'm slow at loosing On the scales but this time I decided to do measurements I don't usually and it's helped I always say the scales my enemy but I've lost a whole load of inches and it boosts you when you feel a bit downhearted x good luck and happy dieting x

Well done loooosers!

I worked hard on it this week and 2.2 lb off! So, from gainers step to naughty. Yeah!
Really really want to keep that off for next week. Black coffee and pineapple for my snacks!!!
Xx

Scan bran....... :yuk: :sign0137: :9529:another thing that is supposed to aid weight loss (probably not in my case though) that I really cannot stomach. It is VILE and only good for making ginger cake as far as I'm concerned!

Well done to all you losers so far this week - come and join the party on the naughty step... I have my purse ready to buy you all a drink! I very much doubt I will be there after Friday morning though as I did have a rather good weekend away, but well worth it and life does have to go on, despite the diet :rolleyes:

I realise I'm in the minority here but I LOVE scan bran! I had it with cottage cheese. Mmmm! I did the SB challenge, 5 a day for a week or something & I lost.....zip! I dranks loads & tried it another week & still nothing. I do like it though.

Well I will not be losing this week, quite the contrary. After a stressful week where I found I couldn't eat I've well & truly made up for it. Popcorn, chocolate (lots of it!), chocolate pretzels, cake.....I really deserve a gain & I think it will be a big one. I felt so stressed & rubbish & when I feel like that I just don't care. I WI Wednesday but I may skip this week, I know it won't be good so even if I draw a line under it today it still won't be good.

I like scan bran as well but it does nothing for my weight loss. I have never tried making cake with it.

I like scan bran as well but it does nothing for my weight loss. I have never tried making cake with it.

I made one of the chocolate cakes that cooks in the microwave, have to say it was tasty! It was so low syn I ate it....all! Very quickly too :eek:

I'm another one who loves scan bran, but it don't help with my loss! I love it crumbled up and pour hot milk over it.:)
I also have it in trifle, use it in the jelly instead of sponge fingers.
Hubby went fishing last night and caught a cod, so had fresh cod for tea tonight, and it also had roe inside , so i've boiled that up and were having it tomorrow.
Weigh in tomorrow at 5pm, i'm feeling very positive, feeling slimmer this week, lol usually when i feel like this i gain.
Went pub Saturday and had loads of compliments, people saying how much weight i have lost, i haven;t lost much but gone down from 22/24 down to 16/18 :flirt2:had one bloke give me a hug n he said how he can get his arms all the way round me with inches to spare hahaha, and how he wanted to put me in his pocket n take me home!!! :D

Great thread

Well wht a fab thread folks I too am another real slow weight looser. I have lost 1lb-1.5lbs ever week and yes i agree a loss is a loss. However im following the plan to a tea, not necessarilly eating all syns every day and working hard in the gym doing on average three - fours hours a week.
I have to ask myself where am i going wrong?????
HELP!!!!!!!
Claire

Well wht a fab thread folks I too am another real slow weight looser. I have lost 1lb-1.5lbs ever week and yes i agree a loss is a loss. However im following the plan to a tea, not necessarilly eating all syns every day and working hard in the gym doing on average three - fours hours a week.
I have to ask myself where am i going wrong?????
HELP!!!!!!!
Claire
Welcome, Claire, but I think you'll be spending a lot of time buying rounds on the naughty step with losses like those :D

Pommette said:
Welcome to all you lovely new ladies. It's nice to have some new friends on the tortoise team.

Now to the rules.

If you lose more than 1 lb you head off to the naughty step.

More than 2 lbs and you have to pay for the party there (x_Jen_x get your purse out and pay for a round of drinks. Oooh should be nice and cheap as there's only you there I think :cry:)

Lose more than a pound 2 weeks in a row and not only are you on the naughty step but you get lines as well.

Do it 3 weeks in a row - err well it's never happened yet so haven't worked out what to punish people with yet.

And our February Challenge is to lose just ½lb a week and lose 2 lbs in the month.

A few of us are off to a good start - me with my 1¼ gain for one!!! :wave_cry:

This might help. X

Claire when you lose anything over 1lb, you party on the naughty step :)

I realise I'm in the minority here but I LOVE scan bran! I had it with cottage cheese. Mmmm! I did the SB challenge, 5 a day for a week or something & I lost.....zip! I dranks loads & tried it another week & still nothing. I do like it though.
:8855: I think you are definitely in a minority Lisa! I'm told they are foul :yuk:
But it would seem that KimB(sw) and Latte seem to be with you!

Last edited:
Woo hoo to you all you losers, and :hug99: if you haven't!

And :welcome: to some :newbie:s too! Nice to have you with us.

Blumin' freezin' here in Spain. Even contemplated weighing with clothes on!

But I stripped off and I've gained ¼ lb since last WI (well actually 100g).
Not unhappy with that as it's hardly worth worrying about and as I haven't "been" today that could also account for it!

So now 2¼ lbs off new target.
I'm maintaining round my old interim target and have been since the end of November apart from the big xmas gain!

So I'm a happy bunny really! :D

Back