The really slow loss team!

WG well done on your loss, i know it isnt the amount you want or probably deserve but every tiny bit down helps. thanks for the advice, i will try to concentrate on just today....1 day cant hurt right? i have put my soup on ready for an early lunch, its all free so i can just eat it without worrying. going to look through the recipes i was very kindly sent and try find something to do with this chicken for tea. good luck with your running and cycling, ive made an appointment with myself to go to the gym tomorrow night when i would normally go to group, exercise is vital to my weight loss too, i dont lose much without it.

Morning ladies!

I've only just been able to read through the last page of posts, boy it sounds like a lot of us are struggling right now, to be honest I'm glad it's not just me. I need a serious kick up the bum! I said a couple of weeks back I'd been utterly stressed & upset about my cat & couldn't eat, well I've made up for it. For every single day he was in the vet (8 in total) I ate rubbish, and I don't mean oversynning a little, I ate absolute rubbish. Chocolates, crisps, popcorn, flapjacks (from Jempsons which are delish btw) & its like I can't stop. I sometimes get in this mood where I know I want to be naughty & if I try to stick to plan I get so frustrated & end up almost binging anyway, does anyone else get like this?? Last Thurs I got back into SW which lasted 2 days & I've gone to pot again, I just ate a triple choc giant cookie while reading all your posts. How sad am I? :eek: I know sometimes its good to have a bit of what you want as long as you don't regret it-thing is I don't regret it right now, I'm all too familiar with this mood I'm in :( but its affecting the scales. I didn't bother to weigh last week & I don't see the point this week either. I'm not sure how to snap out of it!!! :(

Flabulous - A few years back I ordered the official Diet Plate/Bowl. If they're similar to what you've got they're pretty good as they give you a good idea of what to have. Only thing I found is when I started SW I didn't weigh my cereal, I went by the line on the Diet Bowl & after a few weeks I realised my cereal actually measured almost 50g instead of the 28g! If you're going to combine it with SW still weigh as you would normally but I think the plate is pretty accurate. Let us know how you get on with it :)

lisac you just described exactly how i have been of late. i just dont care enough, i dont want to be this size but not sure i care enough to do anything about it. i know what triggered it..it was that damn awful * week i had, then illness, then moving and ive getten in the mode of making excuses as to why i cant do it..when truthfully the only real reason i cant is because my head isnt in it at all. BUT i have made the most delicious soup/stew from my left over chicken and veg last night, and put beans and tomatoes in it along with chilli and other herbs and spices and its so delicious and totally free. i will be eating this today to try get back on track, and i must admit its far tastier than a bag of crisps any day. hope you get your mojo back soon hun x

lisac you just described exactly how i have been of late. i just dont care enough, i dont want to be this size but not sure i care enough to do anything about it. i know what triggered it..it was that damn awful * week i had, then illness, then moving and ive getten in the mode of making excuses as to why i cant do it..when truthfully the only real reason i cant is because my head isnt in it at all. BUT i have made the most delicious soup/stew from my left over chicken and veg last night, and put beans and tomatoes in it along with chilli and other herbs and spices and its so delicious and totally free. i will be eating this today to try get back on track, and i must admit its far tastier than a bag of crisps any day. hope you get your mojo back soon hun x

Isn't it strange we're both like it! Glad to say though we haven't overindulged for no reason, there's been triggers. Stress is a killer!! :( Must admit when I got back into SW (all for 2 days) I did feel better, I do love eating salad & nice food. But I've enjoyed so many treats it's as if I can't stop. Is it possible to have become a chocaholic in 2 weeks? I've never been this bad! :eek:

Hugs to everyone struggling at the moment.

If anyone finds their mojo, can you see if mine is hiding with it and send it back please.

I wonder if we should set ourselves a team task of actually trying to stick to plan? Next time I weigh, no doubt I'll seriously regret everything I've eaten!

I,m on my lunch hour. It's been bugging me all morning that I said my plates were made from formica! No, what I meant to say was melaware.

Lisa yes I will still weigh my portions as I can see you could probably get 100g stuffed into the bowls if you were greedy. ;):eek:

Woodland girl said:
Hi all! Good to see you all here. Conlou, when I lost my mojo I just planned one good day, and it worked so I just had one more good day, and now 2 weeks later I shall have more good days! One day at a time.
Well. Lost 0.2 this week. Sigh. Taking up running again with my cycling , it seemed to help weight loss before!

Woodland Girl, I'm into running too!! But plagued with sore knees, then sore back now sore ankle. I'm doing a Half Marathon programme so trying to stick to it. Gotta do 6 miles today alternating a fast mile with a slow mile. Argh!! Way too windy so gonna go to the gym. How far do you usually run? I'm averaging about 18 miles a week. Xxx

conlou1 said:
WG well done on your loss, i know it isnt the amount you want or probably deserve but every tiny bit down helps. thanks for the advice, i will try to concentrate on just today....1 day cant hurt right? i have put my soup on ready for an early lunch, its all free so i can just eat it without worrying. going to look through the recipes i was very kindly sent and try find something to do with this chicken for tea. good luck with your running and cycling, ive made an appointment with myself to go to the gym tomorrow night when i would normally go to group, exercise is vital to my weight loss too, i dont lose much without it.

Hi Lou, what kind of stuff do you do at the gym? Xxx

LisaC said:
I wonder if we should set ourselves a team task of actually trying to stick to plan? Next time I weigh, no doubt I'll seriously regret everything I've eaten!

I'd be up for that. There is a honk if you're 100% group. Get organising :) its an incentive. A daily Target rather than a great big out of reach target xxx

Ok, I'm thinking those who are up for it should be realistic which to me means take it day by day, aim to stick to plan. I think we should put on here everyday how we are doing & be 100% truthful about whether we've stuck to plan or strayed.

I'm proud of that fact that I know in the past I can say that I have done it 100% & should lose every week but I know for the last 2 weeks I deserve big gains. I feel if you're in it 100% we should get results, even if it's just feeling good/better in ourselves.

Ok, I'm thinking those who are up for it should be realistic which to me means take it day by day, aim to stick to plan. I think we should put on here everyday how we are doing & be 100% truthful about whether we've stuck to plan or strayed. QUOTE]

I'm up for it.

Great!! Anyone else want in?

I'm going to attempt to start over from tomorrow, you know when you eat so much bad that you feel ugh....that's how I feel right now so tomorrow sounds good to me.

My goal will be to stick to my syns & use them wisely. If I want chocolate I'll use 6 on a curly wurly instead of the 34 syns I've eaten today in maltesers :(

greedyguts1980 said:
Woodland Girl, I'm into running too!! But plagued with sore knees, then sore back now sore ankle. I'm doing a Half Marathon programme so trying to stick to it. Gotta do 6 miles today alternating a fast mile with a slow mile. Argh!! Way too windy so gonna go to the gym. How far do you usually run? I'm averaging about 18 miles a week. Xxx

Wow GG that is a lot! I run very little, my knee doesn't like it too much, more cycling for me! But going to do the c 2 5 k again as I enjoyed it. Well done you, are you on the the thread called I shall run 100 miles?

Hi Lou, what kind of stuff do you do at the gym? Xxx

hey hun, i have a programme and i do 5 mins warm up on the bike (but also fast walk for 15 minutes to actually get to the gym) then straight on the treadmill and do rolling hills on level 10...fast walking for 40 seconds and running for 20 and i do that for 15 minutes (by 6 minutes i want to die), then straight off there on the bike for interval training (i love the bike but this kills me) for 10 minutes, straight off there and on the rower for 5 minutes and i have to keep my speed at a certain rate, then after that i do weights concentrating on my arms as this was the area i most wanted to concentrate on..i did it for 2 weeks, 3 times a week and lost 7 inches i think it was. i feel great when ive been but i do have to seriusly force myself round, which is probably why i arent in a rush to go, i do find it hard.

im up for a daily challenge, to just concentrate on what weve done each day, not food diaries or anything obviously cos theres a seperate place for that but just to check in and say whether weve been on plan or not that day and to be totally honest, cos sometimes i look back over a week and think ive been good but really i have forgotten about bits ive had that adding them all together equal to a lot of calories.

Ok, I'm thinking those who are up for it should be realistic which to me means take it day by day, aim to stick to plan. I think we should put on here everyday how we are doing & be 100% truthful about whether we've stuck to plan or strayed.
When I'm REALLY struggling day-by-day sometimes seems too much. So I just take one meal at a time.

Portion control is key. Even on SW.

Yes you can can eat as much as you like . . . but only until full. Recognising when you're full can be a tad tricky at times.

One tip I was given a long time ago was to have a bowl of free soup or a big glass of water and then wait 30 minutes before having anything else to eat. It takes our brain about this time to catch up with the full signals. It works really well for me.

The scales were nice to me all last week and I'd lost a little bit up to Sunday morning and I was on for about a 1 lb loss.

But they showed a silly number this morning but as I'd been ill all yesterday, didn't eat anything and then spent all night in the loo it's only to be expected.

What's also to be expected is that I'll put a load back on once I eat something. So I'll weight again on Wednesday when things will be back to normal!

Just put a ginormous piece of gammon in the oven that was supposed to be for Sunday lunch and I just couldn't face cooking. Well it's cooking now but I still don't know whether I can face eating yet.

Last edited:
Hope you feel better soon Pom x
Thanks WG. Just had 2 tins of fat coke to try and get some sugar and calories back into the system as I still can't face food.

I was told many years ago that this was a great hangover cure but it also works for me when I have an off tummy.

7 syns per tin though!!!! Still got SW head on even when I feel yuk!

Pommette said:
Thanks WG. Just had 2 tins of fat coke to try and get some sugar and calories back into the system as I still can't face food.

I was told many years ago that this was a great hangover cure but it also works for me when I have an off tummy.

7 syns per tin though!!!! Still got SW head on even when I feel yuk!

Poor Pom :-(

Get well soon Hun xx

Back