The really slow loss team!

Crazy isn't it. But I've been off plan two weeks & I've eaten silly things every one of those days so its deserved!

oh latte, you poor thing :( have you had your thyroid etc tested? if your sticking to plan 100% and not losing and gaining when you really shouldnt be then i think your next port of call is doctors and see if they can help. i know youve had health problems, but im not sure exactly what, but would it be something that affected weight loss? is it something that restricts how much exercise you can do? i think sometimes even if you stick to plan it doesnt work unless you increase exercise a bit, even just walking but like i say i know youve said youve had health problems so wasnt sure where you stood with that. i will go have a look at your diary now to see if i can help. big hug hun :( ive been in that place many times before where you just feel so down about it and its not a nice place to be. oh and i lost my christmas weight then put some of it back on again, your not alone hun

lisa-hugs for you too, lets hope most of that 6 pound is water weight hun. well done for keeping a positive mental attitude and getting back on plan

i was 100% yesterday, really proud of myself. did a green day and boy am i paying for all those beans today haha!! went to the gym and did my programme and extra!!! im going tonight too, then saturday as they are the only days i can go now. not sure what day to have today yet. maybe red. i had my hexb's left last night and would normally have skipped out on having them but i realsied this is just as much cheating on plan as having extra syns..i am doing a week of following it exactly to the letter, i had 11 and a half syns and am going to have around that amount each day and just see how i get on, i normally skip healthy extras if i dont fele hungry and skrimp on syns, then splurge at the weekend and i think this is where im going wrong, healthy extras are in the plan for a reason, if skipping them helped weight loss then they wouldnt be in there...given myself a damn good talking to, so well just see what the scales say next week!! hopefully theyll be kind :)

latte- i have looked at your diary and posted where i think you may be slipping up a little, hope you dont mind? im not picking, just want to help as sometimes a fresh pair of eyes can see things that you cant. personally i dont think your eating enough of the right things, compared to my food diary on weeks ive lost it looks very bare. alos you had a hurrendous week with your cat and did go off track a bit, then had a meal out which you was unable to syn..i dont think 0.5 gain is too bad hunni considering the awful week you had (not food wise, i men with your poor cat),and youd lost a pound the week previous..try to draw a line under it hunni and just aim for one meal at a time. were all here for you, try not to be so hard on yourself, hugs xxx

Thank Lou much appreciated I have replied x

I am afraid of eating more but maybe that is it I am not eating enough ?

Yes I saw my Dr the other week and had my yearly blood tests done which includes thyroid, complete hormone profile, white/ red blood cells, blood sugar levels, menopause, liver profile for the metformin and a couple of others and all clear .

He just said some people struggle and some people don't and he was sorry I was one of the strugglers.

Gym wise I am allowed to go I just have to be careful and I can't walk for long so I have had to give up my daily lunchtime walks.

i was 100% yesterday, really proud of myself. did a green day and boy am i paying for all those beans today haha!! went to the gym and did my programme and extra!!! im going tonight too, then saturday as they are the only days i can go now. not sure what day to have today yet. maybe red. i had my hexb's left last night and would normally have skipped out on having them but i realsied this is just as much cheating on plan as having extra syns..i am doing a week of following it exactly to the letter, i had 11 and a half syns and am going to have around that amount each day and just see how i get on, i normally skip healthy extras if i dont fele hungry and skrimp on syns, then splurge at the weekend and i think this is where im going wrong, healthy extras are in the plan for a reason, if skipping them helped weight loss then they wouldnt be in there...given myself a damn good talking to, so well just see what the scales say next week!! hopefully theyll be kind :)

Everyone says you have 105 syns so use them whenever & however you want (I prefer mine day to day) but with the HEXA & HEXB I would say don't use them if you don't want to but try to include them if you can, the extra fibre will definitely be a bonus.

Thank Lou much appreciated I have replied x

I am afraid of eating more but maybe that is it I am not eating enough ?

Yes I saw my Dr the other week and had my yearly blood tests done which includes thyroid, complete hormone profile, white/ red blood cells, blood sugar levels, menopause, liver profile for the metformin and a couple of others and all clear .

He just said some people struggle and some people don't and he was sorry I was one of the strugglers.

Gym wise I am allowed to go I just have to be careful and I can't walk for long so I have had to give up my daily lunchtime walks.

I agree that some do struggle in general but I believe there must be an underlying cause. I had my thyroid checked out a few years back as I was sure that was what was stopping my weightloss but it too came back ok.

Do you suffer from any hormone related issues? I've had problems since I was 17 & I'm almost 100% that is why I don't lose weight well, no Dr has ever confirmed it but I suppose they'd be guessing.

My old C often used to say that people didn't lose if they didn't eat enough. Do you find youself getting hungry or peckish & choosing not to eat?

Exactly the same problems as you LisaC I forgot to pm.you that stuff but I am on my phone

I have PCOS , endometriosis and now pelvic congestion. I am on metformin and I am probably insulin resistant as well

Exactly the same problems as you LisaC I forgot to pm.you that stuff but I am on my phone

I have PCOS , endometriosis and now pelvic congestion. I am on metformin and I am probably insulin resistant as well
I've just had a quick look and posted too Latte.

What I also said is this

I think all of us who have, or have had, some form of gynae issues really struggle to lose weight. Hormones screw up our metabolism which screws up our weight loss ability.

So it's going to be tough, and it's undoubtedly going to be slow, but you CAN find a way to do this hun. Just keep persevering - it took me over 2¼ years of real dieting (spread out over 5½ long years) to lose this blumin' flubber but I have got there.

Of course I completely forgot what we mentioned last week! You're the only person I've ever known to suffer from the exact same things as me. I've been having acupuncture to see if it can help anything, I mentioned to the therapist last week I do SW & struggle & she said hormone imbalance can have a hugely negative effect on weightloss. I think it means we have to work 10 times as hard as the average person. I know thats easier said than done when we give 100% week after week & still don't see good results.

Latte does your Dr think the things you are trying could have any good effect on your weight as well as the actual problems??

I'm about to finish 6 months of being on provera (I've been on it 3-6 months a few times) so maybe not having that extra hormone in my system will make a difference....I just don't know!

So ... back we come to the blimmin' hormones again :mad: I'm coming back as a man, I mean it.
Got WI in just over three hours and because I know I've sailed right off plan I'm not looking forward to it at all. Bah.

Big hugs to all my fellow tortoises who haven't had the results they want/need/deserve through no fault of their own and hugs to us who now have to face up to their weakness with a gain on the scales - despite the fact that most of our fellow class members will have been troughing on kebab and chips with oodles of alcohol and still announcing a 4lb loss :mad:

And can I just say - it's half term for us and I went home from work to have lunch with my son, stopping at the chippy on the way to get him chips and sausage. God, the smell was driving me insane. And I still got just one portion and had my planned chilli for lunch.

Hi Latte

I just had to commiserate with you as I think we seem to be sharing an almost identical tortuous (!) weight struggle.

I tried to do a link for this book but it did not work. So I got this book from Amazon.

Hypothyroidism Type 2 by Mark Starr.

I so much wanted to have something to blame for my sluggish body and indeed I seem to have virtually all the symptoms of a low functioning thyroid.

It seems that the blood test level range is quite rigid and many people fall just below, so they never get any kind of treatment.

There are also some supplements which can help but this would be for people to decide and talk to their doctor. When I rang for my results was just told "No further action required" so I knew I was going to have to help myself.

The book explains it so much better than I ever could and you can find out lots on the net too without ever buying it.

He does believe though, that many many of us are suffering this low function and it is responsible for so many of the ailments we are diagnosed with.

I am sorry that you are feeling so low, it is frustrating.

I mean I put on 2 lbs following SW 100% BUT I also put on 2 lbs by eating quite a lot off plan last week - 2 meals out, sweets, naughty cakes etc. It just does not make sense!!:sigh::sigh::sigh:

You are not alone my dear, just remember that.

Last edited:
LisaC

I imagine my consultant is a little relieved I am no longer there to put a spanner in the SW works!

It must be frustrating when they come across an authentic tortoise who just will not fit the picture of SWorld.

I still love the plan, love the healthiness of it, but it's not a panacea for all people - it is so hard to be the odd one out and I know just how Latte feels.

Latte said:
I am still feeling really down about my weight gain. Where am I going wrong as I honestly can't see how.

Everyone else seems to find it easy and I think I am the only one not to have lost my Christmas weight.

All the new January starters have already lost their half stone and some a stone.

I can't eat any less and I am afraid to eat more.

I am eating out at Zizzi on Thursday and going out for an Indian on Saturday not drinking either night. Will that mean a 2lb gain next week ?

Latte,I've not lost all of my xmas gain and have been faffing about,so I took extreme(lol) measures nd am giving ww ago.I felt exactly as you are now and am hopinf a change will give me a boost.Don't give up keep on going:) you will find your mojo again!!!

oh big hugs everyone.. were due a good loss week arent we? lets hope next week we all have fantastic losses and party on the naughty step together..pom, now you have reached target do you get free passes to any step you like? :) i thikn you should prep that naughty step if you do cos we WILL all be on it next week :D

having a good day so far, having an extra easy day today, meant to be going to the gym but baby had me awake most of the night last night and i simply cant be bothered, im tired and want to get in my pj's and dressing gown, i will possibly be able to fit in a session friday, im going to go for a long walk tomorrow to compensate.

Just checking in.

Day 2 of 100% day by day.

I have done 100%

5.5 syns.

I have to go to a meeting tonight so will make sure I only have a cup of tea and forgo any biccies.

Take care all. :)

Hopefully we'll all make it to the naughty step. I've had a good day today - all my hex's, at least 1/3 superfree with each meal, no snacks, 8 syns used and feeling good about my eating and resisted chocolate at the garage and chicken and chips at lunch time.

Hope everyone else is having a good day and hugs to those who are having a rough time with their bodies.

It was 1 on. Well deserved I thought until I heard the squeals of the "I've had 2 pies too" from the next one. How Di they do that?

Last edited:
It can be so annoying. When you work so hard for every half pound and there's people have several takeaways and still losing 2-3lbs.

Back