The really slow loss team!

jean, dont cut down too much hun, pom posted a fab link with all info about the plan and it was an eye opener for me apparently a full weeks worth of syns (105, 15 per day) only equates to 2000 and something calories, it takes a deficit of 3,500 to lose just a pound, so cutting out syns even completely wont even lose you a pound and they are an important part of keeping the metabolism going. i dont tend to have the full 15 but try to have around 10 a day, i cut them right down weeks ago and did success express along side and i lost just a pound...i literally lived on fruit and veg all week and was convinced i would have lost at least 2 pound...but i lost more on a week where i had the max allowance of syns. its a bit of a minefield at times isnt it? go back and read the links pom put on theyre really really helpful xx
Thanks for that, didn't realise there importance, just got depressed reading how someone lost 10lbs, yes 10lbs in just six days, desperate to try anything to start shifting the weight.

Girls - don't know whether you've see this, but have a look at this You-Tube video.

I love it. Posted it on my challenge thread and everyone's been in stitches.

Ormie

Some very clever animation – don’t miss the end, it will make you smile !!

Last edited:
Hope you're all coping with the weekend. This is where I usually fail and as it's hubbies birthday I'm off out for a curry tonight.

Well I've been to McDonald's and Pizza Hut and Starbucks and chosen wisely!! Sooooooo pleased with myself.

Just picked car up from getting a service and the mechanic.said my 10yr old fiesta is a tidy little car that's well looked after. Beaming with pride :) there were some advisorys but nothing major :)

House to myself tonite. This will be a test of my willpower!! Got leftovers from last nites tea in the fridge to devour!!

Good luck, being home alone! Weekends & evenings are the worst time for me, helps saving my chocolate to eat then.

Kate- Enjoy hubbies birthday.

good luck greedyguts, hope you manage to stay away from lots of naughties!! remember your syns are there for using hun. dont feel deprived

im going out soon to get drunk, haha. no doubt i will be on deaths door tomorrow. ive eaten good today and hopefully tomorrow i will be able to stick to plan. im going to have a bit of wine but then once we get out im going to stick to vodka lime and soda, because it doesnt get me so drunk, my hangovers are less with them and theyre less syns. this is my plan....i hope i can follow through with it!!!

where is my wine drinking bud felicity? hope your ok hunni?

ignore any late night posts from me, i have a habit of coming on the laptop when im drunk and talking utter codswallop haha

oh also 10 pounds in 6 days is a lot, but did you know that apparently when you lose more than 2 pounds in a week, your actually losing muscle and water too...its not all fat, this is why they recomend not losing more than 2 pound a week, 1 pound is the recemmended rate, your skin adjusts to the weight loss better and its fat your losing not muscle and water at that rate. i feel liberated not going to class, cos i dont have to hear of these people losing daft amounts and feel ashamed that most weeks i cant manage a pound, my friend only gets weighed once every 4 weeks, and only gets weighed if she feels like shes had a loss, she said 'why would i get weighed knowing id put weight on? it would depress me and id eat more and think whats the point, so i get weighed when i feel ive lost weight and it boosts my self confidence and makes me feel good and then i WANT to carry on eating healthy as it seems worth it'
so true, so this is my motto from now on, im only getting weighed when i feel i have lost something, even if it ends up only being once a month, it doesnt really matter.

where is my wine drinking bud felicity? hope your ok hunni?
This wine drinking buddy is here. We're off to the pub soon for a pre-prandial! :D

. . . my friend only gets weighed once every 4 weeks, and only gets weighed if she feels like shes had a loss, she said 'why would i get weighed knowing id put weight on? it would depress me and id eat more and think whats the point, so i get weighed when i feel ive lost weight and it boosts my self confidence and makes me feel good and then i WANT to carry on eating healthy as it seems worth it'
so true, so this is my motto from now on, im only getting weighed when i feel i have lost something, even if it ends up only being once a month, it doesnt really matter.
Your friend makes a lot of sense.

Hope you all enjoy your evenings. I've just completed day 1 of the c25k and I'm jiggered. Shower and then walk to the indian. Mmmmm as I'm flexi synning I may go for cheese curry rather than my usual more sensible choice.

Enjoy ya nite out Lou :)

Gonna avoid the kitchen like the plague!! Have Abduction to watch with Taylor Lautner....

Suppose I better do the ironing too!!

Can I bring mine round greedyguts?

Good luck avoiding the kitchen.

thankfully the oh my god I'm going to die feeling after my run has stopped and replaced with a smug feeling of accomplishment. Just hope I can move tomorrow.

Tiphareth well done for starting couch 2 5k!! I did it last year and I'm currently training for great north run in September and Blaydon Race in July :) running 11 miles for the first time tmrw.

Believe me, you will get there!! It's hard to believe at first and I still doubt my capability now.

It's the best feeling ever after you've done yr run.

Make sure you warm up properly and stretch afterwards to avoid injuries.

Enjoy ya nite out Lou :)

Gonna avoid the kitchen like the plague!! Have Abduction to watch with Taylor Lautner....

Suppose I better do the ironing too!!

Ooh let me know if it's worth a watch! I like him :) All the best with the run tomorrow!! Look forward to hearing how it goes.

I've been on plan today. I even went out & bought my parents cakes from a lovely bakery near us & then popped to tesco & bought myself strawberries & grapes. I dont even feel like I missed out. Have filled up on lots of free foods today & had 13 syns.

Thanks for all the advise, hope the hang over isn't to bad and good luck to those who run.

Greedyguts - good luck with the run today. 11 miles is some distance and there I was happy with my 2.

Lisa - congratulations on resisting the cream cakes.

My meal out for hubbies birthday wasn't too disastrous. 15 syns all day, but not 100% as I didn't have 1/3 superfree. So feeling rather pleased as I resisted onion bhajis, naan, dessert and alcohol (i wasn't even driving).

Well lasses I'm a stiff old git tonite!! Old injury returned around mile 4. Struggled on and gave up at 9.65 miles. Feel so stiff. Very frustrated with my left leg. It can beggar off!! 2hrs 8mins is a new record even if it is slow xxx

Anyway, what kind of weekend has everyone had? Squeaky clean or Dan.gerously synful xxx

Well lasses I'm a stiff old git tonite!! Old injury returned around mile 4. Struggled on and gave up at 9.65 miles. Feel so stiff. Very frustrated with my left leg. It can beggar off!! 2hrs 8mins is a new record even if it is slow xxx
Well done for even getting that far. Let's hope you haven't agravated the injury too much that it takes a while to clear up.

Greedyguts - Sorry to hear about the old injury. Hope you've not aggravated it too much, and congratulations on, the new record.

I am quite happy with how I've done this weekend. Not over my syns, although not 100% due to not having my superfree at dinner yesterday, plus I ran for 30 minutes. Today my food has been 100%, I haven't had many syns yet plus went for a 4 hour walk around Bolton Abbey and avoided the tea shops and ice creams (so wanted tea and cake).

Hope everyone else has managed to stay focused over the weekend.

Back