The really slow loss team!

Iv never had the cookies! but judging by their other baked good im sure they will be delicious!
a bit of a weid question but what frylight do you use?? the sunflower or the Extra virgin olive oil one?

Hi ladies,
Thank you for your lovely posts & messages. I'd love to say I'm a little better but I'd be lying. I'm doing really bad. I'm crying all the time & in a constant daze. Last night I ate a meal for the first time since Monday. Other than that I've only eaten the odd piece of fruit in a whole day. I'm really struggling.

Hope you're all having a good week.

sl1nkyminny said:
Iv never had the cookies! but judging by their other baked good im sure they will be delicious!
a bit of a weid question but what frylight do you use?? the sunflower or the Extra virgin olive oil one?

I use the sunflower but also have the wok one for when I do a stirfry x

Lisa - I'm so sorry about your lovely cat. Big hug chica :hug99:

Well done losers and commiserations gainers.

Sorry I've been awol. My internet connection was dodgey for days and finally gave up the ghose on Tuesday and I only got back online last night. Grrrr

I have the extra virgin one but was watchig a programme the other day and it was saying that you shouldn't cook with extra virgin oil because it's turns into bad fat that is hard for the body to digest =S That why people only use it to dress salads ect! So I'm gonna swap to the sunflower oil and see if it's true!! Does any one know if this is true??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Olive oil is olive oil. As far as I am aware it doesn't make any difference which you use. However, good cooks will tell you to only use EV for salads - it is too strongly tasting for cooking.

Mind you the Spanish fry everything in it and I hate it. Eggs fried in it are foul!

My one piece of advice to everyone would be to ditch FryLight. IMHO it is overpriced and tasteless.

Buy an oil sprayer - I got mine in Lakeland but you can get them in lots of places. Mine takes 8-10 sprays to produce 1 tablespoon-ful so way less than 1 syn. So cheaper than FryLight and less syns too!

No idea and never heard it tbh. I wouldn't stress too much. We used to cook in olive oil all the time pre sw years think we only got the sunflower as that was what they had? X

I have the extra virgin one but was watchig a programme the other day and it was saying that you shouldn't cook with extra virgin oil because it's turns into bad fat that is hard for the body to digest =S That why people only use it to dress salads ect! So I'm gonna swap to the sunflower oil and see if it's true!! Does any one know if this is true??

i heard it wasnt true! its more about the smoking point with olive oil. it simply cant get to a high temperature before it burns, but the stuff in fry light is manufactured and altered anyways so it doesnt seem as pertinent really

thats for clearing that up girlies! And i agree with you pommette, it total crap! you spray your pan and it vanishes! and then everything starts to stick and burn! lol when i finish i might just refill my current one with olive oil and then for every 7 sprays do half a syn like the bertolli one! what about if i only use 4 or 5 sprays though does that mean its free??

i forgot to ask Rkmriddell did you try the breadcrumbs and sauce with your chicken???
did you like them??

thats for clearing that up girlies! And i agree with you pommette, it total crap! you spray your pan and it vanishes! and then everything starts to stick and burn! lol when i finish i might just refill my current one with olive oil and then for every 7 sprays do half a syn like the bertolli one! what about if i only use 4 or 5 sprays though does that mean its free??
To be fair - spayed Olive Oil vanishes pretty quickly too, you have to really watch what you are frying carefully. So don't cut back too much.

The new book says that any low calorie spray oil of less than 1 cal per spray is free. I have used spayed olive oil for the last 5 years (I actually can't get FryLight here) and I ignore the half syn that it might be. This might have slowed me down a tad but I still got there in the end.

Last edited:
sl1nkyminny said:
i forgot to ask Rkmriddell did you try the breadcrumbs and sauce with your chicken???
did you like them??

No hubby went out so I did chicken stuffed with spinach and Philly with bacon. BNS broccoli and asparagus on side. It's on my list of bits to try though. How was your fish? X

Dreading wi this week, I have went right off the rails this weekend!:(

Tomorrow is a new day just put it behind you shelter! And start again this week! Iv been alittle bad this wknd to! But I'm just no letting it get to me! What's done is done ! If you keep thinking about it then you will feel even worse! I'm sure it was a well deserved treat anyway! I normally find that when I'm bad its because iv been good for so long ! =]
Hope This helps

I also went off plan yesterday - although i have to say i feel better for it. All this putting in 100% and getting no reward has driven me nuts. I've decided with hubby today to stop tracking for a while. I'm following the SW way of life as that suits us perfectly but i will not be tracking what i eat nor stressing over my syns and hexa's. I am a comfortable size 14 at the moment and my goal is a size 12, i shall be judging myself by this and taking my measurements to keep control of myself. There will still be no takeaways and stuff, just a healthy SW lifestyle x

As long as you can get straight back on plan, I sometimes think going a little nuts for a day/night can be good for you. SW isn't restrictive but if you fancy a "blow out" day & know you'll be back on track the next day I can't see it doing any harm. Plus it probably tricks your body's metabolism & could kickstart the weighloss again :)

Back