The really slow loss team!

Hey everyone, how you all doing?

I went AWOL last week. I started to feel really rough on Thursday with a sore throat and bad chest etc. and woke up Friday with laryngitis and some type of flu. Been laid up in bed two whole days and only just started feel human again today. Had to go back to work.

I managed to put on weight though - even though I didn't eat much, it was all cr$p and well I would not have eaten atall otherwise and :break_diet: .............anyway it's a fresh start (again):rolleyes: for me.

Still feeling a bit peculiar so I'm going on to automatic pilot till I feel better. :sigh:

I think I really need a few more days to get better properly but what can you do if you don't work and don't get paid.

Today was a green day, 2 a's, 1 b and 10 syns.

Anyone want to join my fresh start?

Evening chicas. Well, a flukey STS for me.

I was showing a small gain on Friday and knowing that we were going to be eating well with friends over the weekend I was expecting a gain. So I'll take it and run.

Not feeling brill though at the mo. I've got an abscess somewhere . . . well lets say it's in a private place shall we! :eek: Doc put me on pencillin even though we had a long discussion about it, as it doesn't agree with me - so now I feel sh1t. Bad stomach, lots of skin missing in my mouth despite the mouthwash that she also prescribed to stop that happening.

Oh well - think I'll spend tomorrow in bed and sulk!

Rkmriddell said:
I also went off plan yesterday - although i have to say i feel better for it. All this putting in 100% and getting no reward has driven me nuts. I've decided with hubby today to stop tracking for a while. I'm following the SW way of life as that suits us perfectly but i will not be tracking what i eat nor stressing over my syns and hexa's. I am a comfortable size 14 at the moment and my goal is a size 12, i shall be judging myself by this and taking my measurements to keep control of myself. There will still be no takeaways and stuff, just a healthy SW lifestyle x

That's a great lifestyle choose I hope you can stick with it! And keep your weight maintained! I'm sure you will! Did you stick to doing a red week?? I had 4 red days this week and lost 1.5 lbs I hope you don't feel I'm rubbing this in your face it's just seemed we were having the same problem And just wanted to update you =] my C always says when you hit a plateau then mix things up and try different things! Also I don't know if this news is any good to you but I was quite fasinated I roasted my bns with the skin on and it was totally edible! ( I genuinely forgot to peel it) lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

sl1nkyminny said:
That's a great lifestyle choose I hope you can stick with it! And keep your weight maintained! I'm sure you will! Did you stick to doing a red week?? I had 4 red days this week and lost 1.5 lbs I hope you don't feel I'm rubbing this in your face it's just seemed we were having the same problem And just wanted to update you =] my C always says when you hit a plateau then mix things up and try different things! Also I don't know if this news is any good to you but I was quite fasinated I roasted my bns with the skin on and it was totally edible! ( I genuinely forgot to peel it) lol xx

I did a couple I days and then Sunday came and I was in Wales at a christening with just a buffet to choose from. Tbh I found the red days quite difficult I found that I was very hungry? Did you have this? I think i just need a bit of a break from it tbh, it's so disheartening gaining weight when theres no reason for it :( I'm just gonna not weigh for a while but carry on with the exercise and sw way. Keep me update though so i can see how you go xxx

Rkmriddell said:
I also went off plan yesterday - although i have to say i feel better for it. All this putting in 100% and getting no reward has driven me nuts. I've decided with hubby today to stop tracking for a while. I'm following the SW way of life as that suits us perfectly but i will not be tracking what i eat nor stressing over my syns and hexa's. I am a comfortable size 14 at the moment and my goal is a size 12, i shall be judging myself by this and taking my measurements to keep control of myself. There will still be no takeaways and stuff, just a healthy SW lifestyle x

I'm doing the same! Fed up with sw and ww losing and gaining the same weight,just need a break.I'n a size 18 and would like to be a comfortable 16,which will suit me fine! Still keeping up with the exercise,which I enjoy.

Good luck to you :-D x

acc said:
I'm doing the same! Fed up with sw and ww losing and gaining the same weight,just need a break.I'n a size 18 and would like to be a comfortable 16,which will suit me fine! Still keeping up with the exercise,which I enjoy.

And to you. Keep us updated with how you get on x

acc said:

And to you. Keep us updated with how you get on x

Flabulous - sounds like you've had a rought few days. Sorry about the gain. Hope you're feeling better in yourself soon.

Pom - that sounds horrible!! Could your Dr not give you anything else?? :(

My WI is tomorrow & I'm expecting a gain (after last weeks massive/weird loss). I started this week barely eating for days so going from that to eating as normal won't be good for me on the scales I don't think. The good thing is I've got my appetite back, the bad thing is all I'm wanting is chocolate :sigh:

PS. I don't like this new layout...

Pom - that sounds horrible!! Could your Dr not give you anything else?? :(
We discussed lots of alternatives but she said the penicillin was what I really needed so agreed to give it a go. Wish I hadn't now. I still feel pants although I have to say I feel a bit better than yesterday.
PS. I don't like this new layout...
I'm not keen either - lots of "white space" and no stats showing any more!

I keep struggling to log in one my phone. I rarely use the real site so it all looks the same to me.

Poor pomme that sounds tough.

Lou that burger looks lovely do you have the recipe or is it on here somewhere or in the magazine.

Weigh in for me tonight and I have written out 7 weeks of food diaries so we shall see.

Will try to update my diary in a minute luckily I wrote it down

Well done on the loss Lou - get on that naughty step :D

I've not had any emails or messages, but I'm not sure I'm liking this new look :confused:

Got weighed today STS! Happy with that as I have been bad this week. From tomorrow I'm determined to have a good week.xx

0.5lbs on for me this week, not bad considering I'm still bloated and dehydrated from processed food on Saturday evening's party.

Yeah - had an email from Pierce about the breach and I'm a bit worried. I used the same email address and password on probably over 50 sites and the thought of changing them all depresses me.

Well I lost a paltry 0.5lb which considering I put on 1lb last week for no reason is just really c r a p .

My consultant has looked at my sheets and she is going to send them up but she reckons they will just say 0.01% or whatever aren't suited to SW and we can't advise you any further.

We shall see maybe I am being pessimistic for nothing.

Or they might tell me to survive on 5-7 syns a day instead of 10-15

Who knows ?

Rkmriddell said:
I did a couple I days and then Sunday came and I was in Wales at a christening with just a buffet to choose from. Tbh I found the red days quite difficult I found that I was very hungry? Did you have this? I think i just need a bit of a break from it tbh, it's so disheartening gaining weight when theres no reason for it :( I'm just gonna not weigh for a while but carry on with the exercise and sw way. Keep me update though so i can see how you go xxx

I was ok on red days and have to say I preferred them so decided I'm ggonna do red days 5 days a week and EE 2 days! I wasn't really hungry as I'm not a massive eater and this is where I think I struggled with EE! How long have you been doing slimming world?? Iv only been doing it 12 weeks! Maybe a break is just what you need, getting annoyed about now losing weight I find quite stressful a few weeks ago ibwas stuck at the same weight and got really annoyed and I think all the stressing about it and constant thinking about te food wound me up then the week before last I just though sod it! And lost 2 lbs! Don't really know where I'm going with this lol I will keep you posted though

Back