The really slow loss team!

conlou1 said:
I'm not doing Sw at the mo I'm doing ww. I can't leave it cos if I go without a period too long my depression kicks in and I get panic attacks, nausea, weight gain, I'm totally vile to everyone cos my hormones are out of whack. I can't be depressed and debilitated by panic attacks cos I have 2 babies to look after.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sorry to ask but I have found lately I've been really hormonal, a bit depressed and I really struggle to lose weight, it's not like I'm even close to any sort of goal weight so shouldn't find losing as hard as I do. If I'm not really strict I put weight on really fast, I'm on the pill now have been for ages but haven't had a period for like 6ish months, do you really think not having one affects you quite a lot? Maybe that's what's wrong??

Definitely without a shadow of a doubt affects me personally. The doctor said people with irregular or long cycles tend to get severe pms and prolonged pms due to the hormone levels not rising and falling as they should. Are you on a pill where you have a 7 day break? Cos if so u should be having periods hun. If not maybe switch pill? Xx

conlou1 said:
Definitely without a shadow of a doubt affects me personally. The doctor said people with irregular or long cycles tend to get severe pms and prolonged pms due to the hormone levels not rising and falling as they should. Are you on a pill where you have a 7 day break? Cos if so u should be having periods hun. If not maybe switch pill? Xx

No, I have loads of heart disease in my family so I have to take cerazette, so I take it all the time. I am really hormonal, and bloated pretty much all the time. I tried the coil as I didn't think the pill agreed with me but I hated it so went back on the pill I hasn't even thought it might be the lack of period that was making me so weird. I'm really edgy and I have no energy ever it's strange really x

charl_young said:
No, I have loads of heart disease in my family so I have to take cerazette, so I take it all the time. I am really hormonal, and bloated pretty much all the time. I tried the coil as I didn't think the pill agreed with me but I hated it so went back on the pill I hasn't even thought it might be the lack of period that was making me so weird. I'm really edgy and I have no energy ever it's strange really x

That's how I e been for weeks. It's when your progesterone is too high. And cerazette is a progesterone only pill isn't it? Obviously if your not wanting children ATM then you need to take birth control but would condoms maybe be an option for a couple of months? I don't think these pills that stop you having periods are very good. Your meant to have periods it's how the body works, I've always been a bit dubious tbh

Hi All, I havent posted for a while. I am a really slow loser - been a member since August 1st and lost 2 stone 5 and half pounds but want it to be more...others have lost loads more than me...boo hoo

conlou1 said:
That's how I e been for weeks. It's when your progesterone is too high. And cerazette is a progesterone only pill isn't it? Obviously if your not wanting children ATM then you need to take birth control but would condoms maybe be an option for a couple of months? I don't think these pills that stop you having periods are very good. Your meant to have periods it's how the body works, I've always been a bit dubious tbh

Oh god I really hate them too!! Yeah it's progesterone only pill. I'll go see the doctor this week I think and discuss any other options, I had no idea it would affect me so much :( x

check out agnus castus ot its called vitex I think too, herbal in holland & barret or any health food shop and ask them, its meant to regulate periods and good for hormones :)

That's what I was taking but it apparently is only good if you have low progesterone, it worked for 3 months then this last month I felt really poorly and was. Displaying every symptom of high progesterone so had to stop taking them. Was told to take black cohosh instead but a side effect of those is weight gain and I heard its quite a powerful herb so I didn't take them long. Doc only wants me to take pill for 3 months, bit as soon as I stop taking it I'll go straight back to no periods and feeling rubbish again. I'll see how I am after my withdrawal bleed I think, maybe a different pill would help x

Aw big hug I know too well how upsetting it is to not have a period for ages its sad :( but maybe just take them and ignore the rumble (or drink tea when rumbly tymmy) and stop at your point allowance for the day, but I always feel full after a cup of tea with an apple x

Morning peeps

0.6 kg off for me (roughy 1.3 lbs) but that still leaves me 2.4 kg (5.3 lbs) over target.

Ok I know that puts me on the naughty step, but I really wanted to shift the gain from last week.
Well, at least enough to get back under 12 st - but I'm still over that even.
A charity curry night put paid to that! Loads of rice and a naan too but basically I just ate too much - and not just at the curry night on Friday.
I've been starving all weekend and raiding the cereal bars.

I know I should accept any loss greatfully but I'm annoyed with myself.
Slinks off to sulk.

Well a loss is a loss so well done, I have been gaining or sts so I am hoping that by starting this sw class tonight I can finally get rid of this stubborn weight! x

I'm not sure ww is for me. I'm so hungry I can't cope. I started off great and wasn't hungry but today and yesterday in literally on the verge of tears all the time I feel so hungry. I don't know if it's ww or my pill. I do t know what to do and am feeling really down :( Why is this do hard? I looked in the mirror this morning and my stomach is huge. I look like I've put about 7 pound on. I know bloating is a temporary side effect of starting any pill but I'm so miserable. Sorry to moan. I just needed to vent

I am over the moon i losr 2lbs at weigh in xx im 9lbs away from target now i really want to get there by June 18th is it possible???. im not sure im a very slow loser xxx

I'm not sure ww is for me. I'm so hungry I can't cope. I started off great and wasn't hungry but today and yesterday in literally on the verge of tears all the time I feel so hungry. I don't know if it's ww or my pill. I do t know what to do and am feeling really down :( Why is this do hard? I looked in the mirror this morning and my stomach is huge. I look like I've put about 7 pound on. I know bloating is a temporary side effect of starting any pill but I'm so miserable. Sorry to moan. I just needed to vent

I've been on the pill since I was 18 (I'm 26) & it never increased my appetite but my advice would be to try to do SW while your body gets used to the new pill. Don't eat crazy amounts, just eat what you need/feel your body wants. Then when your body has balanced out & is used to the new pill, which I hope would take a few weeks/months, give WW a try again?? If you're really wanting a lot of food then WW may not be your best option right now. You could always ask the Dr what they'd suggest, as I'm sure they'd never say "eat what you want jus"t because new tablets have increased your appetite.

Ladies I'm strolling on here with my head down...I've been SO bad for 5 days, really awful :(

After my holiday I had lost weight & despite being seriously poorly I stuck to SW, I still gained 1.5 that week. Then after that WI I just went nuts, eating anything & everything. Friday night I ate & ate, all for the sake of it, & in about 30 minutes I probably ate the equivalent of a few meals. This WI (WED) will be a big gain. I think I'm so fed up with being ill, I had to get more anti-biotics as my chest is still so painful, and I feel like giving up. I'm actually being strict today & tomorrow. I'm well over half a stone heavier than I was last October & I am constantly losing/gaining the same few lb's. I've still got another 2st to lose! It's like I'm not taking it seriously, even though I want it more than anything :( Feeling like I've let myself down big time.

Hold your head up and start afresh when you are well enough and in the right frame of mind. We've all been ther and done that!! Don't beat yourself up about it. Ann x

Back