The really slow loss team!

I have a plan. I'm off to doctors to get some anti depressants, I'm
Going to do Sw even if it means no loss, jysr so long as it stops me gaining loads which is what I'm going to end up doing at this rate and I'm stopping the pill and am visiting a Chinese herbal shop tomorrow to see if acupuncture could possibly help level my hormones. and once I feel a bit better in going to look at ww or another type of potion type control. I hope this works I'm so sick of being up and down with my moods

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

can you not just stick to sw and use the 3rd plate filled with salad or veg and 1/3 of plate with whatever frree dinner type food, and then eat that and have glass water, then in evening have an apple and cup of tea, this works to fill me up. nice thick soup at lunch with your hex b of bread and yogurt and fruit for brekkie, should fill u up, snack on fruit xxx

fatgottago said:
can you not just stick to sw and use the 3rd plate filled with salad or veg and 1/3 of plate with whatever frree dinner type food, and then eat that and have glass water, then in evening have an apple and cup of tea, this works to fill me up. nice thick soup at lunch with your hex b of bread and yogurt and fruit for brekkie, should fill u up, snack on fruit xxx

Lol I wish I could!!! I'm coming to bed at 10 to stop myself eating myself into oblivion!! The pill tricks your body into thinking its pregnant and with each of my pregnancies came 4-6 stone of weight cos my appetite goes wild. It's like craving a drug but being too weak to fight the urge, horrible feeling. I'm off to doctors tomorrow cos I feel like everything is spiralling out of control x

Lou - I so feel your pain hun so go talk to the doc.
But you know that it is the pill that is just tricking your brain into thinking it's hungry so trick your stomach into thinking it isn't.
Have a big glass of water and then go out of the house for a 15 minute walk so you can't be tempted to eat anything.
The water wil fill your stomach and then 15 minutes later the brain catches up and says "thank you, I'm full now".
If you don't like plain water add some NAS squash or make a big pot of superfree veggie soup and blitz it. That's good for making your tum full.

It won't be easy but if you want to try to keep the weight off this is your best option.

Last edited:
I am over the moon i losr 2lbs at weigh in xx im 9lbs away from target now i really want to get there by June 18th is it possible???. im not sure im a very slow loser xxx
Well done audfen - Get over onto the naughty step with me chica.

I'm really feeling a massive binge coming on. I just want sweet things, and am literally sat fighting going downstairs and making more food! Argh !! I won't binge as I hate the food guilt but I wanna sooooo bad! Waaa

I aren't taking that pill
Anymore the last 2 days I've been swollen and I've got up
Today and I'm really swollen, my hands, face, stomach, my boobs are killing and twice the size. I think how I was before was the lesser of 2 evils. I'm going to doctors in a couple of hours for some anti depressants. It's just my moods when I'm not on the pill or having periods that are effected I'm
Not bothered about not having a period I just want to feel more on a level
Instead of like a crazy person. Ho hum

Lou and Lisa, so sorry to hear you are feeling down - know what that feels like!

Just wanted to let you know my frustrating weight yo-yo effect.

Saturday morning. 10 stone 3.5 (showing a 3 lb weight loss) - but don;t believe it anymore!
Sunday morning. 10 stone 4.5
Monday morning 10 stone 6.5

This is where it gets interesting. Went to the doctors and she weighed me in at a whopping 10 stone 10 lbs!!!

Tuesday morning. 10 stone 7.5

Now I now it sounds like I am obsessively weighing myself daily but it is part of my cunning plan. I am monitoring the ups and downs for two weeks just to see what happens.

The doctor wants to test me for celiac disease. She says it is the only thing she can think of which could be causing my symptoms.

Yesterday my stomach was like a woman carrying twins. Awful. My jeans barely do up around the waist and then there is this huge gut.

So ladies, I am not exactly abandoning my diet but I am changing my strategy for a couple of weeks. Will let you know how it goes.

It is a bl''dy struggle.

flabulous I had a york test done and so did hubby, I am gluten, wheat, yeast and kiwi intolerant, was well worth the money, you take alittle blood sample and send it off to their lab that Dr Hillary jones endorses, its great. :)

That's how I e been for weeks. It's when your progesterone is too high. And cerazette is a progesterone only pill isn't it? Obviously if your not wanting children ATM then you need to take birth control but would condoms maybe be an option for a couple of months? I don't think these pills that stop you having periods are very good. Your meant to have periods it's how the body works, I've always been a bit dubious tbh

the thing is tho, you dont have any periods whilst taking the pill, even if you have your week off that is a withdrawl bleed (drop in hormones=blood loss) the pill convinces your brain ts pregnant so you dont even ovulate, so you dont have periods at all (which doesnt feel right to me). contraception is so limited isnt it?

lou i am checking back in again to say sorry your having a bad time of it ! i didnt know you were at WW??? get back to SW hun!

apologies for being absent again but i can only really chat when i am at work and i have been snowed under ! oh and have been busy gaining 2lb LOL

Hiya can I join up here lol I am totally in the slow weight loss catergory, it is very disheartening, but now I have minimins then I hope to be motivated to get this weight off once and for all!! xx

welcome!! 2lb aint a slow loss tho its a mega loss around here!!!

Well doctor agrees that I shouldn't take the pill if it's increased my appetite and altered my mood so dramatically. I've been given anti depressants but I'm scared of them. The last twice didn't end well!!! I don't know what to go for the best, maybe I need hrt

I have no clue what diet I'm following ATM but I'm trying to healthy eat, had bran flakes for brekkie, ham sarnie and cottage cheese for lunch and am going to have bacon, egg, mushroom, beans and tomatoes for tea. So i guess it's Sw friendly and probably within points for ww.

I feel better this afternoon not so crazy or hungry and I didn't take my pill this morning. Hmm. Maybe psychological but not sure how I can make my stomach grumble just by thinking about it lol.

I need some bloody sunshine!!!

Well doctor agrees that I shouldn't take the pill if it's increased my appetite and altered my mood so dramatically. I've been given anti depressants but I'm scared of them. The last twice didn't end well!!! I don't know what to go for the best, maybe I need hrt
Unless you are menopausal then HRT is not the answer so don't even go down that route chica.
They are as much of a health risk, if not more so, than the pill and should be taken with caution.

Did you have the right AD's before? Are you on the same ones now or not?
It took several months and 4 changes of meds to get a friend of mine onto the right one that suited her.
The first three made her worse - even suicidal - and gave her a big weight gain as she was eating fro England and just couldn't stick to SW.
Now she is vastly improved and losing weight again using SW.

It sounds as though you do need the ADs but i may be a bit of a roller coaster until you find the right one.

Yeah these are the 3rd different ones, the first I was seriously ill after one tablet, 2nd ones just gave me severe panic attacks and these ones are milder but I'm only taking half for the first few days while I'm sure I wont have an adverse reaction. Im not bothered about having periods so long as I feel ok. I just want to feel
On a level and not up and down all the time. Hubby's been to chippy for tea for us all so I dont have to cook :-/ lovely thought but bang goes my good day!!

I was down and having panic attacks and I still get anxious, but I would not take anti depressants, the mind needed to change for me, I had to start having a bit of fun and get a hobby, anti depressants are not good for you body at all, the programme in glasgow for depression and anxiety and panic tells you that while they can help symptoms they are not a fix all for when you ever come off them

fatgottago said:
I was down and having panic attacks and I still get anxious, but I would not take anti depressants, the mind needed to change for me, I had to start having a bit of fun and get a hobby, anti depressants are not good for you body at all, the programme in glasgow for depression and anxiety and panic tells you that while they can help symptoms they are not a fix all for when you ever come off them

I've tried counselling, self help, practiced cbt, changed my lifestyle etcetc. And I still keep feeling this way. It's not just anxiety, I have had pnd and I suffer from seasonal affective disorder alongside bouts of ordinary depression. Mental
Illness is very litt understood and at this moment in time I will try anything to feel better as I have 3 children to take care of. I don't think it's right up tell someone that taking anti depressants is bad for them cos you didn't need them to over come your problems is very helpful tbh.

Lou you sound like you are in the wars!!! :( I've never had any of that so can't really offer solid advice. If you're really hungry you have to stick to a plan that allows you to eat freely (with some control obviously) & I think if you don't mind going back to SW for a bit that's the way to go, for now. I hope your Dr helps you out & you find some sort of balance, and soon!! Hugs x

Sorry fatgottago, I have to agree with Lou that this is not at all helpful.
Being down and having panic attackes affects a lot of people. Many, like you though, can get over it with counselling.
Others need chemical help to right the imbalances in their body. Because that's what some mental illnesses are cause by.
However, mental illness is just that - an illness - unfortunately cannot be seen like the effects of a virus (a cold or herpes for example) or a broken arm.
Most viruses will go away without intervention - it would be horrendously painful if no-one intervened for a broken arm.

My mum has suffereed mental illness for many years and refused point blank to take ADs and she got steadily worse.
Like my friend here on Minis, she also talked about "wanting out of the world" so accepted that she needed some help and took the ADs in the end.
Now she is miles better - not perfect - but is starting to see that things aren't always as bad as they first seem.
It has been a long time since she was this good.

Without the help of the ADs I suspect she would have taken her own life - like her younger brother did. The doctor just told him "to buck your ideas up".
Like your suggestion of get a new hobby and go out more - not at all helpful.
Mental illness seems to run in our family, my gran, my uncle and my mum. Fortunately I don't.
Now mum is recovering and is thankful that she took the ADs and can see light instead of black all the time.

Some people never get off ADs - so whilst they might not "be good for your body" I think it's preferable to death.

Right - I'll get off my soapbox now :soapbox:

Last edited:
Aw sorry to hear about your uncle Pom :( so sad. I have attempted suicide in the past and it too runs right through both sides of my family as does alcoholism, bipolar and paranoid schitzofrenia- not much chance for me really was there? I took mt tablet a couple of hours ago and so far feel ok, which is an improvement on the others!!! I am going to come back to Sw I think
I'm not in the right frame of mind to be trying to do something I don't understand. I think if I'm
Brutally honest I was blaming Sw for the way I was feeling and was thinking by swapping diets I'd magically lose weight and be happy, I've realised I'm depressed and no amount of weight loss will change that and I need to stop putting all the hopes of being happy on my weight loss. Thanks to those who've given support to
Me it really has helped. Hopefully I'll be much brighter and more positive very soon! And possibly even back success expressing-living the dream ;)

:hug99: Lou - severe mental illness is a reet booger.
My mum's an alchoholic too - as was her brother. I think this is just a symptom of depression.
It certainly helps mum if she's sloshed to ignore all the other woes. But not a long term solution either.

Back