The really slow loss team!

Bless her. I have to be careful with drink. In fact it's probably my biggest downfall, weight and mood wise but it's somehow socially acceptable to pressure people into drinking or call then boring for not drinking :/ and I don't have any will power where alcohol is concerned unfortunately. But I have to not drink much with these tablets so I will have to gain some will power!! I have regained a bit if will power with food had the fish and mushy peas and quarter portion of chips :) tomorrow will be better, I won't let this beat me. I can't, my children need me to be a happy healthy mummy xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I hear you guys, when I look at family history's I honestly don't think it can be disputed mental illness is hereditary, my dad had mental health probs schizophrenia and he was an alcoholic my whole life. He never took meds and pretty much made my youth a nightmare, I have some pretty bad issues too, with my mental state being up and down, he never took meds and pretended there was nothing wrong with him, i always wonder how he would have been had he took them. I've been offered ADs a few times now but was always worried about taking them, even when things are good I feel down which is frustrating as I can't understand it myself. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time, I have twins so understand how hard it is to concentrate on yourself, as however you feel inside you have to try and be ok for them, which leads to it all building up inside. I hope you feel better soon. I hope the weather changes soon so we can all have a little more brightness in our lives. The sun does seem to make things better xxx

Well I am sorry you feel that way but thats what the nhs group prefere to tell us (in Glasgow anyway), before they stick u on tablets they suggest other things, and yes its more cbt. I am religious too it helps for me to pray to God and ask for help, I am not in any way cured, they say there is no real "cure" I just manage my condition, I have other health problems too thats have affected my life alot of ways including I cant work and then having money worries, and depression runs in my family, I do understand, but I just did not want to bombard my body with chemicals. Its your life I am just telling you my story :) x

I don't think it's helpful either to tell someone not to take AD's because they are full of chemicals, so are most drugs! You would not tell someone to stop taking a heart pill for that reason. AD's can be the difference between life and death for some people and I have been helped greatly by them at certain horrible points in my life. Neither should people be told you will get addicted etc, as I have come off them very easily when I have felt better again.

We are all so very different and what works for one will not for another. I was told by a cannabis smoking friend that I should not take the AD'S for that reason. Yet she is still smoking cannabis and I have not had to take AD'S for many years. I would not hesitate to do so though if my depression returned.

I am glad you get CBT though Fattogo. In some areas you could wait years to see a therapist on the NHS and not everyone has the money. :)

flabulous I had a york test done and so did hubby, I am gluten, wheat, yeast and kiwi intolerant, was well worth the money, you take alittle blood sample and send it off to their lab that Dr Hillary jones endorses, its great. :)

PS. Thanks for this information. I will look into it. :)

Sorry if that sounded bad, its just my story and why I would not take pills, unless I had to, obviously I dont know conlou personally, so I dont know her level of depression and its none of my biz but just putting my 2 cents worth in thats all, but my personal circumstances did not call for pills :)

Well no side effects from the first one so hope it's a sign of things to come.

My wisdom tooth is killing today and I have a mouth full of ulcers, I'm in the wars!!!!!

Going to try to stick to 3 meals a day and free or superfree Sw snacks for now and just try to be sensible and not pig out. Read an interesting post on here in the general weight loss section about emotional eating. Was really interesting and gave me food for thought. So new task is to figure out if I'm actually hungry or emotionally hungry

Going to try to stick to 3 meals a day and free or superfree Sw snacks for now and just try to be sensible and not pig out. Read an interesting post on here in the general weight loss section about emotional eating. Was really interesting and gave me food for thought. So new task is to figure out if I'm actually hungry or emotionally hungry

Lots of posts have helped me with emotional eating. It's something I used to struggle with a lot. SW has helped that so much, although sometimes I give in to my moods, like this past week!!

So I wrote Monday saying how bad I'd been. I realised I couldn't pull it all back by being strict for two days so as of tomorrow I'm totally back on it (had plans today hence why I'm not starting over from today).

WI was this morning, last week I was 11'6.5 & today was 12'1 - unbelievable!! I know I've eaten bad but not that bad. In truth I ate so much last night I was bound to be heavier this morning, so I'm not getting upset over it. If you totally go off plan like I did you deserve to gain, so it's ok. 12'1 though...crazy!

LisaC said:
Lots of posts have helped me with emotional eating. It's something I used to struggle with a lot. SW has helped that so much, although sometimes I give in to my moods, like this past week!!

So I wrote Monday saying how bad I'd been. I realised I couldn't pull it all back by being strict for two days so as of tomorrow I'm totally back on it (had plans today hence why I'm not starting over from today).

WI was this morning, last week I was 11'6.5 & today was 12'1 - unbelievable!! I know I've eaten bad but not that bad. In truth I ate so much last night I was bound to be heavier this morning, so I'm not getting upset over it. If you totally go off plan like I did you deserve to gain, so it's ok. 12'1 though...crazy!

Hugs Hun its probably undigested food and water weight. I can gain several
Pounds in a matter of days it sucks big time but I bet most of it is gone next week x

Hugs Hun its probably undigested food and water weight. I can gain several
Pounds in a matter of days it sucks big time but I bet most of it is gone next week x

It's a huge gain but I'm not letting it get to me. I knew that if I ate lots the night before WI it would show on the scales, I expected a big gain, just not that much. Hey ho at least I can be sure of a gain next week!

I'm thinking of being brave and weighing in today. I know I've gained and don't mind as I'm trying to tackle this weight loss thing from a different angle. I've downloaded a diary app and every time I feel hungry I'm going to stop and think am I really hungry or am I emotionally hungry (sounds daft but I need to conquer this food issue) I never had issues with food until I was in my first relationship, it was a terrible relationship and I used food as comfort and since then I've struggled. In times of boredom, loneliness, sadness etc I eat. The times I lose weight without trying is when I'm mentally stimulated and busy and happy. I'm also writing when I ate and when I didn't. It's not really important what I eat as I feel If I'm sensible and only eat when hungry and stop the snacking I will lose weight anyway. I'm not going to weigh in on a set day just when I feel upto it and I'm just going to be a bit kinder to myself. I hope this works as I'm out of ideas lol

conlou1 said:
I'm thinking of being brave and weighing in today. I know I've gained and don't mind as I'm trying to tackle this weight loss thing from a different angle. I've downloaded a diary app and every time I feel hungry I'm going to stop and think am I really hungry or am I emotionally hungry (sounds daft but I need to conquer this food issue) I never had issues with food until I was in my first relationship, it was a terrible relationship and I used food as comfort and since then I've struggled. In times of boredom, loneliness, sadness etc I eat. The times I lose weight without trying is when I'm mentally stimulated and busy and happy. I'm also writing when I ate and when I didn't. It's not really important what I eat as I feel If I'm sensible and only eat when hungry and stop the snacking I will lose weight anyway. I'm not going to weigh in on a set day just when I feel upto it and I'm just going to be a bit kinder to myself. I hope this works as I'm out of ideas lol

Lou,nice to put a face to the name ! Ann

I lost 1lb today.. woo.. was positive i'd gained, I think i retain water really badly, does anyone know if theres anything you can do about that? I seem to wake up and feel nice, but as soon as I eat I balloon on my stomach, and by the end of the day I look pregnant (which SUCKS!) its taken me 2.5 months to lose 10lbs but slowly slowly slooooowly coming off, which is better than it going the other way i figure! hope you're feeling a little better today lou and theres been no reactions to your tablets. xxx

charl_young said:
I lost 1lb today.. woo.. was positive i'd gained, I think i retain water really badly, does anyone know if theres anything you can do about that? I seem to wake up and feel nice, but as soon as I eat I balloon on my stomach, and by the end of the day I look pregnant (which SUCKS!) its taken me 2.5 months to lose 10lbs but slowly slowly slooooowly coming off, which is better than it going the other way i figure! hope you're feeling a little better today lou and theres been no reactions to your tablets. xxx

Have you got ibs? That's what happens to me if I eat too much carbs or my trigger foods. I find doing red days, Plenty of water, peppermint tea and exercise helps. I had whit bread last week and have paid for it big time! I feel better today, a bit tired and nauseous for 3 hours after taking them but other than that I feel great. I don't know what that pill has done to me but my boobs are massive!!!! Lol

I probably do yes, but I don't know what triggers it.. Which is annoying. I don't eat much bread anymore, just hex's never any more than that. It's especially worse when I have PMT (even tho I don't actually have a period I get all the symptoms still - ugh) I feel like an actual barrel!!'

Ah I'm pleased your feeling a bit better, and massive boobs aren't something I'd complain about.. Free boob job! Whoop .xxx

Back