The really slow loss team!

Actually I went to the docs today as I needed a repeat pill, and I mentioned to her how hard I find it to lose weight, and my mum also has struggled her whole life, despite dieting pretty continuously. She's going to take my bloods tomorrow and check everything, liver/pancreas/thyroid etc. even when I slip from SW my diet still isn't exactly bad, and I'm relatively active I walk loads as I don't drive, soooo we'll see I guess. I'm a bit nervous about it actually xx

Thanks Pom, I will try I to eat more I've stopped taking my protein shakes the last few days that normally adds 400 cals (200 twice a day) so I'm usually around the 1200 mark maybe a little less. I might try to add in another small meal a day - I still live in fear of the binge from the bullemic days but I'm actually eating every day at least 3 times so that is a major improvement for me. I like to have a fast day now and again alright if I feel very heavy but mostly I'm behaving. I find exercising great as I don't have the same guilt about eating if I've exercised. My OH thinks the whole thing is mad cause I'm a very logical and practical person and I've studied a lot about nutrition but when your emotions and fears take over they can be hard to battle.
Sorry for butting into your SW thread I just like it in here :)

Well done on the loss of both weight and inches chica - but you really aren't having enough calories.
I notice you're not doing SW like the rest of us on here but a high protein diet.
Unless you are doing a VLCD using shakes etc which are designed to put your body into ketosis then all you are actually doing is telling your body it is starving!
Please have a re-think about how many calories you are having - it should be at least 1200 unless you are being supervised by a doctor.

Sorry - rant over . . . I'll get off my soap box now.

Ladies, I'm a bit concerned about my next weigh in. As most of you know three weeks ago I gained 8.5 after a week off (the gain is unjustified, I really didn't eat that bad). The following week I lost 1lb & this week I had SS Soup every night for dinner & lost 1.5lb.

I posted on the main board that I really thought I'd have lost more this week given that SW say Speedfoods speed up your weightloss. I ate SO well & ate loads of superfree. A few have said I probably wasn't eating enough so I'm going to eat normal this week but I'm really worried that going from the low cal soup (I know SW isn't about calories but as a fact the SS soup is low calorie) for dinner to my usual which is good & balanced (1/3 to 1/2 superfree), I'll have a big gain...do you think that is likely to happen??

I go to Egypt in exactly 16 weeks & have a goal of 1lb per week, but I'm worried I'll get off to a bad start straight away & it'll knock me back again. I'm going to stick to plan 100% & exercise as normal but I know my crazy body & know that a lot of my gains are unjustified. What do you all think?

Why don't you alternate the days? So have a day with soups and a day of more varied food? Mixing it up should be good, as then your body isn't going to adjust to just eating the same things all the time. Xx

Why don't you alternate the days? So have a day with soups and a day of more varied food? Mixing it up should be good, as then your body isn't going to adjust to just eating the same things all the time. Xx

I haven't got the ingredients for the soup & I'm not able to get them. I know that by doing my normal meals I'm still doing SW 100% & "should" (!!!) lose but I'm worried going from low cal to normal will have the adverse effect.

I bought the seaweed ones to try and help with thyroid stuff, doesn't seem to be doing anything!!

I took them for two days and got scared and went of them. But then took them again as the break inbetween I noticed a huge difference for me and now I go regular for a NO 2 as well. I suppose everybody is different.

LisaC said:
I haven't got the ingredients for the soup & I'm not able to get them. I know that by doing my normal meals I'm still doing SW 100% & "should" (!!!) lose but I'm worried going from low cal to normal will have the adverse effect.

I can't see how it would? I would have thought the only way you would adversely affect your diet would be to eat crap? If you're still sticking to plan you should be sound! Xx

I can't see how it would? I would have thought the only way you would adversely affect your diet would be to eat crap? If you're still sticking to plan you should be sound! Xx

In theory that is right, but in the past I've found myself being 100% after a bad week & either staying the same or gaining! I think I've got my holiday countdown & I feel really motivated & I'm already worried it may not start well, based on past weigh ins.x

Thanks Pom, I will try I to eat more I've stopped taking my protein shakes the last few days that normally adds 400 cals (200 twice a day) so I'm usually around the 1200 mark maybe a little less. I might try to add in another small meal a day - I still live in fear of the binge from the bullemic days but I'm actually eating every day at least 3 times so that is a major improvement for me. I like to have a fast day now and again alright if I feel very heavy but mostly I'm behaving. I find exercising great as I don't have the same guilt about eating if I've exercised. My OH thinks the whole thing is mad cause I'm a very logical and practical person and I've studied a lot about nutrition but when your emotions and fears take over they can be hard to battle.

your not butting in hun dont worry, its difficult when youve had an eating disorder. i didnt think they recommended doing vlcd diets when youve had an eating disorder? it may be worth getting a slimming world pack from ebay and having a look through it hun, it doesnt work on calories (although im calorie counting atm but thats a long story lol) and it helps encourage healthier eating habits, it may be useful for you x

Ladies, I'm a bit concerned about my next weigh in. As most of you know three weeks ago I gained 8.5 after a week off (the gain is unjustified, I really didn't eat that bad). The following week I lost 1lb & this week I had SS Soup every night for dinner & lost 1.5lb.

I posted on the main board that I really thought I'd have lost more this week given that SW say Speedfoods speed up your weightloss. I ate SO well & ate loads of superfree. A few have said I probably wasn't eating enough so I'm going to eat normal this week but I'm really worried that going from the low cal soup (I know SW isn't about calories but as a fact the SS soup is low calorie) for dinner to my usual which is good & balanced (1/3 to 1/2 superfree), I'll have a big gain...do you think that is likely to happen??

I go to Egypt in exactly 16 weeks & have a goal of 1lb per week, but I'm worried I'll get off to a bad start straight away & it'll knock me back again. I'm going to stick to plan 100% & exercise as normal but I know my crazy body & know that a lot of my gains are unjustified. What do you all think?

please dont be scared of going from eating soup to eating 'normal' you may find that you actually lose a good bit of weight. from my own experience when i havent had enough calories, ive been hungry and miserable and the week has dragged then to get to the end of it to find ive sts or lost a small amount just used to cripple me, so id end up going on a binge for a couple of days then just doing red and green days the rest of the week and id tend to lose 2 pounds, its weird. if you dont eat enough say just under the 1200 mark your metabolism does slow down as it thinks theres a famine so anything you then put into it it tries to store it as its logic is it doesnt know when its going to get fed again, and when you give it an increase in calories for a couple of days (but not above 2000) your metabolism then stops panicking and thinking that its in famine and speeds back up again. you cant live the rest of your life just eating speed soup cos its not a sustainable way of eating and your going to fall off the wagon sooner or later as youll get bored of it, you need to find a way of eating reasonably normal but that helps you lose the weight, it could be doing extra easy but reducing your syns and reducing your portions? or it may be that your not eating enough syns and your portions are too small.....it could be worth inputting a typical day into my fitness pal or something similar and see how many cals your having...it could be an eye opener x

please dont be scared of going from eating soup to eating 'normal' you may find that you actually lose a good bit of weight. from my own experience when i havent had enough calories, ive been hungry and miserable and the week has dragged then to get to the end of it to find ive sts or lost a small amount just used to cripple me, so id end up going on a binge for a couple of days then just doing red and green days the rest of the week and id tend to lose 2 pounds, its weird. if you dont eat enough say just under the 1200 mark your metabolism does slow down as it thinks theres a famine so anything you then put into it it tries to store it as its logic is it doesnt know when its going to get fed again, and when you give it an increase in calories for a couple of days (but not above 2000) your metabolism then stops panicking and thinking that its in famine and speeds back up again. you cant live the rest of your life just eating speed soup cos its not a sustainable way of eating and your going to fall off the wagon sooner or later as youll get bored of it, you need to find a way of eating reasonably normal but that helps you lose the weight, it could be doing extra easy but reducing your syns and reducing your portions? or it may be that your not eating enough syns and your portions are too small.....it could be worth inputting a typical day into my fitness pal or something similar and see how many cals your having...it could be an eye opener x

Thanks Lou. I love my SW meals but I just thought I'd have an amazing loss after a week on SS soup so that if the following week wasn't so great it wouldn't really matter. I worked so hard this week for the 1.5lb lost & would be gutted if it came back on. About 4 evenings this week I found myself starving in the evening, I definitely wasn't eating enough. I roughly know calories but have to be careful as in the past I became obsessed with the numbers which is why I like SW & free food. This past week I've had my full 15syns most days so I may try to drop that to 10 & stick with my normals meals, also going to drink more if I can. I'm going to get back into my Jillian workouts so who knows if at first that has a negative effect. I'm already dreading my WI in 6 days, how bad!! :eek:

Exiguous - as Lou said you are more than welcome here and deffo not butting in.
It's just most of us are SW'ers in one vague form or another so we all understand that a bit better.
But we're all here to support anyone who needs it - even the old fogey whingers like me :8855:

If you've gone from an eating disorder to eating 3 times a day you are doing fantstically well chica. So hats off to you.
I did some work with anorexic kids back in the 70's and I know how hard this is for you. Bullimia wasn't really heard of then.
And I don't think either are really understood at all - even now.
Logic, emotions and fears have absolutely nothing to do with how we see ourselves. As you say - it is a constant battle.

Why have you stopped the protein shakes? They were adding the extra calories you need. Doesn't matter where you get them from imho.
So maybe go back to them chica to keep your calorie intake up a bit.
:bighug: chica - keep talking to us and we're all here to try and help each other.

LisaC said:
In theory that is right, but in the past I've found myself being 100% after a bad week & either staying the same or gaining! I think I've got my holiday countdown & I feel really motivated & I'm already worried it may not start well, based on past weigh ins.x

I know exactly how you feel, 12 weeks for me, and I had hoped to already be 1.5st down at least, I have no idea how my body works years of eating nothing for 3 days and binging for 2 have wrecked my metabolism xx

I know exactly how you feel, 12 weeks for me, and I had hoped to already be 1.5st down at least, I have no idea how my body works years of eating nothing for 3 days and binging for 2 have wrecked my metabolism xx

Charl that is EXACTLY what wrecked my metabolism too! At least we know we won't go back to our old ways :)

LisaC said:
Charl that is EXACTLY what wrecked my metabolism too! At least we know we won't go back to our old ways :)

Haha! Nope definitely not, did you say you were going to do the 30 day shred? I have got the DVD but haven't tried it yet, I needed a day off swimming as my legs are a bit crampy but feel guilty for doing nothing but a walk today so was thinking of doing it later? Is it really hard? I figured it's only 20 mins so at least it's over relatively fast! X

Shred is awesome go for it!!
Thanks Pom - if I could give you a hug I would. Will go back on the protein shakes on Monday just stopped taking them cause I didnt want my inlaws to see them they've been staying with us. I get on really well with them they're lovely people but they don't need to know about my eating problems. My bf is very wary of me dieting, but stays supportive and checks my food journal regularly. Whilst I've dealt with the issues behind my bullemia and I really am very happy, the habit of feeling guilty around food is difficult to break but little by little. The best bit of any struggle is knowing you can come out better at the other end and I really am the luckiest of girls to have discovered that before it was too late.

Haha! Nope definitely not, did you say you were going to do the 30 day shred? I have got the DVD but haven't tried it yet, I needed a day off swimming as my legs are a bit crampy but feel guilty for doing nothing but a walk today so was thinking of doing it later? Is it really hard? I figured it's only 20 mins so at least it's over relatively fast! X

Yep I've had it about a year. I dont do it for a straight 30 days. I get too bored with exercise so have to mix it up to keep enjoying it. Jillian is tough but brilliant, it's hard work & you'll feel it the next day but it's amazing how fast you'll see/feel a difference if you stick with it. Plus as it is only 20mins it's easy to fit in! I've recently bought two more of her dvd's so going to try a 40min one tomorrow. Give it a go & I promise after a few days of doing it you'll feel it getting easier :)

Exiguous - I can imagine that is an incredibly hard habit to break, or even attempt to. But you're on here & doing well so be proud of yourself. I know having 'control' over food is important to a lot of people (including myself) & I don't know if you're doing SW or counting calories etc but you've turned things around & you're still in control without any risks. Good on you girl, keep at it :)

exiguous said:
Shred is awesome go for it!!
Thanks Pom - if I could give you a hug I would. Will go back on the protein shakes on Monday just stopped taking them cause I didnt want my inlaws to see them they've been staying with us. I get on really well with them they're lovely people but they don't need to know about my eating problems. My bf is very wary of me dieting, but stays supportive and checks my food journal regularly. Whilst I've dealt with the issues behind my bullemia and I really am very happy, the habit of feeling guilty around food is difficult to break but little by little. The best bit of any struggle is knowing you can come out better at the other end and I really am the luckiest of girls to have discovered that before it was too late.

You sound really in control and positive, well done, what a hurdle you've got over, sounds like your bf is being supportive too which is really nice xx

LisaC said:
Yep I've had it about a year. I dont do it for a straight 30 days. I get too bored with exercise so have to mix it up to keep enjoying it. Jillian is tough but brilliant, it's hard work & you'll feel it the next day but it's amazing how fast you'll see/feel a difference if you stick with it. Plus as it is only 20mins it's easy to fit in! I've recently bought two more of her dvd's so going to try a 40min one tomorrow. Give it a go & I promise after a few days of doing it you'll feel it getting easier :)

Sound! I'm actually really achey today and my backs playing up a bit so will see how I feel in a few hours, def will give it a go soon! Thanks. X

Naughty step for me this week ladies,I lost 2.5 and got slimmer of the week:)

Back