The really slow loss team!

exiguous said:
Yup I did was a very good event, my first time doing this one. It's a very different atmosphere to other runs. Next one is in 2 weeks time. Maybe you gained muscle? Trying to relax and forget about the numbers and just keep doing what I'm doing

a few of my friends did it to. I am going to do the one in Sept in Cork to raise money for the Irish Guide Dogs. are u far from target xx

Yeah I'm about 2 stone heavier than I used to be but I'm the same size as I was a stone lighter, my body has changed to a certain extent from the exercise but I can't shift any weight at all since January. If I could get back to the 10 stone's at this stage I'd be very happy. Cork one sounds good. Hope to be doing a half marathon in Dingle, Kerry around then.

a few of my friends did it to. I am going to do the one in Sept in Cork to raise money for the Irish Guide Dogs. are u far from target xx

Oh god, I was pretty okish all weekend then got the kids home and went to a street party. Bad move.. Hotdog, cake, candy floss... Oh dear! Back

Oops pressed send.. Sooo I need to do some hardcore exercise the next 4 days to work it off! Oddly though I hadnt actually felt like I was losing any weight until this weekend but my clothes which were all feeling tight and eurgh are now feeling nice again, so that's good! X

exiguous said:
Yeah I'm about 2 stone heavier than I used to be but I'm the same size as I was a stone lighter, my body has changed to a certain extent from the exercise but I can't shift any weight at all since January. If I could get back to the 10 stone's at this stage I'd be very happy. Cork one sounds good. Hope to be doing a half marathon in Dingle, Kerry around then.

Ah thats great Kerry is a beautiful place. What part of Eire are u from. Im from Tipperary xx

Hahahahahaha gas! me too near thurles but I live in Limerick now
Ah thats great Kerry is a beautiful place. What part of Eire are u from. Im from Tipperary xx

exiguous said:
Hahahahahaha gas! me too near thurles but I live in Limerick now

Ah thats mad. My hubby is from Limerick but he moved to Tipp after we met. Do u follow Tipp in the hurling. We will be in thurles next week to get train to Dublin the train service from Clonmel isnt great

charl_young said:
Oops pressed send.. Sooo I need to do some hardcore exercise the next 4 days to work it off! Oddly though I hadnt actually felt like I was losing any weight until this weekend but my clothes which were all feeling tight and eurgh are now feeling nice again, so that's good! X

Sometimes a boost of calories tricks your body into thinking its not in famine anymore and can increase your metabolism. Fingers crossed you've had a loss. I really want to go for a long walk later but I have 2 blisters on my feet and I hurt my ankle Sunday whilst dancing x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Let's hope so! I am definitely starting to feel it more in my arms and face, definitely starts to spur you on a bit when you feel some kind of result. If you've hurt your ankle just rest it today or it'll only take longer to get better. Dancing sounds good! I haven't had a good ol dance for ages! Xx

Ooooo ps.. How did your lovely slinky number go down? Everyone like it? X

Yeah it was nice to get complimented, I haven't seen my cousin and his fiancé for months and she sai 'wow how much weight have you lost you look grest' it felt fantastic to reply with 'almost 3 stone and thankyou' it's moments like that that make it worth while. I just can't wait to get into the 10s that will feel like a massive achievement.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ah that's brilliant! And you should be mega proud, 3 stone is quite the achievement! Xx

Yup I sure do, do you? Play for a club in Limerick now though. Yeah train from Clonmel's pretty rubbish alright if you want to go to waterford from thurles you have to go to kildare and go backwards!!!!
Ah thats mad. My hubby is from Limerick but he moved to Tipp after we met. Do u follow Tipp in the hurling. We will be in thurles next week to get train to Dublin the train service from Clonmel isnt great

Glad you got the compliments Lou :)

Pleased to say I've been really good. I've done 3 Jillian dvd's on Fri, Sun, Mon & today as well as a 2mile walk yesterday. WI tomorrow, really hope my hard work's paid off!

Lou you still using fitness pal? I'm addicted to it now, everything that goes in my mouth gets added to my diary! Great way to keep track if calories.

Lou you still using fitness pal? I'm addicted to it now, everything that goes in my mouth gets added to my diary! Great way to keep track if calories.

I use MFP every day. I don't know if you remember (or were even around on this thred then) but I went over to the "dark side" of calorie counting at the end of February after months of gaining and losing the same half stone on SW over several months and have never looked back.

I NEED the discipline of counting to keep my instatiable appetite in check - I just can't do the "eat as much as you like superfree" - I am a greedy guts and will just eat and eat fruit for the sake of it! When I ran some of my food diaries through MFP they were horrendous so it was no small wonder I wasn't losing - but they were all technically on plan - they just never really seem to mention those two little words "portion control" do they?

Yeah I must admit since I have started using it I have seen my weight loss improve.i'm same as you if there is free food too be eaten I will eat eat eat until i'm ready to burst!! Still sticking to sw but my portions are defo smaller than what I would normally have.:)

I love MFP. I have the same problem. I was doing brilliantly combining SW and CC until Saturday then the last 3 days went a bit downhill. Back to it tomorrow though :) x

I love MFP. I have the same problem. I was doing brilliantly combining SW and CC until Saturday then the last 3 days went a bit downhill. Back to it tomorrow though :) x

Never mind Charl - climb right back on the wagon tomorrow morning and put it behind you.... what's done is done.

I think the vast majority of us have had a few "slip ups" this weekend...... mine was Disoronno on the rocks (several :eek:)Saturday night when we went to see an excellent local band called the Aunty Depressants and, for once, I wasn't the designated driver (that usually helps keep me off the booze calories!).

Yeah I must admit since I have started using it I have seen my weight loss improve.i'm same as you if there is free food too be eaten I will eat eat eat until i'm ready to burst!! Still sticking to sw but my portions are defo smaller than what I would normally have.:)

Yep, same here!

Back