The really slow loss team!

God I'm struggling today, because I had a really bad day yesterday I'm keeping syns/cals low and after 6 months of no period have come on and i'm ravenous.. I've been really good but the sweet craving is so bad, anyone have any tips for me? So I don't just go and gorge! Xx

Have you tried sugar-free jelly? I made blackcurrant earlier with some blueberries in (cheap in ALDI just now) - GORGEOUS....... nom, nom, nom

Weirdly melon worked!! I went to the shop and one was reduced so really ripe and sweet. Fruit never usually curbs my cravings. Thanks ladies will get some jelly in tomorrow. Xx

Morning girls - Got home late last night absolutely shattered after a very stressful 6 days with mum.
But I've had a great nights sleep in my own bed and fell heaps better, if not 100%.
I've not had a read pf the last 6 days but I'll catch up later.

Scales were kind this morning. I've lost 0.8 kg whilst in the UK (1¾ lbs). So I'm heading over to the naughty step.
I did try though and ate sensibly - although I did let my hair down a bit over the weekeend.
So that leaves me 1.9 kg over target (4¼ lbs) - that's just a bit out of range but at least in the right direction.

Pommette said:
Morning girls - Got home late last night absolutely shattered after a very stressful 6 days with mum.
But I've had a great nights sleep in my own bed and fell heaps better, if not 100%.

Scales were kind this morning. I've lost 0.8 kg whilst in the UK (1¾ lbs). So I'm heading over to the naughty step.
I did try though and ate sensibly - although I did let my hair down a bit over the weekeend.
So that leaves me 1.9 kg over target (4¼ lbs) - that's just a bit out of range but at least in the right direction.

Well done Pom. Great result and I bet more to lose as the flight always makes me retain water. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning ladies,

Hope you've all had good weekends!

Well done on the loss Pom!! Sorry you've had a stressful time, maybe the stress helped with the loss?

Well I know I shouldn't have but this past few days I've been weighing myself, just to check I'm on track I guess. Friday said I'd gained the 2lb I lost last week & I know I should ignore that & only go by official WI but everyday since then it's still said I've gained & it looks like it's not going to go down. I've been 100%, really watched my syns (trying to go for no more than 10) & I've stuck with my exercise. I'll be so gutted to gain for no reason, especially 2lbs, that's a lot when you've not been naughty. Anyway I should just ignore it & aim for Wednesday but I feel so disheartened. I'm so fed up with gaining for NO reason! Stupid hormones :(

YAY Pom welcome back we missed you :) sorry it was stressful but well done on the loss! Rod is back on the tough love thread so be warned we're in for a treat hahahaha

2 out of 3 times the scales will be wrong Lisa its a very bad measurement of fat loss and gain and at the end of the day that's what matters. Believe me I'm learning the hard way. Darling bf still has me ont he scales ban and you know what its the making of me. Eat when hungry, stop when satisfied to get to know what your body needs not what the portion your told to have is. Especially with exercise you need to measure fat loss not weight loss IMHO.
Morning ladies,

Hope you've all had good weekends!

Well done on the loss Pom!! Sorry you've had a stressful time, maybe the stress helped with the loss?

Well I know I shouldn't have but this past few days I've been weighing myself, just to check I'm on track I guess. Friday said I'd gained the 2lb I lost last week & I know I should ignore that & only go by official WI but everyday since then it's still said I've gained & it looks like it's not going to go down. I've been 100%, really watched my syns (trying to go for no more than 10) & I've stuck with my exercise. I'll be so gutted to gain for no reason, especially 2lbs, that's a lot when you've not been naughty. Anyway I should just ignore it & aim for Wednesday but I feel so disheartened. I'm so fed up with gaining for NO reason! Stupid hormones :(

Well done hon awesome work. Where are you doing slimming world?
Lost 2 lbs this week and got my stone and a half award im delighted xx just 6 lbs to target xx

exiguous said:
Well done hon awesome work. Where are you doing slimming world?

Thanks hun xx im doing it in Clonmel there are 5 group times on a monday in August there will be a wednesday evening group to as mondays are getting so busy.

Oh wow, I had no idea SW was in Ireland!! pretty cool. I don't think I can face going to meetings and stuff for a while I've had enough of being weighed by strangers lol

2 out of 3 times the scales will be wrong Lisa its a very bad measurement of fat loss and gain and at the end of the day that's what matters. Believe me I'm learning the hard way. Darling bf still has me ont he scales ban and you know what its the making of me. Eat when hungry, stop when satisfied to get to know what your body needs not what the portion your told to have is. Especially with exercise you need to measure fat loss not weight loss IMHO.

You're totally right I know!! :) I'm hoping that the extra exercise (mainly Jillian) will change my body shape even if it doesn't increase my weightloss. But more often not when I gain it's a week I've stuck to plan 100%. I really don't understand that, they say if you do SW to the book you'll lose...I'm ok with a maintain every now & then but to gain for no reason, I just don't get it! :confused:

It's worse now too as I have a countdown to a holiday in Sept & my target is 1lb a week which is totally achievable....to the average person, but if I gain this week I'll be behind plan. Bah!

Lost 2 lbs this week and got my stone and a half award im delighted xx just 6 lbs to target xx

Woo-hoo!! Very well done :D

You're totally right I know!! :) I'm hoping that the extra exercise (mainly Jillian) will change my body shape even if it doesn't increase my weightloss. But more often not when I gain it's a week I've stuck to plan 100%. I really don't understand that, they say if you do SW to the book you'll lose...I'm ok with a maintain every now & then but to gain for no reason, I just don't get it! :confused:

It's worse now too as I have a countdown to a holiday in Sept & my target is 1lb a week which is totally achievable....to the average person, but if I gain this week I'll be behind plan. Bah!

Get your tape measure out Lisa. I have only lost a paltry 4lbs or so in the past 2 months but I have lost 8.5 inches and dropped a dress size with my best friend/worst enemy Jillian ;) I could barely squeeze into size 14 jeans 2 months ago and now size 12 have room but my BMI/weight is still waaaaay high!

exiguous said:
Oh wow, I had no idea SW was in Ireland!! pretty cool. I don't think I can face going to meetings and stuff for a while I've had enough of being weighed by strangers lol

There is one after starting in Thurles the consultant is lovely she is the one who weighs us on a monday in the clonmel group. Soon there will be one in cahir starting up. Its after getting so popular around here everyone is joining xx how was ur weekend hun did u watch the match xx

That's brilliant. Yup watched the match did you? Was very unfortunate - we seem to have sucky luck in big tournaments! Lovely weekend thanks you? Had a friends 30th in Dublin was very fun even on the water!

There is one after starting in Thurles the consultant is lovely she is the one who weighs us on a monday in the clonmel group. Soon there will be one in cahir starting up. Its after getting so popular around here everyone is joining xx how was ur weekend hun did u watch the match xx

exiguous said:
That's brilliant. Yup watched the match did you? Was very unfortunate - we seem to have sucky luck in big tournaments! Lovely weekend thanks you? Had a friends 30th in Dublin was very fun even on the water!

Ah i did watch it i was hoping for a draw ill be in Dublin on thursday when the next match is on ill have to see it tho couldnt miss it. i dont hold much hope for a result against Spain but im just happy that we are in the Euros xx have to be proud of them for getting there xx your weekend sounds like fun xx

Back