The really slow loss team!

Sorry to hear that Lou, I hope it start to regulate soon!

Well it's WI day today and.... I've stayed the same! Must admit I worked my socks off & deserved a loss but I'm happy with a sts considering every single day (including yesterday) the scales read a gain of at least 1lb, so anything else is better than that!! I'm now only 0.5lb ahead of my goal of losing 1lb a week so I'll be sticking to my Jillian, I can already see the tops of my arms (very slightly....) getting defined. Yay :)

If anyone wants a really excellent book Dr.Laroque Be thin through motivation and Be Thin and Self Confident are certainly worth the investment. I got them at a clinic I used to go to I didnt fully appreciate them at the time - but now that I don't get weighed by anyone else and I'm trying to live a lifestyle instead of a diet they're really making a difference to how I see my weight. Think you girlies are all doing brilliantly.

exiguous said:
If anyone wants a really excellent book Dr.Laroque Be thin through motivation and Be Thin and Self Confident are certainly worth the investment. I got them at a clinic I used to go to I didnt fully appreciate them at the time - but now that I don't get weighed by anyone else and I'm trying to live a lifestyle instead of a diet they're really making a difference to how I see my weight. Think you girlies are all doing brilliantly.

Ooh thanks I'll look for them. I've been reading the dr beck one very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning peeps!!!! Well after 2 terrible days now I am determined to pull myself around. I am cutting the grass today then am going to
Go for a long walk later and I'm sticking to 1200 cals if it kills me. My periods are messed up, started spotting again yesterday and had mass period pains but nothing again today. I think it's the herbal tablets trying to regulate my periods. I can only take them for 6 months and in that time they're meant to get a regular cycle going. God I hope so.

By the way anyone on MFP who wants to add me my name is louhu17 x

That's the ticket Lou - get back up and at 'em again. I sometimes think a short break away from the strict discipline does you good and helps re-focus things.

I seem to have been in the doldrums a bit too, especailly exercise-wise, after being unable to do anything regular for the best part of a month but I am back on it again now and have swapped and changed things up which seems to have helped with the boredom element...... Jillian is great, but after 30 days of her I've had enough of listening to her smart little quips!!

A sneak peak this monring suggests I may have broken my plateau/small gain period (strangely enough by increasing my calories!), but we shall have to see what Friday's official weigh in brings. I do hope so as it is getting pretty disheartening again just now :(

Anyway - onwards and downwards for us all! I have sent a friend request to you on MFP - you will only be my fourth mate.... very exclusive me ;) :8855:

Annya said:
That's the ticket Lou - get back up and at 'em again. I sometimes think a short break away from the strict discipline does you good and helps re-focus things.

I seem to have been in the doldrums a bit too, especailly exercise-wise, after being unable to do anything regular for the best part of a month but I am back on it again now and have swapped and changed things up which seems to have helped with the boredom element...... Jillian is great, but after 30 days of her I've had enough of listening to her smart little quips!!

A sneak peak this monring suggests I may have broken my plateau/small gain period (strangely enough by increasing my calories!), but we shall have to see what Friday's official weigh in brings. I do hope so as it is getting pretty disheartening again just now :(

Anyway - onwards and downwards for us all! I have sent a friend request to you on MFP - you will only be my fourth mate.... very exclusive me ;) :8855:

I only have 3 mates. Including you lol. Well done you for getting back on the wagon. I'm desperate to
Do some toning up but it's difficult with the kids then I find I use that as an excuse instead of making time. I live walking though So must make more time for that. The problem is the weather 100% the weeks it was warm and sunny I lost 5 pound cos I was feeling better and motivated, moving more and eating less. It turned rubbish and I can't stop craving stodge and I feel fatigued. I must conquer this. X

Sorry to hear that Lou, I hope it start to regulate soon!

Well it's WI day today and.... I've stayed the same! Must admit I worked my socks off & deserved a loss but I'm happy with a sts considering every single day (including yesterday) the scales read a gain of at least 1lb, so anything else is better than that!! I'm now only 0.5lb ahead of my goal of losing 1lb a week so I'll be sticking to my Jillian, I can already see the tops of my arms (very slightly....) getting defined. Yay :)

Lisa - well done your STS....as you say, better than the gain you had been seeing all week :rolleyes:

I feel it for you in terms of disappointment. I have been STS or having tiny gains/loses for the past month despite good diet and at least average exercise (well, most days anyway) and am finding it VERY frustrating, although I am hoping that I have finally broken the plateau demon's back this week.

It may be that you are holding on to some water too in your muscles to help with repair - as you say you have been busting a gut with the she-devil JM ;) Try cutting back your sodium intake to an absolute minimum, drinking AT LEAST 2 litres of water a day (or low-cal squash - I am not a purist as some folks are!) and take at least one rest day a week.

When I did the 30DS I did it as she apparently originally intended it to be done before her marketing team pushed her into changing it up for a flat out, hard core probgramme which was 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 1 day rest which saved an awful lot of muscle pain and cut out some of the water retention too - well for me anyway. It also stops the boredom kicking in, which is the reason many folks give up on fitness programmes, + there is much evidence that you body gets used to the same old thing and the exercise becomes less effective.

I did smile when you mention your upper arm definition - I went to see my GP today for my usual 6 monthly "MOT" - I showed him my "girlie biceps" and he was very impressed :D My blood pressure (which wasn't bad in the first place)has improved and my resting pulse was only 58bpm down from 72bpm six months ago - apparently all signs that the new regime is working - I was really pleased I must say.

We can do this girls - lots of NSV celebrating this week (better muscle tone/fitness levels/energy levels etc) even if the scale is not as kind as we expected/hoped.

The problem is the weather 100% the weeks it was warm and sunny I lost 5 pound cos I was feeling better and motivated, moving more and eating less. It turned rubbish and I can't stop craving stodge and I feel fatigued. I must conquer this. X

I can soooo relate to that Lou - I was all ready to go out with Lily to do my Pooch to 5k session last night and the heavens opened (again) :( I am so ruddy sick of this weather! My biggest problem is that I can only excerise evenings and weekends because I am stuck in an office for 8-12 hours a day, 5 days a week, so I am a real slave to the weather. Grrrrr :mad:

I'm the same was proper into swimming but walking to the pool and back when it's raining always puts me off. I guess thats stupid as I'm going to get wet anyway but still. Also means I don't walk the school runs which is 4 miles a day as I don't want the boys getting soaked. Here's hoping for some sun! Xx

Let's do a sun dance lol. It's really hard when you work to fit in exercise, I'm at home all day do have no excuse other than 2 babies hanging off me haha.

Well I cut the front and back garden and did some weeding. Gonna take my toddler to nursery then into town to do errands and for a speed walk. Hubby is off work with a bad tummy so I've got a bit of time to
Myself which is great!!! I'm leaving the baby with him and going for a walk alone. It will be weird not pushing a pram!!!!

I always felt weird walking around with no pram after having one for so long, like I didn't know what to do with my hands!! They felt awkward, I'm such a freak! X

Love your post Annya, you're totally right.

I know the 30DS is "meant" to be do it straight for the 30 days (with rest days of course) but there's no way I can do that, I get too bored far too easy. I like the plan you set out. I'm loving the 30DS & the No More Trouble Zones so going to combine that when I have the energy! Last night I felt sore from the night before so I did 20mins on my Davina step with hands weights, weirdly enough I burned more calories doing that (82) than when I did 30DS Monday (32)...odd! I have to mix it up to keep myself focused, but I will admit I love working out. I find if I'm upset/angry/emotional it really helps & takes my mind off what ever is going on. And if I get benefits at the end of it yay! I bought a gorgeous floor length dress Monday to wear the end of the month, it skims my thighs ever so slightly so I'm hoping if I'm "diligent" (as our friend JM says) it may look better on my legs by then :)

Even though I didn't lose this week I woke up feeling SO good today, almost trimmer & leaner....all in my mind I'm sure but hey ho it's a good feeling!!

Keep up the GREAT work Annya!! x

I have 30DS to take away on holiday with me next week as there is no gym and I have to get back into exercise again. I don't know if I will do it but I need to try.

I am hoping the pool is big enough to swim in.

I also STS last night after I put on 2lbs last week as usual no rhyme or reason to it. So I am trying not to get upset about it.

In all honesty I don't intend to SW next week on holiday as I will find it difficult enough to eat on all inclusive as there are whole food groups I don't eat - meat shellfish chicken. We went AI as it was so much cheaper then b & b so I am hoping for fresh salads and fruit although latest reviews of the hotel say there is no proper fruit selection just apples and bananas .

I have 30DS to take away on holiday with me next week as there is no gym and I have to get back into exercise again. I don't know if I will do it but I need to try.

I am hoping the pool is big enough to swim in.

I also STS last night after I put on 2lbs last week as usual no rhyme or reason to it. So I am trying not to get upset about it.

In all honesty I don't intend to SW next week on holiday as I will find it difficult enough to eat on all inclusive as there are whole food groups I don't eat - meat shellfish chicken. We went AI as it was so much cheaper then b & b so I am hoping for fresh salads and fruit although latest reviews of the hotel say there is no proper fruit selection just apples and bananas .

Wow good on you for planning to workout on holiday!!

I often get good all-inc deals & as a vegetarian I'm always limited. There'll always be salads & rice dishes plus veggies cooked different ways. Moist places have tons of breads to choose from, all fresh! I'm sure you'll find plenty to eat. I never stick to SW when I'm away, being veggie & limited can be hard enough let alone having to work out syn values so I just eat what I want! (not forgetting all those lovely cocktails) :)

Theres no way your only burning 30 calories on 30 day shred. More like 130

Love your post Annya, you're totally right.

I know the 30DS is "meant" to be do it straight for the 30 days (with rest days of course) but there's no way I can do that, I get too bored far too easy. I like the plan you set out. I'm loving the 30DS & the No More Trouble Zones so going to combine that when I have the energy! Last night I felt sore from the night before so I did 20mins on my Davina step with hands weights, weirdly enough I burned more calories doing that (82) than when I did 30DS Monday (32)...odd! I have to mix it up to keep myself focused, but I will admit I love working out. I find if I'm upset/angry/emotional it really helps & takes my mind off what ever is going on. And if I get benefits at the end of it yay! I bought a gorgeous floor length dress Monday to wear the end of the month, it skims my thighs ever so slightly so I'm hoping if I'm "diligent" (as our friend JM says) it may look better on my legs by then :)

Even though I didn't lose this week I woke up feeling SO good today, almost trimmer & leaner....all in my mind I'm sure but hey ho it's a good feeling!!

Keep up the GREAT work Annya!! x

I agree - I burn anywhere between 152 and 200 cals on Level 3 of the 30DS depending on how hard I bust my buns...... has to be at least 130.

Ha we're the exact same weight
I agree - I burn anywhere between 152 and 200 cals on Level 3 of the 30DS depending on how hard I bust my buns...... has to be at least 130.

Well I say I am going to work out but I always say that when I go away ! As I am with my mother I am hoping she will be up to a little walk everyday.

The bread and cake is what is worrying me !

In May my Dad bought me a heart rate monitor that goes on your wrist, I've been tracking my HR & calories etc. And yep last week I burned over 200 doing the 30DS but Monday only 30. It was really odd, I gave it my all so I know I wasn't flagging. It's been accurate all this time....

I seeee sometimes the sweat can block the pulse getting to the back of the wrist ones, but you more than likely bunred 150 to 200 if you were giving it welly. Running is easy to count cause every km is about 100 cals so I find that easy to count up. I dont count shred in my exercise calories, just in my work out week.

In May my Dad bought me a heart rate monitor that goes on your wrist, I've been tracking my HR & calories etc. And yep last week I burned over 200 doing the 30DS but Monday only 30. It was really odd, I gave it my all so I know I wasn't flagging. It's been accurate all this time....

Back