The really slow loss team!

Did she get settled eventually?
She's not there yet! Moving in early September - I come back to the UK on 2nd to do the 4th and final week of sorting and packing and she is moving in on the 8th.

How long have you been in Spain?
Lived her exactly 6 weeks last Tuesday (my birthday) but owned the house for 10 years now.
Used it for 4 years as a holiday home and trying to work out what to do with it in terms of renovations.
Our house was built in the 50's and hadn't been decorated or updated since then.
Little things like no electric sockets in the lounge or dining room !!!!

If you want to have a nosey at what we've done this the public link to my FB photos.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1229298804873.2033270.1001168493&type=3&l=decc2c60d8

We updated it in 2 stages and the pictures show what it was like
1. When we bought it,
2. After the "Changing Rooms" makeover to make it habitable,
3. After the BIG "reformas"

Yep - trying to sort my mum's LARGE 3-bed semi out to move her to a SMALL 1-bed apartment!!! :cry:
It been a nightmare - lots of tears, lots of rows (about throwing daft things out like odd buttons, rizla cigarette papers that were her brothers and he's been dead 15 years!)

Be prepared for a BIGGISH gain. When people come off CD SS to go to to CD 850 or 1000 the average gain is 4-5 lbs in the first week.

Mum and I shared one of those egg & potato salads between us with a packet of ham and we were both full. They are a good size.
I struggle with bread too. I just love the fantastic fresh baguettes you get here. Hot, straight out of the wood-fired oven, I could eat one all to myself!

Hiya Pommette

And big thanks for the reply how nice of you to take the time!

Only processed carbs i eat and dont' eat much of it is bread - Im just struggling big time with water retention but been to my Doc who says water tablets don't help and he doesn't prescribe them anymore!! I do drink loads to try and combat it with drinking lots of water but that doesn't appear to help!

I cant give up as I need to shift this extra weight so its a case of try diff things to see which works best!

Which part of Spain do you live in? Love Spain and Mallorca ;o)

Hi there everyone. I am just popping on to say I am OK & thank everyone who has sent messages to me :)

A car hit a telegraph pole up the road 10 days ago and BT only just fixed it today so no phone and no Internet access for 10 days :(

Not great on the weight loss front for the past couple of weeks for various reasons and I've gained 3lbs, but I am back on it now!

Too many threads to go through so I shan't event TRY to catch up - just start from now.... glad to see you all still here plus some new faces too :)

Annya said:
Hi there everyone. I am just popping on to say I am OK & thank everyone who has sent messages to me :)

A car hit a telegraph pole up the road 10 days ago and BT only just fixed it today so no phone and no Internet access for 10 days :(

Not great on the weight loss front for the past couple of weeks for various reasons and I've gained 3lbs, but I am back on it now!

Too many threads to go through so I shan't event TRY to catch up - just start from now.... glad to see you all still here plus some new faces too :)

I wondered where u was!!!! Glad your ok x

well well well, i dont chat over the weekend and theres loads to catch up on!? welcome back annya and pommy! Dementia is so difficult to manage because they still look like the person you know its difficult to rationalise there outbursts, testing times !

Well done on the losers who ALWAYS find time for others and congratulate and support others, its your turn to shine! I get a bee in my bonnet when folks only pop by to post their loss and nothing else!! you really deserve it-especially surviving on 400 calories *gulps* at least you have something that works for you! good luck everyone!

Hi Annya, I've been a bit AWOL the last week so catching up on the posts myself.

Sorry to hear about the gain but you're back on it so that's good :)

And glad you have your internet back. We need your lovely comments on here! :)

Why is it some wks you can feel so positive & other times (like now:-() it feels like such a struggle to stay on track, no what i have to do, just not doin it :-(

I've just read back and missed several posts..was it charl or Lisa who said they liked my profile pic? Thanks whoever it was :D

Welcome back Pom, just tried to click on your pics but my phone is being stupid so I'll look on laptop, love a good renovation ;)

I am trying not to comment too much on this thread as I do understand its still a Sw thread and I don't want to fill it with my different diet crusades, I still love Sw, it's taught me loads but unfortunately it just didn't work for me any more, so I've tried other things, I wish it did work for me as I enjoyed it and felt so healthy, but 6 months of losing and gaining the same 7 pounds left me depressed, I had to try something else. Being hard on myself and eating a lot less is working for me. As soon as I start making excuses as to why I can eat this and that my
Weight goes up again, so I apologise if I come across harsh at times, I don't mean it nasty at all I just know from my
Own experience how the excuses don't help and I guess I just want to help other people Cos its what's made the difference for me. but I fear I came across as a cow in the past which is why I have backed off as I don't want to upset anyone. My absence isn't cos I don't care it's cos I do ;)

I am trying not to comment too much on this thread as I do understand its still a Sw thread and I don't want to fill it with my different diet crusades, I still love Sw, it's taught me loads but unfortunately it just didn't work for me any more, so I've tried other things, I wish it did work for me as I enjoyed it and felt so healthy, but 6 months of losing and gaining the same 7 pounds left me depressed, I had to try something else. Being hard on myself and eating a lot less is working for me. As soon as I start making excuses as to why I can eat this and that my
Weight goes up again, so I apologise if I come across harsh at times, I don't mean it nasty at all I just know from my
Own experience how the excuses don't help and I guess I just want to help other people Cos its what's made the difference for me. but I fear I came across as a cow in the past which is why I have backed off as I don't want to upset anyone. My absence isn't cos I don't care it's cos I do ;)

Nothing you've said is harsh!! If anything it's totally real, because you've gained your knowledge through experience. I first joined SW over 3 years ago & I'm not a huge amount from that starting weight but I feel I've finally found what works. It's SW but not enjoying as much as I want. Even fruit & things. I used to eat at least 3 apples a day plus satsumas, grapes, strawberries etc. I've now realised I can't do that so I stick to SW but I weigh a lot of my foods (ok all of them!). That way I know how much is enough for me. I know the basis of SW says you dont need to weigh Free & Superfree but that just doesn't work for me, I need it controlled. And for once I'm coming out on top :)

It's about trial & error, somtimes loooooong trials. Finding what works you for & your body.

What I'm saying Lou is no matter what you're eating, what "diet" you're doing, you are part of this team & you're not going anywhere!!!!!!

Have lost the plot!!! Hubby in hosp think he has heart attack :-( no choc in house but have devoured bread and butter,lots of it!!!
Will get back on track cc tomorrow need comfort now !! 0:)

Back