The really slow loss team!

Ann, so so glad hubby is home. Have you had the results of all the tests yet?

Hi Pom, hubby has result from one test and it shows narrowing in an artery,no op needed,thank goodness.Thats what he gets for reading 50 shades of grey!!!

And a well done from me too Ann

I've posted this on a friends fred about feeling guilty about food - it goes something like this. . .

I'm feeling guilty. I can't get Total 0% Greek yoghurt here and I love the stuff.
But . . . I found some Danone 70% reduced fat stuff that is only 4 syns. And I feel soooooooo guilty eating it.
I'm allowed it - especially now I'm maintaining - but it is so drummed into my brain that I MUST have 0% stuff.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr . . . these bleddy diets really mess with our heads - even healthy eating ones like SW.

Well, I bought some more Greek yogurt yesterday and before I chucked the packaging away I ran them through the syn calculator on the SW website.

They are only ½ syn :D Yippeee - I don't have to feel guilty any more.

Hi wondered if i could join you all? Was losing a good 2-3lb a week at beginning of the year and then on a month break to move house etc i put all of it bck on, now i cant seem to lise much each week even though ive been sticking to plan well and doing more exersice and aqua fit so im getting a bit deflated with it all and wondering if im ever going to lose 6stone? Will take me forever at this rate as this week i only lost half lb then week begore 1lb and maintained the week before x

Some havd suggested it coukd be the new exersice im doing or could be ive had a water infection so could be retaining water but even with these readons i do worry im not going to keep as focused if im not seeing good results at the rnd of it x

How does everyone else deal with small losses? Xx

Hi wondered if i could join you all? Was losing a good 2-3lb a week at beginning of the year and then on a month break to move house etc i put all of it bck on, now i cant seem to lise much each week even though ive been sticking to plan well and doing more exersice and aqua fit so im getting a bit deflated with it all and wondering if im ever going to lose 6stone? Will take me forever at this rate as this week i only lost half lb then week begore 1lb and maintained the week before x

Some havd suggested it coukd be the new exersice im doing or could be ive had a water infection so could be retaining water but even with these readons i do worry im not going to keep as focused if im not seeing good results at the rnd of it x

How does everyone else deal with small losses? Xx
Hi & Welcome Teamnasher - the whole point of this thread is that we are slow losers! :8855: 1 lb a week is our norm.

How do we cope? Well 1 lb a week is 52 lbs a year = 3 st 10lb. So not so shabby really in the grand scheme of things.

It took me 5½ years (elapsed) to lose almost 5 st - in 2 chunks of about 1 year each. And 3 years in the middle maitaining.
Losing slowly is the best way as you will be re-educating your appetite and brain along the way making it easier to keep it off.

The people I feel sorry for are those that lose 5 stone in 5 months and then wonder why they just slap all the weight back on again.
They think "Wow I'm there" but they haven't changed their habits and just revert to what they were doing before and and not concentrate on how to carry on.

The biggest reason not to lose is a) carb bloat and b) water rentention.
Err - and I'm afraid to say eating too big portions.

Try cutting down on your processed carbs (e.g. bread, cous cous and pasta etc) and drink more water to get rid of the water rentention.
AT LEAST 8 big glasses of water a day is required.

Just remind yourself that you ARE still losing, are slimmer than before and that you're in this for the long haaul and for LIFE!

Last edited:
Pommette said:
Hi & Welcome Teamnasher - the whole point of this thread is that we are slow losers! :8855: 1 lb a week is our norm.

How do we cope? Well 1 lb a week is 52 lbs a year = 3 st 10lb. So not so shabby really in the grand scheme of things.

It took me 5½ years (elapsed) to lose almost 5 st - in 2 chunks of about 1 year each. And 3 years in the middle maitaining.
Losing slowly is the best way as you will be re-educating your appetite and brain along the way making it easier to keep it off.

The people I feel sorry for are those that lose 5 stone in 5 months and then wonder why they just slap all the weight back on again.
They think "Wow I'm there" but they haven't changed their habits and just revert to what they were doing before and and not concentrate on how to carry on.

The biggest reason not to lose is a) carb bloat and b) water rentention.
Err - and I'm afraid to say eating too big portions.

Try cutting down on your processed carbs (e.g. bread, cous cous and pasta etc) and drink more water to get rid of the water rentention.
AT LEAST 8 big glasses of water a day is required.

Just remind yourself that you ARE still losing, are slimmer than before and that you're in this for the long haaul and for LIFE!

Thanks so much for replying to me i feel a whole lot better already :) i will try and do what you suggest as i do t drink far enough water and i do need to lower my portions a bit so just told OH will be using smaller plate from now on :)

I will keep in touch how i do and look forward to readi g everyone ekses journeys :)

Well done for your amazing losses :) x

Welcome teamnasher. I must warn you about our strict rules here :) lose more than 1 lb a week and you will get sent to the naughty step and then you have to buy everyone a drink :)

Woodland girl said:
Welcome teamnasher. I must warn you about our strict rules here :) lose more than 1 lb a week and you will get sent to the naughty step and then you have to buy everyone a drink :)

Lol thanks for warning me :) xx

Back