The really slow loss team!

Welcome teamnasher. I must warn you about our strict rules here :) lose more than 1 lb a week and you will get sent to the naughty step and then you have to buy everyone a drink :)
And the full rules are as follows:

Rule 1: If you lose more than 1 lb you head off to the naughty step.

Rule 2: Lose more than 2 lbs and you have to pay for the party there - several bottles of wine and the odd G&T or V&C usually get consumed

Rule 3: Lose more than a pound 2 weeks in a row and not only are you on the naughty step but you get lines as well.

Rule 4: Do it 3 weeks in a row - err well it's never happened yet so haven't worked out what to punish people with yet.

Afternoon chicas.

Well, gain for me of 1¼ lbs (too much fresh, white baguette grrrrr - but beautiful) leaving me just ½lb over official target and 3 lbs away now from 5 st shiney.

Going to try and have a strick week as, guess what?, I'm heading back to the UK AGAIN next Sunday when my eating habits are not good. I'll hopefully move mum to her new apartment but there's still so much to sort out that I'm starting to get panicky about it.

Had a bit of a rubbish weekend, demon dog goes tomorrow though and I'm walking five miles to get there and back lol. Been so stressed out with it all the past 2 weeks but hopefully I can get back to normal now. Really enjoying running and am finding it relieves stress. Just need to stop those picky fingers on a night!! Hope everyone else is having a better weekend

Demon dog? Have I missed something (yes, I probably have - this thread moves so fast sometimes!)

I love my running too Lou, especially with Lily as well, although the weather hasn't been great for it of late :( I have had a great weekend socially but a terrible one food-wise. Thankfully (for my flab at least!) the rally season is now over again for another year so I can try and get my head back in the right place and get on. Here's wishing us both luck in sitting on our picky fingered hands ;)

Afternoon chicas.

Well, gain for me of 1¼ lbs (too much fresh, white baguette grrrrr - but beautiful) leaving me just ½lb over official target and 3 lbs away now from 5 st shiney. Never mind my lovely - you will get there.

Going to try and have a strick week as, guess what?, I'm heading back to the UK AGAIN next Sunday when my eating habits are not good. I'll hopefully move mum to her new apartment but there's still so much to sort out that I'm starting to get panicky about it.

Don't panic Mrs Manwaring (you remember Dad's Army ;)). Hopefully you are on the final straight now and Mum will be suitably ensonced in her new apartment before long. Wish I was closer - I'd love to come along and give you a hand :)

Hi all!

Just catchng up with everyones posts. I've been a bit awol the last week or so. I said recently how bad things have become, last Tuesday I did see my Dr & he as put me on AD's. I was on them 2 years ago but this time is so much worse, its not just my emotions that are out of control, I've been really affected physically, I'm so weak all the time & aching. I'm really trying to push myself & keep myself going. When this happened 2 years ago I think I lost the plot with food but this time as much as I want to give in I've totally stuck to plan, eating is the only thing I'm in control of right now so I'm not going wrong with that again. Fitness has gone out the window unfortunately. I did a 15 minute walk today & was exhausted after, I had hand weights & felt my arms were going to snap. Hopefully as things pick up I'll be able to get back into it, I miss Jillian kicking my butt!!

Hope everyones enjoying their bank holiday, shame the sun's not out!!

Poor you Lisa. So sorry to hear things are bad. I so hope the ADs will sort you out and you can start to feel more positive again soon.

Well done for sticking to plan regardless - last time I had a bout of depression I gained a stone in a matter of weeks :eek:

Big, big, BIGhugs coming your way..................... :bighug::hug99::grouphugg::patback:

And ((( BIG HUGS ))) from me too Lisa. Depression is a reet booger!

Thank you ladies :)

It had been a long time coming & I was determined to combat it myself without medical help, that wasn't happening so I had to do something. I already feel a little better knowing how hard I'm trying. I'm going to Egypt next month so I have that to look forward to :)

Hi all!

Just catchng up with everyones posts. I've been a bit awol the last week or so. I said recently how bad things have become, last Tuesday I did see my Dr & he as put me on AD's. I was on them 2 years ago but this time is so much worse, its not just my emotions that are out of control, I've been really affected physically, I'm so weak all the time & aching. I'm really trying to push myself & keep myself going. When this happened 2 years ago I think I lost the plot with food but this time as much as I want to give in I've totally stuck to plan, eating is the only thing I'm in control of right now so I'm not going wrong with that again. Fitness has gone out the window unfortunately. I did a 15 minute walk today & was exhausted after, I had hand weights & felt my arms were going to snap. Hopefully as things pick up I'll be able to get back into it, I miss Jillian kicking my butt!!

Hope everyones enjoying their bank holiday, shame the sun's not out!!

oh lisa big hug hun :( i really feel for you, depression is awful. im so pleased you went and got some help from the doctors, i hope the tablets work for you very soon. your a trooper xx

Hope things get a bit better soon Lisa, keeping some kind of control is really healthy though so well done xxx

helloo everyone! welcome newbies and acc glad your hubby has got his results and it can be sorted??

pommy i hope your mum is okay and you are not too stressed with the move.

hello annya

lisa well done ofr seeking advice, that really is the best thing to do-have you got access to finding out where your depression comes from? i have had it and know oh too well the fine line between coping and then not coping. I had excellent counselling a few years back because i was ready to face my demons. It was the hardest but best thing I have ever done...dont get me wrong they still rear their ugly head (right now in fact) but generally I can cope with these. but i am always walking a fine line!

i re gained the 2lb i keep losing and gaining. but i cannot moan its all over indulgence and *hic*wine

lisa well done ofr seeking advice, that really is the best thing to do-have you got access to finding out where your depression comes from? i have had it and know oh too well the fine line between coping and then not coping. I had excellent counselling a few years back because i was ready to face my demons. It was the hardest but best thing I have ever done...dont get me wrong they still rear their ugly head (right now in fact) but generally I can cope with these. but i am always walking a fine line!

To be honest I've never been that good at coping with things. This year has been pure hell, every single month something major has happened & I've just not had time to deal with one thing before another comes up. I feel like I'm just waiting for the next thing to happen :(

its okay to not cope with things Lisa, its such a shame its all getting to you. once your meds help you you may see things a bit clearer. Its horrible when that dark cloud hangs over everything you do, and your nearest and dearest do not understand. my mum used to say "how are you" and "yeah but your okay arent you?" used to make me explode!! how am I ??? you really really want to know?? and yeah mum i am just fine....... NOT!! others try and help by saying positives like this, because in fact they dont know how to help you and feel they dont know what else to say!! anyway i hope you have someon to talk to when your feeling like this?

Morning all

Hugs to you Lisa i have suffered with Depression on and off for years - its not nice but give the meds chance to work hun!

Its my WI tonight - and gawd i'm nervous/anxious yet i know ive been good just one particular lady in class i know shouts accross the room "HOW DID YOU GET ON" its so embarrassing means most the blummin class get to know ;o( Wouldn't mind if i was a constant loser but i'm not i have 2 weeks around TOTM that i put on and then i lose my measly amounts lol

Anyway will report later wiv my loss - please let me be on the naughty step ha!

its okay to not cope with things Lisa, its such a shame its all getting to you. once your meds help you you may see things a bit clearer. Its horrible when that dark cloud hangs over everything you do, and your nearest and dearest do not understand. my mum used to say "how are you" and "yeah but your okay arent you?" used to make me explode!! how am I ??? you really really want to know?? and yeah mum i am just fine....... NOT!! others try and help by saying positives like this, because in fact they dont know how to help you and feel they dont know what else to say!! anyway i hope you have someon to talk to when your feeling like this?

My parents obviously don't understand but they have been good, although every day they've said "are you feeling better today" like it will switch off, but I'd rather them ask anything than nothing. I did say to my Dad I've feel I've gone into a depression but the week before I saw my Dr my Mum told someone she doesn't want me going on AD's again, I don't know why, so in truth I haven't told them I'm on them again. I'm dealing with it myself. My closest friend is great, she can totally relate to depression. She's the one who really made me realise how bad things had got, she said I haven't been myself for a while, which I hadn't really noticed. She's a big support.

My parents obviously don't understand but they have been good, although every day they've said "are you feeling better today" like it will switch off, but I'd rather them ask anything than nothing. I did say to my Dad I've feel I've gone into a depression but the week before I saw my Dr my Mum told someone she doesn't want me going on AD's again, I don't know why, so in truth I haven't told them I'm on them again. I'm dealing with it myself. My closest friend is great, she can totally relate to depression. She's the one who really made me realise how bad things had got, she said I haven't been myself for a while, which I hadn't really noticed. She's a big support.

everyone deals with depression in different ways, were all different and if taking meds helps you then do what feels right, my mum always used to tell me not to take meds and would say helpful stuff like 'i dont get depressed cos i dont let myself' grrr, but after i had a breakdown 3 years ago where i told her the extent of the dark horrid thoughts i had to deal with each day, shes since changed her opinion on it...i think many people think depression is just feeling sad, but its so much deeper than that and different for everyone. i hope you manage to come through it really soon, being depressed and having anxiety and a breakdown was the single hardest thing i had to go through and i changed cos if it, im a totally different person now, and i still have episodes of it, and mood swings etc, i wish i had gotten help sooner, im pleased youve recognised it and have gone for help. big hug xx

Lisa - and all you other lovely tortoises who suffer with depression.
I've said it elsewhere on Minis, maybe on this fred at some point, but I'll say it again.

It is the most horrid, insidious disease known to man.

People are very wary of anything to do with the brain - and depression still seems to have such a huge stigma attached to it.
Heaven knows why - probably because they can't see it, like they can with a broken leg, is what frightens them.

If you had a broken leg you wouldn't think twice about letting the hospital put a cast on.
You also wouldn't think twice about taking pain killers for the first few days when you need them. And you certainly do

I know many people get "uppity" and are very against taking ADs but my view is that if they help then take them.
For a short time (to get you over the bad patches) or long term (if that is what is needed) - whatever is best for you.
Counselling helps loads of people but I know it is a) difficult to get on the NHS and b) hard to face your demons.

My mum suffers bouts of depression when nothing anyone does or says can help her. It's awful to see.
And she doesn't admit to anyone but me that this is what her problem is.
She sees is a stigna herself and I think has old views of the "madhouses" of the 19th century.
She tried counselling - after a lot of cajoling from me - but only went to 1 session saying "Well that was a waste of time - can't see that being ANY help". Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Her main problem though is that she is supposed to take low dose ADs now all the time but she forgets. One of the problems of dementia.

Bloomin' (((( GREAT BIG HUGS )))) to each and every one of you.

Back