The really slow loss team!

1.5lb off for me this week :D That's losses 3 weeks in a row.
Yippeee - well done chica, fantastic going - and another one on the naught step to join Trash and Teamnasher.

Can we get off now? Lol x well done trash :) x
Sorry - you're there for a whole week I'm afraid. But there's a few of yu there so you can party!!!

. . . I am sadly a huge failure at the moment :sigh:
Now listen here missy!!!!!
Repeat after me - I AM NOT A HUGE FAILURE

Considering the stress you under at the mo because of Al, a wee gain is nowt. And 3 lbs is not a huge amount.
You've lost almost 2 stone methinks and less than a stone from target. And your steroids don't help - you know that!
Ok you've been munchy - but so have I. I've consumed lots of Hula Hoops . . . and I actually went out on purpose to but the bleddy things.

Stress screws with our brains big time and we turn to our comfort foods.

So lift your head up and just try to avoid the bad munchies and attack the fruit instead. I know it doesn't quite hit the spot but . . .

((( Big Hugs ))) Chica

Thank you ladies................. :bighug::bighug:

He gave me a real scare this morning. He took Lily up the lane for walk but then called me to come and fetch him half an hour later when he got soaked in a downpour and developed chest pain that his GTN wouldn't shift :eek: When I found him he was leaned against a tree with Lily cuddled up next to him and looked pale and ghastly, but thankfully soon rallied once I got him home and warmed up and dry with a nice cuppa inside him. I don't know how much longer my nerves can stand this.................

I did call the GP, but he said that unless he has a full blown heart attack in the meantime all we can do now is wait to see what his exercise test shows (yep, really supportive and helpful....NOT!).

Oh sh1t Annya - that doesn't sound good at all. I despair of the NHS at the mo.

Hi all,have decided to go back to group,have been in touch with leader and will go back on saturday.Hubbys "do" last week is the kick up the bum I needed,you don't know what's round the corner! I'm doing this for my health and to have a happy healthy life with the family and dog! ;-)

Hi all,have decided to go back to group,have been in touch with leader and will go back on saturday.Hubbys "do" last week is the kick up the bum I needed,you don't know what's round the corner! I'm doing this for my health and to have a happy healthy life with the family and dog! ;-)
Well done Ann - you're right though about health. That's really what this losing weight lark is all about at the end of the day!
Ok we end up looking better but health-wise there are no end of benefits.

My arthritis was dreadful 6 years ago - my knees and hips being the worst. In particular the right knee. I couldn't walk more than 50 yards without doubling up in pain. I need a new knee - but at only 51/52 at the time my doctor was loathe to do anything fpor a few years.

5 stone lighter I can now walk for miles without the arthritis hurting. Mind you I suffer next day as the knee joint still doesn't like that much exercise.
But at least I know it a "good pain" iykwim and will go away within 24 hours.

Really sorry to read about al annya, definitely no dog walking, no exercise, he really should be as inactive as possible at the mo, my step dad is 76 this month and had a very bad heart attack 4 years ago, it was out of the blue and my dad also had very bad angina. Rest totally, as things that seem easy just aren't an option at the mo.

Don't ever say you're a failure as you've already achieved really good things, and sometimes plans and diets need to take a back burner, it doesn't mean yeah go and eat 20 maccy d's or owt but relax on yourself and get back on track when al's situation is slightly more resolved. Have you looked into private care? Or could that be an option? Or even 2nd opinions with other clinics?

My bf has been complaining he can't breathe properly for years his gp did nothing as did the hospital, but recently I made him see a diff gp and another hosp in the area and he was diagnosed with occupational asthma very badly and given meds straight away and booked in with a top dr in the field, it really does depend where you go sometimes.

Hope things get better soon.

Well done on the losses other ladies :)

And Lisa really hope the ad's have started to make a little impact, and things are feeling a little more in control. Sometimes its good to write lists, I know it sounds weird but when you have so many different situations as you say that have impacted on you, write them down, how they've made you feel, and if there was anything action you could take to counter them, or ways in which dealt with them to get passed it so you can try to understand how you could cope a little better. Even just the writing is sometimes therapeutic. I do it a lot when there's things I want to say but can't I just write and even if no one else sees just getting the thoughts out my brain helps.

Hope everyone else is ok. I'm still in Thailand, off to a full moon party tomorrow. Eek! Xxx

Thanks Charl. Private is sadly not an option - Al is retired and we just don't have the money. He is on "conservative" heart meds until after the tests as the Cardiologists said they didn't want him taking more than was necessary. Sadly he is much worse now that he was a few weeks ago when he saw them! However, he is fine again today and has been all the way up the forest with Lily and back down with no problems this morning! He has good and bad days - the extremes are getting further apart each time though. It seems that the cold and wet doesn't suit him well - his first bad attack in April that put him in hospital was bought on by being cold and wet packing away camping stuff in Buxton.

Not long now until his exercise tolerance test and he has another appointment next week with the GP to discuss his statins which are causing him to develop Type 2 diabetes next week. I will be there this time to make sure all his options are discussed properly... I've told him there's no more going this alone now!

Full moon party huh? I used to be a werewolf, but I'm alright nooooooooowwwwwwww ;) Silly joke that always make me chuckle :8855: Enjoy :D

. . . he has another appointment next week with the GP to discuss his statins which are causing him to develop Type 2 diabetes next week.
Sorry Annya, just had a little giggle to myself - not at Al but about what is written. You know my brain is weird.
I read this that he is going to doctors to make sure that his Type 2 diabetes develops next week!
:8855: Sorry . . . slinks off to the corner

Sorry Annya, just had a little giggle to myself - not at Al but about what is written. You know my brain is weird.
I read this that he is going to doctors to make sure that his Type 2 diabetes develops next week!
:8855: Sorry . . . slinks off to the corner

Eeeeee...... you daft woman ;) xxxxxxxx

I can see how you got there though - perhaps my phraseology should have been slightly less repetitive :8855::8855:

:coffee:morning, It's a lovely autumnal morning here so off for a dog walk:chores016:
Have decided on a red day and all meals planned :innocent0002: off shopping later hubby wants to buy a samsung tablet to cheer himself up!I think he deserves it in the circumstances :D
Hope you all have a lovely day:grouphugg:

Ann x

A very MEASLY 0.2lbs off this week and I am still 3 lbs heavier than I was 3 weeks ago, so I am feeling a tad dispirited to say the least :rolleyes:

Still, I suppose a loss is a loss :sigh:

Dont think im going to lose this week as in hospital with severe UTI and when im ill i want to eat everything insite plus the dinners they make are not that healthy considering its a hospital promoting good health seems silly offering fattening foods all the time but still at least im Allowed to eat now as they starved me for ages incase i needed surgery x Thankfully i dont so i can eat away x can work it off when better im sure x just hope i font put on too much x

Was supposed to be going on holiday with my hubby, boys and friends this evening eek! What a week :(

annya thats so scarry for you! you should have rung an ambulance when you couldnt relieve the pain with GTN, a hospital admission WILL speed up the tests

Teamnasher said:
Dont think im going to lose this week as in hospital with severe UTI and when im ill i want to eat everything insite plus the dinners they make are not that healthy considering its a hospital promoting good health seems silly offering fattening foods all the time but still at least im Allowed to eat now as they starved me for ages incase i needed surgery x Thankfully i dont so i can eat away x can work it off when better im sure x just hope i font put on too much x

Was supposed to be going on holiday with my hubby, boys and friends this evening eek! What a week :(

Sorry to hear this,hope your well soon

annya thats so scarry for you! you should have rung an ambulance when you couldnt relieve the pain with GTN, a hospital admission WILL speed up the tests

It eventually settled down once he warmed up, dried out and had a good few "toots" of GTN Felicity.

He refuses to let me call an ambulance - he says last time that happened he had to spend 14 hours in A&E then EAU for nothing (and he is right - they sent him home for investigation as an out-patient because he hadn't had a full blown heart attack!). He says I can call one when he is unconscious and not before. He is a stubborn old fart sometimes and hard to live with, but it's one of the many reasons I love him so much :heartpump:

Last edited:
Ann sounds like a good day planned! Get the hubby to buy you something too ;-) enjoy your day.

Annya sorry the loss isn't what you've wanted, maybe it will come of next week? You've had so much on you've done brilliant to stick to what you can, it's not easy. Hugs x

Teamnasher - oh that doesn't sound good!! Give yourself a little treat & get back on plan tomorrow. Draw a line under this week, it sounds like it was a bit out of your control. Hope you're feeling better.

Well I've just done my 30 day shred for the first time in 3 weeks. There was the odd bit I stopped half way through but I'm glad I did it. My legs are shaking now though, with my lack of energy I probably should have gone for something a bit less intense. I always say I like a challenge! The sun's shining here & it's gorgeous. Enjoy your day everyone :)

Back