The really slow loss team!

Annya said:
Your BMI is perfect Lou - perhaps try and find yourself something you enjoy to tone you up some more. Have you ever tried Pilates? I love it and it really does pull everything in if you stick with it - so relaxing too :)

My problem is a I am a bit of an exercise "tart" and I just flit from one thing to another. About the only exercise that's a regular for me is Leslie Sansone's walking programme, everything else is a bit of this and a bit of that then I get bored :rolleyes: I did enjoy the 30 day shred and I got great results, but I found the high impact stuff just too hard on my 50+ year old joints :eek: I might have a go at a modified version of it without all the jumping jacks, burpees and stair climbers - just do the toning sections and jog the cardio instead............

I bike 4 days one week for around 20 minutes each time then the weeks in between I do an extra 40 minutes, I walk every day almost, maybe one day a week where I don't walk anywhere, I stand on my feet for 5 hours 4 times a week, I clean for an hour solid one week,2 the next, then obviously cleaning my own house, running about after 2 toddlers all day every day, and a teen and a man so I'm mega active, I've just started my driving lessons amongst all this and am trying to build up my own business so I'm a bit stumped as to where id fit exercise in so it would have to be something incorporated into my day but a DVD is impossible, I'm never alone to do one ha ha. Think I'm going to do some sort if core exercises and arm exercises but I need to turn it into a routine or like you I just will get bored and not do it lol x

I think you do plenty of exercise Lou but its more about toning and strengthening muscles you need rather than cardio, just whenever you have 5-10 mins do a load of ab work and planks, it takes hardly any time, I quickly do them before bed diff kinds of crunches and a 2 min plank (or I did before Thailand) and results were quick and good, my stomach def got better. There's an app called skimble if u have a smartphone, it's fab for finding workouts for anything for any time period you have spare even just 1min.

I checked my weights today, carb bloat going down was 13st9 thurs and back to 13st6 already, going to stick to plan all week now so I'll fingers crossed break through 13st4!! Off to the beach with the kids and pup so hopefully will burn some cals there :) xx

charl_young said:
I think you do plenty of exercise Lou but its more about toning and strengthening muscles you need rather than cardio, just whenever you have 5-10 mins do a load of ab work and planks, it takes hardly any time, I quickly do them before bed diff kinds of crunches and a 2 min plank (or I did before Thailand) and results were quick and good, my stomach def got better. There's an app called skimble if u have a smartphone, it's fab for finding workouts for anything for any time period you have spare even just 1min.

I checked my weights today, carb bloat going down was 13st9 thurs and back to 13st6 already, going to stick to plan all week now so I'll fingers crossed break through 13st4!! Off to the beach with the kids and pup so hopefully will burn some cals there :) xx

Thanks charl ill have a look at that app xx

LoosER not loose haha but it's totally

Fine how it is now so if I lose too much I'm in trouble lol. That's a crap excuse isn't it. The reason is I wanted it, I enjoyed it and I do t feel guilty at all. I am thinking if calling target tbh. I'm soooooo sick of trying to lose weight. I need to tone up more than anything. I'm bit even overweight anymore, I'm a size 12 and am pretty happy how I am. Like I say I really need to to e up but not sure I need to lose much more weight. Gonna have a think about it x
Great news on the dress chica. Well done you.
Calling target . . . this is yours at the mo methinks - Current BMI: 23.9
So why not chica - your BMI is in the healthy range and as you say if you are sick of trying to lose weight and if it's stressing you that's not good.
Toning up is also a great idea - but don't be depressed about any floppy bits YET.
When I got to target almost 12 months ago I had lots of horrid wobbly skin on my tummy, arms and legs. Now 12 months later the tummy and arms are heaps better. The thighs are still a bit yuk but still work in progress. I really got depressed and contemplated surgery which I never thought I would . . . but one of the guys on here who lost almost 200 lbs said he had an apron of skin on his stomach that took 2 years to go away so I took heart and just lived with it.
I tone my arms with two 1 litre milk bottles full of water (no money to buy weights :cry:) - I just do 2 minutes a day sort of wafting them around and it works.
Plus I do abs crunches when I remember and they do help although I have to be careful 'cos of my back (broken when 18 and badly injured at 30).
Can't do planks - they really hurt my back!
If you want I'll send you the links to the videos I found on YouTube to show you what some of the easy stuff that even an old fogey like me can manage.

PS I'm bit even overweight anymore
Think you mean not :8855:

Pommette said:
Great news on the dress chica. Well done you.
Calling target . . . this is yours at the mo methinks - Current BMI: 23.9
So why not chica - your BMI is in the healthy range and as you say if you are sick of trying to lose weight and if it's stressing you that's not good.
Toning up is also a great idea - but don't be depressed about any floppy bits YET.
When I got to target almost 12 months ago I had lots of horrid wobbly skin on my tummy, arms and legs. Now 12 months later the tummy and arms are heaps better. The thighs are still a bit yuk but still work in progress. I really got depressed and contemplated surgery which I never thought I would . . . but one of the guys on here who lost almost 200 lbs said he had an apron of skin on his stomach that took 2 years to go away so I took heart and just lived with it.
I tone my arms with two 1 litre milk bottles full of water (no money to buy weights :cry:) - I just do 2 minutes a day sort of wafting them around and it works.
Plus I do abs crunches when I remember and they do help although I have to be careful 'cos of my back (broken when 18 and badly injured at 30).
Can't do planks - they really hurt my back!
If you want I'll send you the links to the videos I found on YouTube to show you what some of the easy stuff that even an old fogey like me can manage.

PS I'm bit even overweight anymore
Think you mean not :8855:

Yes that would be rely helpful thanks. I'm so weak I've got no upper body strength at all and need to work on it. HAHA I did mean not-bloody auto correct strikes again!!!

Morning lovelies. My cold's a lot better.
How are you all? Weather here is dire - it's been raining on and off since last Monday. No sunshine at all - just grey.

Well my last 2 weeks bloat have all gone - and a bit more besides.
I lost 2.2 kgs (just over 4¾ lbs) so I'm back under my 5 stone target and now just 3 lbs over my new target.
Well pleased - my strict week worked BIG time. That's my biggest loss ever in the last 2 years.
But as I said I was really strict and it was all bloat. So not fair really.

But I'm over on the naughty step with lots of booze ready. Send me your order!

For the lovely new ladies just to let you know that are a few rules that you have to abide by :8855:
They are listed in full here But to summarise . . .

As we are slow losers that means 1 lb a week or less is the norm BUT . . .
There are only 3 rules in the tortoise club and they are easy to remember.

1. Lose more than a pound in a week and you have to head off to the naughty step and join in the party. :D
2. Lose more than a pound in 2 consecutive weeks and not only do you have to go to the naughty step but you are given lines to do as well. :eek:
3. Lose more than a pound in 3 consecutive weeks and . . . well I've never worked out the penalty as noone has done it yet! :cry:

Occasionally you will also have to buy a round of drinks on the naughty step.
This punishment is inflicted for massive weight losses (i.e. more than 2 lbs in a week) or if you are lucky enough to actually get to target.

Last edited:
1/2 off today - was hoping for more so a little disappointed but my lack of exercise has affected it i think

Last edited:
Loving the "this item of clothing fits me perfect" posts girls :) Nothing beats that feeling.

I've been awol for days, I haven't stuck to plan once since Wednesday (didn't I only start over last Monday!?). Sneaky WI's show the weight is going up & up, and a lot each time. I know they're not accurate but even seeing those numbers isn't giving me the kick up the backside that I need. I totally take responsibility for it all. Been on plan today & already feeling really in control. If I don't keep sticking to it I'll be back to square one, again. Bleurgh!

Thanks hun :)

Just want to add that since decided I'm not bothered about losing more weight I'm not wanting to eat everything in sight lol
That seems to be the way it goes :8855:

Added the other link in now as it seems to work again!

Hi All

WI for me in the morning!! i have been reasonably good, which is down to wise words from pommette and reading many posts and realising i am one of many

Thank you

Cathie xXx

Good luck Cathie - lets hope you have a good loss!

Lou - how's the cold? Sorry I sent it you via Minis :8855:

Back