The really slow loss team!

I think i need to join you all! Used to have ok losses but have really slowed down and now its only 1lb or 1.5lb loss a week. Last night i gained 0.5lb :( I had been 100% apart from 1 bowl of homemade apple crumble..which just fell into my mouth :D

Time for a good week starting now..x

I think i need to join you all! Used to have ok losses but have really slowed down and now its only 1lb or 1.5lb loss a week. Last night i gained 0.5lb :( I had been 100% apart from 1 bowl of homemade apple crumble..which just fell into my mouth :D

Time for a good week starting now..x
Hiya Joanne & welcome. Only 1lb or 1.5 lb a week? Most of us would kill for that :8855:
Seriously though - don't be too disppointed with that as it's a nice steady loss and will give you 52 lbs in a year or 3 st 10 lbs.
And it is at a rate that should make it maintainable.

The people who lose lots quickly are the ones that seem to struggle after they get to target as they haven't learnt moderation.

If you struggling go back to absolute basics.
1. Are you still weighing your Hex's? Or have the portions crept up a bit?
2. Are you only snacking on Superfree?
3. Are you drinking enough water?
4. Are you writing a food diary and logging everything? Or does the odd nibble or snack no longer get counted?

We've all been there and done that so itr's worth going back and doing week 1 again 100% and see if that helps.

Hiya Joanne & welcome. Only 1lb or 1.5 lb a week? Most of us would kill for that :8855:
Seriously though - don't be too disppointed with that as it's a nice steady loss and will give you 52 lbs in a year or 3 st 10 lbs.
And it is at a rate that should make it maintainable.

The people who lose lots quickly are the ones that seem to struggle after they get to target as they haven't learnt moderation.

If you struggling go back to absolute basics.
1. Are you still weighing your Hex's? Or have the portions crept up a bit?
2. Are you only snacking on Superfree?
3. Are you drinking enough water?
4. Are you writing a food diary and logging everything? Or does the odd nibble or snack no longer get counted?

We've all been there and done that so itr's worth going back and doing week 1 again 100% and see if that helps.

Thankyou :) You are right and there are a couple of things which have slacked. Well, I never drink plain water because I really can't stand it! I know thats weird, seen as it doesn't taste of anything :p My drink of choice is Ribena NAS, so I do get water that way. At home i snack of superfree but that's a big problem at work because I'm not allowed to eat at my desk and I'm out front so can't sneakily eat anything. As silly as it is, I normally go and smuggle an Alpen Light in the loo!!!

Definitley going for gold this week though and must start exercising again..I used to do bootcamp 3 evenings per week and jogging on the days inbetween. Now out of the habit x

i think a pound to a pound and a half is a great weight loss, if you can improve your eating then obviously do so, but personally it sounds and looks (by looking at your stats) like your doing fab. your body wont keep losing 3 pound each week, its not healthy for it to do so, 1-1.5 is the healthiest loss as your losing fat not lean muscle mass, i honestly wouldnt worry too much hun xx

. . . Ribena NAS, so I do get water that way. . .
That's fine - that's what I usually drink too - that or Vimto NAS as I too don't like plain water. It's boring.
So keep going - you should be aiming for 6-8 glasses a day.

and must start exercising again..I used to do bootcamp 3 evenings per week and jogging on the days inbetween. Now out of the habit x
Exercise will obviously tone the muscles but there is no guarantee that you'll lose weight. In fact lost of people gain when they first start exercising.
Watching your food intake is what does it.

I'm a lazy soul and have got to target slowly with very little exercise.

Ok...guess I need to get over myself and be happy with any loss! It's just hard seeing people in class lose so much consistently every week..in my group it's generally between 3-5lbs a week. Everyone is different I know, so looks like I just have to let my body do what it wants to do!

Ok all, for weeks now I've been posting saying I've been bad I'll be starting over soon etc etc. Well I've become bored of hearing myself say that, I've gained so much in 6 weeks it's crazy, and I've let myself do it all. I haven't just been naughty, I've totally binged most days. So something clicked yesterday & I had to re-evaluate why I want to do this & lose the weight. And now I'm totally back on it.

I did Aqua Zumba again last night & loved it. I joined the sports centre to get a discount each class & I've booked tomorrow morning off work....for an Aquafit class!

I've seen a good few comments this week about you all having small goals (Lou & Charl especially) & it's REALLY helped me to keep in mind I need small goals to eventually see the bigger picture.

Nice to see you focused Lisa. The most important thing is to be COMPLETEKY honest with yourself. There's no point snacking and saying it dies t count cos it was only ...... We all
Do this and then comes the cycle of eating to make yourself feel better cos you have slipped and just think well
What's the point. Eurgh. It's not a nice place at all. The more u resist temptation the easier it gets. If I cut out snacking it becomes second nature until a moment if weakness then it seems like the hardest thing in the world. Stupid human brain lol

Nice to see you focused Lisa. The most important thing is to be COMPLETEKY honest with yourself. There's no point snacking and saying it dies t count cos it was only ...... We all
Do this and then comes the cycle of eating to make yourself feel better cos you have slipped and just think well
What's the point. Eurgh. It's not a nice place at all. The more u resist temptation the easier it gets. If I cut out snacking it becomes second nature until a moment if weakness then it seems like the hardest thing in the world. Stupid human brain lol

The odd thing is I haven't even made excuses or tried to justify it, it's been a case of if I want it I'll have it & that's it. It's almost as if I've not cared, which deep down isn't true. I've been 100% today & I feel SO much better for it! I've got my workouts planned for the next few days & I think if I can get into that routine I'll be back on track without anymore hiccups!

Well done Lisa :) I've been back on since Sunday properly and I feel loads better this week, bloats gone down and I feel in control again. I forget I can have treats on this plan, just having a Cadbury crispello and yeah it's a treat but I'll syn it and it'll be fine. I don't need to eat rubbish it just makes me feel rubbish, lou's right stupid human brains! Xxx

Just spoke to my friend who's getting married and there's a spare size 12 dress, I'm going to try that on tomorrow and see if it fits any better, as its only 4 weeks away and while the 10 fits I have to sit and eat in it and its a 3 course meal and today I've woke up really bloated again :(

Good idea, you want to feel comfy all day!

I went to my aqua fit class this morning, it wasn't a normal one. You had to wear a belt & use hand weights that keep you afloat in the water! It was done in the deep end. It was tough but I enjoyed it. The only thing was it's only on a Thursday morning & I can't use more holiday to go so I'll be sticking to my Aqua Zumba & trying another Aquafit class in the week.

yey, I lost the 4lbs I gained last week, which is nice, been sticking to plan all week, and I know it was probably just carb bloat and water retention from eating so badly, but still nice to see a lower figure on the scales, it the curse time for me too, so maybe that means I'll get another good loss next week when the obligatory bloat and ravenous hunger fades! Hope all you lovelies are having a super weekend. xxx

Well done Charl - get your purse out, get on the naughty step and buy a round. Make mine a wine spritzer.

Sorry I've been a bit awol. Officially have flu! Been running a temperature of about 102, ache all over and sweating like a pig.
I thought I'd got rid of the cold I had but that seems to be back too now.
Doc told me to rrest, drink lots of fluids and take paracetamol. Easy to follow as I've hardly been out of bed since Wednesday as I feel absolutely pants!
Hope I don't send it via the ether to you all.

Pommette said:
Well done Charl - get your purse out, get on the naughty step and buy a round. Make mine a wine spritzer.

Sorry I've been a bit awol. Officially have flu! Been running a temperature of about 102, ache all over and sweating like a pig.
I thought I'd got rid of the cold I had but that seems to be back too now.
Doc told me to rrest, drink lots of fluids and take paracetamol. Easy to follow as I've hardly been out of bed since Wednesday as I feel absolutely pants!
Hope I don't send it via the ether to you all.

Oh no :( hope you get better soon xx

Well
Done charl!!!! Ill have a glass of red :)

Well done Charl!

Tia Maria and orange juice for me please..... can you make it a double as I am having a pants week :D

Sure thing! Undone all my hard work last week this weekend though, huge carb bloat of terrible food has put me right back up to 13st8. Super! I need to sort myself out... Feel disgusting and only myself and monthly curse time to blame, I wanted sweet stuff and oh my have I had it! Plus crisps and Chinese food, which wasn't even worth it. Argh!! :(

If you have had Chinese a lot of that it will be water bloat Charl - Chinese food is MEGA salty :eek: Lots of water to flush it through and you will be fine in no time :) No more sweeties though unless you syn them ;)

It's awful! I feel like an absolute barrel!! And so thirsty, going to do red days all week to try and balance it back out. Carbs are def a no go for me this week!! Xx

I've been rubbish too. Saturday and Sunday was rubbish, today I'm not sure about as I'm literally out all day, no time to get to a shop, and reliant in a friend making my lunch. I'm going to ask for something healthy but it depends what she has in. Tea I'm having a driving lesson at 5 so I won't get to eat til I get home, I am so stressed this morning aswell. My 3 year old is currently completely ignoring me and not eating breakfast. I am meant to be at nursery by now. And cosnive eaten rubbish I feel mega tired, oh and last night I slipped and fell at work :( I really hurt my neck and hip

Back