The really slow loss team!

Ah poor you Lou, I'm having the same problem with my boys, totally ignoring me, seems to be a running issue as I've been summoned to the school to discuss behavious, seems they've been disciplining him without talking to me, he had to face the wall an entire playtime on Friday, what's that supposed to teach a 5 year old? Taking away his time to blow off steam and then punishing him due to him being disruptive?!

How's the driving going?? I need to start soon I have the money it's just finding the time!

Hope you have a better day love, I'm struggling today but being firm xx

charl_young said:
Ah poor you Lou, I'm having the same problem with my boys, totally ignoring me, seems to be a running issue as I've been summoned to the school to discuss behavious, seems they've been disciplining him without talking to me, he had to face the wall an entire playtime on Friday, what's that supposed to teach a 5 year old? Taking away his time to blow off steam and then punishing him due to him being disruptive?!

How's the driving going?? I need to start soon I have the money it's just finding the time!

Hope you have a better day love, I'm struggling today but being firm xx

I've got my second lesson today, I feel pants though could do with rearranging but I have no other free time this week so can't.
I HATE the face the wall punshment, I think it's degrading and I don't agree with it at all, kick some butt hun.
I'm desperate for comfort food today, I might have a jacket potato for dinner it's good healthy full you up food isn't it? Hope you manage a good day too hun. Bloody weather doesn't help either does it? X

Is it normal practise? I haven't heard of it before and I'm pretty disgusted to be honest, more that the school didn't tell me, Adam did. If he's being disciplined I should know what for and if I agree with it. He hasn't done anything violent I know that, he said its because he was winding another boy up. That's a little extreme I think, he's so little, they're going to make him totally disconnected with education! Xx

charl_young said:
Is it normal practise? I haven't heard of it before and I'm pretty disgusted to be honest, more that the school didn't tell me, Adam did. If he's being disciplined I should know what for and if I agree with it. He hasn't done anything violent I know that, he said its because he was winding another boy up. That's a little extreme I think, he's so little, they're going to make him totally disconnected with education! Xx

I git sent to face the wall several times in primary years ago. I think it's common practice tbh x

Hi Charl,
Teacher here jumping in, hope you don't mind! Personally I think facing the wall is a touch harsh and I only ever do that with 'problem ' kids or those repeatedly warned. And the whole play time for a 5 year old is a long time. But, of he was winding up another kid, wilfully, unkindly, almost bullying and often then.. Maybe! But maybe he just thought he was playing with him.

So, I would ask:
What kind of winding up was he doing?
How well does he normally get on with this kid?
Was he asked to stop ?
Did someone talk through with him why he shouldn't be doing it?
Did he get warned of consequences ?

Quite a lot depends on your trust of the teacher. Sometimes it is necessary to really knock something on the head before it becomes a problem. And we don't always tell parents unless it is unusual or beginning a pattern or needs support from home You would not believe how many little things come up for each child each day!

Unless this is alongside boring lessons and over discipline it is not likely to put him off school. Most kids appreciate firm boundaries. I say most because some kids react in different ways. I have some where a firm glare will reduce them to tears and others who need a whole play sat out to get the message.
I hope this helps a bit
Tracy

Woodland girl said:
Hi Charl,
Teacher here jumping in, hope you don't mind! Personally I think facing the wall is a touch harsh and I only ever do that with 'problem ' kids or those repeatedly warned. And the whole play time for a 5 year old is a long time. But, of he was winding up another kid, wilfully, unkindly, almost bullying and often then.. Maybe! But maybe he just thought he was playing with him.

So, I would ask:
What kind of winding up was he doing?
How well does he normally get on with this kid?
Was he asked to stop ?
Did someone talk through with him why he shouldn't be doing it?
Did he get warned of consequences ?

Quite a lot depends on your trust of the teacher. Sometimes it is necessary to really knock something on the head before it becomes a problem. And we don't always tell parents unless it is unusual or beginning a pattern or needs support from home You would not believe how many little things come up for each child each day!

Unless this is alongside boring lessons and over discipline it is not likely to put him off school. Most kids appreciate firm boundaries. I say most because some kids react in different ways. I have some where a firm glare will reduce them to tears and others who need a whole play sat out to get the message.
I hope this helps a bit
Tracy

The problem I had with facing the wall was, there was a ledge and it was narrow so you had to balance on it and if you slipped off you got into even more trouble. I got sent there for ridiculous reasons by the dinner ladies. And it was I'm front of all the kids so was humiliating and degrading. I think a seperate time out area away from the other kids would be better.

Had weigh in today and am going to skip to the naughty step - I was 1.5lb down - so thrilled after my little gain last week:)

Had weigh in today and am going to skip to the naughty step - I was 1.5lb down - so thrilled after my little gain last week:)

Yay! Well done you :D

Well done :) xx

right enough is enough, im sick of being stuck between 10.5 and 10.7, im hammering it this week, was meant to be out on saturday but my lo has got hand foot and mouth so i dont want to leave her, ive made a vat of soup from left over chicken, spicy beans, cabbage, celery, onion and tomatoes and that will be my lunch, im going to have pasta bolognaise for tea before work to fill me up so im not picking whilst im there, and im drinking extra water today. if i dont have a drop this next week, im going to do what charl did and try a vlcd for a few weeks to give me a boost to get me into the 9's, i thought i was happy where im at but im on the cusp, a couple of pounds and all my clothes are too tight and i look completely different so i need to power through and do this last bit if it kills me hahaha

Afternoon chicas. Welldone Redchick - good loss hun.

Finally got out of bed yesterday for the first time in 5 days, having totally abandoned the PC for 2 of them. I felt okay yesterday and today I think I can safely say that I am finally on the road to recovery. I feel almost human again.

Being the committed SW'er that I am I still got myself out of bed on Monday and headed for the scales.
I gained 0.4 kg (just under a pound) which I'm not overjoyed about but not unhappy with considering I've been eating exactly what I want for the last week. Not so much junk food but lots of comfort food to make me feel better. Fish fingers, fabada, crumpets & butter (tut tut).

It'll soon be gone and as I'm still under the 5 stone target I can't really complain.
Onward methinks!

Pommette said:

Finally got out of bed yesterday for the first time in 5 days, having totally abandoned the PC for 2 of them. I felt okay yesterday and today I think I can safely say that I am finally on the road to recovery. I feel almost human again.

Being the committed SW'er that I am I still got myself out of bed on Monday and headed for the scales.
I gained 0.4 kg (just under a pound) which I'm not overjoyed about but not unhappy with considering I've been eating exactly what I want for the last week. Not so much junk food but lots of comfort food to make me feel better. Fish fingers, fabada, crumpets & butter (tut tut).

It'll soon be gone and as I'm still under the 5 stone target I can't really complain.
Onward methinks!

Glad your feeling a bit better Pom.

Onward methinks!

Glad you're feeling better Pommette, no fun being sick and even worse when you're on a diet:-(

Thanks for the congrats everyone, feel like I'm getting my sw mojo on, lol. Conlou it is amazing how much of a difference a few pounds make - I remember thnking before that my "skinny" friends were crazy going on about gaining 4-7 pounds but I can totally understand that now! It's v hard to maintain - I was 11.5 last Dec so I speak from bitter experience.

You can get back there Redchick and maintain. Maintenance is "different" and it is all about getting your head into a slightly different mindset.

Well - today it is exactly 12 months since I first saw initial target on the scales. Lots of whoops, but it was followed by 10 days in the UK which meant I put 3 lb back on. But I soon got back to target and immediately lowered it by 3 lbs. And then another 3 lbs and then another 3½ lbs . . .
:8855:

Today I am almost 7 lbs lighter than my original target but still 2¾ lbs over my 4th target!

I'll get there.

You can get back there Redchick and maintain. Maintenance is "different" and it is all about getting your head into a slightly different mindset.

Well - today it is exactly 12 months since I first saw initial target on the scales. Lots of whoops, but it was followed by 10 days in the UK which meant I put 3 lb back on. But I soon got back to target and immediately lowered it by 3 lbs. And then another 3 lbs and then another 3½ lbs . . .
:8855:

Today I am almost 7 lbs lighter than my original target but still 2¾ lbs over my 4th target!

I'll get there.

You're dead right! As perma dieters that's probably where we fail:mad: but hopefully this time I'll get a grip when I get to target!

On a happier note I became an auntie for the first time this week - my sister had a beautiful baby girl :happy036:

Congrats to your sister Redchick!

Aw congrats on being an aunty!!!!

Pom you e done amazingly well you got below original target without really trying and as I said at the time you seem to fair better when the pressure is off, I know you set a lower target but then you had a gain... Maybe just a coincidence but perhaps the pressure of reaching a target puts pressure on you and leads to comfort eating? I know if I set date targets I never reach them as I just find it too much pressure but I keep doing it to myself lol x

Thanks Lou - getting below original target wasn't that quick! Took me 3 months to lose 3 lbs. Then another 5 months of going up and down to get back there and then lost the next 3 lbs in a rush.
That was when I shot below that target without trying :8855: which was why I lowered it for the 3rd time and now I'm struggling to get there.
2 months on I'm ½ lb lighter !!!! :cry:

Last edited:
Back