The really slow loss team!

Thanks Lou - getting below original target wasn't that quick! Took me 3 months to lose 3 lbs. Then another 5 months of going up and down to get back there and then lost the next 3 lbs in a rush.
That was when I shot below that target without trying :8855: which was why I lowered it for the 3rd time and now I'm struggling to get there.
2 months on I'm ½ lb lighter !!!! :cry:

That's what I mean tho Pom you did it without trying :) maybe say to yourself that you'll not set a target and just eat as well as you can and if you lose more then great-if not it doesn't matter as your still below original target? Reverse psychology with yourself lol

Exciting news Redchick!!! :)

Well I was gobsmacked to see a 0.8lb loss on the scales this morning and very well pleased, despite the fact that I still weigh more than I did 3 weeks ago! Not quite the naughty step, but not far off ;)

Well I was gobsmacked to see a 0.8lb loss on the scales this morning and very well pleased, despite the fact that I still weigh more than I did 3 weeks ago! Not quite the naughty step, but not far off ;)
Well done chica - gobsmacked or not that's a great result especially after the increased meds.

Well don't annya :) xx

Morning girlies. Are the weeks flying by or is it just me getting old?

Down a tad from last week by a mere 0.2 kgs (just under ½ lb) leaving me 1.6 kgs above new target (3.4 lbs).
I so wanted to get rid of all last weeks gain :cry:

But I'm not really trying that hard at the mo. I seem to be stuck in a "mental rut".
As long as I keep around the 5 st loss mark though I'll be happy - and I'm still uder that.
At least I've got rid of all the carb bloat from a few weeks ago when I ate too much bread when our friends were here.

Maintenance, as opposed to losing, has become my mantra and I'd rather maintain that go up and down like a yo-yo.

Morning girlies. Are the weeks flying by or is it just me getting old?

Down a tad from last week by a mere 0.2 kgs (just under ½ lb) leaving me 1.6 kgs above new target (3.4 lbs).
I so wanted to get rid of all last weeks gain :cry:

But I'm not really trying that hard at the mo. I seem to be stuck in a "mental rut".
As long as I keep around the 5 st loss mark though I'll be happy - and I'm still uder that.
At least I've got rid of all the carb bloat from a few weeks ago when I ate too much bread when our friends were here.

Maintenance, as opposed to losing, has become my mantra and I'd rather maintain that go up and down like a yo-yo.

losing weight is so hard when your head just isnt in the zone..i think that when this happens its better to focus on maintaining until you get the drive back again as you do just end up yo-yoing like you say. your really good at maintaining weight which is the hardest bit to do, natural weight fluctuations are inevitable so i guess as long as your aroiund the weight you want to be its ok, your not far off your target at all, you can easily smash that when you feel upto it, you have just been really poorly and i know its not an excuse to eat more but it is a reason why you havent been able to eat the way you usually would and it is a reason why you have been unable to get moving about (as you were laid up) and this all affects weight loss, and its probably the reason youve lost motivation, perhaps your a little run down? do you take vitamins? i find those soluble vit c and zinc are brill for boosting me when i feel a bit run down, im starting to take them and other vits atm as i feel very run down myself. well done on the loss, im sorry it wasnt what you wanted but im sure next week will be great :D

well, ive managed to be great the past few days, i had a sit and a long hard think about everything and im ready to power through this last bit of weight, i am in control, and feeling good, i refused a night out and alcohol all weekend and am feeling better for it...albeit a bit smug hahaha. having crap at work atm, one of the guys is bullying me, and when i confronted him in front of the other people who work there last night he flat out denied it!!!!! i was livid!! but he changed his story 3 times then stormed off and called me a liar as he walked off. hes constantly nitpicking if any mistakes are made and pointing the finger at me to try get me into trouble and him and the other guy slag me off to each other in their own language them laugh while looking at me, its awful, so im gonna have a word with the boss. if it carries on ill just leave, i dont need it in my life. but im proud of myself as i havent used all this stress as an excuse to binge eat. woo.

Well done Annya and Pom:). Have my weigh in tomorrow eve - not hopeful really - star week usually means bloat:-(

Well done Bev and good luck Redchick..... you might be pleasantly surprised :D Lou - go get 'em girlie!!!!

Not bad Lou, thanks for asking, although I am sure DH wouldn't agree as the steroid strops are TERRIBLE :eek: I have a feeling last week's loss was a fluke as I am bloated to hell again now so I will probably gain it back this week :rolleyes: I am absolutely determined not give in and just stuff my face again this winter though - my goal is to remain below 12 stone and any less than that will be a bonus.

I've got another three weeks at the increased dose then more blood tests and hopefully I can reduce them back a bit - still high by summer standards, but nothing like what they are now. I've been started on a biphosphonate (anti osteoporosis drug) for my bones too as I am losing hair at an alarming rate and my nails have gone really bendy and thin so the enormous dose will be affecting my bones too. Not only am I going to be fat - it looks like I'm going to be half bald too.... not a good look ha, ha, ha!!!

Not bad Lou, thanks for asking, although I am sure DH wouldn't agree as the steroid strops are TERRIBLE :eek: I have a feeling last week's loss was a fluke as I am bloated to hell again now so I will probably gain it back this week :rolleyes: I am absolutely determined not give in and just stuff my face again this winter though - my goal is to remain below 12 stone and any less than that will be a bonus.

I've got another three weeks at the increased dose then more blood tests and hopefully I can reduce them back a bit - still high by summer standards, but nothing like what they are now. I've been started on a biphosphonate (anti osteoporosis drug) for my bones too as I am losing hair at an alarming rate and my nails have gone really bendy and thin so the enormous dose will be affecting my bones too. Not only am I going to be fat - it looks like I'm going to be half bald too.... not a good look ha, ha, ha!!!

Oh bless u!!!! :( you think they would have found something better than steroids by now wouldn't you?

hey girlies!! the in and out girl just checking in to say hi. Yet again i am off the wagon and gaining...hence why i have been quiet. i guess i cant face it either my heads not in the right place to focus on losing. i start well and give in. anyway i will try post more i miss catching up with you but i very rarely have time at work to post and my iphone is pants on this forum !

Hi there Felicity - nice to "see" you again :)

I'm so mad. I'm gaining weight despite eating healthier and less than I have in ages. I'm sure it's water retention and lack of periods again but it's so demotivating and I'm starting to feel like I can't eat anything. Thursday night is usually wine night but I didn't bother as I didn't want to use cals. I'm exercising loads, I bike loads and walk miles every week. :( feeling sorry for myself

Lou - maybe it's your body saying enough is enough. You've been stressing about losing the extra weight and stress does not help either.
How about taking a wee pause from weight loss and just maintaining for a while?
Your body starts to get used to the "diet" and can sometimes start to rebel.
Your BMI is already healthy and losing the last bit when you've been trying for so long can be really hard.

There have been occasions when I've just taken a couple of weeks off - but without being silly - and the next week it comes off with a big whoosh.
Have a think chica - may a bit of a rest from the diet syndrome may be what your body needs.

I hear you Lou. Sadly, I have gained nearly 2lbs this week - I knew it was too good to last. I did have a bit of a naughty weekend with the girls here but certainly not 2lbs worth :eek: I skipped a meal both days to help allow for the naughty extras and was only 250 calories over my total calories burned both days they were here then for the rest of the week I have been well under. Oh well, who said life was fair :sigh:

I agree with Bev - you are already well within a healthy BMI so why not try maintaining until after Christmas then get back on it with a vengeance in the New Year. Keep up your exercise as that will be helping no end with the toning (and fitness levels) and that's what you really need now - tighter muscles rathan than less body mass.

Thanks guys. The thing is I only just decided to start back on it. I've been the same fir months :(

I'm POSITIVE it's my periods again, my allergies have gone mental, I'm exhausted, I haven't had a period for 6 weeks but I've felt pre menstrual for 3 weeks, I'm ridiculously swollen to the point I look pregnant (and done 4 tests to make sure I'm not) I'm constipated despite eating a ridiculous amount of veg and eating those activia yogs which normally make me go, I just don't understand. I posted all my MFP diary on tough love thread so if anyone wants to have a look and tell me where I'm going wrong I'd appreciate it greatly. My cals were high on a couple of days (not over 2000) but my net cals are low every day and I do a lot of exercise but perhaps I shoukd stop eating back cals? X

Back