The really slow loss team!

Well weigh in was much as expected that is 4lbs on which I know as well as holiday gain is steroids gain.
That is now 7lbs in 5 weeks I think or could be 6 weeks which is really upsetting and hard to cope with but I keep telling myself that the pain has improved and it won't be forever.

Well weigh in was much as expected that is 4lbs on which I know as well as holiday gain is steroids gain.
That is now 7lbs in 5 weeks I think or could be 6 weeks which is really upsetting and hard to cope with but I keep telling myself that the pain has improved and it won't be forever.

Sorry to hear that Latte. You are right though, it won't be forever so try and stay positive. I think I am on for another gain myself this week - may we should have a bar for the gainers where we can go and sit to commiserate!

I know I am likely to continue to gain or STS at best until the steroids come down, but I won't know if I can cut back to my usual high winter dose (but not as high as it is now!) for a fortnight which feels like forever at the moment :(

Hugs from me too..............

Exercise fanatics. I walk and bike ALOT butni e noticed my ass is saggy, I need to tone it up pronto!! Gonna attempt 30Ds with the kids in tow tomorrow but what exercises are good for lifting the butt :)

Squats, squats and more squats! Although my butt is big and I cannot lie as the song says ;) I often get compliments about how shapely it is which is nice when you consider how out of shape the rest of me is! I do endless squats, sometimes with weights and sometimes not. I also do a lot of uphill hiking with a Doberman setting the (fast) pace which makes my glutes burn so that must be doing some good. Cycling and walking are also great ones, but you are already on them like a terrier!

Sadly there is also the genetic factor - which is part of the reason why my very round butt is shaped the way it.... it runs in the family! Do the other women in your family have less than perfect derrieres or is it just you? Anyway, no matter, either way you can make huge improvements with the right exercises...... oh, and Jillian will kick (and lift) your ass, especially in the third and final section - mine used to go into spasm sometimes - ouch
:eek:

Thank you all I knew you would understand how I felt.

I do lots of squat and lunges as part of my exercise plan but you could easily do them at home during ad breaks!

Squats, squats and more squats! Although my butt is big and I cannot lie as the song says ;) I often get compliments about how shapely it is which is nice when you consider how out of shape the rest of me is! I do endless squats, sometimes with weights and sometimes not. I also do a lot of uphill hiking with a Doberman setting the (fast) pace which makes my glutes burn so that must be doing some good. Cycling and walking are also great ones, but you are already on them like a terrier!

Sadly there is also the genetic factor - which is part of the reason why my very round butt is shaped the way it.... it runs in the family! Do the other women in your family have less than perfect derrieres or is it just you? Anyway, no matter, either way you can make huge improvements with the right exercises...... oh, and Jillian will kick (and lift) your ass, especially in the third and final section - mine used to go into spasm sometimes - ouch :eek:

Yes flat bottoms tend to be on both sides :/ it's just the bottom of my bum I have like thus extra bit that sags it's gross, I didnt have it before. Right I sha be getting on the squats. Started doing sit ups and Tricep dips. Going to attempt 30Ds if I can get the monster to have a kip this afternoon. It's just started snowing here!!

is it snowing??? jeez !

lou have you ever done body pump? they have cracking squat and lunge combinations. youtube it

is it snowing??? jeez !

lou have you ever done body pump? they have cracking squat and lunge combinations. youtube it

Me and my sister went to a class when I'd just had my baby but we got there late and they'd started already, so we walked out haha. I don't have time to go to the classes now tho vos I work nights and have the kids in the day. I need to get into doing 30DS again it really toned me up last time. Just got lo to bed. So off I go!! Wish me luck
Ill need it lol

HURRAH period seems like it's finally starting and my ticket outta crazy town has arrived. Phew. Feeling ALOT better about things. Going to experiment and not weigh in or log anything on MFP for a week. OMG it will kill me but I feel ready to trust myself with food. I'm committing to doing at least 3 workouts of 30DS and listening to my hypnosis app every night. I feel more positive and want to be a bit less obsessive about losing weight. I know what's good or bad and I know when I've eaten too much so just need to listen to my body and throw food away when I've had enough!!!!

An expected half a pound gain on the scales this morning so I am now officially OVER my 12 stone goal - gutted :(

Oh Annya I feel for you so much x I am also back in the 12s and I know how horrid it is.

Starting tomorrow I am going to try a weekly calorie target of 8400 which is 7 times 1200 as I reckon some days I will go under and Saturday and Sunday I will probably go over.

I know you calorie count as well and it is so demoralizing being so restricted but I don't know what else to suggest or do x

Oh Annya I feel for you so much x I am also back in the 12s and I know how horrid it is.

Starting tomorrow I am going to try a weekly calorie target of 8400 which is 7 times 1200 as I reckon some days I will go under and Saturday and Sunday I will probably go over.

I know you calorie count as well and it is so demoralizing being so restricted but I don't know what else to suggest or do x

Thank you sweetie. All I can do is plod on regardless - I am DETERMINED this year not to just give in and gorge like I usually do - I am focussing on the fact that I am still 21lbs lighter thanI was 18 months ago!

I am eating around my BMR of 1400 calories and won't go much lower because I would be STARVING. I've tried 1200 calories but it just doesn't cut it for me at all - I just get too hungry and miserable. I have been hitting an average pf 1500 per day this week so I will try and get back into the groove next week. It has been very busy at work too as we in the throes of completely redesigning the website and it is A LOT of work on top of my already heavy workload so I have been slacking on my walking.

My plan for next week is to aim to stick rigidly to 1400 cals or less every day and try and get in at least a couple of miles too. Good luck to us both :bighug:

Repeat blood tests in 10 days - with luck all will be back to normal (well, normal for me!) and I can reduce the dose back a bit to my usual winter dosage, which is still high, but not like it is right now!

We can do this together x

My dose of three a day doesn't get reduced to two a day until 28th December.

I only lost about 18lbs on slimming world since last July and I am on the steroids for at least 16 weeks so if I carry on putting on 1lb a week nothing will fit especially as I had dropped a size and just bought new winter skinny jeans etc before I started on the tablets.

Now I can barely do up the zip and my Christmas party dress I bought in a size 12 I am dreading trying that on in case it doesn't zip up. I don't know what I will do.

I am aiming for two/three gym sessions a week depending how I am feeling and strict calorie control

Hugs Annya and Latte. Those bleddy steroids have a lot to answer for.

Well - got to UK safely and all I've done since I got here is shiver and comfort eat.
We're in Cornwall now at hubbies mum's and she only has storage radiators for heating that don't seem to give out any heat.
I've spent all day wrapped up in a lightweight duvet to keep warm!
Here for another day and then off back to Manchester to see my mum.

lou I have a dvd of it if you want it? I used to teach it so have the instructional ones of the classes if they would be any good?

ah poor Annya gains are pants...

Back