The really slow loss team!

I lost 1 lb this week which was probably part of my 4 lb gain from holiday last week.

I am still 6 lbs up which I am quite gutted with especially if that is 6 lb steroids gain as not dropping down for a few more weeks.

I have been calorie counting but only really started properly on Saturday so too early to tell if that is actually working.

I lost 1 lb this week which was probably part of my 4 lb gain from holiday last week.

I am still 6 lbs up which I am quite gutted with especially if that is 6 lb steroids gain as not dropping down for a few more weeks.

I have been calorie counting but only really started properly on Saturday so too early to tell if that is actually working.

A pound is a pound.......and on steroids that is a REAL achievement so don't knock it my lovely just grab it and run off to that naughty step ;)

latte it is a challenge indeed, just keep your eyes on the goal of recovery first and foremost-you need to be in a position of optimum health to tackle your weight. bare that in mind when berrating your self. you will need to make sure tho that you eat a low salt diet at all times-steroids make you retain fluids so excess salt in any form will make this worse. its ironic tho cos steroids make you crave salt ! stick with low calorie options as best you can, get well soon then tackle it again

Thank you both.

I suppose we have different naughty step rules Annya!

Felicity I actually don't like salt and don't add it to anything so I am quite lucky in that respect. I mean I add it to cooking but not a lot and I would never use it as a condiment and I wouldn't even put salt on chips.
I haven't really noticed any cravings to be honest

Yes I need to be kind to myself and let myself heal

well done latte, a pound is a great loss, dont look back just look forward..it doesnt matter what you gained before and if you keep thinking of it in those terms it will keep holding you back hun, you weigh what you weigh and the scales are going down...thats a good thing, be proud xx

i lost another pound this week, through eating more and obsessing less. i now weigh 10.3 and 3/4 woooooooo i hit 10.4 before but never into the 10.3's :) really pleased.

Looking fab Lou x

Oooweeee! Look at you :) right you've inspired me to sort myself out, maybe come summer I can look like that too :) xx

Oooweeee! Look at you :) right you've inspired me to sort myself out, maybe come summer I can look like that too :) xx

I NEVER thought I'd do it ever. But I have. I'd like a bit more off but tbh not in a panic and just trying to concentrate on making better choices a way of life rather than eating better to lose weight if you catch my drift. I got weighed at boots on jeans and a jumper just to check and I was 10.5 so my scales must be right (I weigh naked at home) in fact I reckon jeans weigh more then a pound and a quarter so could be less than on my scales :D haha

Well when I wear what I think of as 'light" clothes, legging/tshirt it actually adds 1.5-2lbs So I'd say more for jeans xx

Latte - a pound loss when on steroids is a major achievement. Go you . . .
and Lou - well done on your loss. Those jeans look great.

I'm home from the UK and all I can say is it was bleddy freezing - most days I was wearing 4 layers.
I've eaten all sorts of stuff that I wouldn't normally even contemplate - crisps, chocolate, puddings etc - I think just to keep me warm.
I've had a sneaky peak at the scales though this morning and I'm absolutely amazed at how little I've put on. So the damage isn't too bad.
Mind you we went out to eat tonight, but I was pretty good and chose reasonably sensibly, but we're also out for a very posh 6-course meal tomorrow! So I may gain a bit more before official WI on Monday.

Spain is cool (obviously nowhere near as bad as the UK) but it was down to 4c last night and the house was freezing having not had any heating on for 10 days. So went to bed with the aircon on the heating setting and the electric blanket on max. Bliss!!!

Well the wedding is over. It was a fantastic day we really enjoyed it. I'm fully expecting a gsin as I drank lager and wine abd today I've not been great but never mind.

You enjoyed yourself and that is what matters Lou!

Last edited:
Morning chicas.

WI this morning and . . . Oh dear . . .

Having only gained 0.3 kg during the 10 days I was in the UK I was really pleased.
Big problem though, I've gained a further 0.7 kg since I weighed on Friday morning :cry:

Back at the end of October I set myself a new target to try and get my BMI down to 25 by Christmas, as I'd ducked well under target at the beginning of October. And I actually got to 25.06 at one point.
Well, I'm just 0.1 kg lighter than I was then - but at least I'm still under my 5 stone target. Yippee to that

Hey ho - not likely to lose much in the next 2 or 3 weeks am I?
I've still got more Christmas parties to go to and 4 nights at an all-inclusive hotel for Christmas. :)

Morning chicas.

WI this morning and . . . Oh dear . . .

Having only gained 0.3 kg during the 10 days I was in the UK I was really pleased.
Big problem though, I've gained a further 0.7 kg since I weighed on Friday morning :cry:

Back at the end of October I set myself a new target to try and get my BMI down to 25 by Christmas, as I'd ducked well under target at the beginning of October. And I actually got to 25.06 at one point.
Well, I'm just 0.1 kg lighter than I was then - but at least I'm still under my 5 stone target. Yippee to that

Hey ho - not likely to lose much in the next 2 or 3 weeks am I?
I've still got more Christmas parties to go to and 4 nights at an all-inclusive hotel for Christmas. :)

I have said it before and ill say it again, I think the pressure of setting targets just has the opposite effect for some people. You was happy plodding along in October and lost weight without meaning to but as soon as you set that target the pressure was back on and your worrying again and the weight is going up and down. I'd honestly go back to the mind set you was in before you moved your target, it seemed to work better for you not having that pressure. I know it works better for me when I chill out a bit xx

Back