The really slow loss team!

I`m afraid I`m back folks!

Plan gone to pot and beeding to lose about 2st7lbs!

Welcome back Annie. You did it once and you can do it again! I am still trying the first time around - definitely a slow loser me!!

Morning Chicas.

I gained 0.3 kg (0.66 lb) this week but I'm not too unhappy as food has been a bit random and not at regular times. In fact I've forgotten to eat a lot of the time so have been grabbing the odd Twix or packet of chocky biscuits at the hospital out of the machine. :cry:

Today was my 104th WI - so 2 years (bar 3 days) since I got back on this SW malarkey.
In the last 2 years I've lost 46½ lbs and I'm actually 7 lbs lighter than when I declared target in November 2011.
In total I'm now 5 st 1½ lbs lighter than October 2006 when we moved to Spain and I decided enough was enough of being a fatty.

I'm still 1.2 kgs (2½ lbs) away from my final, final target but I'm actually coming to the conclusion that this might be 2½ lbs too far.
My body seems to be happy at this weight and I suspect if I do get there I'll find it hard to maintain and get peed off.
As I'm maintaining at this weight now quite happily and without any hassle I don't want to stress any, so I'm resetting my target back to my 5 stone one for now and will just see what happens. What will be will be!

Thanks for all your good wishes. Hubs is improving and he may get the drain out tomorrow and be home in a couple of days.

Have a good week girlies.

I think you have made the right decision Bev. I am of the opinion that we all have a "natural" weight at which our body is happy to settle. Mine is around the 11 stone mark which might seem an HORRENDOUS weight for some folk as it is only just within the "healthy" BMI for my height (but we all know how variable that measurement is anyway!) - however, once I get there I don't find it hard to maintain this weight as long as I steer clear of bread and peanut binges and I can get into a size 10 pair of jeans so it is clearly "right" for me.

I don't think there is any point in knocking yourself out over a couple of pounds when it really isn't going to make any difference at all to the way you look or feel. You are clearly at your "natural" weight so stick to it rather than setting yourself up for disappointment for the sake of a couple more - we both know that life is far to short for that, don't we!

Good on you for getting to target and maintaining for so long - a real achievement that you should rightly be very proud of xxxxxxxxxxx

I think that's the best thing bev, if you lose another 7 pound it doesn't really matter whether you officially reset your target or not, your weight is what it is abd taking that pressure off is the best thing all round especially since your under so much pressure with hubby. Xx

Rejoining tonight eurgh. Been running the last 2 days and feel swollen from hormones so going to be a rubbish weigh in. I've been really good this week but my
Scales are going crazy fluctuating by 6 pound. So going to not get weighed at all this week. Aargh. :)

Will be doing SW from home this time as I`m feeling a bit fragile and can`t face going to group.
Fell out with the consultant when she discussed my ailments with the social team who then brought it up in conversation.
I was mortified! I thought it was confidential!

Rant over!! Will be weighing in at Boots on Fridays.
Can`t trust my scales.

First weigh in today and lost 4lbs :)

OMG!!! Straight to the naughty step for you.... and get your purse out too to buy drinks for anyone else who manages a reasonable loss in the next 7 days ;)

well done linsey!!! woooooo, im teetotal atm so just a lime and soda for me :D

just been for run number 3 this week, sticking rigidly to sw, feel like im eating loads but im sticking to plan 100% and trusting it to work. i really hope ive lost something this week, but dont feel as if anything is shifting yet but you know what those pesky pounds can be like, sometimes they drop off last minute..fingers crossed!

Wow! Brilliant loss, well done! I'm off the booze, so a coke zero for me! Xx

An unexpected pound off for me this week. Still above my 12 stone maximum target for winter "fighting weight", but heading in the right direction!

Oh, and mine's a Diet Pepsi please Lindsay ;)

Last edited:
Well done annya!

Sorry ladies I haven't been about lately fell off spectacularly from beginning of dec to well Tuesday really! Managed to maintain-ish until Boxing Day then I think it all caught up and I went from 13.2 to 13st11.8 :(

Pulled it back a little done red days for a few days and drank loads of lemon tea and a bit of bloat has gone back to 13st9, still way over where I was but a step in the right direction.

I hope you all had a lovely Xmas and happy new year to all. Here's to getting to target (I hope!!!!) this year! Xxx

Well done annya!!!

Charl I put exactly the same on as you when I weighed in on Tuesday. Was s bit shocked as I honestly didnt think I'd eaten loads but what I are was crap tbh and I think that's the difference. Good luck hope u manage to get it back
Off quickly. Wanted to ask ..other than your Xmas gsin did u keep the weight off that u lost on your vlcd? Or did it come straight back on? My
Friend wants to do one but from my experience the weight comes straight back on...just wondered how u found it? X

hi.i put on 8lb awhile a go .and only seamed to loose half a lb one week then put it on again the next.did that for a good. while it took me a while. to loose that 8lb.but just kept on. with help from the clase i go to now i can get 2lb or even 3lb off so it will get better. you will do it. i even managed to. not pt that 8lb. on again last xmas .was realy pleased lol.:)

Awful isn't it! I know if I have a crazy weekend I can gain loads a good half a stone but its always bloat and comes back off if I spend the rest of the week doing red days, but I think it's the alcohol as I didn't really drink much after Thailand really, so bad food and booze is just total fat gain for me, even tho I'm the same wasn't eating loads, in fact missing a lot of meals just when I did wasn't SW at all. Hoping next week will get me down a bit again.

I haven't really gained any weight since finishing the vlcd, I was 13st6 when I finished, gained 2 on holiday but got straight back on SW when I got back and got to 13st2 and just been bouncing between that and 13st5 from sept to dec, as I couldn't really be bothered with the plan properly. So pretty gutted about Xmas and gaining so much, but hey it'll come back off! And as long as I never really go toooo much over what I lost on the vlcd I'm happy. Hoping for 2lb loss next fri to get me back to vlcd finishing weight then ill work on this last 1.5stone, I'm the same now as when we got back from Thailand so that's ok with me too. Xx

whoa well done grannie annie!! way to go!!

thanks charl, thats good that youve not gained what you lost hun.

well my teetotallness stopped last night, went to see a friend whos going through a very tragic time and the wine came out, i did turn down the last 2 glasses but i had half a pizza as i missed tea, so not great :/ got to cut back on syns now til tuesday, around 5 each day i can have

Had a very unusual 5lb loss!! Never happened before. Suppose I`d better get the drinks order in :D

Yippeeeeeeeee way to go chica. Make mine another wine please.

Last edited:
Back