The really slow loss team!

So I don't need to devise a 3-week punishment then yet! :8855:
Seriously though, well done chica. A pound a week is perfect.

I've been trying to find something witty to say for some time and can't think of anything appropriate so I guess I'm just gonna come right out and say what has been bugging me for some time.

This thread was inaugurated by a lovely lady almost 2 years ago with the following post

Since then we've had lots of lovely ladies through here who struggle to do the "pound a week". Most through hormonal problems or due to taking medication that really hinders their loss. Some people have come and gone because they have just given up. Others have gone because people are having huge losses by the tortoise team standards and it is starting to depress them and has frightened them away.

I don't want to stop anyone from visiting and posting - 1) I have no right to and 2) we all need the support of our friends on Minis.
I also know some of the big losses recently have been becasue of a week one restart where even I'd be disappointed if I lost no more than a pound. But please please please can I beg of you one thing. When you have a massive loss please think how you say it on here and just think of the truly slow losers who are struggling to keep motivated and stick to plan to STS, lose a titchy ¼ lb or (worse) keep gaining.

I know I'm going to take a lot of flack for saying what I have above (and I'll not shy away if you want to lambast me) - but at the end of the day this thread is supposed to be for people who are struggling to lose.

*** Hides behind the settee waiting for the flack to arrive *** :hide:

No flack coming your way Pomette.

It was never my intention to upset anyone, indeed I am surprised at the losses I have had recently.
However, I feel that I cannot continue posting on this thread although I will still post elsewhere on minimins.

I am now handing back my membership of team tortoise.

Goodbye and good luck,

Annie

Welcome back Felicity - lovely to see you here again. Get back on the plan and you'll see some losses again - even in a tad slowly.
Good luck hun.

. . . and I agree to an extent, I don't agree with ppl only posting to report massive losses and not posting anything else or offering thought or support to those struggling
. . . Back in the days when i could access the site from work and i posted allot I used to get wound up by people only posting about their loss....and nowt else.

I think this was what I so ramblingly wanted to say. Some of us are lucky enough to get big losses occasionally - and I've probably had more than my fair share, although a few were totally enexpected. But it's when people do a post announcing a big loss and then run with no thanks to the people who have been generous enough to congratulate them - and then no congrats/commiserations to others that my blood starts to boil.

I really didn't want to upset anyone - or scare anyone away - because, as I said, we all need the help and support of our cyber friends here on Minis.

Last edited:
. . .Ps can't I have a mini award for losing 3 weeks in a row?? Heehee
Ahhhhhhhh - okay them. How about a gold star for each week?
You CAN keep up the pound a week chica. You just need to get your head to accept that this is what you want to do.
Once you do this it is actually easy to stick to the plan as you can see in your mind where you are going.
I don't think I've explained myself very well on this. But as I've said so many times, weight loss is all in the mind.
If you WANT to do it, you'll stick to plan. If you only think you NEED to do it, you'll not succeed.

I'm having the same problem giving up smoking. Hubs has given up due to his recent major illness.
I know I need to give up but I'm only half way there to wanting to give up.
When I truly have my head in the right place, it will happen. Until then . . .

Sorry girls this is totally off topic but i have got to ask ( cos am nosey lol ) I have noticed that some of you girls have your BMI on your signature. How do i find out what mine is and post it on my signature too? Thanks and sorry for interupting your conversation. I have been reading your posts and i too feel the disappointment of slow losses but i have gone back to the 2 original plans cos i dont think EE agrees with me somehow. Oh well i will have to until monday to find out if its worked.
You do it on a website called Ticker Factoty - Graphical Tickers and Trackers: Weight Loss, Trying To Conceive, Pregnancy...
There's a tutorial on how to do in the technical section of Minis

Ahhhhhhhh - okay them. How about a gold star for each week?
You CAN keep up the pound a week chica. You just need to get your head to accept that this is what you want to do.
Once you do this it is actually easy to stick to the plan as you can see in your mind where you are going.
I don't think I've explained myself very well on this. But as I've said so many times, weight loss is all in the mind.
If you WANT to do it, you'll stick to plan. If you only think you NEED to do it, you'll not succeed.

I'm having the same problem giving up smoking. Hubs has given up due to his recent major illness.
I know I need to give up but I'm only half way there to wanting to give up.
When I truly have my head in the right place, it will happen. Until then . . .

Yay I git a gold star!!! I'm totally with you on the head space, I hate the phrase self sabotage but I do seem to have some weird behaviours when I ha e a good loss. I suddenly start thinking I can eat what I want as I've lost weight??? Not sure what that's all about lol. On the stopping smoking you have to really want to do it, if you enjoy it still and don't have anything heth wise making you stop it will be soooo hard. But it's not impossible. I'm lucky, I social smoke, I can go on holiday and smoke every day, for 2 weeks and smoke on a weeke d then just not bother for months. It's weird. Wish I was like that with alcohol and food. My demon is definitely booze, but I can honestly say I'm much better, can't cope with the hangovers!! Since I hit my 30's they're getting worse!! I end up tired and depressed for almost a bloody week!! Off 3 glasses of wine! No fair lol.

I've come to bed to avoid eating. How bad is that?!

. . .can't cope with the hangovers!! Since I hit my 30's they're getting worse!! I end up tired and depressed for almost a bloody week!! Off 3 glasses of wine! No fair lol.
THIRTY!!!! Blumin' 'eck didn't realise you were young enough to be my daughter.

Lou - clear your Inbox (you're obviously too popular) - I can't reply to you.

lou i havent stayed on plan-entirely inexcusable tho !

i remember the cuplrits of "me me me me me me" from before. pom is right tho-its those who post a loss (of any size) and never ever post anything else? when otrhers congratulate them as well. no words of support or naff all.

i missed you guys x

Hey ladies, well done on another loss Lou :) how far away are you from target now?

Hey felicity!

Has anyone seen anything of Lisa lately? She hasn't been on here for ages and she used to be here loads.

I had a STS this week so 2 out of 4 weeks I've lost and 2 STS, I've been on/off with the plan all week though as was the boys 6th birthday yesterday.

Bev how's your hubs doing?

Lou hope things are better at home with your job issues, must be really hard especially with a family to look after, I know how much a food shop costs us 4 and I'm sure you have 3 little one s to buy for dont you? Xx

Hey ladies, well done on another loss Lou :) how far away are you from target now?

Hey felicity!

Has anyone seen anything of Lisa lately? She hasn't been on here for ages and she used to be here loads.

I had a STS this week so 2 out of 4 weeks I've lost and 2 STS, I've been on/off with the plan all week though as was the boys 6th birthday yesterday.

Lou hope things are better at home with your job issues, must be really hard especially with a family to look after, I know how much a food shop costs us 4 and I'm sure you have 3 little one s to buy for dont you? Xx

I'm currently 10.6, I set my target at 9, but I will prob stop before then. Just playing it by ear. Yes I have 3 kids, a giant for a hubby and one of my kids is a teen so food costs in excess of £130 each week then there's the extras on between, but apparently when on sick £85 is sufficient to live on and pay bills. So basically don't get sick-EVER! It sucks, I'm depressed, stretched to my capacity but I'm not alone ang it's just tough luck, gonna have to get on with it!! Thanks for asking though chicky xxx

God it terrifies me thinking about how much it's going to cost us when the boys are teenagers, and dan wants his own kids too, so more! And it's not exactly cheap now!

Well done for holding it together, and keep strong! Xx

Not seen Lisa around on here for ages. She swapped to CD at the beginning of December and was posting in that section, but hasn't posted at all for the last 3 weeks. Hope she's okay.

Commiserations chica - but as they say, at least it wasn't a gain especially if you've been a bit on/off.

Thanks for asking Charl. Hubs is doing ok. He's well on the way to recovery thankfully.

He keeps saying to everyone though that he is “sound as a pound”. Well he ain't – I don’t think he fully realises just how poorly he actually was and he certainly isn't completely over it yet. He tires very easily and is sleeping much more than normal.

But he will get there. I try to stop him doing too much but he’s a stubborn old ******! (insert an appropriate word here :eek:)
Says he's going to get back into things fully from next week! Including exercise - which the doc said he could actually restart a couple of days ago on 30th. Well, we went for a VERY gentle stroll yesterday. We walked about 2 km but spent over an hour doing it as I was stopping to take photos of the gardens round the resort and to talk to people about what they thought of all our work - I probably talked more than I walked but that's absolutely normal for me :D. He was absolutely shattered afterwards and he thinks he can just hop back on his push bike on Monday. Grrrrrrrrrrrr men.

Thanks for asking Charl. Hubs is doing ok. He's well on the way to recovery thankfully.

He keeps saying to everyone though that he is "sound as a pound". Well he ain't - I don't think he fully realises just how poorly he actually was and he certainly isn't completely over it yet. He tires very easily and is sleeping much more than normal.

But he will get there. I try to stop him doing too much but he's a stubborn old ******! (insert an appropriate word here :eek:)
Says he's going to get back into things fully from next week! Including exercise - which the doc said he could actually restart a couple of days ago on 30th. Well, we went for a VERY gentle stroll yesterday. We walked about 2 km but spent over an hour doing it as I was stopping to take photos of the gardens round the resort and to talk to people about what they thought of all our work - I probably talked more than I walked but that's absolutely normal for me :D. He was absolutely shattered afterwards and he thinks he can just hop back on his push bike on Monday. Grrrrrrrrrrrr men.

Tut what's he like!!!! Let him do it hell soon realise your right! Like big bloody kids are men arent they?! Walking is probably what the drs meant by starting to exercise lol, he needs to build it up or hell do more damage but no doubt you've said all thus abd he thinks he knows best lol. Good job us women know who knows best eh?

Tut what's he like!!!! Let him do it hell soon realise your right! Like big bloody kids are men arent they?! Walking is probably what the drs meant by starting to exercise lol, he needs to build it up or hell do more damage but no doubt you've said all thus abd he thinks he knows best lol. Good job us women know who knows best eh?
Men aren't like big kids - they ARE kids. They never grow up!
To be fair, the doc did actually say he could start on his bike on the 30th - but gently. Problem is - he doesn't undertand that word.
Oh well - he says he's going for a ride on Monday and no doubt he'll come home absolutelu whacked.
If he does, he'll get no sympathy from me.

Right I'm off to bed. It's 4:20 here but I'm still wide awake and it's howling a gale.
The 3 cats are all curled up but open their eyes every time something rattles. And there's lots of stuff that can rattle in an old Spanish house.

Tell me about it, dan is more huffy than me! And I most def feel as though I have an extra child sometimes not a partner at all! This morning he had a strop as me as he wanted me to stay in bed but I had to get up to feed the dog and kids, what an oaf!

Ah bev so glad to hear he's feeling better, although definitely try and keep him from doing too much. My step dad had a fairly huge heart attack from no where about 5 years ago. Was pretty awful, he still hasn't recovered, when he does too much it shatters him for days. It makes him so cross as it was the first time he realised he was getting old (he's now 76!) and just can't do what he used too. They lived in France at the time so I also understand what a nightmare you had with the dr's and bills. It was the reason they moved back home about 3 years ago.

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend? Any good plans?

I told the boys we'd go bike shopping for them for their birthday but I just can't afford it, maybe just lunch at the dog pub and have a peek in the bike shop next to it to see what's around x

Hey slow team! I'm still reading and cheering you on. Well done for still being here! I don't post mcg as doing fasting not sw and don't have an official weigh day. It's going ok though, 9.13 now, still about 5 lbs to go!
Keep up the great work :)

Back