The really slow loss team!

I need to be strong and cut down on carbs I don't think I eat a lot as I don't eat bread during the week but I do live off potatoes sometimes pasta and rice as well.
Spuds shouldn't be too bad chica - but pasta and rice are my demon. Give it a try for a few days (I know you're a scaley dail hopper) and see if it has any effect
Congratulations on the loss
Thanks chica

Hello to the Tortoise Team !!

Well, after STS on my first weight in I managed to lose 2 pounds today on my second....not great but at least its in the right direction. I do feel as if I have eaten like a pig - always on diet but far too much. I think that I am going to eat the same for the next few weeks until I get the hang of EE to be honest - it might not be the right thing to do but I just think that I will stick to it for longer if I dont limit my food. I have stopped snacking between meals and that for me is really good. I have been eating so much that I haven't wanted chocolate or biscuits so dont want to eat less just yet.

I feel much better, nowhere near as bloated and horrible as I used to (and that is saying something when I am still just over 16 stone ) so I am telling myself that this is the way I need to eat for the very long future and that if I lose weight as well then that is a bonus.

Not sure what this week is going to bring as away in a hotel for 2 nights at weekend. I usually just throw caution to the wind and forget that I am trying to diet so I have the next few days to talk myself into being almost good...saving my syns for it.

Good luck to everyone - told you that I would probably ramble on !!

Kath

Ah well done ladies!! Pats on the backs and some nice Chablis all round! Xx

Hi all I hope I can join you all. Looks like a great thread for support. I'm struggling with motivation. Been 100% since 1 jan with no booze (aaaaaahhhhhhhHHHH!!!) - losses are v slow. Average 1.5 is ok but only due to 1 good week. last 2 weeks I've lost 1lb and 0.5 & I have 3-4 stone to lose. Not sure whether its worth carrying on but am trying to plod on - doing everything everyone advises but no go, just not shifting.. So, think I qualify to join & hope we can support each other to get to our final goals (oh booze challenge ends 14 feb so watch this space!!!)

My name is Louise and I can't stop eating! Help!! Lol honestly my appetite is through the roof. If I haven't gained this week I'll faint.

Ha-ha, this did make me chuckle Lou - & not much is doing that just now. I can relate as I am just constantly RAVENOUS at the moment. It's not just the steroids (although they definitely contribute!) I reckon it is the cold weather too :winter_brr: I was in London yesterday at a meeting and it was ruddy FREEZING there, much colder than Wales which surprised me TBH, but it's very cold here today too - lots of ice on the ponds and the hens had porridge this morning to warm them up - oh well, more food fuel it is then :rolleyes:

Roll on the warmer weather when we all get back to sunshine and salads :)

bev you star!! you deserve that loss lady, reading thru your posts you look after everyone your almost the tortoise mummy. i really think that you have the right idea with the snacking rule, and i know lou has always given that advice as well. and i am so with you ont he carbs thing as well....and the vino ha ha ha!!

welcome new bods, please make sure you stop for a chat and help as much as possible. dont post and run!

*waves at everyone*

Haha annya I ate LOADS last night. And today I was physically hungry again but I'm not giving in today. I'm not gonna make weigh in tonight we have MINUS £1000 in the bank so not a spare penny :( plus I'm not borrowing money to see a gain that's just depressing lol. It is definitely the weather I feel depressed, unmotivated and like I just want to lay in bed eating biscuits. But I won't :/ I felt like I was ovulating last week so hopefully I have a normal period and this is all a symptom of that. I'm gonna have a jacket spud and prawns for tea

It's totm for me so I'm battling the constant hunger too! I think the green days are helping as I'm waiting patiently for dinner today instead of scouring the fridge/cupboards for anything I can lay my hands on basically! X

bev you star!! you deserve that loss lady, reading thru your posts you look after everyone your almost the tortoise mummy.
Felicity - Thanks for the lovely comment chica. I am having a real up and down time at the mo. But I suppose that is only to be expected really.
I'm finding maintenance a challenge. Balancing things can be a tad tricky, but as I'm only going up and down by a pound or two then I'm actually quite happy wit that.

If age is anything to go by I could well be the tortoise mummy! :8855: (apart from Annya - as I would only have bee about 5 when she was born! Sorry hun)

Hi all I hope I can join you all. Looks like a great thread for support. I'm struggling with motivation. Been 100% since 1 jan with no booze (aaaaaahhhhhhhHHHH!!!) - losses are v slow. Average 1.5 is ok but only due to 1 good week. last 2 weeks I've lost 1lb and 0.5 & I have 3-4 stone to lose. Not sure whether its worth carrying on but am trying to plod on - doing everything everyone advises but no go, just not shifting.. So, think I qualify to join & hope we can support each other to get to our final goals (oh booze challenge ends 14 feb so watch this space!!!)
Chica - it is deffo worth carry on. I had 5 stone to loose and it went in halves and one lbs over 3 years!!!
KEEP PLODDING! The tortoise will always win the race. And the slower you lose it the more likely you are to have re-trained your brain and keep it off for life!
Welcome hun. You can do this!

This tortoise reporting in to say 0.5lb lost this week so that is 4lbs in 7 weeks which is amazing for me especially considering I am still on steroids.
It is hard and I am struggling but I have also been able to up my exercise finally and only a little bit.
Half a pound more will put me into next stone bracket again

This tortoise reporting in to say 0.5lb lost this week so that is 4lbs in 7 weeks which is amazing for me especially considering I am still on steroids.
It is hard and I am struggling but I have also been able to up my exercise finally and only a little bit.
Really well done chica - that is a BRILLIANT loss whilst you're still on the steroids.
((( Hugs ))) let's hope you can get of the steroids soon and back onto your normal meds.

Chica - it is deffo worth carry on. I had 5 stone to loose and it went in halves and one lbs over 3 years!!!
KEEP PLODDING! The tortoise will always win the race. And the slower you lose it the more likely you are to have re-trained your brain and keep it off for life!
Welcome hun. You can do this!

Great advice and know you are right but its so hard when you want that big loss! I am the most impatient person and really admire your perseverance. I just hope I have it in me to be patient too. Being on this thread really has shown me that I'm not the only one not losing 5 lbs a week as so many others seem to!! Definitely spurs me on!

keep strong latte and well done

you couldnt be my mommy either *i am old* but the concept is true!! sorry your up and down at the mo and lou i know it doesnt help but i feel your pain....i am in catch 22 paying the credit card (interest only) then being too skint to live so stuff goes on the credit card again and so the cycle continues. its so stressful

We've maxed ours out felicity, since Steve went on sick I had to cancel all our creditors ang ask for a payment break. They were really nice so far...but we really need to start paying some back but if he's unable to return to that job there's no way we can pay then all so I don't know what well do. I need Steve to find another job but it's so hard atm as there's nothing around here and the jobs were applying fir there's 70 people who've applied after the jobs only been advertised a couple if hours :( it's crap. Lets hope our luck changes soon xx

Yahoooooo!!! Well done Latte. Here's to your next half pound and the next stone bracket - I can remember how chuffed we both were to be there last time! I have around 2.5lbs to go to get back into the 11s again so I am nippng at your heels ;)

Not sure about this week though, I am so tired and my neck has been giving me some gyp so I've not been doing my walking for the past 2 or 3 days and it makes all the difference so I am bracing for a small gain or a STS on Friday. Ah well............we shall see.........

Back