The really slow loss team!

Annya - so glad you've managed to stay bug free this year - I remember you had a couple of nasty events last year.

Glad you are feeling better Bev. Yes, I have been lucky so far this year, but as quite rightly say last year it was a grim chest infection which turned into a mild pneumonia (but without a cold so go figure!?!) and an equally nasty stomach bug. I douse myself with antibacterial gel when I go anywhere near humanity now - that, and the fact that I live in the back of beyond with hardly any neighbours, helps I am sure :)

Hi, Can I join?? This is my 3rd go at SW due to my slow losses I always gave up but I am now determined. Just wish I could get more off quicker :(. Is it true that exercise slows weight loss down? How can this be the case.... Confused.com :confused:. Any help and support would be great as I feel I get very little at home and work is even worse!!!!

Welcome Jessie and sorry for the delay in welcoming you - we are right gas bags all of a sudden on here and you disappeared off the page!

When I started on Gillian Michaels last year I packed on LOADS of 'weight', but it all went again within 2 or 3 weeks and I haven't had any problems again, apart from just after Christmas when I had been a right lazy mare for a while and re-started with my walking programme - managed to packon 2.5lbs in one week, but it all went in 10 days so definitely water again.

Welcome Jessie and sorry for the delay in welcoming you - we are right gas bags all of a sudden on here and you disappeared off the page!

When I started on Gillian Michaels last year I packed on LOADS of 'weight', but it all went again within 2 or 3 weeks and I haven't had any problems again, apart from just after Christmas when I had been a right lazy mare for a while and re-started with my walking programme - managed to packon 2.5lbs in one week, but it all went in 10 days so definitely water again.

That's really interesting as I'm doing 30 day shred & can feel the muscle change but no losses - day 19 done today. So many people day they gain / sts on it but after you're done it has an impact. We will see in 11 days!!

That's really interesting as I'm doing 30 day shred & can feel the muscle change but no losses - day 19 done today. So many people day they gain / sts on it but after you're done it has an impact. We will see in 11 days!!
Everyone who I've talke dto on here who's done the shred says it's really good for toning up.
I tried it - did about 1/2 of day one and my joints were killing me. Too tough for this old fogey! :8855:
So I despatched the CD to a more worthy cause!

Everyone who I've talke dto on here who's done the shred says it's really good for toning up.
I tried it - did about 1/2 of day one and my joints were killing me. Too tough for this old fogey! :8855:
So I despatched the CD to a more worthy cause!

As you know Bev, I lost several inches over the 30 days, although I can't say it did a lot for my weight loss - but, then again, what does :8855:I have to do a modified version of many of the plyo moves as my arthritic old hips and knees just aren't up to all that jumping about and leg thrusting any more ;) ;) ;)

The only exercise I've done that's sped up

Losses has been fast walking and running. Any exercises where I'm using weights or strength etc I just don't lose but I get smaller and that's the point isn't it? I don't care what the scales saying if I'm a toned 10 :) whichnim not :(

Welcome Jessie :)

I'm SOOO busy atm got lots of work coming up, all trade work but it's getting my name out there abd I'm
Getting pictures for my portfolio. Today I have a maths test and tomorrow a photo shoot. Busy busy busy. Need to get organised for this wedding fair too!!!! That's in less than 2 weeks!!! Aargh!! Yesterday I was out all day so had a sandwich fir dinner it was ciabatta ciabatta or ciabatta. With a side if crisps :/ so I ordered blt and left the crisps, then for tea I made the tagliatelle ribbon veg out the mag. Was gorgeous ang I didn't snack on anything other than an apple and I turned down cake :D my day wasnt perfect but some major victories in there. I have taken chicken out to make the chicken cacciatore out the mag. I'm going to do that this afty so when I get in it's all ready to eat. I WILL lose some more weight. Feeling really chubby today and my skin is hurrendous so need to get back into it now i feel like the junk is literally poisoning my body. C'mon felicity do it with me :)

Morning chicas
Well I've just read back over the last few days and there are sooooo many posts I missed. I must have been in lala land whilst I've been feeling cr@p!
Thanks Princess Stevie and Hollys Nan for droppin by. Nice to see you here.
I don't think I've said hello to all our newbies so if I've missed you out then please forgive this old fogey.
Brain trouble encroaches when you get nearer 60 :8855:

Well, just a tiddly little 0.1 kg gain for me (less than ¼ lb) so I'll not fret about that - still just under target so really happy.
Tummy is still a bit sore but at least it's stop griping all the time and I feel almost human again, so normal service will now be resumed.

How's eveyone else doing today? Sun appears to be trying to come out here today although it's still not that warm. What's it doing where you are?
Have a good week peeps.

Last edited:
I'm SOOO busy atm got lots of work coming up, all trade work but it's getting my name out there abd I'm
Getting pictures for my portfolio. Today I have a maths test and tomorrow a photo shoot. Busy busy busy. Need to get organised for this wedding fair too!!!! That's in less than 2 weeks!!!
Lou - are you doing a college course? I seem to have blanked this out if you are. What are you doing?

Morning Bev - lovely and sunny here in West Wales today but "reet nesh" (very cold) as they say up North. It is such a change not to have seen any rain for a few days..... cheered me up no end :D

Sadly I can only enjoy it out of my office window, but I have walked loads this weekend and not had to wear my wellies for a change! I may even try and start my Pooch to 5K with Lily again of an evening in a couple of weeks when it gets lighter - sadly folks drive down our narrow country lane at stupid speeds so its not safe when it gets dimpsy (dusky) round here to run, not even with us both in hi-vis!

I had unexpected way over syns weekend. It wasn't planned and yesterday I thought I had pulled back the buffet lunch we had on Saturday but the stupid quorn escalope was 8 syns.
Plus my Soya yoghurt is 2 syns my Soya cream for my coffee is 1.5 each time and I had two coffees yesterday

And I had a scraping of lacto free spread and 2 jelly sweets so all in all 19 syns.

It really annoys me that Soya yoghurt isn't free and I have no choice

thats difficult to manage latte! soy isnt free?

Lou, i will try with you....if someone could market the ovulation munchies they would earn a fortune. nothing but wrong food will do at that time no matter how hard i try.

fingers crossed bev is off the loo soon LOL

and yeah i weigh loads when i am doing plyometric stuff it loads my legs big time and they are muscley like a geezers then

Not Soya fruit yoghurts and the other free yoghurts or 0.5 syn ones upset my Crohns so I have to be careful.
Soya milk and other non dairy milks are hex a and you get quite a lot but I only like cream with my coffee so it has to be synned.

I always fall down on quorn products as well or veggie burgers as some of them are a horrendous amount of syns like the one I had yesterday

Not Soya fruit yoghurts and the other free yoghurts or 0.5 syn ones upset my Crohns so I have to be careful.
Soya milk and other non dairy milks are hex a and you get quite a lot but I only like cream with my coffee so it has to be synned.

I always fall down on quorn products as well or veggie burgers as some of them are a horrendous amount of syns like the one I had yesterday

Also I find quorn mega bloating. Im a veggie & I have to limit the amount I eat. After years of skimmed am loving 175 ml full fat milk!
That nut milk you can have some crazy amount can't you?

Yes the coconut one but I don't have cereal and rarely drink tea so it doesn't seem worth it.

The chocolate coconut one is lovely but you only get 200ml and I was drinking a lot more

At least a yoghurt pot is portion control

Yes the coconut one but I don't have cereal and rarely drink tea so it doesn't seem worth it.

The chocolate coconut one is lovely but you only get 200ml and I was drinking a lot more

At least a yoghurt pot is portion control

You'd think so wouldn't you but being used to mullers and switching recently to ww - I always have 2 at a time!

quorn makes me fart!!!

Ha-ha...... me too! I had Quorn Swedish "meat" balls for tea yesterday and was trumping all night :eek: Still, at least I know what is in my Quorn "meat" balls!!!

Back