The really slow loss team!

Well, 0.2 kg gain for me this week...! I know that I will probably gain a little bit some weeks instead of losing, or that I will stay stable and it is the first day of TOM today, but still, it was a little disheartening!
Somehow, since losing weight is so important for me, my mood is linked to whether or not I lose every week! I know that it's not that bad and that it will probably go away next week, but still, I cannot help but feel a little sad...!

Well, 0.2 kg gain for me this week...! I know that I will probably gain a little bit some weeks instead of losing, or that I will stay stable and it is the first day of TOM today, but still, it was a little disheartening!
Somehow, since losing weight is so important for me, my mood is linked to whether or not I lose every week! I know that it's not that bad and that it will probably go away next week, but still, I cannot help but feel a little sad...!

Ah try not to be down that is a very little gain and not surprising at totm. You can put on up to 4 lbs at that time so that gain is not bad if you think about it. Totally understand though - my mood is linked directly to my losses ( or not ) & with Tuesday weigh in it can be Friday before I feel non moody again!!

Quick post and run as I need to go and shower and get off to bridge.
So I didn't actually manage to gain all the weight I lost due to loo visits.
Lost 0.4 kg this week putting me 0.7 kg under target. Most of it will be due to bad tummy! But I'm not complaining.

tryingtolose - try not to be too disappointed with a little gain. It'll go again next week and as malamobile said TOTM has a lot to answer for.

gemmybean - welcome chica. You've come to the right place if you're a slow loser

Right - must go and get ready. Hubs is shouting at me!

Never mind - it is almost certaily water bloat due to TOM. Drink loads of water to flush it all out and I am sure you will be back on your downwards journey next week.

Welcome gemmybean..... if you are looking for slow loss support, you came to the right place :D

Tom is horrendous for weight gain. I bet you have a proper loss next week.

Drinking loads does help flush things out.

It is also that week for me so will be interesting tomorrow at weigh in as I finished my steroids on Friday and my appetite has gone awol. I am only managing some fruit around 2 then some dinner so barely anything

Oh -try to eat Latte. Not good for you to starve chica.

well well, way too much ro catch up on !!

i darenot weigh myself if i am honest as I am not in the zone (but teetering on the edge)

annya do you have a very submissive doggy? my dog is really getting bad at being submissive and is becoming very anxious, with dogs and men?? really bad and i dont know what to do.

my weekend was expensive, wrong food choices and lots of wine.....

lou did you do the JUDD diet before? cant remember if you tried it or not. has anyone don eit ?
There's a lot of folk on here who swear by it - and the Fasting diet as well.
I couldn't do it - less than 500 cals on a down day would leave me feeling hungry and deprived.
The whole point of SW for me is that I don't feel deprived so can therefore stick to it.

I have dabbled with it but then went on steroids so had to stop.

I don't think I tried it long enough to get the benefits.

Although I seem to be doing it subconsciously at the moment as once again not eaten anything yet. I will mention no appetite at clinic on Wednesday but quick research seems to indicate it could just be steroid withdrawal.

It is star week and usually I eat for England.

Weigh in tonight

annya do you have a very submissive doggy? Lily is what they describe as 'dominant passive' - in other words she will try it on with a dog she thinks she can dominate, but backs down and becomes very submissive if a tougher dog dominates her.

my dog is really getting bad at being submissive and is becoming very anxious, with dogs and men?? really bad and i dont know what to do. Your doggie needs lots of confidence boosting - do you have a training class anywhere near you where he/she can go and learn to trust that you are the leader and all is well - and also learn that not all dogs (or men) are scarey.

Lily was very bullied by a male dog in her last home and was also force-mated whilst being held down by a man so she is understandably very mistrustful of both male dogs and men. She is much better with the man side of things now, which has taken 4 years of kindness from Al, but she is still very cautious of male dogs - especially entire ones - and it was entire male dog that pinned her...... only in play I might add, but sadly that wasn't how Lily took it
:(

my weekend was expensive, wrong food choices and lots of wine.....

Whoops! Never mind, Spring is just around the corner and we will be re-inspired by sunshine and salads :D

Sadly I love my grub far too much to even attempt JUDD - like Bev I would be feel hungry and deprived on down days and end up binging. I have a history of starving/binging in the past and even trying to cut back to 1200 calories a day last year started triggering it again, so no JUDD for me.

I did try judd and had really adverse effects on me. My hair fell out I came out in ulcers, was run down and really poorly. Got shot down on judd threads for saying it was that diet but it was lol. It really disagreed with me big time. I was fainting and just don't see how anyone does it. Took me weeks to feel ok :/ best diet for me in fact if feeling well is Sw. For weight loss results quickly cc and long long walks for upto 3 hours 3 times a week. But I have to be motivated to do that which I'm not atm. I'm off the wagon again just can't do it so am maintaining for a while until I feel it again. I got weighed today am still 10.5 so pleased with that. Been cooking healthy when I can and I'm so active all the time with work. Ill pick it back up when I feel less stressed lol.

Summer wil soon be here and the temp will be 12C lol and perhaps well feel
Like a salad ;) just once in a while lol x

Awe thanks for the welcomes I really want to keep it off this time so I am intending on taking it really slowly, and taking each day as it comes

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I hope I don't get kicked out but I lost 2.5lbs this week which is shocking really.
That is 4.5lbs in 5 weeks and 7lbs since 27th December.
2 more to lose before I get back to pre steroid weight.

I think it was a combination of finishing steroids and as a consequence no appetite so only have one proper meal a day but this is improving.

I will expect a gain next week as the nurse at clinic yesterday said it is just adrenal gland getting used to working again

latte well that is a big step in the right direction tho isnt it ? that must feel like a positive for you amongst all the crap going on for ya x

thanks anny for doggy help. i do think she needs to go to class.....finances are too tight tho. thank god your doggy found a home with you the poor thing !!

i know JUDD wouldnt suit me, i would be terrible with 500 calories to pplay with !! woodland girl what do you like about it ?

I hope I don't get kicked out but I lost 2.5lbs this week which is shocking really.
That is 4.5lbs in 5 weeks and 7lbs since 27th December.
2 more to lose before I get back to pre steroid weight.

I think it was a combination of finishing steroids and as a consequence no appetite so only have one proper meal a day but this is improving.

I will expect a gain next week as the nurse at clinic yesterday said it is just adrenal gland getting used to working again

WAAAAHHHOOOOOOO!!!! Very well done Latte :D Get on that naughty step and pull out your purse - the drinks are on you ;)

I lost 2lbs last week (like you, an almost unheard of feat!), but judging from the size of my belly I bet I have gained it all back this week.... only tomorrow will tell :rolleyes:

Back