The really slow loss team!

Thanks for posting the chickpea recipe I still haven't been on the main site.

I never know the difference between SW quiche or fritatta or tortilla as they all seem the same to me whisked eggs thrown over veg or meat or potatoes or all three with added cheese then grilled or baked

Thanks for posting the chickpea recipe I still haven't been on the main site.

I never know the difference between SW quiche or fritatta or tortilla as they all seem the same to me whisked eggs thrown over veg or meat or potatoes or all three with added cheese then grilled or baked
My thoughts completely! Love 'em though! Whatever you calll them.

I still prefer a good old fashioned French Omelette to be honest though, as I like my eggs left slightly undercooked and the rest all seem to come out too hard for me.

Lou I must have missed what you've been saying about starting up your business, what is it you're doing now?

I LOVE frittatas, I find if I kinda steam cook them in a frying pan so put a lid on and turn down, they don't stick at all. Then finish under grill, I HATE trying to clean eggy pans! I refuse to even make scrambled eggs anymore! xx

Evening chicas - you've all gone very quiet.

I had another sleepless night last night - went to bed at 7am! Don't know what's the matter with me at the mo, I've gone sort of nocturnal. About 5 nights a week I just don't feel tired at what others would consider a normal bedtime. So I just stay up and go to bed when I feel like. But I'm also only managing to get 4 hours sleep a night most of the time which means I am constantly tired. Was like this when I came off HRT and had a rapid menopause but that was 3 years ago. So why I'm doing it again at the moment gawd alone knows.

I wasn't going to WI today as sleepless nights always means that I show a gain. But I managed 6 hours kip so WI'd anyway.
I basically managed a STS (lost less than ¼ lb which counts as a STS as far as I'm concerned) so still at target.
Have been at or under target now for 67 weeks - but who's counting!

I had another sleepless night last night - went to bed at 7am! Don't know what's the matter with me at the mo, I've gone sort of nocturnal. About 5 nights a week I just don't feel tired at what others would consider a normal bedtime. So I just stay up and go to bed when I feel like. But I'm also only managing to get 4 hours sleep a night most of the time which means I am constantly tired. Was like this when I came off HRT and had a rapid menopause but that was 3 years ago. So why I'm doing it again at the moment gawd alone knows.

I wasn't going to WI today as sleepless nights always means that I show a gain. But I managed 6 hours kip so WI'd anyway.
I basically managed a STS (lost less than ¼ lb which counts as a STS as far as I'm concerned) so still at target.

Wow that awesome news!!! Your such an inspiration. **** news about the sleepless nights though my advice, one night don't go to bed at al and go mega early the next night shoukd reset your body clock xx

. . . **** news about the sleepless nights though my advice, one night don't go to bed at al and go mega early the next night shoukd reset your body clock xx
That's what I was actually trying to do last night - and failed miserably! :cry:

As you know, I have been away for a weekend of drunken dancing to very loud rock music - I feel rejuventated now :D I expect the scales will wag their finger at me on Friday, but I don't really care TBH!

I have been like this ever since I packed up the fags 9 years ago :( Apparently there is a little bit of your brain which helps with somnulence that is switched off by nicotine but switches back on when you quit - hence many folks find they have insomnia and are restless in the first few weeks. Well, in most folks it switches back off again but in a few (trust me to be one of them!) it just stays on permanently and leads to raging insomnia. I did test this theory a few years back by 'smoking' one of those electric fags for a fortnight and was back to my usual sleepy self within 48 hours :rolleyes: However, there are a lot of questions surrounding the safety of electric fags and I also started to find myself craving the real deal again so I stopped. You guessed it - back came the ruddy insomnia! Some nights are worse than others, but I have now just got used to it and make the most of the lie-ins when I can. Funnily enough, I have slept pretty well over the last few days away - but that might have something to do with the sedating effects of Tia Maria and orange juice :8855::drunk: :zz:

I wasn't going to WI today as sleepless nights always means that I show a gain. But I managed 6 hours kip so WI'd anyway. I basically managed a STS (lost less than ¼ lb which counts as a STS as far as I'm concerned) so still at target.

Yahoooooo - good on you Bev :party0011::woohoo::wee: I despair of ever reaching my goal weight, but I am OK with that just now..........

Hello :wavey:
I'm new to SW - had my first weigh in today after a week on the plan EE and have lost 1.5lbs. I know that's still a loss but it's a little disheartening when you hear about those who lose 7lbs!
I suffer from PCOS so I have a little inkling that my losses are going to be slow and steady!

Quick question if anyone knows - some women were nattering tonight at group and mentioned that they ate more this week and lost more. I was always under the impression if you eat less, you lose weight! How come on SW if you eat a significant amount you lose? Sorry if this is a silly question lol :eek:

Welcome Dolleyes - and 1.5 lbs is a good start! Don't despair, I'm sure there are others on here who had a similar start.
Mine was only 2 lbs and I really tried.

When you say the woman at class ate more, well more than what? More than they had before they started SW? If this is what they meant then I don't understand how they lost weight.

SW does allow you to eat a good amount and still lose but I wouldn't say you'd get better losses if you ate more.
Only if you were actually starving yourself in the first place and you body had stopped metabolising anything.
Perhaps someone else can comment as well.

Right, I'm heading off to the UK tomorrow with no internet access this time so you won't hear from me again now until next Wednesday.
We're taking a friend out for her 60th birthday to L'Enclume in Cartmel. 2* Michelin restaurant - and 5 course set menu ordered.
Don't think WI will be too good next week somehow!

Have a good weekend girlies and I'll see you all again next week.

Last edited:
Thank you :) I was a little disappointed I can't deny that, but my mum made me feel better when she came out of the kitchen with a huge jar of pickles and told me to feel the weight, I wondered what on earth she was on about! But then she said 'that jar is heavy isn't it? well that's how much weight you've lost, it weighs 1.5lbs!' so it puts it into perspective!

I'm not sure what she ate, I just caught the tail end of the conversation so I've nothing to go on really, but I'm sure she said our consultant told her to eat more, but I'm presuming he meant more veggies, fruit, salad etc.

Have a nice weekend, it's very cold, so bring some woolies! x

The other way to think of it is as 3 blocks of butter! That's how much fat has gone!!!

Welcome dolleyes. A bit hard for me to comment as I don't follow SW any more - it just doesn't cut it for me - I actually GAINED on my first week :eek: I am however a HIDEOUSLY slow loser so I stay on here regardless. I have only managed to lose 19lbs in well over a year - there are a number of reasons for this, including medical ones, but it doesn't make it any easier to live with, believe me :sigh:

As Bev says, 1.5lbs is not a bad loss. Most of us trudge along slowly with an odd gain or STS thrown in just to peeve us even more, but keep on it and it will come off. It seems the slower it comes off the more likely it is to stay off. I say this as I have come across loads of folk on Minimins over the past couple opf years who have lost and regianed the same couple of stones (or more!) several times and personally I would rather lose it slow and steady than quickly and have to cope with the disappointment of packing it all back on again and having to lose it time after time!

Hang in there and remember, we are all different and will lose at different rates - try not compare your achievements against others. One of the reasons I have never been good with slimming groups is that I know the odds are well and truly stacked against me and I don't want to make myself feel needlessly like cr^p by comparing myself to those who don't have the same challenges. There are lots of ladies on here with PCOS who struggle to lose too, so you are not alone. I am too old for all that now (thank ******!), but I did have PCOS before my ovaries packed up.

Good luck in your weight loss journey - you can do this and the lovely folks on this thread will have your back if you need support :D

Scales tell me I have gained another 2lbs so that is 4lbs up in the past 3 weeks despite a cut back in steroids and a reduction of my HRT too - to say I am disappointed is an understatement - I was expecting a small gain, but nothing like this............ and really totally undeserved when you consider the calorie burns I had over the weekend I was away more than dealt with the extra calories consumed.

Ah well, what can I do more than keep on keeping on?

So sorry Annya it really isn't fair you must be due for a whoosh soon surely.x

I have pcos on top of my other health stuff and yes it is very very difficult to lose weight. You just need to keep plodding away x

Hi guys, thanks for your words of support and replies, it's nice when you can talk to people who feel the same way!

I have weigh in tonight, I haven't been 100% this week so will be happy with any loss :) though I have been marching myself to the gym 3 times a week! Fingers crossed.

Good luck tonight dolleyes. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Hugs Annya - those blumin' scales are being really nasty to you at the mo.

Well I faced the scales this morning and . . . Oh dear - 0.9 kg (2 lbs) gain.
Actually, I'm quite pleased with that as I have eaten for England in the last 5 days and not a single meal on plan :cry:
Needed carbs to stop me shivering and chocolate caramel digestives hit the spot very nicely thank you!

Puts me 0.8kg over target but that's still in range so I need to have a week being as good as I can, which with mum here might be tricky.
Hey ho - onwards and downwards . . . again

Seems to have been very quiet on here whilst I've been away. Hope you are all ok.

Just realised I have not been posting my weigh in but not very interesting as in 4 weeks still exactly the same

Week 1 lost 1.5lbs
Week 2 gained 1.5lbs
Week 3 lost 1.5lbs
Last night stayed the same! !!!

Sound familiar?

Just realised I have not been posting my weigh in but not very interesting as in 4 weeks still exactly the same

Week 1 lost 1.5lbs
Week 2 gained 1.5lbs
Week 3 lost 1.5lbs
Last night stayed the same! !!!

Sound familiar?

We could be bloody twins Latte :eek:

Back