The really slow loss team!

I managed a 2.5lb loss last night, hurrah!

That's a great loss. Congrats. Ohhhh I'd love one with a '2' in. I've been lucky - it's coming off steadily but never more than a 1 if that but I'm luckier than a lot of the lovely ladies on here. Will get there though - healthy losses etc

I managed a 2.5lb loss last night, hurrah!
Well done chica - get over to that naughty step, take 100 lines and get your purse out and buy us all a drink!
There are a few rules in the tortoise club - they got documented here
And you've broked 2 . . . tut tut :8855:
But well done - great start for you.

. . . Ohhhh I'd love one with a '2' in. I've been lucky - it's coming off steadily but never more than a 1 if that but I'm luckier than a lot of the lovely ladies on here. Will get there though - healthy losses etc
Remember . . . slow and steady wins the race.
Tortoise Slow n steady .jpg

And the tortoise will always beat the hare!
Tortoise Running 1.jpg
And I lurvvvvvvvvvvvvvve this one
tortoise-hare-home.jpg

PS Let me know whether you can see the piccies! Minis is doing strange things again for me with them.

Last edited:
Remember . . . slow and steady wins the race.

And the tortoise will always beat the hare!

And I lurvvvvvvvvvvvvvve this one

PS Let me know whether you can see the piccies! Minis is doing strange things again for me with them.

No I can't, it says its an 'invalid attachment'?!

Hope you can get it fixed they sound good!! Slow and steady will win. I'm still here & lots of people I started with shedding big losses are either in and out or have disappeared. A little bit every time keeps me plodding...

Well the 2lbs I found last week have come back off, but I am still 2lbs heavier than I was 5 weeks ago. I suppose that's better than 4lbs heavier, but FFS this is like trying to wade through waist high mud just now :rolleyes:

I will follow the rules and get over on the naughty step though - what is everyone having?

Annya - well done chica, glad you've finally had a loss and the scales are being kind.
Fingers crossed that the rest of the last few weeks gains comes off next week.
I'll skip the drinks thank you. Still got a bit of a hangover from a naughty night last evening :cry:
So much for me trying to be good.

Aww am pleased its going back in the right direction again annya. It must be so frustrating!

I've been off plan for 2 weeks (apart from the odd day) set my MFP to maintain and just hoped. And today's it's showing a 5lb gain in 2 weeks, yes I've been off plan but I also know my cal consumption and this is not right at all. So crap! Basically I have to 100% diet to even maintain never mind lose anything.

Sick of it all now really x

Annya we are following each other on the up down trail

I have still not lose my steroid weight gain and I go away with my mum in 4 weeks time all inc to Fueterventura

Aww am pleased its going back in the right direction again annya. It must be so frustrating!

I've been off plan for 2 weeks (apart from the odd day) set my MFP to maintain and just hoped. And today's it's showing a 5lb gain in 2 weeks, yes I've been off plan but I also know my cal consumption and this is not right at all. So crap! Basically I have to 100% diet to even maintain never mind lose anything.

Sick of it all now really x

Sounds very familiar Charl. I am so sorry :(

Like you, I don't think I am ever going to be able to eat a 'normal' diet again. Even if I manage to reach target (and that seems like an impossible aim just now!) I don't think I will be able to maintain without staying under 1600 clas/day :sigh:

Annya we are following each other on the up down trail

I have still not lose my steroid weight gain and I go away with my mum in 4 weeks time all inc to Fueterventura

I hear you honey. I am still 9lbs off being back to my pre-winter steroid gain - and even then I was still 8lbs away from my initial target :eek:

Hi guys well done annya and doll eyes on the losses

Sorry to hear lots are struggling :(

I'm doing rubbish too, not eating til late in the day then eating crap. I've gained 2 pound this week. So need to pull it back and start being more healthy. Fresh fruit and veg isn't an option as we are so skint we have to shop at heron....£60 a week to feed a family of 5 :( but yea Cameron keep lowering any help given to the lower classes cos were all lording it up on our tax credits etc. moron.

My grandad died on Wednesday too :( so having a **** week

Hi guys well done annya and doll eyes on the losses

Sorry to hear lots are struggling :(

I'm doing rubbish too, not eating til late in the day then eating crap. I've gained 2 pound this week. So need to pull it back and start being more healthy. Fresh fruit and veg isn't an option as we are so skint we have to shop at heron....£60 a week to feed a family of 5 :( but yea Cameron keep lowering any help given to the lower classes cos were all lording it up on our tax credits etc. moron.

My grandad died on Wednesday too :( so having a **** week

Sorry to hear life is treating you so unkind just now Lou. And very sorry to hear about your Grandad - heartfelt condelences my lovely :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I have been following SW at home now for 7 weeks and have lost a total of 2 1/2 pounds !

Granted I STS the first week and then put on the second. I have been away and going out some weekends and have managed to loose 1 1/2 in the last 2 weeks. How do you all keep yourself motivated ?

The same as every other week, I have been OK in the week when I am at work, go shopping with my mum (who is 82) on Saturday and her idea of a treat is to go for sandwich and a big cream cake. I'm not sure if I don't want to disappoint her or if its an excuse to eat. But it sets me off on a bad eating day. Told myself I would count it as a flexible day and was really proud of myself on Sunday until an easter egg unwrapped itself and jumped into my mouth. (and I didn;t really enjoy it to be honest)

This is what I need to conquer - the overeating and bingeing when I don't really want something- don't know why I am eating it but I do ... this is what I have been like for years and years and I need to stop.

At least I am 2 and half pounds lighter,.....not great but in the right direction,

Hello everyone. I have been following SW at home now for 7 weeks and have lost a total of 2 1/2 pounds !

Granted I STS the first week and then put on the second. I have been away and going out some weekends and have managed to loose 1 1/2 in the last 2 weeks. How do you all keep yourself motivated ?

It has taken me 2 years to lose and keep off 19lbs and I am still a stone over target! I think the key to motivation is that you have to REALLY want it and be prepared to stick at it through the ups and downs. I have got quite good at maintaining now - sadly it is at a stone over target :rolleyes:

The same as every other week, I have been OK in the week when I am at work, go shopping with my mum (who is 82) on Saturday and her idea of a treat is to go for sandwich and a big cream cake. I'm not sure if I don't want to disappoint her or if its an excuse to eat. Only you know that Kath. One of the hardest things about addressing your weigh issues is being honest with yourself and asking yourself why you can't say no? Does your Mum know you are trying to shift some weight? If so, you are going to have to change this pattern, or let her have the 'treats' but forego them youself - harsh, I know, but it has to be done. I had a similar problem with my husband until recently - he really loves his 'little treats' and has now developed Type 2 diabetes as a result of it :( He used to try to make me feel guilty or obsessive for saying no if we were out and I refused cake/chocolate/whatever - but I realised that it was actually him that felt guilty and he was trying to lay the blame at my feet! He is a bit better since his diagnosis, but it is too late now and he has a debilitating life-long medical condition because he didn't lose the weight when he was told to - even more motivation for me!!

But it sets me off on a bad eating day. Told myself I would count it as a flexible day and was really proud of myself on Sunday until an easter egg unwrapped itself and jumped into my mouth. (and I didn;t really enjoy it to be honest). This is what I need to conquer - the overeating and bingeing when I don't really want something- don't know why I am eating it but I do ... this is what I have been like for years and years and I need to stop. Again - you have to look within and ask yourself why you do this................ most folks on here will agree that self-analysis is the toughest part of the journey, but if you can't get your head around what motivates you to over-eat in the first place you are never going to be able to stop.

At least I am 2 and half pounds lighter,.....not great but in the right direction,

Try and focus on the positive Kath. It really gets me down sometimes that it has taken me so long to lose a relatively small amount of weight despite being 100% the vast majority of the time over that period. Others would have lost stones by now, but I just have to tell myself that I am 1 stone 5lbs lighter and 2 dress sizes smaller than I was in 2011 and keep on plodding because I WANT THIS!

Last edited:
Wise words annya.

Pom once said to me that ALL the battle with weight loss is in your head...and it's right. We put the damn fatty stuff in our mouths we know what we should and shouldn't eat, it's just getting in the right mindset. There are a couple of ppl on this thread who gain for no reason due to meds but they know why...if your gaining and over eating you know that is why. Only you can do this. You have to want it enough and prepare for a hard journey. The simple fact is you can't eat what you want and lose weight. Sadly :(

I'd suggest trying to battle your inner demons with food, try to discover your triggers and find alternative behaviour to combat it. Write a mood diary it does help. And write every last morsel of food down....if you don't want to write it down then you shouldn't be eating it ;)

Good luck xx

Kath - I deffo subscribe to the theory that losing weight is all in the mind.
You have to WANT to lose weight rather than just think you need to.
Until you get to that stage you are just going to trundle along losing and gaining the same few pounds, and carrying on with the same old eating patterns of binge, starve, etc.

In Sept 2006 I decided I needed to lose some weight to help my arthritic knees, hips and back.
I lost the weight very slowly and it took 50 week to lose 2 stone - 28 lbs, an average of just over ½ lb a week .
But then I just stopped because my arthritis was much better and I was fed up with saying no to things I liked.
But also because I only needed to lose the weight, not want to. Fortunately I managed to maintain quite successfully for 2 years.

Then suddenly in Jan 2011, having put on about 7 lbs over Xmas I had a lightbulb moment and realised I wanted to lose some more!
I lost the ½ stone I'd gained and another 2 stone fairly quickly - 35 weeks for 35 lbs. Phew - that was racing for me.
It then took me a looooooooong time to lose the last ½ stone - mainly because I was faffing around again and my head wasn't totally in it.
But I got there finally and I've now maintained successfully for over 12 months.

Because I want to be this weight and I never want to get fat again it keeps me motivated.
I have a few days where I allow myself treats but have "good days" at least 3 days a week to keep the weight stable.
Mind you I'm struggling a bit at the mo (see my next post!).

If you are truly bingeing and overeating then you may need some extra help as no diet will actually get to the root of the problem.
Many people on Minis swear by counselling using CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) and loads more are using Slim-Pods which is helping them overcome more than just food problems.

Only you can know if your relationship with food is a deep-seated problem or whether you are just overeating from boredom.
You have to be honest with yourself - also tell your mum if she doesn't know and tell her you can't do this anymore if you are serious about WANTING to lose weight.

Hugs chica - it's bleddy hard this weight loss game!

Monday WI did NOT go well. I've gained another 0.6 kg putting me at 1.35 kg over target. In target range . . . but only just.
Having mum here and all the attached problems means I'm comfort eating.
Found the easter bunny that hubby hid away and ate it! :cry:
Also been having lots of carbs as I just need the comfort food.

The AGM is on Wednesday and Mum goes home on Thursday so maybe when I de-stress a bit I can get my head back in gear.

Lou - sorry that you're having a tough time and also about your grandad.
((( Big hugs ))) chica

Last edited:
thank you for some wise words. I'm going to print them off and read them over again when I need a bit of a boost. You are all right - it is my head I need to get sorted out. I eat out of boredom and probably because I live on my own and nobody can see me.

My mum would love me to loose weight so I dont know why I carry on letting her buy me cake - an excuse I suppose..

I obviously have lots of deep thinking to do.

I'll be back for more support .....thanks again
Kath

thank you for some wise words. I'm going to print them off and read them over again when I need a bit of a boost. You are all right - it is my head I need to get sorted out. I eat out of boredom and probably because I live on my own and nobody can see me.

My mum would love me to loose weight so I dont know why I carry on letting her buy me cake - an excuse I suppose..

I obviously have lots of deep thinking to do.

I'll be back for more support .....thanks again
Kath
((( Big Big Hugs ))) chica. We're here for cuddles but these too :asskick:
I've had enough from my fellow tortoise team in the past.

Back