The really slow loss team!

sorry to read about your grandad lou, and how hard things are for you at the mo, fingers crossed this can only mean things get better.

Good luck kath! You'll get there! It is in the mind, I totally believe what bev says. If you're heads not in it it's a rocky old ride of usually denial about what your eating. But if you really truly want it, it'll happen ( unless like poor annya it's medical as she's a trooper for not giving in!)

I'm on/off plan but mainly down to planning, it's always my fail point. Leave it too late to eat and j make easy quick (off plan!) choices.

Here's to a better remainder of the week! Xx

well its taken me a while to catch up....Lou sorry its pants for you, very sad times x

big hugs to everyone inclusive of gains and losses, its a piggin hard journey. I too wonder if i can ever eat 'normally' again!! but saying that the scales appear (today) to be heading the right way. but i very easily lose my momentum to contnue and one treat becomes a day of treats etc etc and so it snowballs!

Oh my god I'm so happy to find this group. I watch everyone lose pound after pound and mine is slow I know do pick but I also spent 2010 and 2011 starving myself and 2012 on anti depressants I gained when I went from not eating to eating and no exercise... I would love to do the slow weight loss xxx

Welcome new people and hello to regulars.

I am sorry so many of us are having a bad time at the moment

I had yet another stay the same and this was probably one of my best weeks with weighing measuring no eating out under syns etc.

I have two meals planned this week and only 3.5 weeks till I go away with my mum to Fueterventura.

I am trying to eat some fish every day and trying red and extra easy. We shall see as it is hard with not eating meat or chicken

Latte - so sorry to hear about another STS. You know it is better than a gain, but I know that isn't what you want the scales to tell you and I really feel for you - big hugs honey :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Little Katie - welcome to the house of fun (or should that be pain!). We are all plodders here so jump on that ole bandwagon and join in :D

Kath - you CAN do this my lovely. And we are all here to give each other :copon::bighug::hug99: :help2: :grouphugg: :happy096: :bliss: :asskick: :wee: and whatever else is needed to get us through this frustrating, challenging, and sometimes frankly downright vexing journey.

I call for a BIG CHEER for all of us tortoises that are still here hanging in there and making the effort..... GOOD ON US ALL

Hear hear hip hip hooray.

I maybe still 3 lbs away pre steroid weight BUT I am 13lbs down in total.

Hear hear hip hip hooray.

I maybe still 3 lbs away pre steroid weight BUT I am 13lbs down in total.

Good attitude to take Latte - that's exactly the way I try to see it.... I might not be the weight I should or want to be yet, but I am a darned sight lighter than I used to be!

Last edited:
Yay to the tortoise team. :clap: and :bighug: to us all.
Without some of the lovely ladies on here I think I would be in the looney bin.
Losing my last 7 lbs was a serious trial and tribulation and I got so many words of wisdom that I cannot ever thank you all enough.

Hey :) I'm a slow loser too can I join in... I've been weighed tonight n 2lb bak on again and I done the water challenge this week so I don't kno what's going on x

Hey :) I'm a slow loser too can I join in... I've been weighed tonight n 2lb bak on again and I done the water challenge this week so I don't kno what's going on x

Welcome to the group of snail paced losses, unexplained gains and STS - you'll fit in just right here ;)

OK ladies, do you remember that 2lbs I lost last week? Well, I found them again FFS!!!

Oh Annya - you're having such a tough time at the mo chica. ((( Big Hugs )))

The crap continues in the Pommette houshold. Hope the rest of you are ok.

Faced the scales today and it's yet another gain. So I'm now 1.75 kg (4 lbs) over target.
So I am going to have a to go for super good week.
No treats this week and I think I'm even going to try a total detox for a few days and have no alcohol at all.
Not looking forward to that but I think it has to be done.

Mum now gone home and I finally managed a good night's sleep - thankfully. I have been soooooo tired for days.
Probably a reaction to lack of adrenalin now flowing which obviously was whilst mum was here.

The crap continues in the Pommette houshold. Hope the rest of you are ok.

Faced the scales today and it's yet another gain. So I'm now 1.75 kg (4 lbs) over target.
So I am going to have a to go for super good week.
No treats this week and I think I'm even going to try a total detox for a few days and have no alcohol at all.
Not looking forward to that but I think it has to be done.

Mum now gone home and I finally managed a good night's sleep - thankfully. I have been soooooo tired for days.
Probably a reaction to lack of adrenalin now flowing which obviously was whilst mum was here.

Sorry to hear about your gain - its hard when it keeps on. I've had a couple of days of wine and want one today as its a holiday day but know it is deadly for any chance of a loss. Lack of sleep is a real weight gainer too. Some chemical thing so hopefully that'll make a difference for you this week. Good luck for a good week. I've had my first 'off plan' couple of days since I started 13 weeks ago & I cannot deviate even a little. Also no exercise as had cold and not drinking enough water so doesn't bode well as I have to be an angel all the time!

Thanks Malamobile. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that a couple of days off plan hasn't done too much damage.
My sleep is always bad - real insomniac these days - but I'm normally slightly better in the Winter months.
Althogh this year has been really bad, plus the stress for the last few weeks has been pretty high.
Hopefully I'll get a good few nights sleep and get more back to normal which should help my weight.

Last edited:
0.8lbs off this week, not great, but better than nothing I suppose. Still weigh more than I did at the beginning of March though :(

A loss is a loss is a loss and you don't weigh more than you did when you first started xxx

Think hay fever is starting already as a few people are complaining of sniffles and sneezing.

Will be interesting to see if I get any this year.

Bright sunshine here but it is cold

Back