The really slow loss team!

Well done Annya - I know you're probably disappointed but you're heading in the right direction again.

A loss is a loss is a loss and you don't weigh more than you did when you first started xxx

Yes, that is the way I try to view it at times like these.

Think hay fever is starting already as a few people are complaining of sniffles and sneezing.

I am already getting itchy eyes from the tree pollens - lots of catkins on the birch and hazel in the woods just now. Tree pollen doesn't make me sneeze or sniffle though - grass pollen - especially timothy grass - is my nemesis. As you know I have been having desesitisation to grass pollen for thepast 3 years, but we haven't had a good enough summer or high enough pollen counts since I started the treatment to know whether it has made an appreciable difference or not
:( I do have sneezes, sniffles and a cough, but they are the remanants of this cold that I've had for the past 3 weeks that refuses to leave me :sigh:

Will be interesting to see if I get any this year.

If we get a summer that is..............*groans*

Bright sunshine here but it is cold

A beautiful day here today - bright sunshine and warm enough to hike with Lily into the forest with just a thick jumper, although a bit chilly to sit out with my tea just yet!

Last edited:
Been washing and hanging clothes outside since this morning.....makes such a nice change :)

Been washing and hanging clothes outside since this morning.....makes such a nice change :)
We put ours out on thursday and then toddled off for lunch.
Came home to soaking wet and dirty clothes as we had a massive storm that had "dirty" rain. Grrrrrrrrrrr

Hi Pommette have you given up on the Spain thread. Very little activity. Where exactly are you? I live in Turre and we have a good SW group there run by a really good leader.

Hiya Sonyam

The only thread with any activity on regarding Spain is this one - people just stopped posting on the rest as they disappeared.
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...-spain-all-other-threads-seem-have-ended.html

The Spain Syn fred has the odd bit of activity but only if someone asks a question.

I live on the Southern Costa Blanca - inland from Guardamar and Torrevieja.
Interesting that you go to a SW group in Spain - as SW isn't actually licensed here!! :8855:
I do know there are one or two groups in Torrevieja that are following SW but they don't actually use the name.
I asked SW about 2 years ago if there was any chance of me training as a C to work in Spain and was told absolutely no way!!
Really frustrating - especially as the founder now lives on the Costa del Sol!

I can't actually PM you at the moment - and I don't think you can PM or email me - as you don't have enough posts.
But if it is a legal group then I would be seriously interested in getting the new books as mine are very out-of-day.

It is not a legal group because as you say it is not legal in Spain but the diet they all follow is SW. I had never done it before always liked Rosemary Conley but I must admit that it suits me down to the ground. Not looking for fast loss. I need to lose another 4 stone as I have lost 1 already but it took me about 10 weeks but I eat a lot. I am doing a couple of Pilates classes a week and that has toned me so I do not have lots of loose flesh and look as if I have lost more and I do feel very well. I feel better than I have for ages. Good luck with the diet and if I hear about a group that has access to books I will let you know. I just have everything on paper to print off.

Anyone mind if I join in?

I'm a really really slow loser and need all the motivation I can get at the moment

Welcome to the house of unexplained gains and STSs with an occasional teeny tiny loss thrown in just to stop us all from quitting completely Li :D Lots of tortoises live here so you should feel right at home!

Slight downward movement on the scales - just 300g - but at least it's going back down after 3 weeks of going up.
Really pleased with that as last week was not the best on the food front - lots of stresses and strains with mum.

Still outside target range - but only just - so lets hope a good week will shift some more pounds.

Good luck everyone else this week and welcome to all you newbies.

Slight downward movement on the scales - just 300g - but at least it's going back down after 3 weeks of going up.
Really pleased with that as last week was not the best on the food front - lots of stresses and strains with mum.

Still outside target range - but only just - so lets hope a good week will shift some more pounds.

Good luck everyone else this week and welcome to all you newbies.

Good news on the loss. Every little bit helps...

checking in again, fingers crossed you all maintain or lose even! any loss is a positive....i keep plodding losing 2lb gaining 2lb losing 2lb gaining 2 lb yada yada

is everyone okay? i have been off line due to stress at home *sighs*

is everyone okay? i have been off line due to stress at home *sighs*

Hi there Felicity - nice to 'see' you. I hear you with gaining and losing the same few pounds - sickening isn't it? Sorry things are stressful for you at home, hope all gets better soon my lovely :bighug:

. . . is everyone okay? i have been off line due to stress at home *sighs*
Hiya chica - I know how you feel. Had lots of stress recently too.
I'm trying not to let it get to me - 'cos when I get stressed I eat all the wrong things. *also sighs*

thankyou girls, sorry you have been stressed also. I am in the process of re mortgaging to help finances so its been a bit up and down. any excuse to eat and drink I also have! If its hot, if its cold, if I am stressed, if i am celebrating, if I have worked hard, if i am feeling down.....my motivation is all over the place. Is Lou no longer around?

I have just posted on the "anyone in Spain" thread and said that I seem to have a strange anomoly each month. The first time I actually gained 3 lb although I had stuck to it but the following week I lost 4.5 lb so did not feel too bothered. Now a month later I lost 2oz so it seems to be hormonal. As I am almost 66 I though my days of worrying about that sort of thing were gone but clearly not. I do not get uptight about the weight though because I am exercising and my appearance has changed beyond the 16lb I have actually lost. I am though a fairly slow loser but I am very happy with the way I am losing because I eat lots and feel really well. Everybody who has not seen me for a while says how well I look.

Welcome sonyam. At nearly 54 I too am well past the time of being 'hormonal', having hit the menopause very early at around 38, but I still get quite marked fluctuations in my weight on a monthly basis so something is clearly still happening although I am not sure what!

Like you, I exercise a lot - indeed I have just re-started Couch 2 5k training - so thankfully I look as if I weigh a lot less than I actually do!

I have spent the past 6 weeks frustratingly gaining and losing the same couple of pounds.... I am hoping the prospect of warmer weather will inspire me to start eating loads of salads again which should help push me on again!

Last edited:
Hiya Sonyam

I'm 57 and haven't had any hormones since I was 36 (total hysterectomy) but took HRT for 18 years.
My loss pattern for about the first 4 months when I first started on SW (and was really enthusiastic) was actually on a 3 week cycle and was roughly -2, -1, -½. After I lost some of the initial enthusiasm it settled into -1, -½, +½. Although I did have some big losses/gains that weren't explainable at all. Now it's usually -½, -½, +1, - but that's cos I'm trying to maintain. :)

I think our bodies have a natural rhythm to how they lose weight - and I don't think it depends on age at all. It's just us.

Last edited:
Back