The really slow loss team!

Remember that 0.8lbs I lost last week ladies? Well, I found it again this week FFS :mad: :( :sigh:

Hi Everyone,

I am really struggling to loose weight. My first week i only lost 1lb and felt like a total failure when people around me and that i know was loose pounds in their first weeks. Even the consultant was stunned when she looked over my diary for the week and saw my WL.

I have now been on the plan for 3 weeks and lost 2 pounds so far! I shall keep going i will not quit this time as i know i will get there eventually.

The only difference this time with me joining SW is that i am actually enjoying exercise so i know with a sensible healthy eating plan and the exercise i am doing i will see the results.

Hope everyone carrys on sticking to it even if they feel their losses as small. Perhaps we are the type of people that are likely to keep the weight off after for longer or forever!! :)

Thanks
Lisa

. . . Perhaps we are the type of people that are likely to keep the weight off after for longer or forever!! :)

Thanks
Lisa
Hiya Lisa and welcome.
I hope your comment is true . . . as I really don't want to put my weight back on.

Are you a "a lady of a certain age"? Or have hormonal problems? Or taking steroids?
Most of us on this fred fall into one of these 3 categories and all struggle to lose weight.

Also, if you have only just started exercising then your muscles will hang onto water to help them repair, but you will drop weight eventually as your body gets used to the exercise. Good luck chica.

Remember that 0.8lbs I lost last week ladies? Well, I found it again this week FFS :mad: :( :sigh:

((( Big Hugs ))) chica - I know you've been really good too this week.
Keep smiling and keep to plan. It'll go once you get off the high steroid does.

Hiya Lou - busy is good! But are you finally getting paid for some of the make-up work you are doing?

I had a BAD day with my mum and the debtors at Roda so I got absolutely blasted last night and suffering greatly today.
I really don't like getting drunk any more - my body just won't take it (age you know) - so I avoid it like the plague.
But one drink just led to another . . . and another . . . and another

I've been doing so well all week in trying to get rid of this blasted bloat but I think I might have sabotaged myself. :cry:

I'm not into the fast day thing but I sort of did it by default on Wednesday as I just didn't actually feel like eating I was so bloated.
I must admit it seems to have worked and given my body a big :asskick: and the scales have been going down slowly since then.
Just need to be good today though - but as I have a hangover from hell I can see me heading for comfort food.
Hey ho - WI tomorrow and only the scales will tell. :(

Snap Bev. A really sh*tty couple of days for me - no booze, but just on a real downer.... so ruddy fed up of trying and getting nowhere :sigh:

oh bev and annya I really dont like you being fed up ! you are always so up beat and supportive of everyone around here (without fail) its sad to see.

I hope things seem a bit better for you soon? I did giggle to read Bev got drunk!! The bloat is not good tho it makes you not want to do it again (for a short time anyways). whats RODA Bev?

Big hugs all round I feel xxxx

Hey you guys ! Sorry I never post, I do read nearly every day a d cheer you on. I just looked at my stats. My av weight loss over last 2 years is 0.3 lbs a week :) lol. But, have made it from 12.8 to 9.11. Would like to get to 9.8 but I might need to cut it out!!
Just saying, stay with it, hang in there and don't let the ******* win :)

Hey felicity! How's things? You back on track now?

For the last 2 weeks and half diets been going well and walking all the school runs with the pup. Amazingly weight seems to be going back down quite fast after a 9lb gain. But love how quickly I'm seeing results this time, usually it comes back off so slowly!

hi charl, things not bad here. i am glad your back on track again! are you doing anything different this time? I lost 2lb but it will come back on i seem to do well and then fail again and so on

how is everyone?

It's coming relatively slowly but surely. I'm luckier than many with my losses but can't get people who say they've had a 'bad week' which includes take aways and all sorts of naughtiness and say they 'only' lose 3lbs! that gives others on sw unrealistic expectations. i have to be 100% to lose anything which is quite a lot of pressure all the time! when i was struggling it was the ladies on here that really helped when they said that sticking it out and accepting those smaller losses despite what others lose, and the exercise and water and the 100% eating was. Worth it and were themselves the evidence of this. It kept me chugging away and I'm getting there and it made me realise what seemed low losses compared to others were actually good and more than alot of others get. Thanks ladies - how's everyone else getting on?

Afternoon chicas. Sorry to be awol - been in UK on an emergency visit (got home last night. Mum got rushed into hospital.
She'd had a fall (drunk - she's a functioning alcoholic) and couldn't get up so house manager had to pick her up. Was then in terrible pain 3 days later.
Fortunately nothing broken - she'd just caused a massive flare up of her arthritis.
She's now been read the riot act and seems to be sticking to the rules . . . so far. But it's early days.

Felicity - Roda is the complex where we have our holiday rental apartment. I am the auditor for the community and my big job at the moment is chasing our debtors - some of whom haven't paid their community fees since they bought the place 6 years ago!

Well I jumped on the scales this morning as I haven't been anywhere near them for 11 days and was absolutley gob smacked.
I've lost 0.5 kg whilst I was in the UK which I am totally amzed at.
I've eaten loads of naughty stuff - lots of biscuits (chocolate HobNobs and Shortbreads to name just 2).
But I've had no alcohol for the last 6 days and I've been running round like a looney doing things for mum.

So that puts me at just 0.55 kg (1¼ lbs) over target so I'm jumping with joy!
Off for a shower and then to do some shopping.

Have a lovely weekend girlies.

. . . i have to be 100% to lose anything which is quite a lot of pressure all the time! when i was struggling it was the ladies on here that really helped when they said that sticking it out and accepting those smaller losses despite what others lose, and the exercise and water and the 100% eating was. Worth it and were themselves the evidence of this. It kept me chugging away and I'm getting there and it made me realise what seemed low losses compared to others were actually good and more than alot of others get. Thanks ladies - how's everyone else getting on?
Keep at it malamobile - if it's going slowly then that's good, as you stand a fighting chance of keeping it off.
I don't quite have to be 100% - but anything less than about 95% means I gain and even to STS I have to be about 98% there.
It's easier now that I'm trying to maintain but I really have to be careful about how much extra I eat.
Last week was a fluke - losing whilst having lots of biscuits. But I was really stressed and running around like the proverbial fly and no booze was probably the reason.

Hey all

Please can I join this team? I'm rejoining SW on tues and my losses have always been small so it will be good to have a team who I can relate to.

Stacey xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya Mrs W - if you're a slow loser you've come to the right place. We're a reet friendly bunch although there are some rules that we have to stick to
You'll find them rules here

Having had a naughty night on Friday (bread AND potatos) my loss in the UK had all but dissappeared - bleedy carb bloat methinks.
But after 2 good days that were VERY carb light I'm showing another 0.3 kg loss.
Yayyyyy - I'm almost back at target, just 0.25 kg over.

bev sorry to hear about your mum....thats a stress ya dont need! keep up the hard work and fingers crossed your lovely debtors pay up...would you like me to sort them out for ya *smacks baseball bat against hand*

lou congrats on making money! thats a relief.

welcome stacey hope you pop by soon and chat.

my stay the same is staying the same (but its not a gain huh) I tell you what i am doing tho-wheat free options and my belly bloat is so reduced!! its challenging tho as it makes for allot more planning for me-lets see if i can keep it up

Hey everyone
I flew back from Mexico this morning and I'm knackered. I'm determined to stay awake so I can join SW tonight though :)
I will update you on how I get on xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back