The really slow loss team!

There you go, Pommette. I told you it wouldn't happen again! I put 2 pounds on this week, after having lost two last week, even though I stuck to plan perfectly!! :( I must admit, the other couple of times I've done SW in the past, this was the sort of thing that would put me off going to group because, I'd stick to it religiously, only to find I'd gained at weigh-in sometimes. The Consultant, after checking my food diary, could never say why either. It's so frustrating but I'm definitely sticking with it. It's just so irritating that it always takes me ages to reach target - I could cope with 1lb a week off but a gain for no reason is so annoying! Right. End of rant!! Hope you are all doing OK. :)
Right - have a look at how many carbs you're eating as it sounds as though you're a bit like me.
Too many carbs on green and EE days and I also gain even if I've stuck 100% to plan.
Also make sure you are getting enough liquid inside you.
Try for at least 2 ltrs (8 mugs/big glasses) a day - half of which must be water, either plain or with NAS squash.
I try to make sure I drink 3 ltrs a day.
And cut out the fizzy drinks (diet coke particularly) if you are having these. They actually dehydrate you. As does too much caffeine in tea and coffee.
Try adding lots of superspeed fruit - melon and berries are my faves - and see if that helps.

If this is grandmothers and eggs then apologies - but have a go and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks for all the advice, Pommette. I don't tend to have many carbs really but can't say I drink that much. While I'm at work (I'm a SEN Teaching Assistant in a primary school) we're not allowed hot drinks in the classroom or playground anymore and our lunch break has been cut from one hour to thirty minutes. The morning breaks, by the time you make it to the staffroom, are usually about ten minutes, if you're lucky. This all means that any hot drinks made are frequently left half finished so, during the day, I don't drink much at all. I'll have to invest in a water beaker, as long as it keeps the water nice and cold and then I'll make a conscious effort to drink more. No, I don't drink fizzy drinks at all really or, only when mixed with a Synned Bacardi occasionally! :) I'll give it a go and keep my fingers crossed and, thanks again. x

Had a dire week. Having been poorly the week before and lost loads it has all come back (and more) to bite me in the bum.
Told you I shouldn't celebrate!
Been away for 3 days and had lots of lovely food that was nowhere near plan so I've had a massive gain.
2.8 kgs (that's over 6 lbs) in a week leaving me at 3.4 kgs over target (7¼ lbs).
:cry: I know some of it's bloat but . . .
Right. Week of being seriously on plan coming up. No treats, no carbs, lots of speed fruit and water water water.

Hope everyone else is ok - it's very quiet on here.

I have been poorly also, from friday till yesterday was feeling very ill, think id picked up some sort of virus. Feeling better this morning though so back on to it. Was planning on going on my cross trainer this morning but not feeling 100% to do that yet so just going to have lots of fluids and superfree today

Had a dire week. Having been poorly the week before and lost loads it has all come back (and more) to bite me in the bum.
Told you I shouldn't celebrate!
Been away for 3 days and had lots of lovely food that was nowhere near plan so I've had a massive gain.
2.8 kgs (that's over 6 lbs) in a week leaving me at 3.4 kgs over target (7¼ lbs).
:cry: I know some of it's bloat but . . .
Right. Week of being seriously on plan coming up. No treats, no carbs, lots of speed fruit and water water water.

Hope everyone else is ok - it's very quiet on here.

Glad you're feeling better, Pommette and, I'm sure, even if you went totally off plan, I bet you enjoyed your break away and the lovely food that went with it! :) At least now you'll be focussed again so good luck for this week!

You've got this Bev :D

Thank you lovely ladies - your support is really appreciated.
I knew the gain was bloat (says she not quite so confidently as she once might have been).
1.3 kg (over 2¾ lbs) has magically disappeared overnight. Despite not being quite so good and having a naughty baguette for lunch yesterday.
Hey Ho - onwards and downwards we go.

Wrong thread

Last edited:
How are you all? Seems everyone has disappeared off here.

I've managed a 0.7 kg loss (1½ lbs) but after last week's massive 2.8 kg gain I would have been gutted if I hadn't lost something.
I'm still sitting way over target and outside range (5¾ lbs over target).
Oh well - another week dawns! Nothing planned this week so lets hope that I can get back on track.

I still read ! Come on Pom, get back to target :)
Hiya WG - thanks for the kick and motivation.
Week going ok although I've already cracked and had a wine tonight as I got really stressed again this afternoon with the bleddy debtors (again).

Week going ok although I've already cracked and had a wine tonight as I got really stressed again this afternoon with the bleddy debtors (again).

I have discovered Brothers Toffee Apple cider - sounds ghastly, tastes divine - but at 264 cals a bottle I shan't be having one often :eek: Thankfully I got Lily out for a good hike this evening so I burned it off!

I have discovered Brothers Toffee Apple cider - sounds ghastly, tastes divine - but at 264 cals a bottle I shan't be having one often :eek: Thankfully I got Lily out for a good hike this evening so I burned it off!
Our local bar stocks UK cider and a few really weird ones have arrived. Including mulled with spices and other added fruits.
I'm not a big cider drinker but do enjoy the odd glass and I get tempted every time I see them shouting at me from the shelf! :cry:

If you ever see Kopperberg Elderflower and Lime you must try it (or perhaps you shouldn't!) - it is absolutely gorgeous cold from the fridge and totally my alcoholic nemesis! Thankfully you don't see it often, but I always feel compelled to buy at least half a dozen bottles when we do - I am just glad that I am not bothered one way or 'tother about booze otherwise I'd be even fatter than I already am :eek:

Ooo this sounds like my kinda group ! I have hypothyroidism & diabetes so some weeks im lucky if I can loose 0.0000001 of a pound lol ... X

Hiya RUBYROO and welcome to the tortoise club.
We're a select little bunch these days and it's a bit quiet on here at the mo but yu are really welcome.

Hiya RUBYROO and welcome to the tortoise club.
We're a select little bunch these days and it's a bit quiet on here at the mo but yu are really welcome.
Lol ... it's nice to no it's not just Me who takes a yr n half to loose a stone ;) Ta for the lovely welcome :) xxx

Back