The really slow loss team!

I am the same I am classed as pre diabetic or insulin resistant due to the pcos and I have been metformin for over 10 years.

I've been on metformin for a while too, I stopped taking it because I thought it was making me ill but when I stopped taking it I was still having the symptoms and that's when I was diagnosed with IBS, so now I know it wasn't the metformin I'm going back on them, working up to 3 per day, just 1 just now though. Have been meaning to take 2 but keep forgetting at tea time so will try to have 1 tonight after tea.

Metformin helps some with weightloss I have heard but no luck for us I guess :(

Izzyhew - It's tough when you have lots of conditions that interfere with weight loss.
But do not give in - it will go slowly, and you might have weeks where you have an unexplained gain, but stick with it.
You'll get there slow and sure like Latte finally has!

I hope I won't give up, I don't intend to at the moment, just keep trying different things.

One of the things I am trying to focus on is that this way of eating, combined with the fact I am exercising *has* to be improving my health. I might not be seeing it on the scales every week but my health must be improving and that's a good thing :)

Im getting really down and frustrated at the moment with how slow the weight is coming off. I havnt been on plan for 2 weeks now but its hard for me to stay motivated when i work so hard and only get a 1lb loss. I so badly want to shift this weight but starting to think that maybe slimming world isnt for me

have you tried using original days?

I stuck without losses for 3 weeks recently so last week I decided to make a change. I did mostly original days, looked at my superfree, and looked at my snacking. I decided that although I wasn't off plan with my snacking I was eating too much fruit and yoghurt - because I love it and well it's free! However it does still all add up! I'm not sure I feel full when I should so I probably eat more than I need.

Anyway a lady here suggested 12 syns per day as I have PCOS, I did original days, and I started using HE's for breakfast/snacks, and other snacks are usually syns, leaving me (mostly) only having free food and superfree for my meals. This week I lost 1.5, and to be honest that is fantastic to me after waiting 3 weeks on a loss!

When you say 1lb are you meaning 1lb per week? because I actually think that is a good loss, nice and steady :)

If you try to think about the alternatives before you give up, because you are saying you're not sure sw is for you - that's a fair point and only you know the answer, but where will you be in 6 months if you stop? I asked myself that question and decided that although my progress is painfully slow I'd rather follow a path of slow progress than give up, because I know where that road leads, and I don't want to go there.

I have tried the red plan a few times but i struggle with doing it the whole week because i struggle with things to accompany my meals when i dont have potatoes and i find myself getting peckish later on in the night. I hate swede so cant really have that as a substitute, so i really struggle with meal ideas on that plan to be honest. Iv planned my meals for this week and theyre all low syn ee meals so just need to be conscious of having my superfree. Iv been on sw for 8 weeks now and lost about 6lb

Im getting really down and frustrated at the moment with how slow the weight is coming off. I havnt been on plan for 2 weeks now but its hard for me to stay motivated when i work so hard and only get a 1lb loss. I so badly want to shift this weight but starting to think that maybe slimming world isnt for me

It could be worse honey. I stayed well under my alloted calories every day last week (I calorie count now as SW definitely doesn't work for me as I just eat too much - 'superfree' is not 'superfree' - all food has calorific value!) which by rights should have meant I saw at least some loss, but I actually GAINED 2lbs :eek:

I would be delighted with a steady 1lb a week, but I have been losing and regaining the same 3-4lbs for the past 8 weeks :sigh: I don't cheat on my calorie counting and even my Dietician cannot understand why I am not losing much less why I am gaining apart from the fact that I am steroided to the rooftops, I am menopausal and I have more than one 'fat gene' marker (great inheritance to get from my Mum). Ho-hum :(

Stick with it - you will get there in the end. Some lucky so and so's lose it as easily as they have gained it whilst others take much longer to get rid of it than it took to put it on :( In the meantime can I suggest you look at portion sizes and snacking - those were my two downfalls and it tends to be the same for lots of slow losers. That and drink LOADS of water or NAS squash and I mean LOADS in this hot weather - I am on 3 litres a day just now!

SW might say you can 'as much as you want' and still lose weight, but it isn't actually the case for many people, and especially if the odds are also stacked against you for medical or medicinal reasons.

I have found that the only way I don't over-eat is to account for every single calorie that passes my lips - hurrah for MFP - but sadly I still manage to gain weight sometimes when by rights I should be losing regularly every week
:sigh:

I agree Annya, I have been using MFP to look at my calories too and it's scary how it can add up even when you are 100% sticking to sw!

6 lb's in 8 weeks is not too bad, I know it feels slow when you look at some of the others but the fact is we each have our own bodies and are unique there is little point looking at what others are achieving really.

I'm currently sat at 6.5lbs, and I think I'm on week 9, so we're comparable. I think we just need to stick with it, and like Annya says worth looking at calories too.

As for red day food you get 2 HEB's per day and you can choose to use one or both of those for potatoes/rice/pasta etc. Otherwise I love oven roasted veg with frylight, I chop large wedges of onion, butternut squash and peppers, sometimes courgette, cherry tomatoes etc, it's lovely alongside most meats. I'm having beef curry tonight with roast butternut squash and baby corn.

There is a red day thread somewhere if you want to look for ideas :)

Weightloss isn't fair, but we have to play the hands we are dealt.

Best of luck to you x

I use mfp too just to keep a check on calories that im eating. Iv lost inches around my body but on the scales i just seem to be stuck around 12st12 and its so annoying! Im going to stick to my ee plan this week and see how i go at wi, then i think ill try a red week after that. Thanks ladies sometimes you just need a few kind words to get you back on track!

1lb off of the 3lb that iv put on in the last 2 weeks, annoyed with myself that iv let myself get into this situation where im losing weight but not really gaining anything its just to take me back to were i was 2 weeks ago. Hopefully after this week the other 2lbs will be off too

Sorry I've not been around chicas - stressed to the eyeballs with my mum here.

Chloe - as Izzy said you can have 2 HexB's per day on red days. I use one most days to have a sandwich for lunch and the 2nd to have a baked spud or new pots in the evening. The rice/pasta option is useless as the amount is so small, so I only have those on green days and just stick with the spuds on red.
And like Izzy said do loads of dry roasted veg to fill you up.
I didn't do EE days at all when I was losing as I just seriously over-eat on them.
As has been said - calories are calories and I had to cut out ALL snacks to get to target.

Interestingly 12:12 was one of my sticking points. I was stuck there for 8 weeks, just losing and gaining the same ½ lb - let alone a pound. And then whoosh - I miraculouly lost 4lbs in a week. But I stuck there again for another 6 weeks! No whoosh this time though and I just lost my last 9 lbs slowly over the next 13 weeks.

Stick with it hun, and you will get there.

I'll be missing again now for another week or so as I'm off back to the UK with my mum tomorrow night.

Good luck chicas and keep the faith.

Sorry ladies - forgot to check in on Friday before I headed out for a weekend away with the bike club. Nothign exciting to report; indeed, despite staying WAY under my calories burned the whole week I had a very disappointing STS.

I am hoping for better this week, but TBH I did have a bit of a blow out at the weekend - not too drastic - but with my history that is usually enough for a hefty gain so we shall see :sigh:

Morning Chicas - I'm back from UK - and was feeling really stressed last night. Mum not brill.
I'm feeling a bit calmer though today after a really good sleep.
And I faced the scales :cry:

0.8 kg (1¾ lb) gain so that puts my 2.7 kg (5.85 lbs) over target.
JUST under 12 stone - but only just so I really need to get back down to my target of 11:7½.
Some will come off fairly easy this week - hopefully everything I put on in the UK - as it will be bloat and water retention from the flight. But the rest really has got to go.
Going to really stick to it and get these almost 7 lbs off asap!

Hope everyone else is ok. It's very quiet on here! :cry:

Thanks WG - bloat is starting to go.
Stress level is going down but . . .
My laptop blew up whilst I was away in the UK! Totally knackered - hard drive gone, mother board gone, graphics adapter gone . . . Grrrrr
Computer techies reckon it was a power surge but it gets plugged in via an anti-surge adapter.
So I've got a new one and I'm currently trying to get everything loaded back on and learn how it works.
Compter guys managed to reconstruct my hard drive so at least I have all my data but I've got to relaod all my programs again.
Driving me nuts at the mo.

After a fortnight of spectacular calorie deficits one week and reasonable ones this week I have still managed to GAIN a pound - talk about add to the demotivation FFS!!

sorry it's being so crappy Annya :confused: it really is unfair.

My weight had started to move a little before, but I have had a week off staying with family and have eaten loads so I have no idea how much I may have gained. I'll have a quick check tomorrow morning and hope my scales don't crack under the strain.

Iv lost zilch in weeks now .... Anyone else feel like their wastin their time? X

Back